online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Hip Hop facts and events most ya'll don't know about

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

08-05-2005, 03:30 AM         #651
cylla 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
the game is not thorough just because he got shot in the chest five times. you're a fu#kin' dumb a$s to be selling drugs and allow yourself to get popped in the chest five times by your own damn gun! that sh1t ain't cool! remove him from the thorough list.

by the way, styles p was jumped by kurupt and his people out there on the west coast. add that sh1t to the list

19 years ago '04        #652
MegaTON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30438 30 K  Slaps total: 5076 5 K
15 Artists Who Debut As Guests

1. Biz Markie: "Def Fresh Crew" (1986)

-Roxanne Shante

The inhuman orchestra's beatbox rendition of the Meow Mix cat food jingle is one of hip hop's grea recorded moments

2. Sean "Puffy" Combs: "Dolly My Baby (Bad Boy Extended Mix) (1993)

-Super Cat also featuring 3rd Eye, The Notorious B.I.G. & Mary J Blige

Thankfully, Puff Poppa never resucitated the freaky, hyper-grimy flow he displayed on his debut.

3. Cam'Ron: "8 Iz Enuff" (1995)

-Big L also featuring Terra, McGruff, Buddah Bless, Twan, Trooper J & Mike Boogie

No, ki1la Kam (as he was known then) didn't rhyme over the TV theme song to d1ck Van Patten's hour long family dramedy. But, hey, there's an idea.

4. Del The Funkee Homosapien: "Turn Off The Radio" (1990)

-Ice Cube

At the conclusion of Cube's classic anti-airwave anthem, his Funkee Cousin call in with a special announcement: "I just called to say, 'fu#k The Radio' "

5. Hurricane G: "Tonite's Da Night" (1992)

-Redman

Who could forget this mami with attitude's agitated urging after Reggi's false start? "Yo yo Redman! Man, what the fu#k, man? Get off that punk, smooth sh1t, get on that rough sh1t-you know how we do!!"

6.Jay-Z: "Hawaiian Sophie" (1989)

-The Jaz

Jigga plays hype man to his Marcy PRojects pal on this touching tale of Pacific island love.

7. The Lady Of Rage: "Total Chaos" & "The Winds Too Def To Die" (1991)

-L.A. Posse

Death Row's first Lady was "discovered" by Dr. Dre off these guest debuts.

8. Lil' Kim: "#!*@ Me" Interlude (1994)

-The Notorious B.I.G.

That's not just any random chick Biggie's making whoopee with-thats Junior M.A.F.I.A.'s own Big Momma!

9. The Lox: "Set It Off" (1994)

- Main Source also featuring Lotto & Shaqueen

A pre-Bad Boy Jadakiss and Sheek join forces with a post-Large Professor Sir Scratch and K-Cut

10. The Notorious B.I.G.: "A Bunch Of n1ggas" (1992)

-Heavy D also featuring 3rd Eye, Guru, Rob O, & Busta Rhymes

The future of Bad Boy's funk made his inauspicious first appearace in the middle of this random line up.

11. DJ Premier: "I Keep The Crowd Listening" (1990)

-Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smoth

Preem's voice is heard for the first time on record introducing the Funky Man

12. Q-Tip: "The Promo" (1988)

-The Jungle Brothers

The first in a long line of consummate Absract performances

13. Souls of Mischief & Casual: "Burnt" (1991)

-Del The Funkee Homosapien

Oaktown rhyme snipers blazed through this frenetic first foray

14. Sweet Tee: "One For The Treble" (1984)

-Davy DMX

The Q-borough princess know for "It's My Beat" and "It's Like That, Y'all" made her debut as the c0ckney-accented rap chick exhorting Davy to rock on

15. 2Pac: "Same Song" (1990)

-Digital Underground

A D.U. dancer at the time, 'Pac proved he could bust a rhyme as well as a move in his world premiere. Who knew thug paradise was just around the corner?

19 years ago '04        #653
MegaTON  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 30438 30 K  Slaps total: 5076 5 K
Grand Wizard Theodore (DJ Mean Gene's brother) is the creator of the scratch and needle drop. As the legend goes Theo was at home practicing on his turntables, and created these moves purely by accident. His mom came into his room asking him to turn down the music, and he held the record with his hand. He moved it back and forth and the rest is HipHop history.

In the 50's graffiti was used by gangs to denote territory.

Lauryn Hill was the first woman to nominated for 10 awards in Grammy history, and won 5 of them, Best Female R&B Vocal Performance ("Doo Wop"), Best New Artist, Best R&B Album and Best R&B Song (songwriter).

1996-Bone Thugs-N-Harmony break the record for fastest rising single with their hit "Tha Crossroads", the spot was previously held by The Beatles for "Can't Buy Me Love".

08-05-2005, 09:27 PM         #654
Yardfather 
Jim Jone's slapped Jay Z.

Couple people who got robbed in England most in London;

Ja Rule got his Avirex stolen by a 15 year old and he still rock's it to this day.
Akon got robbed on a video shoot.
ATL.
Elephant Man.
Jagged Edge.
Mario Winan's.
Busta.
Nas.
D'Angelo.

Also I heard Game got beaten the sh1t out of him in Manchester.

I'm pretty sure it is bullsh1t, but you never know. Apparently the guy said to Game "You're in my hood now". Game reponded "I respect that, but yo I'm from Compton", to which the guy responded "fu#k Compton". The Game then tried to swing, and then got swiftly dealt with by the guy. I was laughing when I was told this. It was so amusing to even picture it, especially as the guy that supposedly banged up The Game was like 5'5"/5'7" and stocky.

08-05-2005, 10:17 PM         #655
pkol 
i heard camron got arrest in harlem for driving without a license not tha long ago. dipset dipset...i gave you props stitch haha

19 years ago '04        #656
Kasssssst 
Props total: 22 22  Slaps total: 0 0
 pkol said
i heard camron got arrest in harlem for driving without a license not tha long ago. dipset dipset...i gave you props stitch haha
Blue Lamborgini driving with suspended license.....caught in NYC......posted here like a month bak

19 years ago '04        #657
Randumb Nobody 
Props total: 1535 1 K  Slaps total: 80 80
back from the grave

19 years ago '04        #658
tmontana171 
Props total: 338 338  Slaps total: 229 229
damn but that g@y bi sh1t whole lsit sounds a little to fu#kin extreme

19 years ago '05        #659
Santoro 
Props total: 41 41  Slaps total: 10 10
50 cent & ja rule's beef never started be4 they were famous, they didnt even kno each other, real reason's because ja was rollin with his posse one day just after he got famous, saw 50 cent rollin alone (after how to rob) started talkin sh1t so 50 clapped him dead in his eye, this was before ja poked him with a knife
That's all wrong. Ja Rule filmed a video in 50's hood before he got famous. Ja showed 50 no love and the beef ensued from there. Not to mention Supreme supposedly being involved in the ki1ling of 50s mom....

08-10-2005, 03:02 PM         #660
cdoyle456 
 ROC da MIC said
d block never ki1led nobody or sold any drugs
go to Sheek to his face that he's a "fake thug" and see what happens, and honestly do you have to ki1l someone or sell drugs to be tough, for all you know the three of them were stickup kids together, i bet if they ever got shot at they would've pulled out and shot back, instead of jumping on the floor of a car
+1   

08-10-2005, 04:02 PM         #661
ddubs 
 LBoogie2122 said
sommore

-Guru didnt leave boston in the best of terms which is why the early of stages of his carrear boston did not play a big part. Gang Starr originally started in Boston and had a few emcees in it. Guru left for NY and took the name without people knowing.
very true. I made a documentary in 2000 about Boston Hip Hop which featured Big Shug (from Gangstarr's MILITIA). Gangstarr started in Roxbury, MA and they were originally called Gangstarr Foundation. They have a 12" that I believe has been repressed (I have the original).

Also, Benzino was supposed to be in my documentary but the day I showed up to the Source Sound Lab in Canton, MA, Benzino kicked me out of the office and was yelling at Tony Rome for letting me (a white dude) in the office (Tony Rome, former member of RSO, was an office assistant)

19 years ago '04        #662
Aesop730 
Props total: 29735 29 K  Slaps total: 2946 2 K
Best Thread Ever ..

08-10-2005, 05:13 PM         #663
GR2004 
 Santoro said
That's all wrong. Ja Rule filmed a video in 50's hood before he got famous. Ja showed 50 no love and the beef ensued from there. Not to mention Supreme supposedly being involved in the ki1ling of 50s mom....
No,the beef started when a friend of 50 robbed Ja Rule's chain after a concert in a club in Atlanta,some months later 50 & his friend are chillin in the club,so Ja walked by,and he saw the dude who robbed him chillin with 50,so he felt disrespected by 50 Cent.
Ja even gave 50 a watch for him to return the stolen chain.
50 talks about in ''Back Down''
*Youza poptart sweetheart, you soft in the middle
I eatcha for breakfast, the watch was an exchange for your necklace*

08-10-2005, 05:20 PM         #664
Haissem 
 GR2004 said
No,the beef started when a friend of 50 robbed Ja Rule's chain after a concert in a club in Atlanta,some months later 50 & his friend are chillin in the club,so Ja walked by,and he saw the dude who robbed him chillin with 50,so he felt disrespected by 50 Cent.
Ja even gave 50 a watch for him to return the stolen chain.
50 talks about in ''Back Down''
*Youza poptart sweetheart, you soft in the middle
I eatcha for breakfast, the watch was an exchange for your necklace*
Nah the that was after the video beef. Ja rule did a video in 50's hood and 50 went up to ja to give him a pound and ja rule walked away. From there 50 felt like he got dissed then thats when all the other drama in the club started. They had a 1 and 30 min show about the beef on showtime. I really think the beef was from ja rule being cool with surpreme and 50 cent having beef with him.

08-10-2005, 05:25 PM         #665
Haissem 
 REAL_NESS said
Quick facts...

Jermaine Dupri used to be a back-up dancer
lol he was in the whodini video dancing. He was like 11 years old.

08-10-2005, 05:31 PM         #666
GR2004 
no,the video sh1t was after.
That was when Ja became famous,they shot ''Murda 4 Life''
but the club sh1t was when Ja performed with Jay-Z (Ja Rule wasn't famous back then)

08-10-2005, 05:33 PM         #667
DarkAbyss 
almost 2 hours reading this thread
damn

08-10-2005, 05:41 PM         #668
Haissem 
Few facts i heard about not sure if they real

- Loaded Lux Brother robed Murder Mook and his brother after hearing mook was talking sh1t about loaded lux around harlem saying " he won the smack battle".

- Jay-z is cory gunz god father.

-Peter Gunz caught 3 bodies 2 years ago in the bronx

- a former friend of eminem in highschool claims em was a little raciest towars blacks and hispanics for how they treated him.

- Cam'ron once weighted 340 cause he went into a lil depression for getting dropped. The he got a ulcer or a somthing which made him drop alot of weight later he signed to rocafella.

19 years ago '05        #669
Santoro 
- 50 Cent Gives Away Who Shot Pac In The ny studio in his song many men
The feds didn't know much, when Pac got shot
I got a kite from the pens that told me, Tuck got knocked
I ain't gonna spell it out for you motherfu#kers all the time
Are you illiterate n1gga? You can't read between the lines

08-10-2005, 06:35 PM         #670
Haissem 
a few more i remembered

- R.Kelly is a black p Stone ( a blood set)

- Nas cuzin is a well know crip in nyc who has status

- Nas did a song with 50 cent 3 1/2 years ago and nas helped 50 write his verse

- Chris Webber is a Secret Producer. He does alot of beats for rappers and other artist but goes under a other name. Makes you wonder.

- Jim Jones Broke his arm in a fight with a rapper few years back. The rapper said that jim jones needs to fix his hair up. <<< im not sure if this is true but i read it in a interview a while back

19 years ago '05        #671
Santoro 
no,the video sh1t was after.
That was when Ja became famous,they shot ''Murda 4 Life''
but the club sh1t was when Ja performed with Jay-Z (Ja Rule wasn't famous back then)
You're wrong man. I read that sh1t myself. And why the hell would 50 go up and try to dap him if he knew Ja thought his mans took his j3werly. Makes no sense....

-Del The Funkee Homosapien is Ice Cubes Cousin.
-Ski1lz ghostwrites for fu#king everyone.
-If Styles P is so hard then why has he gotten his a$s beat like 5 times by different rappers and done nothing?
-Jay-Z never got slapped by Juelz or Jim Jones

Does anyone know what Solider Slim got ki1led over?
Why are Slim Thug & Lil Flip Beefin?
What happened between Paul Wall Chamillioniare?

Last edited by Santoro; 08-10-2005 at 07:27 PM..

19 years ago '05        #672
yujiro1982 
Props total: 13 13  Slaps total: 7 7
i heard rumors that 50 brought a groupie to his hotel. he banged her so hard the next day she had to get stitches for her v@gina.

don't know if it's true or not, but i heard it on hot 97

08-10-2005, 09:58 PM         #673
Haissem 
50 facts lol

- 50 cent was shot at 9 times but only got hit 3 times << this is true i know that

- 50 cent never really held sh1t down in queens he only sold drugs.<< if you think about it its true

- Surpreme one time slaped 50 infront of his building for fu#king up some sales. <<< i dont know about this one i just heard it.

- 50 cent got kicked out his high school for selling drugs

other facts

- Cory Gunz ghost vote that verse for shaq dissin ski1lz. Cory did it for the shaq money.

- 2pac almost shot some young kids in his house with a M-16 .lol i saw this on a dvd

- Saigon been in and out of jail mostly his whole life.

- Ghost Face fu#ked up mase for talking sh1t

- Cam'ron and lil cease had a one on one fight in bad boy offices.

- Cam'ron is half black and half Panamanian

- Cam'ron owned a liquir store with his mother

- Cam'ron went to texas state college to play basket ball. Him and mase dreamed to make it into the nba.

-Murder Mook was a star high school player who had a scholarship before getting into rap.

19 years ago '05        #674
Santoro 
- 50 cent never really held sh1t down in queens he only sold drugs.<< if you think about it its true
Actually he did. He still has ki1lers in Queens. And he held sh1t down. He was no Supreme tho.....

08-11-2005, 09:42 AM         #675
 Haissem said
Few facts i heard about not sure if they real
- Jay-z is cory gunz god father.
on corey gunz mixtape cd "the apprentice vol.2"

in the opening skit many celeberties leave messages on corey's answer machine

which include shaq

shaq says "corey this your godfather diesel"

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up