Bun B: Pimp C Told Jay Z The TV Ain't Got No Temperature, Jay Looked At Me And Said..

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 week ago '16        #101
Boogie1790  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 59524 59 K  Slaps total: 9418 9 K
 DaQCKing said
Same as it is now. They wouldve just called him a hating old head
I personally think they had to get rid of pimp to usher this generation in.

He had alot of pull in the south and was relentlessly calling everything out.

Alot of n*ggaz woulda took heed.

Aloy of dudes got in position through cosign

A n*gga like pimp will make u ashamed to stand with certain n*ggas for a bag

Now nobody who matter got heart to speak on it
+3   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '18        #102
classicrap1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 16694 16 K  Slaps total: 21218 21 K
 Stupendamatic said
Stuff like this is what I enjoy listening to.

One thing, he mentioned something about a song with Mariah being a single? I don’t remember that. I recall the first single being “Doing it again”. Maybe I misheard and he was talking about them testing it out as a single and it bricked.
yeah that n*gga is lying. jay-z ain't never had a single with mariah that brick or flopped.

I think he meant that swizz beatz the lox ruff ryders sounding joint.

youtube banned all jay-z albums cuts. its called the things that you do.

jay-z never made it a offical single or shot a video to it. it was a street single.

it got plenty of play on columbus ohio and columbus ga radio almost all day. espically on the mix shows saturday and sunday.

it was my top 5 swizz beatz productions.

soudn like some indian asian carttoon music. or american dragon ball z music.

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '18        #103
 JohnnyCage202 said
Tell us some more lies:

both three 6 mafia nad jay-z saved ugk careers. lets be honest nobody was really messing with ugk like that not even in the south. they were more mixtape or hood famous.

three 6 mafia and jay-z put ugk as mainstream and that made there albums go gold and platium.

1 week ago '05        #104
JohnnyCage202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 82629 82 K  Slaps total: 3609 3 K
 classicrap1 said
both three 6 mafia nad jay-z saved ugk careers. lets be honest nobody was really messing with ugk like that not even in the south. they were more mixtape or hood famous.

three 6 mafia and jay-z put ugk as mainstream and that made there albums go gold and platium.

+7   

1 week ago '04        #105
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 26540 26 K  Slaps total: 4073 4 K
 Speedy ClapSon said
Jay saved their careers

Nobody cared about UGK in 2000
Foh...... wrong....
+1   

Top 10 most slapped recently  1 week ago '18        #106
 drnarcisse said

i played this sh*t for a year straight non stop. all the way up in Toronto. such a classic

“and the females don’t respect you ‘cause you act like them” ——> half of boxden
man i never seen nobody sample that before. that was awsome. i wish he would of kept the sample instead of putting those keyboard guatari during the chrous.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #107
Steve Gee97  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 21999 21 K  Slaps total: 3137 3 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said
i really don’t want to speak for a dead man that i never knew but i don’t think the UGK brand would have gone anywhere. yes, Pimp was a hothead but at the end of the day he was also the voice of reason. Knockin Doors Down caused several people to reach out to each other so i don’t him ever saying fu*k Bun like that. i know that they weren’t the closest but i know they had a lot of deep issues they had already worked through…….
Pimp and Bun got along with each other and kept their arguments in house... I don't care what these hanger ons got to say. Bun and Pimp helped open the doors for the South.

I doubt Bun would diss Pimp like Hav did to Prodigy.

It broke my heart to see those dissing each other. Thank God, Pimp and Bun sat down like men and didn't resort to diss tracks. It would have made me cry.

UGK would have been setting a example for the younger generation. I could have saw Pimp tell MO3 to focus on music while telling Yella Beezy to do the same. Bun is still Bun k*lling a verse when he's called.

Bun B is like the Southern Jadakiss.

Albums are meh but he can spit a nice 16 when available.
+5   

1 week ago '18        #108
 Boogie1790 said
I personally think they had to get rid of pimp to usher this generation in.

He had alot of pull in the south and was relentlessly calling everything out.

Alot of n*ggaz woulda took heed.

Aloy of dudes got in position through cosign

A n*gga like pimp will make u ashamed to stand with certain n*ggas for a bag

Now nobody who matter got heart to speak on it
That's very true...

Pimp was going hard about the DL activity in Hip Hop. He wasn't down with that.

I could see Pimp commemorating cats like Frank Ocean for being true about what they was doin. Cats like Lil Nas X would have gotten the side eye for playing both sides basically poisoning the pu**y population.

Boosie gets his morals from Pimp. Pimp also wouldn't have been down with Wade and Gabby having their son be a woman. A dude might fall love and get his first piece of fresh scented pu**y.
+1   

1 week ago '18        #109
 halftime said
pimp c whole career is based on him not wanting to song with jayz only to do a song with jayz. he should’ve gotten three six mafia instead.
Not really...

Pimp didn't wanna work with Jay-Z because of his spiritual relationship with Pac.

Too Short said in that BET clip that anyone who had beef with Pac wasn't never gonna be Pimp's friend.

Jay-Z working with Three 6?? Never gonna happen. Project Pat didn't even like Jay-Z like that.

Like Gucci Mane, Pat wasn't on the Jay-Z bandwagon like that
+1   

1 week ago '15        #110
isthistobe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 63783 63 K  Slaps total: 8101 8 K
That supreme new era clean anyone cop those?
+1   

1 week ago '06        #111
drunkenmasta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 4558 4 K  Slaps total: 2021 2 K
No time stamp? Slapped hard

1 week ago '16        #112
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 50488 50 K  Slaps total: 2898 2 K
 Steve Gee97 said
Pimp and Bun got along with each other and kept their arguments in house... I don't care what these hanger ons got to say. Bun and Pimp helped open the doors for the South.

I doubt Bun would diss Pimp like Hav did to Prodigy.

It broke my heart to see those dissing each other. Thank God, Pimp and Bun sat down like men and didn't resort to diss tracks. It would have made me cry.

UGK would have been setting a example for the younger generation. I could have saw Pimp tell MO3 to focus on music while telling Yella Beezy to do the same. Bun is still Bun k*lling a verse when he's called.

Bun B is like the Southern Jadakiss.

Albums are meh but he can spit a nice 16 when available.
they definitely weren’t like some make them out to be, they were most definitely cool, they weren’t best friends and they definitely had their differences(Pimps prison letters touch on some of it) but as far as UGK went there was no splitting up…….

1 week ago '11        #113
ChickBoss414 
Props total: 1132 1 K  Slaps total: 75 75

ALWAYS put some speck on these dudes name.... I lived in Michigan and Wisconsin and we always was aware of what UGK was about...been jammin screw too (if you understood the wave back then)

Jay- Z was/is a phenomenal wave rider...strategic and sly.. he knew how to position himself to keep his name in peoples mouths (No Limit / Cash Money/ Rap-A-Lot/ Ruff Ryders..) and convince a lot of those that didn't go through that experience of his early career how "great" he was (or seemingly wants to convince you he was at that time) These dudes werent looking for Jay.... It was Jay lookin for them cause the SOUTH emerged as the new EAST COAST ... If you listened to more of these type of stories you get one resonating theme... "Oh, Jay (the East) know about us down here in the South and are reaching out to work with us?".... That New York bias is what helped develop the Southern ethic and movement...

UGK is one of a select few that actually went damn near GOLD on word of mouth with no video or press...just one lousy commercial in my region that came on The B.O.X music channel at that time... if you listened to "Too Hard to Swallow" and "Super Tight"...you were already funkin with them tho no question.... do some real history on that sh*t...Pimp and Bun (damn near) 2nd to none

Ridin’ Dirty was released on July 30, 1996. Despite scant marketing from Jive, zero music videos, and virtually nonexistent journalistic coverage, the album sold 67,200 copies in the first week, peaked at no. 15 on the Billboard 200, spent 13 weeks on the charts, and eventually went gold. Though far from a bicoastal success, Pimp C and Bun B realized their group name in Texas and throughout the South. Ridin’ Dirty made them Underground Kingz.

Last edited by ChickBoss414; 10-14-2021 at 12:02 AM..
+4   

1 week ago '18        #114
 smokeytheblunt2 said
they definitely weren’t like some make them out to be, they were most definitely cool, they weren’t best friends and they definitely had their differences(Pimps prison letters touch on some of it) but as far as UGK went there was no splitting up…….
Hell nah...

Pimp was emotional because Bun was around Jeezy.

As far as the letter went, while Pimp was locked down he had a right to be mad at his partner not seeing him but

Pimp being locked up was stupid. If Pimp had did his parole and handled his business, no one would have been suffering. Someone who cared about Pimp should have checked him about his drug use. Cocaine mixed with mental illnesses isn't a good combination.

Bun was out here holding it down, k*lling every verse and keeping Pimp C and UGK alive rather than wallow around guzzling Henny down the train tracks.

Pimp wasn't in his right mind. I also blame some of that on Jive.

Jive fucced UGK over. Dirty Money should have came around Summer 2000. Not Fall 2001 when the Nas vs Jay-Z beef was just brewing. That battle overshadowed everything. That, Ja Rule and Diddy running the airwaves.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #115
Ace dealer 
Props total: 37942 37 K  Slaps total: 2498 2 K
 smokeytheblunt2 said
Pimp would have been a highly regarded, outspoken legend who i’m sure would of have probably making music in some form and being one of the rarest kinds of living legends…….

and yeah, i’ll never forget the day he passed either, when my Twin(not literal Twin, figurative Twin) and i found out we looked at each other and we actually held back tears. him and i celebrated together the day Pimp got out, we listened to almost nothing but UGK on road trips from the time we were 16 up until we resigned from the road almost 20 years later and when he got home from being away Pimpalation had just came out and we listened to till 5 am in my car in my gf’s driveway so Pimp Chad was a huge part of everything we did…..so when we found out we drove straight to the tree stash and i got some percs and we smoked almost a half mourning his death. i had to take a p*ss test the next day for probation and then spent the next two days in county. had to break the news to everybody in there smh. see, in our county jail the bunks are scribbled with fu*king ABN lyrics so Pimps death hit them hard……

what a bullsh*t period of time…….

Damn fam…….

I feel u on that 100%
I had just got over some bullsh*t, then got the news…..my older cuz who originally put me on UGK as a youngin pulled up and poured up a big cup of act, and we blew big trees all day
+2   

1 week ago '10        #116
Ant McQueen 
Props total: 12963 12 K  Slaps total: 643 643
 kuul said
B high is that guy and got a super solid run of interviews going back some years now.
One of the best doing it. He gets his guests to open up without being intrusive, and he’s always prepared and well researched. Nothing but respect for the man.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #117
TheChosen1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 5996 5 K  Slaps total: 1719 1 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Still dnt care about them on the east coast.
Tbh ugk never gave a fu*k about wat the East ever cared about them. They were big in the south the music was never made for the east coast.
+1   

1 week ago '15        #118
Big pimpin was a big look for ugk but they weren’t the type of rappers to do the sh*t for fame. Ugk stayed pretty much underground until 2005-06 when Houston took over the rap game n pimp c got out of jail.

People can bring up jay z doin a favor n this n that man ugk never cared for or about what Jay z could offer them jay was just tryina ride the wave they had even tho it was on a way smaller level. Pimp never rocked wit jay like tht n he made it know to all his ppl even bun. So the hype or big momentum they got from big pimpin faded out fast u didn’t hear them on national radio again till what they’re last album when pimp was alive
+1   

1 week ago '15        #119
 Steve Gee97 said
Not really...

Pimp didn't wanna work with Jay-Z because of his spiritual relationship with Pac.

Too Short said in that BET clip that anyone who had beef with Pac wasn't never gonna be Pimp's friend.

Jay-Z working with Three 6?? Never gonna happen. Project Pat didn't even like Jay-Z like that.

Like Gucci Mane, Pat wasn't on the Jay-Z bandwagon like that
Facts pimp didn’t fu*k wit jay off the strength of Pac
+1   

1 week ago '07        #120
RubbahBandMayn 
Props total: 33702 33 K  Slaps total: 2196 2 K
B High stay with that heat

1 week ago '18        #121
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 58787 58 K  Slaps total: 20104 20 K
 TheChosen1 said
Tbh ugk never gave a fu*k about wat the East ever cared about them. They were big in the south the music was never made for the east coast.
They just local

1 week ago '17        #122
Smuttedkitty 
Props total: 1081 1 K  Slaps total: 94 94
 Ant O said
South always fu*ked with ugk. If anything jay gained a new demographic by riding ugk wave
Cali too both norcal and socal
+1   

1 week ago '17        #123
Smuttedkitty 
Props total: 1081 1 K  Slaps total: 94 94
 Detr0it said
Lmao he shaking his head in the background thinking about 401Ks and sh*t

She GOT AROUND got around, huh?
Aaron hall is the ray j of Gloria iykyk
+3   

1 week ago '04        #124
VictoryThagr8 
Props total: 8862 8 K  Slaps total: 1674 1 K
 Speedy ClapSon said
Jay saved their careers

Nobody cared about UGK in 2000
UGK was going gold with no major push and you think nobody cares about UGK in 2000. This during the height of Houston underground scene. Jay-Z got alot of southern fan base because of big pimping

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 10-14-2021 at 04:37 AM..
+2   

1 week ago '18        #125
 TheChosen1 said
Facts pimp didn’t fu*k wit jay off the strength of Pac
Yup.

Pac and UGK were gonna work with each other.

Imagine Pac over Pimp's harmonious production. It would have been classic

Pac would have been rapping with Master P over BBTP and he could have reunited with DJ Daryl

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Article inside The 100 greatest TV series of the 21st Century
127 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+71online now  10
Video inside Gta trilogy trailer is here!
201 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
+119online now  8
Video inside How Popeyes REALLY Choose They Locationd
87 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  4
Video inside The Mom Of 18 Year Old Girl Deja Haugabook Who Married Her Godfather Is..
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy