J.R. Smith thinks that Lin's contract would cause problems in the Knicks locker room

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
139 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
34 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 07-16-2012, 01:16 PM         #101
Piccolo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:
^^^Exaaaaactly. For once this guy says something that makes sense lmao

All he said was that a other guys, excluding himself, might have an issue if this kid ends up overpaid. And im a Knicks fan....for 27 years strong I been a Knicks fan....I dont want Jeremy Lin making that kind of money for my team. Sure he came out and had some nice games, but then he got hurt and all that sh*t disappeared. Im more so happy we got Felton back...thats great work right there....

And lol at people saying 'hes gonna help ticket sales'....SINCE WHEN DID THE KNICKS EVER NEED ANY PLAYER TO HELP TICKET SALES. We're one of the few teams that are able to come close to selling out the house even during our worst seasons. The knicks ticket sales would remain high even if we lost an absurd amount of games. We dont need some flash in the pan hypebeast kid to help us with ticket sales

I say let the kid go. Im all about people getting paid, Landry went to Toronto and got that check, im happy for him....let Lin go to Houston and get his check.

I'm seeing Knicks fans in this thread talking about Lin, and our team being messed up when.....Our team being fu*ked up aint got sh*t to do with Lin....We're still in the sh*t(And will stay in it for a long a.ss time) because of the dumb a.ss Amare/Melo acquisitions.

This is why its funny how this thread is all about JR. End of the day that contract will handcuff a team when it comes to building a WINNIGN TEAM. This isnt yao ming here...they willl get to a point where a better pg is needed(rockets)

Knicks will still sell out seats..they can have a team full of andre millers and still sell out this asian market aint a big loss for the mecca.
 5 years ago '07        #102
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
 Johnny Tapwater said:
JR. Smith is only speaking for himself...

...THATS the n*gga that'll be jealous..
Most black men be jealous of others period.
 5 years ago '04        #103
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,119 | Props total: 4418 4418
in this world you dont get what u deserve, you get what you negotiate.

smith should only be mad at himself, lin didnt make smith sign a 6M contract
 5 years ago '09        #104
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,394 | Props total: 632 632
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
 5 years ago '11        #105
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,193 | Props total: 17569 17569
 HennyHeat said:
I completely understand where JR is coming from. Should he have said it? probably not

Is he right? Yes. Although that's what the market is asking of Lin and you can't be mad at Lin for taking the money

How is a player like JR supposed to feel when Lin is collectin 15 mill while he's eatin off a 2.8 mill plate.

Human nature will not allow people to just sit with that.

Do I want Lin yes. I definitely was 100% behind signing him back and am disgusted we are now on a Plan B option with Felton. But it is hard for even me to stomach him makin 15 million in a given year at this point in his career. That is absurd

The Rockets are clowns and I actually am upset with Lin if he pulled that Snake move

Hate to see him go but with the numbers being thrown out at what they are. Id be able to live with it. But will be extremely disappointed to see a young talent like Lin leave in this manner
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
 5 years ago '07        #106
MiseryCityTexas 19 heat pts19
space
space
space
$20,601 | Props total: 4206 4206
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a.ss Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a sh*t.
 5 years ago '04        #107
JDub916 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$462 | Props total: 4 4
 MemphBleek05 said:
Contracts aren't necessarily based on potential. It's other factors that go into that equation. Allow me to ask you this, let's say Lin becomes stagnant. He begins to play the way he played, once players got enough tape on him. If you're a GM, are you seriously okay with paying him $15 million? I'm not concerned about the Knicks botched negotiations, it's a known fact by now...#KnicksLost, it's what they do...this is strictly about that $15 million......
Is he worth it or not isnt the question for us to say honestly. The Rockets feel he is worth the deal based on the potential he showed in summer league and in his limited time with NY. The contract is completely based on the potential he can be a draw at the box office and he can continue to play well under a coach who will give him free reign similar to DAntoni.
 5 years ago '11        #108
space
space
 MiseryCityTexas said:
The Bulls are gonna match garbage a.ss Asik, which is the same damned contract, so why can't the Knicks match Lin's contract when with the big risks they are facing if they do match? Seems like the Bulls don't give a sh*t.
This proves that Houston was planning this all along. The same exact same backloaded contract to two players?
 5 years ago '09        #109
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:
he wont be making 15 a year in any season if he goes to the rockets. They are paying 8 flat all three years. Its' called the Gilbert Arenas Provision. That "snake" thing is just a lie from a reporter.
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
 5 years ago '11        #110
space
space
 HennyHeat said:
So would that be the contract the Knicks would have to match?

8 mil per? Still a lil hefty but definitely makes the cap more flexible in the 3rd year for other potential signings
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is fu*king over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
 5 years ago '09        #111
HennyHeat 6 heat pts
space
space
 X_WunderKind_X said:
nah my dude lol. The way its set up, the Rockets will pay the Avg amount of the offer, divided by the number of years, in this case 24/3 = 8 Mill a year.

However, the Knicks cannot offer a 1 or 2 yr player more than 5 Mill on the first two years, so if they match, they pay 5, 5, which is ten mill, and 14 is just the remaining difference from the 24 mill, because the 3rd and 4th year salaries are not restricted like the first two.

the CBA is fu*king over the matching team with the Arenas Provision, but it allows teams to still sign their players back even though they can only pay the 5 the first two years.
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid

Last edited by HennyHeat; 07-16-2012 at 02:53 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #112
space
space
 HennyHeat said:
I understand now

And it sounds like quite the idiotic provision.

"Ya you can match any contract. Except when you match it, you will be handicapping your Salaray Cap, while the team attempting to steal your player does not have that burden"

Stupid
yea. the reason they did that was because golden state, who had Arenas couldnt sign him even as an RFA because washington set an avg price above what they could pay. The business of sports gets dirty and they will do anything to exploit you.
 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM         #113
ralphmbrooklyn 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lots of new fans-- live
 5 years ago '05        #114
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
space
$22,085 | Props total: 4220 4220

[video - click to view]

pay this man... and give him more minutes, i need to see more sh*t like this
 5 years ago '09        #115
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,439 | Props total: 11269 11269
7 pages in and noone has said it yet???

knicks lost
 5 years ago '05        #116
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
 The N said:
Tell those Jealous dudes to get on TIME magazine and maybe they can get paid like him, help
put the Knicks in a position to get into the playoffs then you can get paid like him, have a community like Lin has behind you aka bring in ticket sales up and maybe ya can get paid like him.
This is the realest post in this thread......

Who the fu*k is a JR Smith,......besides a head case?

Wouldnt be surprised if Melo had something to do with this.....Lin stole his shine for alot of the year
 5 years ago '05        #117
FlamboyantOne 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,582 | Props total: 9 9
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
your an fu*king idiot sh*t has nothing to do with jealous lin has not proven anything to give him damn near 14 mill a year that heavy weight money . If u was a player like JR who been legit your whole career and u took a pay cut only getting 2.8 and u see Lin with fu*king 14 mill how would u feel. sh*t is base off pure hype how he went from almost cut to fu*king 14 mill per yet cmon fam

So.....his overwhelming fan base, ie ticket and JERSEY sales.......his fame and popularity......and the fact that HE was the initial reason that f*ggot team got in the playoffs.......shouldnt weigh in on a contract???? Are you fu*king retarded? I know for sure you aint no got damn agent. Smith just came from fu*king China......what that n*gga think he going to demand? Be happy with 2.8.........how much do you need, really?
 5 years ago '08        #118
Wh0disb3 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$255 | Props total: 32 32
they dont pay players just based on how their performance is on the court, theres more to it. its all business.
 5 years ago '12        #119
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,750 | Props total: 13117 13117

[pic - click to view]

(Couldn't resist)
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
73 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
161 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
24 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
57 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
71 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
73 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
116 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy