Melo player of the Week?!

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

3 days ago '08        #51
koopa24 
space
space
space
Props total: 1020 1 K  Slaps total: 238 238
They gave it to melo to take away attention everyone is sleeping on Houston. With russle not being russle they are dangerous bc you canít double harden. Put your bets in now Houston will sneak in and the story will be how him, harden, Kd, and ibaka all won. Harden is only going to get better.

3 days ago '16        #52
GoCop 
space
space
Props total: 1017 1 K  Slaps total: 191 191
melo aint washed but he aint a winner

...maybe he'll pick some heart up from Dame.. thats all he was really missin

3 days ago '09        #53
Puppet Master  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 38064 38 K  Slaps total: 12908 12 K
 dirtball said
I lived in Arlington TX and was all through TX just because there's a Starbucks don't mean nothing lol

Htown>>wherever the fu*k u from and please don't say Portland

3 days ago '18        #54
Idgafth0 
space
space
space
Props total: 4728 4 K  Slaps total: 1134 1 K
 Black Excellence said
Itís the NBAís way of apologizing to Melo, thatís really all it is.
I donít think anyone on here has cared about player of the week/month since ever.
Fixed.
Itís a week and ppl crying luka or harden hoe sh*t fr. None of them deserve it more then the man that got dragged through the media for a year and change. Only a hater gon debate a weekly award no bs
+2   

3 days ago '18        #55
BernieDaGoat  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9416 9 K  Slaps total: 5769 5 K
Def undeserved.

I wonder how many times this overratd fu*k won that award in his prime.

Probably twice at most.

Overrated

3 days ago '11        #56
greedy87 
space
space
Props total: 8424 8 K  Slaps total: 2584 2 K
Harden the real mvp of this season. I ainít tripping about Melo winning player of the week it ainít that serious

3 days ago '04        #57
dirtball 
space
space
Props total: 541 541  Slaps total: 214 214
 Puppet Master said

Htown>>wherever the fu*k u from and please don't say Portland

Yeah well that's just, like, your opinion backwater man. And I ain't heard you say anything about not being backwater not one time.

I respect HTown music culture and history but if we ain't gonna call a spade a spade then wtf are we doing?

I still remember Drexler being salty on the commentary team when Dame hit that .9 and this mf actually played for the Blazers lol! How backwater is that?

3 days ago '11        #58
greedy87 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
Tremendous stretch and a feel good story. But that ain't seeing what harden just did
Iím the biggest Harden fan on here and youíre more upset about it then me. Lmaoooo. Good for Melo sh*t ainít that serious. Smh

3 days ago '04        #59
dirtball 
space
space
Props total: 541 541  Slaps total: 214 214
 greedy87 said
Iím the biggest Harden fan on here and youíre more upset about it then me. Lmaoooo. Good for Melo sh*t ainít that serious. Smh
Exactly, them Rockets fans treat Harden like he was written into the 2nd Amendment, protect at all costs.

3 days ago '09        #60
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 72169 72 K  Slaps total: 17162 17 K
 greedy87 said
Stop projecting your emotional behavior onto others you doing it a little too frequently.

3 days ago '12        #61
mars15  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2 OP
space
space
Props total: 27855 27 K  Slaps total: 2410 2 K
 Jimmy Heights said
Aint know yall n*ggas cared about POTW. Congrats to Melo though
Heís like the first player ever to be out the league one week and win it the next lol

3 days ago '17        #62
DonC 
space
space
space
Props total: 14748 14 K  Slaps total: 7549 7 K
 mars15 said

I have to admit Iím surprised at how well he has played.
Even Lebron has never gotten 1 single player of the week since he joined Lakers....and Melo got it in 2 weeks of joining Portland LOL
+1   

3 days ago '09        #63
TriniSoldier 
space
space
 Lurker said
At the end of the day, if Harden/Luka/AD had went undefeated...then yes, they wouldíve won it. I agree they played better. BUT Melo has also played outstanding in his own right , I havenít seen Melo play this sharp in YEARS. Heís leaner, quicker, heís moving the ball, heís making quick decisions with the ball, heís efficient, heís active on defense, etc.

The NBA values wins and losses. Portland (a losing team before Melo signed) has found their footing and heís been the best player from a +/- standpoint during this winning streak.

The team was dead in the water. Portlandís season has been saved. I just donít think itís the end of the world that he gets this
Win loss is just one fraction. Spencer just won from the 18th to the 24th. On the 18th the n*gga had a 30 point loss. It's okay to admit this was some feel good nonsense

3 days ago '11        #64
greedy87 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
Stop projecting your emotional behavior onto others you doing it a little too frequently.
Yet youíre in here multiple times hollering ďwhat about Harden?Ē over player of the week. Lmaoo

3 days ago '09        #65
TriniSoldier 
space
space
 greedy87 said
Yet youíre in here multiple times hollering ďwhat about Harden?Ē over player of the week. Lmaoo
Luka too. This is a basketball thread can we not talk the sport? If you wanna be emotional just close the page down

3 days ago '11        #66
greedy87 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
Luka too. This is a basketball thread can we not talk the sport? If you wanna be emotional just close the page down
Where was I emotional? I simply responded to what you said? n*ggas is weirdos

3 days ago '04        #67
Kziatic 
space
space
Props total: 1141 1 K  Slaps total: 232 232
BX - the NBA regular season is trash, I don't watch it untill playoffs

BX after Melo gets player of the week award. How dare they give Melo player of the week when LeBron, Harden, Luka yada yada yada.

Make up y'all minds, you act like he won the MVP award

3 days ago '08        #68
100dollarman 
space
space
Props total: 1513 1 K  Slaps total: 1014 1 K
Luka was way better
+2   

3 days ago '07        #69
MiseryCityTexas 
space
space
space
Props total: 8682 8 K  Slaps total: 2892 2 K
Rockets tried to blackball this n*gga
+1   

3 days ago '16        #70
postemupndunkit 
space
space
Props total: 32567 32 K  Slaps total: 5056 5 K
 GDubs said
So the nba is doing sympathy awards now
If someone goes from unemployed to dropping 23 ppg in a week , thatís crazy too

Think about it
+1   

3 days ago '10        #71
6.Yrs 
space
space
Props total: 16275 16 K  Slaps total: 1055 1 K
 Dun Language said
I dont see how ppl didnt think dantonio wasnt gonna fu*k melo over.

Lakers can hold that L tho...we could've used this scoring off the bench

maybe next season
I wanted him to go to the Lakers,Raptors, or Bucks.

I think the Lakers didn't do it because Kuz plays the exact same positions as him. I don't see how they could co exist. Personally I'd rather have Melo because LA is built to win now. Is Kuz ever going to be better than a 3rd option?

Raps got young bodies at the same position too. So that wouldn't work either. Not sure why the Bucks didn't take a shot.

3 days ago '05        #72
Dun Language  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 71806 71 K  Slaps total: 20935 20 K
 6.Yrs said
I wanted him to go to the Lakers,Raptors, or Bucks.

I think the Lakers didn't do it because Kuz plays the exact same positions as him. I don't see how they could co exist. Personally I'd rather have Melo because LA is built to win now. Is Kuz ever going to be better than a 3rd option?

Raps got young bodies at the same position too. So that wouldn't work either. Not sure why the Bucks didn't take a shot.
If he had handles I could over look his poor defense.

Lakers best bet is releasing dudley and signing Crawford and wait to see what happens with iggy

3 days ago '10        #73
SmoothTay 
space
space
Props total: 48084 48 K  Slaps total: 7225 7 K
 TriniSoldier said
Harden averaged like 45 over the last 3 games on like 50 percent or some crazy sh*t. Iunno about this one
n*gga fu*k harden & his 49 free throws a game ai t no real n*ggas impressed by that.

3 days ago '19        #74
YgYeezy203 
space
space
space
Props total: 455 455  Slaps total: 40 40
 Lurker said
23ppg, 8rpg 3apg 57FG% 45 3pt%

Being out the league for over a year and no training camp/preseason.
Wait a minute. You mean to tell me melo is shooting 57%??? That's incredible no cap . His points per game isnt as impressive as harden's but his shooting percentage is..

+1   

3 days ago '04        #75
Young Professa 
space
space
Props total: 11763 11 K  Slaps total: 1859 1 K
 Blo2Ca said
I really donít get all the Melo hate! The man is one of the best scorers the game ever seen at the PF/SF position, stand up dude on and off the court, good teammate according to everybody whose played with him. No legal issues etc. And mufu*kas talk and treat the man like he ainít a legend cuz of ďpoor defenseĒ which he plays better than people give him credit for. But praise Lou Williams, Jamaal Crawford , Harden etc (all deserved) for same sh*t yíall knock him for. At this stage in his career 32 teams acted as if heís an cancer and not an a*set to a team trying to make a championship push. Better than half the league on offense AND defense but get a bad wrap for reasons Iíll never get.
all facts

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+29online now  12
Spotify Wrapped 2019 just dropped... what is your top artist and top song?
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  10
Video inside Which Movies Can You Watch Over and Over Again and Not Get Tired of It...
112 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+67online now  8
Video inside 8 years ago we lost a comedy goat
48 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+41online now  6
Video inside Micahel J. Fox is Martin McCholo in Back to...THE HOOD.
24 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy