online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

The Official Fragrance Thread

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  3   1 bx goons and 2 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook
theboyflames

section gear

9 years ago '04        #2451
ddash 
Props total: 136252 136 K  Slaps total: 9651 9 K
 mikeydooodie said 🔗
so just went to lord and taylor and spent some time in the fragrance department and here are my thoughts

i smelled whatever tom fords they had in stock and the only one i really liked was grey vetiver and it was between that and sauvage so i sprayed myself and walked around with both scents and sauvage won so i got that

i smelled whatever theirry mulgers they had, coffee, wood and the original which i wore back in the day when it first came out and i still think that one smells the best.

i also checked out bulgari black and valentino uomo and i wasn't in love with either

but i feel smelling something on a card you don't get the full essence of the scent which is why I'm probably gonna sell some old bottles to decant shop and get a bunch of colognes.

but i do realize i want some parfum not toilettes bc the scent is stronger and lasts longer for a perfume right??
Yes and what the hell you doing buy real bottles from a store?
emoji

But anyway I wore CH For Men tonight and dont know what to say or think of it.Moral of the story this is why I buy 3ml samples of scents to test first.

This stuff aint bad smelling.
Smells like baby powder and leather.Kinda fruity at first but that goes away quick.This sh*t is so synthetic that I wouldnt and wont wear it much.I think women will like it but man this stuff seems on the cheap side.But then again I am spoiled by niche colognes.

This reminds me of La Nuit but not as good.But very very similar

I wouldnt buy and dont know if I can recommend.I say just get La Nuit but I def dont think this is terrible just to synthetic for me.

I say 6.5/10
Doesnt really last on my skin much either

Moral of the story fu*k this designer sh*t.Play me Some Pimpin and stick with Niche

9 years ago '11        #2452
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31890 31 K  Slaps total: 1445 1 K
I was rocking that Calvin Klein euphoria gold today and I got two compliments. Very underrated fragrance and deserves some attention. It's in the same category as the dior hommes and Valentino uomos. But it's a lil lighter and has a nice ginger smell to it. Basically it's eurphoria intense with cocoa and honey added

9 years ago '05        #2453
Big SpartacuS 
Props total: 1238 1 K  Slaps total: 40 40
Ok, so being completely honest, I'm not big on fragrances. I've two jobs, one where no one gives a fvck about what I look/smell like. And one where if I look/smell a certain way, there definitely will be something said.

Having established that, I understand what a good scent can do for a playa. Since this seems to be a thread of people who know what's what, I just need a little guidance.

It recently dawned on me that my current fragrance is running low and I'll need a new one. My current #1? Gucci Guilty for men. Yeah, it's been that long since I bought any smell good.

So reading through the last few pages, a few have jumped out at me? Obviously I'll still go to a counter and try and get samples and see for myself, but knowing what to ask for never hurt anyone. So my question is thoughts on the following:

VPH
Aventus
Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold

???

9 years ago '04        #2454
ddash 
 Big SpartacuS said 🔗
Ok, so being completely honest, I'm not big on fragrances. I've two jobs, one where no one gives a fvck about what I look/smell like. And one where if I look/smell a certain way, there definitely will be something said.

Having established that, I understand what a good scent can do for a playa. Since this seems to be a thread of people who know what's what, I just need a little guidance.

It recently dawned on me that my current fragrance is running low and I'll need a new one. My current #1? Gucci Guilty for men. Yeah, it's been that long since I bought any smell good.

So reading through the last few pages, a few have jumped out at me? Obviously I'll still go to a counter and try and get samples and see for myself, but knowing what to ask for never hurt anyone. So my question is thoughts on the following:

VPH
Aventus
Calvin Klein Euphoria Gold

???
Aventus is the top rated cologne in the world right now.VPH is my personal fav and a must have imo.Its only $31 too

I aint rocking CK colognes no more.To synthetic for me but maybe others can speak on it.

Go to macys and sephora and checkout

VPH
Blue De Chanel
Dior Homme
Dior Homme Intense 2
Pure Malt
Polo Red
YSL L homme
YSL La Nuit
Issey Miyake
Gucci Pour Homme
Spice Bomb
Versace Man

If you like any do not buy them at the store.Go to fragrance.net and buy there.

Last edited by ddash; 10-17-2015 at 09:23 PM..

9 years ago '05        #2455
J 
Props total: 9276 9 K  Slaps total: 2566 2 K
How do I go about selling my used bottles to decantshop?

9 years ago '06        #2456
modalee 
Props total: 5695 5 K  Slaps total: 2414 2 K
From y'all experience is fragrancenet authentic? I ordered once from them in 2009 and was iffy on whether it was authentic or maybe an old bottle.

9 years ago '10        #2457
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23976 23 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
 J said 🔗
How do I go about selling my used bottles to decantshop?
Click contact at bottom of their page and email what you have with bottle size and percent left

9 years ago '10        #2458
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23976 23 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
They're legit they work with a few cologne boards actually

They always got deals but my connects put me on overstock or amazon I don't mess with eBay unless I know seller

9 years ago '04        #2459
ddash 
 modalee said 🔗
From y'all experience is fragrancenet authentic? I ordered once from them in 2009 and was iffy on whether it was authentic or maybe an old bottle.
100% Legit
I mean I literally just recommended on the last page lol

eightytyson06 said 🔗
Click contact at bottom of their page and email what you have with bottle size and percent left
emoji

yup

9 years ago '11        #2460
 modalee said 🔗
Totally legit

9 years ago '10        #2461
2TopFlite 
Props total: 9498 9 K  Slaps total: 273 273
Just got back in and wore that Herod tonight since it was cool
emoji
Muthafu*king truth!!! that sh*t is heavenly

9 years ago '04        #2462
ddash 
 2TopFlite said 🔗
Just got back in and wore that Herod tonight since it was cool
emoji
Muthafu*king truth!!! that sh*t is heavenly
emoji

9 years ago '10        #2463
2TopFlite 
Props total: 9498 9 K  Slaps total: 273 273
 ddash said 🔗
emoji
Real talk man I appreciate y'all putting me onto that fragrance because out of all the bottles I had before hand (Aventus included) this sh*t is jumping up on my list... the projection and long lasting vanilla cinnamon rips through that cold air like its nothing.

Next weekend I think ima let Dior Intense get some pt. when I go out with this other chick... ima let Dior kill it from upclose
emoji

9 years ago '04        #2464
ddash 
 2TopFlite said 🔗
Real talk man I appreciate y'all putting me onto that fragrance because out of all the bottles I had before hand (Aventus included) this sh*t is jumping up on my list... the projection and long lasting vanilla cinnamon rips through that cold air like its nothing.

Next weekend I think ima let Dior Intense get some pt. when I go out with this other chick... ima let Dior kill it from upclose
emoji
emoji
emoji

9 years ago '05        #2465
Friday 
Props total: 315 315  Slaps total: 32 32
This one, if your lucky to get it, is the best cologne made..

9 years ago '06        #2466
mikeydooodie 
Props total: 964 964  Slaps total: 68 68
 ddash said 🔗
emoji
emoji
you're right i don't know why i bought a full bottle but i was going out last night and wanted to smell something different. Tomorrow the decants come and ill be good but now I have a question. Everyday cologne, what do you think? I need something that lasts bc I'm at work from 7am - 5:30pm everyday sometimes longer, I think earlier in this thread you recommended VPH for everyday use, I used it but felt like the scent didn't last very long, so whats a good parfum with lasting power??

9 years ago '04        #2467
ddash 
 mikeydooodie said 🔗
you're right i don't know why i bought a full bottle but i was going out last night and wanted to smell something different. Tomorrow the decants come and ill be good but now I have a question. Everyday cologne, what do you think? I need something that lasts bc I'm at work from 7am - 5:30pm everyday sometimes longer, I think earlier in this thread you recommended VPH for everyday use, I used it but felt like the scent didn't last very long, so whats a good parfum with lasting power??
I will always recommend VPH for every day use and work.

I get 14 hrs with VPH and it projects like a beast with me.
Its hard to say how things will work with your skin tho.Sometimes just cause you cant smell it dont means others cant.

You in an office?

Id recommend

Bleu de chanel
VPH
Channel allure homme sport
Dior Homme
1 spray gucci pour homme 2
Bleecker st
Chez bond
issey miyake
1 spray GIT
Frapin L humaniste-doesnt last long
Channel allure homme blanche
Maybe aventus

You dont want to be overpowering at work imo.

Last edited by ddash; 10-18-2015 at 10:33 AM..

9 years ago '06        #2468
mikeydooodie 
 ddash said 🔗
I will always recommend VPH for every day use and work.

I get 14 hrs with VPH and it projects like a beast with me.
Its hard to say how things will work with your skin tho.Sometimes just cause you cant smell it dont means others cant.

You in an office?

Id recommend

Bleu de chanel
VPH
Channel allure homme sport
Dior Homme
1 spray gucci pour homme 2
Bleecker st
Chez bond
issey miyake
1 spray GIT
Frapin L humaniste-doesnt last long
Channel allure homme blanche
Maybe aventus

You dont want to be overpowering at work imo.
I'm on a construction site but I'm a boss and need to sit in on meetings with clients and staff, sometimes i need to get my hands dirty and do a little work so when I'm sitting in a meeting after that i don't want to smell like sh*t, your presentation is important even in this line of work

9 years ago '04        #2469
ddash 
 mikeydooodie said 🔗
I'm on a construction site but I'm a boss and need to sit in on meetings with clients and staff, sometimes i need to get my hands dirty and do a little work so when I'm sitting in a meeting after that i don't want to smell like sh*t, your presentation is important even in this line of work
Ok,cool
Yall Hiring B?

No I am not handy lol.

9 years ago '06        #2470
mikeydooodie 
 ddash said 🔗
Ok,cool
Yall Hiring B?

No I am not handy lol.
Lol. My boss will be like who's the new guy and I'll be like its my cologne connect he gonna make the whole job smell s3xy

9 years ago '04        #2471
ddash 
 mikeydooodie said 🔗
Lol. My boss will be like who's the new guy and I'll be like its my cologne connect he gonna make the whole job smell s3xy
On the way plehboi

9 years ago '09        #2472
ahmadou1  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 118158 118 K  Slaps total: 8007 8 K
Don't know why I never seen this thread till today.... Been looking for new cologne's as of late

9 years ago '04        #2473
ddash 
 ahmadou1 said 🔗
Don't know why I never seen this thread till today.... Been looking for new cologne's as of late
man who you b and where you been?

9 years ago '11        #2474
 mikeydooodie said 🔗

Great for the office. Sophisticated and smells fresh. Citrus and with a lil cocao in the mix. Projects great and last about 8 hrs. It's not available everywhere so you will smell different as well

9 years ago '06        #2475
mikeydooodie 
 darealvelle said 🔗

Great for the office. Sophisticated and smells fresh. Citrus and with a lil cocao in the mix. Projects great and last about 8 hrs. It's not available everywhere so you will smell different as well
Cool. I'm going to check it out

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
Video inside Jun 13 - Nashville cop arrested after participating in Only Fans video ..
55 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
props+6310
Bill Burr distilling the absurdity of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s career.
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So are you dudes getting a breeding Visa from Japan?
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+758
Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to Terrence Howard
226 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish