Bun B: Pimp C Told Jay Z The TV Ain't Got No Temperature, Jay Looked At Me And Said..

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
102 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 week ago '08        #51
d3athb4dishonor 
Props total: 6702 6 K  Slaps total: 611 611
Best story of this collab is them n*ggas hanging up on Jay Z.

Last edited by d3athb4dishonor; 10-13-2021 at 10:42 PM..
+6   

1 week ago '21        #52
nodayzoffatl  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 21768 21 K  Slaps total: 2942 2 K
wow a video from 20 yrs ago

CLIFFS

1 week ago '13        #53
fit4thethrone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 8245 8 K  Slaps total: 982 982
Pimp C is a top 5 rapper off all time and I'll slap any n*ggas who disagrees

1 week ago '04        #54
biscuit 
Props total: 49781 49 K  Slaps total: 4424 4 K
 DaQCKing said
Maybe not on a national stage but UGK was huge in the south. Without Jay they would probably been more along the lines of 8ball and MJG. Don't sleep though. Jay used them to also raise his profile in the south.
Was huge in the Midwest too bruh.

Matter of fact, the only place they prolly wasn't huge was the east coast
+9   

1 week ago '20        #55
BradTheGreat23 
Props total: 1666 1 K  Slaps total: 253 253
 DaQCKing said
Maybe not on a national stage but UGK was huge in the south. Without Jay they would probably been more along the lines of 8ball and MJG. Don't sleep though. Jay used them to also raise his profile in the south.

Well, Jay did tried with Juvenile. Although Jay’s verse on Ha got more played on Hot 97 than I’m sure any radio station in the south.

But yeah, it helped Jay in the south. However, I feel that UGK benefited more because it elevated them outside of that regional fame into a more national level. Because I’ll be honest, prior to Big Pimpin I had no idea who UGK was. I thought Jay went down south and got some rookies.
+4   

1 week ago '16        #56
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 96415 96 K  Slaps total: 10889 10 K
 Thierry Henry said
my co worker just put me on last month, real good interviews
Oh sh*t, you way behind. But yeah you can run thru all of southern culture.

1 week ago '17        #57
RayDonovan 
Props total: 3447 3 K  Slaps total: 325 325
 DaQCKing said
I aint know the west fu*ked with UGK like that
Yep esp after pocket fulla stones... one reason why the hughes bros put them on the menace soundtrack

Plus being on jive who had most of the bay signed up, they fu*ked with 40 heavy..
+6   

1 week ago '04        #58
Mr.Man 
Props total: 1571 1 K  Slaps total: 92 92
 Speedy ClapSon said
Jay saved their careers

Nobody cared about UGK in 2000
This record actually did help UGK career. If ya'll remember correctly they was stuck in a bad situation at Jive. That's why after Ridin dirty (1996) we didn't get another record until 2001. Big pimpin got the ball rolling for them again.
+5   

1 week ago '06        #59
Badnewz100  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 106497 106 K  Slaps total: 1549 1 K
 Aztec King said
jayz had to add another verse to the song, after he heard how UGK r*ped that big pimpin track and outshined him.

Meant to prop.
+2   

1 week ago '08        #60
halftime 
Props total: 16650 16 K  Slaps total: 2004 2 K
pimp c whole career is based on him not wanting to song with jayz only to do a song with jayz. he should’ve gotten three six mafia instead.

1 week ago '19        #61
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15915 15 K  Slaps total: 2956 2 K
 Stupendamatic said
Stuff like this is what I enjoy listening to.

One thing, he mentioned something about a song with Mariah being a single? I don’t remember that. I recall the first single being “Doing it again”. Maybe I misheard and he was talking about them testing it out as a single and it bricked.
The Mariah song was the second single and Big Pimpin was the third. Bun probably doesn’t remember Do It Again because it wasn’t successful either.
+3   

1 week ago '13        #62
jaytxxl 
Props total: 11026 11 K  Slaps total: 466 466
 gimmethat said
everytime i hear the story ,they up up the fact that they did jay a big big favor
next time bun will be saying Hov begged them to do the song
You gon have to put yourself in a time capsule for the year 2000. Realize that rap is universal but the musics was still regional where you still knew where a rapper was from based on his cadence, subject matter, slang etc… Jay Z was a God MC but he wasn’t all that in the south in 2000.. That big pimpin record gave him the track he needed for southern fans to check him out..
+11   

1 week ago '12        #63
Donutburger 
Props total: 207 207  Slaps total: 9 9
 Rugby Jones said
Pimp C defied the laws of physics
by keeping at liter in his cup...
He said "Keepin Lean up in my cup" but that sh*t still hilarious.
+4   

1 week ago '05        #64
SeanP3688 
Props total: 2602 2 K  Slaps total: 174 174
 Rugby Jones said
Pimp C defied the laws of physics
by keeping at liter in his cup...

Its "keep that -lean- off n my cup.."
+4   

1 week ago '19        #65
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 83845 83 K  Slaps total: 12650 12 K
 fit4thethrone said
Pimp C is a top 5 rapper off all time and I'll slap any n*ggas who disagrees
They dont even know the half. Solo and group material. Top 5 cemented
+5   

1 week ago '17        #66
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 86756 86 K  Slaps total: 25402 25 K
 Txheat said
I wonder what the game would’ve been like if Pimp C was still around.
What did he really change when he was around?

He spoke his mind, but these young n*ggas wouldn’t care bout that. He didn’t have a huge presence in music on a mainstream level,

He didn’t set trends or cause changes like Jay did. Jay made n*ggas stop rappin bout poppin Cris’. Made n*ggas start wearing button ups.. and ditch the jerseys… I think the only thing pimp woulda changed was Boosie and Webbies relationship

Last edited by PackerTrelli3; 10-13-2021 at 08:40 PM..
+5   

1 week ago '19        #67
Anomic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 83845 83 K  Slaps total: 12650 12 K
 RunupaCheck said

Bun aint do that sh*t. It was Pimp's manager Rick Martin. He's dead now tho so it is what it is

1 week ago '17        #68
PackerTrelli3  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 86756 86 K  Slaps total: 25402 25 K

Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts
Big belts

+1   

1 week ago '21        #69
BBS Vet 22 
Props total: 17 17  Slaps total: 0 0
 Bateman said
Legit never thought about the fact this n*gga was wearing a mink on a hot a*s beach
I had just been in Trinidad months before this video and felt like I could barely exist without a fan on me. I was watching this thinking that there's no way he's in Trinidad with that fur on. Now seeing he was in Miami, which isn't any better.
+2   

1 week ago '19        #70
Jadedkiss 
Props total: 11208 11 K  Slaps total: 525 525
 Stupendamatic said
Stuff like this is what I enjoy listening to.

One thing, he mentioned something about a song with Mariah being a single? I don’t remember that. I recall the first single being “Doing it again”. Maybe I misheard and he was talking about them testing it out as a single and it bricked.
It’s probably this one.

+10   

1 week ago '16        #71
Djackso2 
Props total: 2579 2 K  Slaps total: 470 470
 BradTheGreat23 said
Well, Jay did tried with Juvenile. Although Jay’s verse on Ha got more played on Hot 97 than I’m sure any radio station in the south.

But yeah, it helped Jay in the south. However, I feel that UGK benefited more because it elevated them outside of that regional fame into a more national level. Because I’ll be honest, prior to Big Pimpin I had no idea who UGK was. I thought Jay went down south and got some rookies.
I agree. Jay has the weakest verse. UGK made it their record.
+3   

1 week ago '04        #72
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 37527 37 K  Slaps total: 8669 8 K
 BradTheGreat23 said

That was one of his worst verses ever. fu*king terrible.
+2   

1 week ago '21        #73
BBS Vet 22 
Props total: 17 17  Slaps total: 0 0
 jaytxxl said
You gon have to put yourself in a time capsule for the year 2000. Realize that rap is universal but the musics was still regional where you still knew where a rapper was from based on his cadence, subject matter, slang etc… Jay Z was a God MC but he wasn’t all that in the south in 2000.. That big pimpin record gave him the track he needed for southern fans to check him out..
In 1999, I had to move to Richmond Va from the Bronx for a couple years and that was a cool experience since it was a place where you really felt the culture clash and mesh. Three 6, Cash Money, Dungeon Family, etc, were hitting as hard there as Jay-Z , Nas, Ruff Ryders, and I knew kids at school that went deep in either direction.

Songs like Do It Again, Big Pimpin, Da Rockwilder and Quiet Storm Remix were hitting at the parties and school dances like Back Sat a*s Up or I Need a Hot Girl or So Fresh and So Clean or whatever else. That was a fun a*s time.
+10   

1 week ago '04        #74
ILLUSHUN 
Props total: 2688 2 K  Slaps total: 249 249
Never again, just happy I got to witness

+1   

1 week ago '20        #75
Ray Quan Deshef 
Props total: 3271 3 K  Slaps total: 223 223
 Souloh said
The Mariah song was the second single and Big Pimpin was the third. Bun probably doesn’t remember Do It Again because it wasn’t successful either.
Fml I had three cuts in my eyebrow

Tryin to wild out
+4   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  11
Oct 21 - Wanted: 80,000 truck drivers to help fix the supply chain
129 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+114online now  10
Video inside How Popeyes REALLY Choose They Locationd
86 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  7
Lil Durk basically has a song detailing the murder of FBG Duck
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  5
Video inside The Mom Of 18 Year Old Girl Deja Haugabook Who Married Her Godfather Is..
27 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy