online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

"No Disrespect But J Dilla Cant See My Catalog" - D. Dot Of The Hitmen

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

4 months ago '11        #51
QB Eagles  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 29445 29 K  Slaps total: 5737 5 K
J Dilla went through multiple eras and styles.

D. Dot is a producer. J Dilla is a whole genre.

Stop it.

emoji

Last edited by QB Eagles; 12-06-2023 at 08:28 PM..
+3   

4 months ago '22        #52
TheRealisBack 
Props total: 4197 4 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
 vandalizm said 🔗
Bozos like you need external validation to determine whether something is dope or not

No originality

No backbone

Just imitation and a desire for validation
Lmao where the hell do you get all that from?

Because I ainít feeling that sh1t you like?

4 months ago '13        #53
vandalizm 
Props total: 25754 25 K  Slaps total: 3344 3 K
 TheRealisBack said 🔗
Lmao where the hell do you get all that from?

Because I ainít feeling that sh1t you like?
You speaking so authoritatively while lacking the knowledge to form an objective opinion to be taken seriously as proven by:

TheRealisBack said 🔗
What are some Dillaís best work? Heard of him but donít know what heís best known for.
Talking about "impact on the game" which outlines exactly what I was talking about - external validation - demonstrating you value commercial success (external validation) vs artistry.

Furthermore in regards to "impact on the game" you are extremely misinformed or ignorant.

Last edited by vandalizm; 12-06-2023 at 09:41 PM..

4 months ago '13        #54
vandalizm 
🔗

🔗

Last edited by vandalizm; 12-06-2023 at 09:43 PM..

4 months ago '22        #55
Bald GOD  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x10
Props total: 22853 22 K  Slaps total: 4810 4 K
Dilla work with Pharcyde, De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, Q-Tip, Busta Rhymes, Common, Slum Village, Donuts, the sh1t with Madlib all would like to have a word with n1gga
emoji
+1   

4 months ago '22        #56
TheRealisBack 
Props total: 4197 4 K  Slaps total: 1273 1 K
 vandalizm said 🔗
You speaking so authoritatively while lacking the knowledge to form an objective opinion to be taken seriously as proven by:

Talking about "impact on the game" which outlines exactly what I was talking about - external validation - demonstrating you value commercial success (external validation) vs artistry.

Furthermore in regards to "impact on the game" you are extremely misinformed or ignorant.
Negative. I meant that he didnít impact the game as far as making a whole new sound that inspired a whole new era of hip hop that went mainstream for decades. Thereís a reason why most things go mainstream. Because itís relative to the times, the cutting edge or something new and impactful.

You can say what you want playa. Be the purest you want to be. But that donít mean you right.

4 months ago '17        #57
Drewsmit 
Props total: 46593 46 K  Slaps total: 5967 5 K
Tell em why you mad son!

4 months ago '05        #58
Da Gooneyz 
Props total: 6364 6 K  Slaps total: 839 839
I hear what he's saying, but I wouldn't take the credit for paving the way for today, hell no.

4 months ago '04        #59
strat 
Props total: 7588 7 K  Slaps total: 1701 1 K
Dilla overrated. Q Tip underrated. It's hard to point to exactly who did what with the Ummah but Tribe lightweight fell off when Dilla and Consequence came around. And yes D Dot catalog ki1ls Dilla, but Dilla was the more talented beat maker. I can't speaker to as a producer.

4 months ago '04        #60
NAKHI ALLAH 
Props total: 128409 128 K  Slaps total: 8377 8 K
Nah d dot nice but dilla changed the way dudes made beats d dot didn't
+2   

4 months ago '15        #61
MULVTTX 
Props total: 31284 31 K  Slaps total: 2061 2 K
 Bigg_Slime said 🔗
Nah...he ain't say 1 wrong word

Let that man pop his sh1t
emoji

4 months ago '13        #62
vandalizm 
 TheRealisBack said 🔗
Negative. I meant that he didnít impact the game as far as making a whole new sound that inspired a whole new era of hip hop that went mainstream for decades. Thereís a reason why most things go mainstream. Because itís relative to the times, the cutting edge or something new and impactful.

You can say what you want playa. Be the purest you want to be. But that donít mean you right.
emoji

LOL at the whole top half of this comment

You donít even know what you talking about

Itís crazy how people speak with such certainty about sh1t they donít even know about

Last edited by vandalizm; 12-06-2023 at 11:58 PM..

4 months ago '21        #63
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 19114 19 K  Slaps total: 6456 6 K
Watch the video. Start at like 2:00 and then read the comments in here. Itís like heís responding to the comments. Thatís how you know people donít listen.

4 months ago '21        #64
Fatt Kidd 
Props total: 19114 19 K  Slaps total: 6456 6 K
 NAKHI ALLAH said 🔗
Nah d dot nice but dilla changed the way dudes made beats d dot didn't
As much as I see people complaining about using obvious samples on here, I think he did help change the way beats were made.

4 months ago '17        #65
dubsax  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 76070 76 K  Slaps total: 6432 6 K
 strat said 🔗
Dilla overrated. Q Tip underrated. It's hard to point to exactly who did what with the Ummah but Tribe lightweight fell off when Dilla and Consequence came around. And yes D Dot catalog ki1ls Dilla, but Dilla was the more talented beat maker. I can't speaker to as a producer.
tribe didnt fall off
they came around the time of beat rhymes and life when tribe was starting to crack and the label was mad at qtip for taking so long making albums

they were all sons of Qtip
Tip was the 1st real crate digger

most would just use records their parents had
mostly funk and soul
Tip really crossed genres

Dilla is far from overrated if you know music
dilla's beats mathematically make no sense but sonic wise they are amazing
how they are matched by a james jamerson type of ba$s line

(james jamerson was the godfather of the electric ba$s and studio player for all of motowns hits the ba$s was always the melodic star of the show)

4 months ago '04        #66
strat 
 dubsax said 🔗
tribe didnt fall off
they came around the time of beat rhymes and life when tribe was starting to crack and the label was mad at qtip for taking so long making albums

they were all sons of Qtip
Tip was the 1st real crate digger

most would just use records their parents had
mostly funk and soul
Tip really crossed genres

Dilla is far from overrated if you know music
dilla's beats mathematically make no sense but sonic wise they are amazing
how they are matched by a james jamerson type of ba$s line

(james jamerson was the godfather of the electric ba$s and studio player for all of motowns hits the ba$s was always the melodic star of the show)
Yes you can point to a lot of reasons why Tribes to me fell off. BRAL and TLM are their worst albums without a doubt, it was when Q Tip was struggling with alcohol and had beef with Phife, so you cant blame it on dilla, but it was around the time he started working with them.

I can't call Tip the first crate digger. You have Marley Marl, Shock G, Premo, DITC (Diamond D especially), the Bomb Squad, Prince Paul, and EPMD who all used obscure samples pre Tribe or right when People's Instinctive dropped. Hell even Rick Rubin.

I agree Dilla was a musical genius, im just saying as a producer I think hes overrated. I am not sure he got the best out of artist etc. I personally like Labcabin better than Bizzare Ride, but alot of people will fight you to death on that take which is probably unpopular. I like One Day it Will all make sense and Be better than Like Water for Chocolate etc. Beat making is just one part of producing. I can't say hes on the level of a Phil Spector, Dre, Rick Rubin, etc.

4 months ago '04        #67
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 60987 60 K  Slaps total: 8848 8 K
 Dash said 🔗
Dilla produced for Michael and Janet

Stop
He only produced for JanetÖ and the production credits went to Q-Tip not himÖ.

4 months ago '16        #68
FreeloadinRusty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 22236 22 K  Slaps total: 2245 2 K
Noone here can even vocalize what D DOT style even is……

Describe DDOT’s sound and catalog. Himself.

Now JAYDEE/DILLA spawned a whole genre, with multiple signature sounds that are copied til this day…..who YOU been wit?…..CHAIN SNATCHIN……CASSIE RAPIN, MARICON muthafuggas.

James Yancey for the WIN.

emoji

Last edited by FreeloadinRusty; 12-07-2023 at 11:26 PM..
+2   

4 months ago '21        #69
Manolo456 
Props total: 2185 2 K  Slaps total: 93 93
 strat said 🔗
Sorry didnít mean to slap i actually agree when Dilla first came out people werenít feeling what he did with Tribe or Pharcyde it really wasnít until after he passed that overnight everyone became a fan.
+1   

4 months ago '21        #70
JugBeats  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
Props total: 11128 11 K  Slaps total: 690 690
why are yall mad at me like i said it? wtf?
emoji

4 months ago '04        #71
strat 
 marcchrome said 🔗
He only produced for JanetÖ and the production credits went to Q-Tip not himÖ.
He did a remix for got til its gone. The original production credits went to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
+1   

4 months ago '11        #72
kevin boogz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 49342 49 K  Slaps total: 2713 2 K
dilla is big producer and a lot of producers want his respect.

i will say hitmen are overlooked but that is mainly due to puffy.
some people were really thinking he was creating those beats.
like some also said in this thread they were like 4 producers.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #73
marcchrome  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 60987 60 K  Slaps total: 8848 8 K
 strat said 🔗
He did a remix for got til its gone. The original production credits went to Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis.
I know that and that is what I was talking about.. but he never got production credits for in the liner notes on single credits.. he spoke about it in detail in and interview.. look it up..

4 months ago '04        #74
youngmic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
Props total: 90393 90 K  Slaps total: 7268 7 K
🔗

🔗

+1   

say something...

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
First trailer for M. Night Shyamalanís #Trap; starring Josh Hartnett 🤫
30 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Whoís auntie is this ??
78 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
props+375
Video inside Jim breuer talks about dave chappelle telling him he was visited by the..
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
props+814
Video inside Shyne admits he wasn't the shooter, just the fall guy
213 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop