Nas' "Life Is Good" Proves Jay-Z Right?

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
169 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
101 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #141
ChickBoss414 27 heat pts27
space
space
$1,547 | Props total: 318 318
 Hovi Bryant said:
You know, I think I'm getting what you're saying now.

Gowing up, I listend to a lot of Nas and alternative artists in contrast some of the mainstream for what may just be your very point. I never realized that until now.

My grades weren't really spectacular at the time, and I didn't really care about school too much. However songs like Black Girl Lost, I Want to Talk to You, and Rule stuck with me for their messages. Factually, Nas may have been wrong, but nonetheless he did help provide some awareness for things in the world outside of my own world, things I would eventually see.

In contrast to educated Black professors and similar minds, artists such as Nas is a better alternative in terms of articulating our problems within society to our youth.

Hip-Hop needs that, and in that respect I can see how some can appreciate Untitled for what it is as an album. However, my beef is the general execution of it all. Maybe because I decided to read more books, improve my grades, and stay in school?

I just see Hip-Hop in this form as a stepping stone for something much greater. I guess Nas' albums such as Untitled or some of his songs are just means to an end. I believe some just listen to these artists and don't go any further than that. Somehow, this can be counter-productive.

Thank you for that self-analysis and being receptive. Thats why I (selectively) try to get into these types of discussions. We all learn from each other...
 5 years ago '09        #142
Vos 2 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 0 0
 Jaymalls said:
God Son
Streets Diciple
Hip Hop Is Dead
Nastradamus
I Am...
Untitled
Distant Relatives

We're all mediocre albums, but I still don't agree with the initial statement by Jay-Z... It Was Written was flames, so that would make that bar null an void!
God's Son is a great album. and Hip Hop Is Dead is a classic. I'm not a big fan of the rest though...
 5 years ago '11        #143
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 thegoldenhero said:
You knew what you was doing when you started this thread...a stan war
 5 years ago '10        #144
Hovi Bryant 676 heat pts676
space
space
$30,730 | Props total: 19626 19626
 ChickBoss414 said:

Thank you for that self-analysis and being receptive. Thats why I (selectively) try to get into these types of discussions. We all learn from each other...
It's crazy, your post has blown my mind. I would have never imagined anyone on Boxden to do that for the very same reasons.

My entire perspective on Hip-Hop just changed dramatically today.
 5 years ago '04        #145
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
 Hovi Bryant said:
It's crazy, your post has blown my mind. I would have never imagined anyone on Boxden to do that for the very same reasons.

My entire perspective on Hip-Hop just changed dramatically today.
I stand corrected. I think you get it now.
 5 years ago '10        #146
space
space
 King856 said:
you can change your name but you choose to ride the next mans d!ck

what did I lose? and please dont say the typical response life because you dont know me
You lost all sense of comprehension to your sense of pride some time ago.
 5 years ago '10        #147
space
space
 Real said:
I stand corrected. I think you get it now.
I think you've been an annoying little bi*ch the entire thread. All you did was ride other's opinions the ENTIRE thread with meaningless co-signs. Then somehow attempt to relay that a non-existant punctual/grammatical rule has some relation to the conversation. Now this. You're truly pathetic.
 5 years ago '10        #148
space
space
 King856 said:
u didnt know I existed before today, how do you know I had a sense of pride?

please tell me more of what you think you know.

HOVI's home
That's my honest opinion of what I think of you. Nothing more than what you said before that.

It's not like what I've said has gone unfounded. The definitions for ignorant, fool, idiot, and stupidity can all be related to almost all of your posts in this thread.

Though, you may be better than that. There's a choice for all of your decisions, yet you chose the more deplorable options so far in this thread. I think it's unfortunate that I probably won't ever know any better.
 5 years ago '04        #149
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
I think you've been an annoying little bi*ch the entire thread. All you did was ride other's opinions the ENTIRE thread with meaningless co-signs. Then somehow attempt to relay that a non-existant punctual/grammatical rule has some relation to the conversation. Now this. You're truly pathetic.
So it really went over your head like that? You can't see at all how my point pertained to what you had to say about Nas not being "educated" enough to raise awareness in people? Wow, Ok. Life is good my dude, I'm done with you.
 5 years ago '10        #150
space
space
 Real said:
So it really went over your head like that? You can't see at all how my point pertained to what you had to say about Nas not being "educated" enough to raise awareness in people? Wow, Ok. Life is good my dude, I'm done with you.
Stop with that cop-out. You speak respectfully to me in plain terms, and you'll get the same in return. You want to act stupid and childish like you're doing now, you can expect to be treated as such.

You're a fool and probably a coward as well.
 5 years ago '04        #151
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 Hovi Bryant said:
Stop with that cop-out. You speak respectfully to me in plain terms, and you'll get the same in return. You want to act stupid and childish like you're doing now, you can expect to be treated as such.

You're a fool and probably a coward as well.
You're a funny a.ss character man, I'll give you that.
 5 years ago '10        #152
space
space
 King856 said:
no you probably won't Hovi
Just know that I was being generous.
 5 years ago '09        #153
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,205 | Props total: 19302 19302
so yall n*ggas not gonna let this thread die huh
 07-12-2012, 09:32 PM         #154
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CTre said:
lol I thought everybody liked Untitled more than Hip Hop Is Dead.. I Know I did.. We're not alone is one of my favorite Nas' songs and I still listen to Untitled. it's been a while since I listened to Hip Hop is Dead besides Money over Bullsh*t because it sounds good in the car.
Untitled and Gods Son are def up there on my Nasir favorites. Distant Relatives I still listen to "Friends" "Patience" and a few others but its hard for me to place that album.
One of my favorite Nas beats of all time
 07-12-2012, 09:40 PM         #155
Francis Schilke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

His last solo was fire tho, same with God's Son. Nas got one of the most diverse discographies of all time
 5 years ago '04        #156
Young Professa 11 heat pts11
space
space
$15,170 | Props total: 5427 5427
 hollabizak said:
I highly doubted
1)Tupac
2)Ice Cube
3)Biggie
4)Eminem
5)Rakim
no nas..........??????

07-12-2012, 09:52 PM         #157
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Professa said:
no nas..........??????

The Yoda Come on Son is Classic.
 5 years ago '07        #158
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,575 | Props total: 1045 1045
nas makes 2 hots albums every ten year album. jay is wrong. iww and illmatic were classics
 5 years ago '10        #159
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,220 | Props total: 562 562
 Kadillac87 said:
Life Is Good is Nas' best work since Stillmatic. Stillmatic was released in 200

1 hot album every 10 year average?
I never agreed with the technical accuracy of that lin although I agree with the intent of the message Jay was trying to send. Today I dont think Jay has been proven correct either, at least from my perspective. From a sales perspective Jay has a point, Nas is not a first week monster, however I believe most his solos other than Untitled have been certified plat by the RIAA. Untitled is Gold I think and he basically called that on his song "Testify". He knew it would be an uncomfortable album for a lot of people. From a quality perspective I think its one of his best, and overall in terms of quality Streets Disciple and HHID were the weakest since 2001 and I still like those albums. Havent heard LIG yet, so I'll save judgement till a week from now.

Last edited by knowlege bass; 07-12-2012 at 11:05 PM..
 5 years ago '09        #160
YungPrinceNY 474 heat pts474
space
space
space
$6,244 | Props total: 621 621
 Hovi Bryant said:
It doesn't take him ten years though. I also have a gut feeling that Nas is clearly or arguably better than your top five.
 hollabizak said:
I highly doubted
1)Tupac
2)Ice Cube
3)Biggie

4)Eminem
5)Rakim
nas won smh at rakim at 5 u must be 18
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
9 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
9 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
69 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
63 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy