Melo player of the Week?!

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section sports

6 days ago '10        #26
Black Excellence  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 52131 52 K  Slaps total: 5962 5 K
 fredfiness said
To be fair, what does the latter part have to do with player of the week? Harden or Luka shouldíve gotten it.
Itís the NBAís way of apologizing to Melo, thatís really all it is. He played pretty good, he was left for dead and heís being rewarded this over Luka & Harden.

I donít think anyone on here has cared about player of the week/month since 2012.
+2   

6 days ago '13        #27
fredfiness 
space
space
Props total: 5583 5 K  Slaps total: 416 416
 Black Excellence said
Itís the NBAís way of apologizing to Melo, thatís really all it is. He played pretty good, he was left for dead and heís being rewarded this over Luka & Harden.

I donít think anyone on here has cared about player of the week/month since 2012.
For sure. Just wanted to see if we were all on the same page.

6 days ago '14        #28
Lurker 
space
space
Props total: 49248 49 K  Slaps total: 8321 8 K
 fredfiness said
To be fair, what does the latter part have to do with player of the week? Harden or Luka should’ve gotten it.
It’s about the optics, dumbass. You don’t think that’s impressive given the circumstances?

Also, W-L play a HUGE factor in those player of the week awards. Luka and Harden lost a game in the last week. Melo’s team went undefeated.
+3   

6 days ago '09        #29
TriniSoldier 
space
space
Props total: 72405 72 K  Slaps total: 17198 17 K
 Lurker said
23ppg, 8rpg 3apg 57FG% 45 3pt%

Being out the league for over a year and no training camp/preseason.
Tremendous stretch and a feel good story. But that ain't seeing what harden just did
+4   

6 days ago '15        #30
chrishansen88 
space
space
Props total: 23853 23 K  Slaps total: 5031 5 K
This why the NBA is falling off they too pc w bullsh*t like this always on some Kumbaya sh*t
+1   

6 days ago '07        #31
influence22 
space
space
space
Props total: 814 814  Slaps total: 93 93
The committee for basketball diversity called and demanded a recount.

lol...

anyone playing fantasy basketball knows Melo winning this is a joke.

Anthony Davis Stats

James Harden only played 3 games, avg 37 ish a game

+3   

6 days ago '19        #32
HaterVision 
space
space
Props total: 2368 2 K  Slaps total: 828 828
 fredfiness said
To be fair, what does the latter part have to do with player of the week? Harden or Luka shouldíve gotten it.
Yeah Shaq and Jordan could have won MVP every year.

But it don't work like that.
+1   

6 days ago '13        #33
fredfiness 
space
space
 Lurker said
Itís about the optics, dumbass. You donít think thatís impressive given the circumstances?

Also, W-L play a HUGE factor in those player of the week awards. Luka and Harden lost a game in the last week. Meloís team went undefeated.
I ainít come at you with that energy, so no need for that. We can dead the conversation here.

6 days ago '14        #34
Lurker 
space
space
 TriniSoldier said
Tremendous stretch and a feel good story. But that ain't seeing what harden just did
Hardenís team lost a game last week, dude. Meloís team went undefeated. Wins and Losses play a huge factor in this award. Itís not just about stats. Both Luka and Hardenís team had a double digit loss at home. I donít understand why yíall not overlooking that.

Blazers were dead in the water. If Melo doesnít ball out like he does, the Blazersí season is practically over. Now, they gained ground and back in the game as far as seeding goes.
+3   

6 days ago '14        #35
Lurker 
space
space
 fredfiness said
I ainít come at you with that energy, so no need for that. We can dead the conversation here.
You right, my bad man. I shouldnít have called you a dumbass. Thatís my fault.
+6   

Top 10 most slapped recently  6 days ago '07        #36
Cambury 
space
space
space
Props total: 18026 18 K  Slaps total: 8188 8 K
If Luka or Harden went undefeated then they should have won it.
+1   

6 days ago '13        #37
fredfiness 
space
space
 HaterVision said
Yeah Shaq and Jordan could have won MVP every year.

But it don't work like that.
MVP is a different discussion.

If weíre talking player of the week, Meloís stat line doesnít deserve it. Luka and Harden put up far superior stats.

I get that itís a makeup award, but itís not deserved in this situation.

Top 10 most slapped recently  6 days ago '07        #38
Cambury 
space
space
space
Props total: 18026 18 K  Slaps total: 8188 8 K
 Lurker said
Hardenís team lost a game last week, dude. Meloís team went undefeated. Wins and Losses play a huge factor in this award. Itís not just about stats. Both Luka and Hardenís team had a double digit loss at home. I donít understand why yíall not overlooking that.

Blazers were dead in the water. If Melo doesnít ball out like he does, the Blazersí season is practically over. Now, they gained ground and back in the game as far as seeding goes.
Thanks for clarification, player of the week has always been about wins and losses Melo has a case.
+2   

6 days ago '10        #39
hbonnie23 
space
space
Props total: 2094 2 K  Slaps total: 383 383
melo is a gifted scorer... I'm am really happy for him, they tried to do the same thing to iverson and it succeed.. i don't get it they try and force certain dudes out of the league and let bums stay in there
+1   

6 days ago '09        #40
Puppet Master  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 38137 38 K  Slaps total: 12916 12 K
 dirtball said
It's funny how folks in this thread still hate that dude Melo, like don't nobody gaf about Luka & Harden on a daily basis but backwater Texas folk

have you ever been to Houston?

6 days ago '14        #41
Lurker 
space
space
 Cambury said
Thanks for clarification, player of the week has always been about wins and losses Melo has a case.
Facts. The official NBA account even makes that clear.

Got the record in the graphic and everything.
+5   

6 days ago '13        #42
fredfiness 
space
space
 Lurker said
You right, my bad man. I shouldnít have called you a dumbass. Thatís my fault.
All good, appreciate that my g.

Harden still dropped 32 in that loss. Iíll give you Luka since he dropped 20 something and shot god awful percentages.

Someone also mentioned Anthony Davis. He was balling this past week, even had a 40 point game in there.

This award makes sense from a narrative perspective, but not stats wise. Iíd typically expect this kind of decision making for MVP / Finals MVP, not player of the week.

+2   

6 days ago '13        #43
fredfiness 
space
space
 Lurker said
Facts. The official NBA account even makes that clear.

Got the record in the graphic and everything.
Ah, I gotcha. Disregard my earlier post. I didnít realize they weight win/loss records so heavily.
+3   

6 days ago '05        #44
P-Hill|M 
space
space
Props total: 21193 21 K  Slaps total: 1666 1 K
read back through this thread... it's player of the WEEK. Harden and whoever else will sure to get more as the season goes by

6 days ago '14        #45
Lurker 
space
space
 fredfiness said
All good, appreciate that my g.

Harden still dropped 32 in that loss. Iíll give you Luka since he dropped 20 something and shot god awful percentages.

Someone also mentioned Anthony Davis. He was balling this past week, even had a 40 point game in there.

This award makes sense from a narrative perspective, but not stats wise. Iíd typically expect this kind of decision making for MVP / Finals MVP, not player of the week.

At the end of the day, if Harden/Luka/AD had went undefeated...then yes, they wouldíve won it. I agree they played better. BUT Melo has also played outstanding in his own right , I havenít seen Melo play this sharp in YEARS. Heís leaner, quicker, heís moving the ball, heís making quick decisions with the ball, heís efficient, heís active on defense, etc.

The NBA values wins and losses. Portland (a losing team before Melo signed) has found their footing and heís been the best player from a +/- standpoint during this winning streak.

The team was dead in the water. Portlandís season has been saved. I just donít think itís the end of the world that he gets this
+3   

6 days ago '12        #46
Gramz  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x6
space
space
Props total: 35411 35 K  Slaps total: 1665 1 K

6 days ago '14        #47
Jimmy Heights 
space
space
Props total: 6648 6 K  Slaps total: 698 698
Aint know yall n*ggas cared about POTW. Congrats to Melo though
+1   

6 days ago '04        #48
dirtball 
space
space
Props total: 564 564  Slaps total: 224 224
 Puppet Master said

have you ever been to Houston?
I lived in Arlington TX and was all through TX just because there's a Starbucks don't mean nothing lol

6 days ago '16        #49
Blo2Ca 
space
space
Props total: 116 116  Slaps total: 61 61
I really donít get all the Melo hate! The man is one of the best scorers the game ever seen at the PF/SF position, stand up dude on and off the court, good teammate according to everybody whose played with him. No legal issues etc. And mufu*kas talk and treat the man like he ainít a legend cuz of ďpoor defenseĒ which he plays better than people give him credit for. But praise Lou Williams, Jamaal Crawford , Harden etc (all deserved) for same sh*t yíall knock him for. At this stage in his career 32 teams acted as if heís an cancer and not an a*set to a team trying to make a championship push. Better than half the league on offense AND defense but get a bad wrap for reasons Iíll never get.
+2   

6 days ago '17        #50
Samich Eater 
space
space
Props total: 4957 4 K  Slaps total: 916 916
It's hard watching the stat padder/flopper/traveler Harden play. I guess it's more so a reflection of the league and how it allows offense run rampant with these inflated scores and numbers.

Anyways, I'm happy for Melo, a true hooper

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  28
Image(s) inside NBA Youngboy TBG War UPDATE:
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  27
Image(s) inside Oh What a Time.......To be hustler (IT Field)
136 comments
1 day ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+45online now  26
Image(s) inside Hope y'all niggas got full coverage
56 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+31online now  10
Image(s) inside Y'all coppin these Fresh Prince Tees and sweatshirt ? Dope sh-t.
41 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy