VPNs Deals for the Techies

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+18  163
37 comments @movies
most viewed right now
185 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

1 week ago '04        #1
179 page views
3 comments

JJH35 
space
space
Props total: 1814 1 K  Slaps total: 232 232
VPNs Deals for the Techies

For anyone that utilizes a VPN (paid ones)...firstly I would just in caution move away entirely from PIA - PrivateInternetAccess before their buyout goes into effect early next year from KAPE.

No refer/affiliate sh*t, just direct links.

Options:
TorGuard has always been reliable and stable has a 50% off deal running til December 10th - so $30/year + 10GB PrivateMail email account free.
Use promo code: BlackFriday when purchasing.

They are also rolling out some config files for WireGuard which folks are clamoring for, supposed to be the latest and greatest protocol/client for VPN (instead of OpenVPN).

They are based in USA if you are concerned or believe in the risk of using an "eyes country" service 5 - 9 - 14 eyes country (even though I don't believe much in it being a concern). USA has no retention laws.

https://torguard.net/
-----
ExpressVPN
Very reputable across the board, very minimal speed loss at all. But runs a higher premium than most providers. Current promo is a free 3 months on annual, so 15 months for $99.

Not in any "eyes" jurisdiction.

https://www.expressvpn.com/coupons
-----
ProtonVPN
They are from the company/org that created ProtonMail so they have a reliable reputation. Based in Switzerland so not in any risky jurisdiction theoretically.
30 - 50% off paid plans through Friday:

https://protonvpn.com/blo .. k-friday-2019/
-----
Mullvad is where most people seem to be migrating from PIA if they do move, they are in 14 eyes [Sweden] but service seems be solid. Also uses WireGuard VPN protocol. They notoriously never discount for anything at any time of the year, but you can save 10% if you pay with Crypto.

https://mullvad.net/en/
-----

Not any form of official review post, but some options for those that utilize VPNs and want options off PIA or just options in general. More of a skim post of the more reliable providers.
+2   

best
worst
3 comments

2 days ago '12        #2
SE Texas713 
space
space
Props total: 1216 1 K  Slaps total: 71 71
 JJH35 said
For anyone that utilizes a VPN (paid ones)...firstly I would just in caution move away entirely from PIA - PrivateInternetAccess before their buyout goes into effect early next year from KAPE.

No refer/affiliate sh*t, just direct links.

Options:
TorGuard has always been reliable and stable has a 50% off deal running til December 10th - so $30/year + 10GB PrivateMail email account free.
Use promo code: BlackFriday when purchasing.

They are also rolling out some config files for WireGuard which folks are clamoring for, supposed to be the latest and greatest protocol/client for VPN (instead of OpenVPN).

They are based in USA if you are concerned or believe in the risk of using an "eyes country" service 5 - 9 - 14 eyes country (even though I don't believe much in it being a concern). USA has no retention laws.

-----
ExpressVPN
Very reputable across the board, very minimal speed loss at all. But runs a higher premium than most providers. Current promo is a free 3 months on annual, so 15 months for $99.

Not in any "eyes" jurisdiction.

-----
ProtonVPN
They are from the company/org that created ProtonMail so they have a reliable reputation. Based in Switzerland so not in any risky jurisdiction theoretically.
30 - 50% off paid plans through Friday:

-----
Mullvad is where most people seem to be migrating from PIA if they do move, they are in 14 eyes [Sweden] but service seems be solid. Also uses WireGuard VPN protocol. They notoriously never discount for anything at any time of the year, but you can save 10% if you pay with Crypto.

-----

Not any form of official review post, but some options for those that utilize VPNs and want options off PIA or just options in general. More of a skim post of the more reliable providers.
I'm a newbie to this VPN stuff. Would it be a good idea to get one if i choose an IPTV?

2 days ago '04        #3
JJH35  OP
space
space
Props total: 1814 1 K  Slaps total: 232 232
 SE Texas713 said
I'm a newbie to this VPN stuff. Would it be a good idea to get one if i choose an IPTV?
I seem to be in the minority other places with such an opinion. But for me Yes 100%

While I do somewhat agree with the "don't need a VPN" belief that subscribers of IPTV are the last people the Suits would go after. Not fool proof, but odds I guess are in that favor of low risk to users.

The biggest "risk" or issue would probably coming from your ISP whether that comes in the form of throttling or if more pressure gets put on them to crack down on users of it.

People that say it "slows down your connection", there is a minimal slow down, but relative to what you are accessing typically means nothing. The only time that would make sense would be if you have very slow internet speeds to start with [10 or 15Mb/sec if that is even still around in the US] and/or using an older Firestick or sh*tty device that doesn't run well with the VPN overhead.

I would/will always recommend one, but I don't even browse websites/forums/etc without a VPN (much less I'm typically chained along 2 different providers).

Either way I would still say Yes for VPN + IPTV.
+1   

1 day ago '05        #4
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 11857 11 K  Slaps total: 1360 1 K
I’ve had TorGuard for 3+ years now. No issues and run it through my PC, tablets and phones.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+23online now  46
Image(s) inside Dec 5 - DISTURBING photo by West Virginia prison guards leads to Mass ..
123 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  31
OT Julian Newman Scored 5,000 POINTS in HS.. Why isn’t he..
72 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  27
Image(s) inside Chevy Corvette SUV on its way?
39 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
+43online now  10
Video inside That Fat Joe/Eminem/Mary J. Blige Track!!!
157 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy