When you are used to Stick shift but drive Auto now

most viewed right now
-58  142
40 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '17        #1
1356 page views
14 comments

StanlitoTheFly 769 heat pts769
space
space
$5,460 | Props total: 17752 17752
When you are used to Stick shift but drive Auto now

+10   

best
worst
14 comments

2 weeks ago '04        #2
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$6,199 | Props total: 4457 4457
i feel him. not that i'd be doing that but i simply cannot pull the trigger on the new AMGs due to the fact that they are all column shifts. i know the amg gt aint but trading my sls for it never crossed my mind (altho im a firm believer that new is always better)

even the new g truck has a column shifter... i was disgusted upon my test drive. i dont need the cup holders just gimme back the stick!

2 weeks ago '15        #3
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,114 | Props total: 52046 52046
 xbossxplayax said
i feel him. not that i'd be doing that but i simply cannot pull the trigger on the new AMGs due to the fact that they are all column shifts. i know the amg gt aint but trading my sls for it never crossed my mind (altho im a firm believer that new is always better)

even the new g truck has a column shifter... i was disgusted upon my test drive. i dont need the cup holders just gimme back the stick!
Using an automatic transmission shifter in the console is not "driving stick".
+20   

2 weeks ago '04        #4
dude36732 
space
space
$1,760 | Props total: 348 348
I lost brain cells reading this first comment
+12   

2 weeks ago '15        #5
Teddy KGB 43 heat pts43
space
space
$16,114 | Props total: 52046 52046
 dude36732 said
I lost brain cells reading this first comment
I wonder if he really tells people he drives a stick shift.
+10   

2 weeks ago '04        #6
octane 
space
space
$5,199 | Props total: 2885 2885
 StanlitoTheFly said
No open container law? He might spill his beer.

2 weeks ago '17        #7
StanlitoTheFly 769 heat pts769 OP
space
space
$5,460 | Props total: 17752 17752
 octane said
No open container law? He might spill his beer.
Germany
+1   

1 week ago '04        #8
Duntaz 70 heat pts70
space
space
$17,974 | Props total: 15540 15540
 xbossxplayax said

what year sls do you have. How is the reliability and how frequent is maintenance or repairs? I'm interested in a cls and give mercedes a chance but I dont know how they compare to lexus.

1 week ago '17        #9
justin747 48 heat pts48
space
space
$13,741 | Props total: 67735 67735
Nah what happens when you go from manual to automatic is you CONSTANTLY try to press down on a clutch that doesn't exist.
+10   

1 week ago '18        #10
SFamilyRep 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,595 | Props total: 26819 26819
 justin747 said
Nah what happens when you go from manual to automatic is you CONSTANTLY try to press down on a clutch that doesn't exist.
This
+3   

1 week ago '04        #11
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$6,199 | Props total: 4457 4457
 Teddy KGB said
Using an automatic transmission shifter in the console is not "driving stick".
Right. Should have made it clear that i aint talm bout manual. Still my first and only experience with the column shifter was my parents old nissan quest besides the loaner s550 here and there so i just prefer somethin in the middle console even if its an electric shifter for an automatic tranny

Duntaz said
what year sls do you have. How is the reliability and how frequent is maintenance or repairs? I'm interested in a cls and give mercedes a chance but I dont know how they compare to lexus.
The sls is most certainly not something u need to take into consideration if you thinkin bout giving merc a chance for the first time. I dunno if youre considering w219 or w218 or even the latest third gen cls but sls and w219 63 amg shared the same engine base and that was pretty much where the similarity stops. U can google the m156 engine issues but by the time w219 63 amg rolled out the infamous head bolt issue was taken care of. Aint sayin that was the only issue but that was a major one. As far as w218 63 amg i think the m157 engine is pretty reliable and sounds the best in a cls at least compared to its sister vehicle the e63 or even the flagship in the s63 but maybe not as good as in a g wagen for which besides the slight turbo lag i am pretty happy with after everythings considered. The merc’s in-house tranny leaves quite a lot to be desired tho. At least they dont break down like the getrac dct found in the sls... as far as the maintenance goes nothing catastrophic happened yet knock on wood but i dont think theres anything out there thats even remotely comparable to lexus when it comes to reliability. I just follow the periodic (not based on mileage) fluids changes to the tee and thats it. No extra preventative fixes yet but i put on relatively small mileage per vehicle so that has somethin to do with it to a certain extent. The consumable parts may be more expensive than some other brands of course but these aint maseratis or ferraris... but if im just talm bout maintenance and reliability, i still miss my first car which was a lex
+1   

1 week ago '15        #12
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$11,770 | Props total: 31579 31579
I always wonder how many rappers try to rent a sports car and realize they have to choose a different one because they don’t know how to drive a manual.
+3   

4 days ago '10        #13
bencraige 
space
space
space
$45 | Props total: 29 29
If that mf shifted like that for real he wouldn’t have that shat for long. Mf’n azz would be flagging mf’s down for help.
+1   

2 days ago '17        #14
Harlequin 
space
space
$383 | Props total: 516 516
thinking about getting cool little manual transmission car to drive for fun. I learned to drive on a stick and my first car was a stick kinda wanna get back to the stick.

2 days ago '15        #15
AlmightySae 
space
space
$1,531 | Props total: 1870 1870
 justin747 said
When I hop into my girl’s car and drive it I always do this lol.
+1   

Home      

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  176
Jul 15 - Killer decapitated Instagram star “ex” 17, then shared photo of her b..
265 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+25online now  74
Good Googly Moogly...That Azz Is Juicy!!!
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+53online now  34
Image(s) inside Jul 15 - Jeff Goldblum says Area 51 #CantStopUsAll
66 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+39online now  13
Image(s) inside The Gamess royalties seized