Alot of people on the Internet be having Andre 3000 in their Top MC list

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT
most viewed right now
106 replies  @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

2 weeks ago '05        #26
rashcobar 
Props total: 15445 15 K  Slaps total: 2580 2 K
You haven't heard enough outkast to rate big boi why don't you shut the fu*k up until you have then?
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #27
rashcobar 
Props total: 15445 15 K  Slaps total: 2580 2 K
Andre is a dope rapper... Outkast one of the best music groups ever along with de la, wu tang and tribe etc imho.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #28
Thats Kray  OP
Props total: 3237 3 K  Slaps total: 591 591
 rashcobar said
You haven't heard enough outkast to rate big boi why don't you shut the fu*k up until you have then?
that's why im asking BX

2 weeks ago '21        #29
Still2Highh 
Props total: 11813 11 K  Slaps total: 2256 2 K
 Thats Kray said
Do you think Big Boi trash though? where you rank him if Andre 3000 is in ya top list?

is that even possible to have rapper in ya top 10 without a album?
Naw I could never say big boi trash.. he always held his own as a rapper.. he aint in my top 10 tho..

Cause the way andre put his words together and could paint a picture wit the details.. was just on another level compared to big boi...

he was always like a down south Nas to me... and really was the first rapper from the south imo that proved to the mainstream they had lyricists.

And yea.. its possible to have a rapper witout a solo album in my top 10 .. I always been more concerned wit consistency n quality before quantity..

A rapper could have 5 albums.. but if Im skippin thru 75% of the tracks on em.. what does it matter?

Like I said.. k*lla Sin in my top 10 witout a solo.. cause every verse he spit on a k*llarmy track.. or feature on other artists albums.. he just go into his own world n imo outshine everyone.. even the vets..

Perfect example.. skip to 2:41 ..

That rapid fire flow.. mixed wit the lyricism n the slick a*s way he put it all together..to make it seem effortless.. u get that from him no matter what track he on.

I don't need a solo album to tell me as a MC he special.. or give him that spot.

Last edited by Still2Highh; 10-12-2021 at 03:08 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #30
Thats Kray  OP
 Still2Highh said
Naw I could never say big boi trash.. he always held his own as a rapper.. he aint in my top 10 tho..

Cause the way andre put his words together and could paint a picture wit the details.. was just on another level compared to big boi...

he was always like a down south Nas to me... and really was the first rapper from the south imo that proved to the mainstream they had lyricists.

And yea.. its possible to have a rapper witout a solo album in my top 10 .. I always been more concerned wit consistency n quality before quantity..

A rapper could have 5 albums.. but if Im skippin thru 75% of the tracks on em.. what does it matter?

Like I said.. k*lla Sin in my top 10 witout a solo.. cause every verse he spit on a k*llarmy track.. or feature on other Wu artists albums.. he just go into his own world n imo outshine everyone.. even the vets..

Perfect example.. skip to 2:41 ..

That rapid fire flow.. mixed wit the lyricism n the slick a*s way he put it all together..to make it seem effortless.. u get that from him no matter what track he on.

I don't need a solo album to tell me as a MC he special.. or give him that spot.

well put

But you know most of BX ain't gonna agree with you on how a rapper without a solo should be in some ones top 10 or you woulda got more co-signs

i skipped to the flow.. it's dope but you got classics out there like

Reasonable Doubt
Illmatic
Ready To Die
Let's Get It Thug Motivation 101
Makeveli
Food & Liquor

these are gems that make single verses forgotten
i think people want a body of work like those mentioned above showing a rapper can put together a great cohesion of work

Last edited by Thats Kray; 10-12-2021 at 03:24 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '21        #31
Still2Highh 
 Thats Kray said
well put

But you know most of BX ain't gonna agree with you on how a rapper without a solo should be in some ones top 10 or you woulda got more co-signs

i skipped to the flow.. it's dope but you got classics out there like

Reasonable Doubt
Illmatic
Ready To Die
Let's Get It Thug Motivation 101
Makeveli
Food & Liquor

these are gems that make single verses forgotten
i think people want a body of work like those mentioned above showing a rapper can put together a great cohesion of work

I hear u..

But personally.. IDGAF how NOBODY on Bx feel about MY TOP 10 tho lol

I been a student of the game since the 90s. I didnt give af about sports when I was young.. the rap game was my sport..so Im 1000% comfortable wit my choices n reasoning behind em.

A rapper skill or raw talent not determined by how much material they put out...

Now if u wanna compare top 10 ARTISTS? That's a different story.. but even then.. Andre still got enough material for me..over the last 20+ yrs to give him that spot.

Last edited by Still2Highh; 10-12-2021 at 03:30 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '20        #32
blackpillblack 
Props total: 13206 13 K  Slaps total: 5902 5 K
Andre somewhere between number 35 and 75

He top 100.. he remind me of Kendrick Lamar lyrically -with a large heaping touch of ghostface babble. I’m Not much of a Kendrick fan either.

One day i decided to really listen to his bars.. and them sh*ts is literally 8 connected bars of goosey goo nursery rhyme babble with a sprinkle of superficial black struggle on top -just like Kendrick.

2 weeks ago '15        #33
acb814 
Props total: 2823 2 K  Slaps total: 254 254
You not a real fan of hip hop if you can’t see the lyrical genius of 3000 but claim you a fan of lyrics no matter where you from. I’ll put it like this rank Dre or OutKast where you want but I don’t ever remember any artist from any coast stepping to them n*ggas if anything all I’ve ever seen them get is love and respect amongst they peers no matter how weird Andre dressed or how hard they embraced the most country aspects of the south nobody ever tried them on them 16s.
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #34
Thats Kray  OP
 Still2Highh said
I hear u..

But personally.. IDGAF how NOBODY on Bx feel about MY TOP 10 tho lol

I been a student of the game since the 90s. I didnt give af about sports when I was young.. the rap game was my sport..so Im 1000% comfortable wit my choices n reasoning behind em.

A rapper skill or raw talent not determined by how much material they put out...

Now if u wanna compare top 10 ARTISTS? That's a different story.. but even then.. Andre still got enough material for me..over the last 20+ yrs to give him that spot.

A real student of the game huh ? no doubt !!!
so i can't really tell you nuthin because hip-hop and sports are both in my dna
i havent heard enough rap albums outside hov and nas
and i don't think BX can tell you anything these days neither with the quality of post i been reading

as for top ten artist that's tough for me to list but im interested in your top 10 if you can name em
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #35
Thats Kray  OP
 blackpillblack said
Andre somewhere between number 35 and 75

He top 100.. he remind me of Kendrick Lamar lyrically -with a large heaping touch of ghostface babble. I’m Not much of a Kendrick fan either.

One day i decided to really listen to his bars.. and them sh*ts is literally 8 connected bars of goosey goo nursery rhyme babble with a sprinkle of superficial black struggle on top -just like Kendrick.

i haven't got a chance to listen yet....

you think Kendrick >>>> Andre 3000 ?

would you categorized him as a lyricist after the listen?

acb814 said
You not a real fan of hip hop if you can’t see the lyrical genius of 3000 but claim you a fan of lyrics no matter where you from. I’ll put it like this rank Dre or OutKast where you want but I don’t ever remember any artist from any coast stepping to them n*ggas if anything all I’ve ever seen them get is love and respect amongst they peers no matter how weird Andre dressed or how hard they embraced the most country aspects of the south nobody ever tried them on them 16s.
lyricist?
the poster above said he spittin that nursery though..

2 weeks ago '15        #36
Thats Kray  OP
 S-Class said
Man I don’t ever wanna hear The Way You Move again
im not a fan of the song i just like that throwback video vixen Ki Toy Johnson
+1   

2 weeks ago '20        #37
blackpillblack 
Props total: 13206 13 K  Slaps total: 5902 5 K
 Thats Kray said

lyricist?
Yes I think Kenny better than 3k.. but go listen to 3k -he has his own style, i heard his entire small little catalog.. they are lyrical -but not even close to the greats.. bars are overrun with woven mother goose rhymes about slavery related sh*t thats been said 100,000 times -while using funny little voices

2 weeks ago '18        #38
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 91933 91 K  Slaps total: 9133 9 K
 Thats Kray said
im not a fan of the song i just like that throwback video vixen Ki Toy Johnson
It’s a decent song I just remember they played the fu*k out of it
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #39
Thats Kray  OP
 S-Class said
It’s a decent song I just remember they played the fu*k out of it
i know the video got played alot though

2 weeks ago '21        #40
Still2Highh 
 Thats Kray said
A real student of the game huh ? no doubt !!!
so i can't really tell you nuthin because hip-hop and sports are both in my dna
i havent heard enough rap albums outside hov and nas
and i don't think BX can tell you anything these days neither with the quality of post i been reading

as for top ten artist that's tough for me to list but im interested in your top 10 if you can name em
Gotchu .. Ill edit this post later wit the top 10
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #41
Thats Kray  OP
 blackpillblack said
Yes I think Kenny better than 3k.. but go listen to 3k -he has his own style, i heard his entire small little catalog.. they are lyrical -but not even close to the greats.. bars are overrun with woven mother goose rhymes about slavery related sh*t thats been said 100,000 times -while using funny little voices
I ain't gonna rank Andre 3000 till i hear him myself

2 weeks ago '18        #42
S-Class  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 91933 91 K  Slaps total: 9133 9 K
 Thats Kray said
i know the video got played alot though
That too .
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #43
acb814 
 Thats Kray said

lyricist?
No need to debate OutKast has at least 4 classic albums and as I’ve said they’re obviously highly respected amongst industry peers and to me that carries a lot of weight but if that’s dudes opinion of which I’m pretty sure he’s in the minority at least in the real world but he has the right to hear it the way he hear it.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #44
CrossRoads99 
Props total: 4303 4 K  Slaps total: 503 503
I have no problem with anyone's top 10 list... Because it's their top 10. Music hits people in different ways and some artists people will connect with more then others. Krayzie bone is one of my favorite artists of all time and most people wouldn't know who that was in today's world but it didn't change anything for me and I'm happy when I can introduce people to bone.

1 week ago '15        #45
Thats Kray  OP
 acb814 said
No need to debate OutKast has at least 4 classic albums and as I’ve said they’re obviously highly respected amongst industry peers and to me that carries a lot of weight but if that’s dudes opinion of which I’m pretty sure he’s in the minority at least in the real world but he has the right to hear it the way he hear it.
4 classics?

that would make them the best group of all time

1 week ago '15        #46
acb814 
 Thats Kray said
4 classics?

that would make them the best group of all time
Many would argue they are. Some would say 5 classics if you count speakerboxx/love below album but most hip hop heads I’ve been around in real life no matter where they was from consider southernplaylistic, atliens, aquemini and stankonia classics.
+1   

1 week ago '11        #47
Blue Dream 
Props total: 1668 1 K  Slaps total: 128 128
Tumblr
Iykyk

1 week ago '15        #48
Thats Kray  OP
 acb814 said
Many would argue they are. Some would say 5 classics if you count speakerboxx/love below album but most hip hop heads I’ve been around in real life no matter where they was from consider southernplaylistic, atliens, aquemini and stankonia classics.
imma give them a listen because i never heard those albums i just heard of them
+2   

1 week ago '14        #49
Gordon Gartrell 
Props total: 57103 57 K  Slaps total: 5668 5 K
y'all be talking about 3000 not having a solo album like rappers wouldn't sell their soul to drop something as good as the love below

1 week ago '12        #50
goodkidmadworld 
Props total: 15196 15 K  Slaps total: 841 841
Andre’s second verse on aquemini…..my God

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+117online now  15
Video inside How Popeyes REALLY Choose They Locationd
87 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+71online now  14
Video inside Gta trilogy trailer is here!
201 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  7
Lil Durk basically has a song detailing the murder of FBG Duck
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+41online now  5
Image(s) inside Pusha-T Says His New Album ‘1,000 Percent’ Tops ‘Daytona’