online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

The Official Fragrance Thread

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  5   0 bx goons and 5 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section gear

9 years ago '05        #1226
lilbeast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1268 1 K  Slaps total: 414 414
 eightytyson06 said 🔗
Take it back to Marshall after I unload 20 sprays into a decant.... On my Detroit hood n1gga sh*t
emoji
emoji
:chandlerdead: that's some n1gga sh*t lmao

9 years ago '04        #1227
ddash 
Props total: 136260 136 K  Slaps total: 9652 9 K
 lilbeast said 🔗
:chandlerdead: that's some n1gga sh*t lmao
emoji

But I agree
emoji

I bet Eightytyson was the n1gga that drank Terry's apple juice in barbershop sahjbhjabdhadjkjad

I rocked Parfums De Marly Herod tonight and it is the truth and my #2 cologne of alltime right now.It is a must have for the winter imo.sh*t projects and makes you feel like a million $$$$

9 years ago '12        #1228
woodthatdude 
Props total: 17228 17 K  Slaps total: 954 954
why isn't this thread pinned with the basednotes facts and other people opinions underneath

9 years ago '05        #1229
pwayne 
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 0 0
I got git in today and I agree it is similar to coolwater but I think it's more smooth. Going have to check out more of creeds line.

I also got bottles of Versace stuff in today. Seems like Eros I won't be wearing too much of...too sweet for me. Probably going to send it back or give it to one of my friends.

9 years ago '10        #1230
eightytyson06 
Props total: 23976 23 K  Slaps total: 1468 1 K
 woodthatdude said 🔗
why isn't this thread pinned with the basednotes facts and other people opinions underneath
Because this is boxden and we not advanced like that

9 years ago '12        #1231
DontHateDaGreat 
Props total: 9275 9 K  Slaps total: 937 937
 woodthatdude said 🔗
 eightytyson06 said 🔗
Because this is boxden and we not advanced like that
We already have enough opinions and good info here but listing notes of frangrances (upon resquest) can be done. Only thing is that makes things more complicated than just saying what it smells like imo
emoji

plus it adds even more bias from them as they love certain scents/houses more than others. We got the info needed right here i think
emoji

9 years ago '12        #1232
woodthatdude 
Props total: 17228 17 K  Slaps total: 954 954
 DontHateDaGreat said 🔗
We already have enough opinions and good info here but listing notes of frangrances (upon resquest) can be done. Only thing is that makes things more complicated than just saying what it smells like imo
emoji

plus it adds even more bias from them as they love certain scents/houses more than others. We got the info needed right here i think
emoji
@🔗

some one on basenotes made a spreedsheet of the top 500 colognes in order with info and etc the link is buried in this thread. i think i got it in my google drive.

Last edited by woodthatdude; 01-20-2015 at 09:19 PM..

9 years ago '12        #1233
DontHateDaGreat 
 woodthatdude said 🔗
@🔗

some one on basenotes made a spreedsheet of the top 500 colognes in order with info and etc the link is buried in this thread. i think i got it in my google drive.
It's probably still on basenotes. I'ma check it out. But knowing how basenote posters are (notorious creed [especially git
emoji
], guerlain, and chanel stans) I bet GIT is number 1 and the top 100 is full of creed, guerlain, and chanel fragrances. Probably some stuff people really don't wear that much anymore. And knowing basenotes i bet that trash a$s "Obsession by calvin klein" is ranked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay higher that is should be (shouldn't make the cut imo). If Obsession goes past top 100 i'd be surprised

9 years ago '10        #1234
eightytyson06 
 woodthatdude said 🔗
@🔗

Yeah I dropped the link here actually. Most of the top colognes listed people already talked about on here.

I prefer reviews on fragrantica though

9 years ago '12        #1235
DontHateDaGreat 
 woodthatdude said 🔗
@🔗

eightytyson06 said 🔗
Yeah I dropped the link here actually. Most of the top colognes listed people already talked about on here.

I prefer reviews on fragrantica though
This.

Found the link off of basenotes it's up to 800 fragrances now

#1 aventus
#2 GIT (shocked this wasn't #1)
Where did obsession fall? #78. fu*king 78 out of 800
emoji
emoji
emoji

9 years ago '05        #1236
lilbeast  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 1268 1 K  Slaps total: 414 414
Yea I fu*k with Fragrantica WAAAYYYYYY more than Basenotes. Them basenotes n1ggas hate everything designer. If the cologne doesn't cost $200 minimum they are going to say its terrible. You make a topic asking for a good summer cologne and they say some rare sh*t that you never heard of.
emoji
n1gga if its not at the mall or amazon you doing too much
emoji
Them n1ggas got that elitist mentality

Last edited by lilbeast; 01-21-2015 at 10:13 AM..

9 years ago '11        #1237
MACADEMICS 
Props total: 14249 14 K  Slaps total: 1176 1 K
Smelt Tom Ford Private Blend London (only available in the UK), woody with a very slight smoky smell to it, could be an Oud note. Smells quite nice although it doesn't project well and pretty weak compared to other TF private blends. So the new TF fragrance will be an Extreme version of Noir.

Y'all seen this? Thierry Mugler: A*Men Ultra Zest for men coming out 2015, which one of y'all will be the guinea pig?

9 years ago '06        #1238
RESIDO 
Props total: 5586 5 K  Slaps total: 181 181
Salute to everybody for putting me on to that Pure Malt!!
Used it today for the first time.. It's official!

9 years ago '04        #1239
ddash 
 RESIDO said 🔗
Salute to everybody for putting me on to that Pure Malt!!
Used it today for the first time.. It's official!
Bruh pure malt is almost a thing in the past since I got Herod lol.I love herod so much.

Cant go wrong with either and will be rocking pure malt today or tomorrow.

9 years ago '06        #1240
RESIDO 
 ddash said 🔗
Bruh pure malt is almost a thing in the past since I got Herod lol.I love herod so much.

Cant go wrong with either and will be rocking pure malt today or tomorrow.
emoji

I'm rocking with the Havane tomorrow.
I couldn't find anywhere with a decent price for that Herod.
Point me in the right direction ol wise fragrant one.

9 years ago '04        #1241
ddash 
 RESIDO said 🔗
emoji

I'm rocking with the Havane tomorrow.
I couldn't find anywhere with a decent price for that Herod.
Point me in the right direction ol wise fragrant one.
I pay $20 for a 10ml and $13 for the 5ml

Imma hit your pm and props now

9 years ago '06        #1242
RESIDO 
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ddash again.

9 years ago '12        #1243
The Consultant  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 73879 73 K  Slaps total: 4356 4 K
 lilbeast said 🔗
Yea I fu*k with Fragrantica WAAAYYYYYY more than Basenotes. Them basenotes n1ggas hate everything designer. If the cologne doesn't cost $200 minimum they are going to say its terrible. You make a topic asking for a good summer cologne and they say some rare sh*t that you never heard of.
emoji
n1gga if its not at the mall or amazon you doing too much
emoji
Them n1ggas got that elitist mentality
Yeah it be like that fam
emoji
but they know there stuff also.
Ive found a lot gems from there, Fragantica is great also.

Was having this discussion a cpl pages back in this thread, there are so many frags in the world you could rock a different one every day for years. From cheap no name, to stupid crazy expensive no name sh*t.

For my next 4-6 colognes I'm buying sh*t Ive personally never heard of
emoji
, keep expanding my horizon.
emoji
emoji

9 years ago '11        #1244
darealvelle  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 31890 31 K  Slaps total: 1445 1 K
 MACADEMICS said 🔗

Y'all seen this? Thierry Mugler: A*Men Ultra Zest for men coming out 2015, which one of y'all will be the guinea pig?
Will be copping for sure when it drops

01-22-2015, 06:53 AM         #1245
Les Feuilles 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
 DontHateDaGreat said 🔗
mad wins and complments coming your way
emoji

Exactly BUT there are ALOT of creed fanatics who will only buy creeds to feel like they are in the "cool group", but if you already have CMI you'll rock it until it runs out then get the SJ. As said before most people never fu*ked with it bc Diddy was attached to it. I'd test the new ones out now along with a sample of CMI to see how it works. There are a few other creeds that have clones, for example with Aventus you have Insurrection Pure II and Lomani AB Spirit Silver but like anything i'd try it myself before buying.

as for what cologne in that list i'd go with Chanel allure sport

I assume you've tried Angel Man, and Angel Pure Malt before getting to pure havanne so:

-Musc Ravageur (the clove opening now fu*kING SUCKS
emoji
but once that passed it's the BEST gourmand i've ever tried even better than any thierry mugler product)

-Just bought a bottle of Méharées Acqua di Profumo by L'Erbolario Lodi which is supposed to be a clone of Musc Ravageur but without the nasty clove note and much cheaper. I'll let you know how it goes
emoji

-Bond no.9: New Haarlem

-jo malones blue agava & cacao and mix it with their vanilla scent

-Tom ford Tobacco Vanille (compare it with havanne and see which one you like more)

-Hanae Mori

-Rochas Man

-Guerlain has a few like Tonka Imperiale (i hate the guerlain house because it doesn't work for me but for those that don't have that problem they love the guerlain house)

-Paco Rabanne 1 Million

-Dior Homme Intense (this is a gray area for me. Some people say it is but i don't think so because you barely get any food notes. Smells really good tho)

-24 Gold (cheapie but it works for some)

-John Varvatos (another gray area imo and more of a close to the skin scent but some consider this one too)

I'll go through some of my samples and come back with more
I haven't tried Angel Man or Pure Malt (really want to try this one in particular due to the praises). Méharées Acqua di Profumo is lookin' mighty interesting though...

9 years ago '12        #1246
DontHateDaGreat 
 Les Feuilles said 🔗
I haven't tried Angel Man or Pure Malt (really want to try this one in particular due to the praises). Méharées Acqua di Profumo is lookin' mighty interesting though...
Just copped a bottle (couldn't find a sample) the opening gives you a middle east oasis kinda feel. Starts with myrrh, dates, slight candied amber feel, which lasts for about 2 and a half hours on my skin then the drydown is almost exactly like musc ravageur just a bit spicer and less musk throughout. I gotta wear it a few more times. Honestly i can't say it's a must cop just yet. Right now i'd say try pure malt and pure havanne first. I say those are on must cop status (but still try before you buy)

sidebar: I got a sample of another gourmand that really like and would have bought before meharees if i had the choice

Starts off like a creamy lemonhead (but not overpowering and sickening) with a light honey/tea note then descends into a vanilla waffle cone with caramel and some of the lemon note in the background. Plus they actually have samples. Really smooth stuff. doesn't project like pure malt/havanne but i've had people notice it after a few more tries

emoji

Last edited by DontHateDaGreat; 01-22-2015 at 04:47 PM..

9 years ago '10        #1247
eightytyson06 
Just smelled that dolce intenso drops around me tomorrow. Has some vanilla and oud notes. It's boss as fu*k might cop dolce again gonna smell test strip in a few hours

9 years ago '12        #1248
DontHateDaGreat 
edit: @🔗

I'd say it like this The gourmand aspect of Meharees >>>>> Pure Malt/Pure Havanne but as an overall scent from progression of the top notes to the base notes, Pure Malt/Havanne >>>> Meharees (as of now, gotta test the compliment factor with meharees). Now if you like spices in your frangrances then meharees covers both spices/gourmands and is cheaper than malt and havanne.

01-22-2015, 07:35 PM         #1249
Les Feuilles 
Props total:    Slaps total:  
 DontHateDaGreat said 🔗
edit: @🔗

I'd say it like this The gourmand aspect of Meharees >>>>> Pure Malt/Pure Havanne but as an overall scent from progression of the top notes to the base notes, Pure Malt/Havanne >>>> Meharees (as of now, gotta test the compliment factor with meharees). Now if you like spices in your frangrances then meharees covers both spices/gourmands and is cheaper than malt and havanne.
MVP bruh. Good look
emoji

(You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to DontHateDaGreat again.)
You're already powerful so it's groovy.

9 years ago '05        #1250
pwayne 
Props total: 0 0  Slaps total: 0 0

rocked this today.

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
props+6510
Bill Burr distilling the absurdity of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s career.
43 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
So are you dudes getting a breeding Visa from Japan?
52 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+767
Neil deGrasse Tyson responds to Terrence Howard
229 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
logo Dijonai Carrington speaks on Caitlin's silence on her fanbase
135 comments