Dec 1 - “Black Friday is Dying”: Shopping Malls Turn to “Ghost Towns” Amid Online Shift

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

New replies show every 10 seconds
 3 days ago '14        #51
FukHowYouFeel 
space
space
Props total: 22201 22 K  Slaps total: 4587 4 K
 amarti9 said
Eliminate Student debt

Wage growth should be on Pace with cost of living.

Remove bad credit reporting from 7 to 5 years.

Make credit scoring/history mandatory curriculum for all Junior and seniors in high school.
So you want to be able to not honor your debts, make more money without necessarily providing more value to the job market, and be able to conceal your past delinquencies?

Well 1 idea out of 4 still works I guess...

In today’s society you really think less accountability is needed?
+1   

3 days ago '16        #52
GoCop 
space
space
Props total: 1017 1 K  Slaps total: 191 191
yo truth be told....

I dont even remember Black Friday being a thing like that when I was a kid....
iunno if its cuz I was pretty poor or cuz it WASNT a thing

3 days ago '09        #53
Baynut 
space
space
Props total: 4501 4 K  Slaps total: 424 424
I do all my Black Friday shopping online. Been that way for the past 5 + years.

3 days ago '11        #54
PhantomRaviolis 
space
space
Props total: 3060 3 K  Slaps total: 522 522
People think theyre saving money buying these deals but the jokes on them

cuz they got em to spend money on sh*t they didnt even need in the first place.

Last edited by PhantomRaviolis; 12-02-2019 at 07:32 PM..

3 days ago '17        #55
Poncho520 
space
space
Props total: 4595 4 K  Slaps total: 461 461
 Danger Zone said
Sheit not in my gotdamn city it didnt. sh*t was a warzone. I got caught in the crossfire
Green Acres Mall was flooded bro. I got a Xbox one 2 iPads a Samsung tablet 3 Samsung watches 12 blue Ray's 2 beat headphones 6 fire sticks

sh*t was a zoo. Best Buy and Walmart had some slasher deals.

+1   

3 days ago '04        #56
pocketchange 
space
space
Props total: 18168 18 K  Slaps total: 5885 5 K
I just don't like shopping for clothes online. But if I can go to the store and get the electronics the same day I'd rather do that.

3 days ago '08        #57
606robin 
space
space
Props total: 8616 8 K  Slaps total: 699 699
I haven't been "black friday" shopping at a retail store in almost like 12 years. Seriously, I don't have to wait for a "holiday" when their have been deal sites like SD, FW and Reddit sh*t. That have come ups, every hour, day, week, month and so on. Same n*ggas who shop out there are the same n*ggas, who use the same password for every log in. Or say their "pin to them" when at the checkout

fu*k trying to f*ght people for some sh*t. That doesn't belong to either of us until someone pays lol. You can get every "BF deal" thankgiving day online at 11:59pm. fu*k sitting in the cold, smelling farts, sick people, BO people, potential Incel mass shooting sh*t
+1   

3 days ago '08        #58
bigshock 
space
space
Props total: 570 570  Slaps total: 31 31
 lucifershammer said
I think people go to the mall to socialize then to actually buy stuff. I read somewhere that the average purchase per mall visit was $20
That is high for most retailers. If I remember correctly when I was at Toys R Us that was our average basket goal.
+1   

3 days ago '19        #59
Djay2020 
space
space
space
Props total: 150 150  Slaps total: 35 35
 Daptism said
Ok boomer.

3 days ago '19        #60
Djay2020 
space
space
space
Props total: 150 150  Slaps total: 35 35
 megalomaniacal said
internet k*lling everything financially and socially,

Millinenials just take advantage of it
nope.. wrong... its all the millennials.. hell you fu*king Millennials cant even SPELL millennial correctly... fu*king lazy fu*ks

Its me.. Im the Millennial

2 days ago '15        #61
amarti9 
space
space
space
Props total: 5627 5 K  Slaps total: 441 441
 FukHowYouFeel said
So you want to be able to not honor your debts, make more money without necessarily providing more value to the job market, and be able to conceal your past delinquencies?

Well 1 idea out of 4 still works I guess...

In today’s society you really think less accountability is needed?
Low hanging fruit arguments are always the weakest but you are not wrong about the accountability part. All im asking for is the same opportunity these banks and corporations like the auto industry got after the 2008 recession.

They were bailed out with tax payer money. Given forgiveness after they fu*ked up. Ok you used my money to aid in their second chance well how about everyday average citizens??

I'm not saying wipe out student debt forever. If you accumulate student debt that's on you. But at least give me a chance to start over and make informed decisions.

Is that so hard to understand?

2 days ago '15        #62
amarti9 
space
space
space
Props total: 5627 5 K  Slaps total: 441 441
 pnoi89 said
Aside on emphasizing this with the children, the rest does not address and will only enable the inept general public into repeating the same process with their financial illiteracy.
They won't repeat the process on the student loan debt if they are no longer attending school. So you would be eliminating a major noose around the financial necks of many citizens.

And I would object to the premise they would repeat the cycle of dumb financial decisions. The older we get the more things like houses, morgates, cost of starting and having a family, second car notes, retirements, and medical cost start to come into our mindsets.

I'm not thinking about ANY of that prior to 25 years old. But it's on my mind at 35 with 4 kids etc.

Would there be some dumbass who never learn and squander their second chance? Of course! But I'd argue the vast majority would have learned their lessons when it comes to their money and credit situation after learning over the years what it means to be financially sound vs being reckless.

2 days ago '04        #63
shadow_boxer 
space
space
Props total: 1377 1 K  Slaps total: 173 173
 DUCEDUCE said
Im in LA sh*t was packed everywhere. But one thing I did notice all the black friday deals were just there. Retailers are just making it another shopping day, not like before.
and that's the biggest thing the retailers are not having the deals like they use to.
+1   

2 days ago '05        #64
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 11852 11 K  Slaps total: 1359 1 K
 amarti9 said
They won't repeat the process on the student loan debt if they are no longer attending school. So you would be eliminating a major noose around the financial necks of many citizens.

And I would object to the premise they would repeat the cycle of dumb financial decisions. The older we get the more things like houses, morgates, cost of starting and having a family, second car notes, retirements, and medical cost start to come into our mindsets.

I'm not thinking about ANY of that prior to 25 years old. But it's on my mind at 35 with 4 kids etc.

Would there be some dumbass who never learn and squander their second chance? Of course! But I'd argue the vast majority would have learned their lessons when it comes to their money and credit situation after learning over the years what it means to be financially sound vs being reckless.
Bad marks from our credit get dropped after seven years, unless it’s debt not settled in collections. Most anyone can recover their bad credit history in 7 years, but most are too lazy, too uneducated and/or too unmotivated to figure it out.

2 days ago '16        #65
foshoVoodoo  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 41970 41 K  Slaps total: 9388 9 K
 blah blah blah said
Only bums and dumbasses flood malls
It's funny because the bums think they fancy

17 hrs ago '05        #66
pnoi89 
space
space
Props total: 11852 11 K  Slaps total: 1359 1 K
 BasedGawd said
How's the oilfield looking in Colorado?

I haven't worked since October. Just read that Halliburton laid off 800 people today in Oklahoma.

Not sure on the upstream side, to be honest man. All my work is the midstream side (storage, pipelines and in between).

I'm not surprised though; upstream is EXTREMELY cyclic. While they pay the most overall in the energy industry, staying there is highly volatile.
+1   

16 hrs ago '08        #67
thisguymush 
space
space
space
Props total: 963 963  Slaps total: 353 353
I'm still the guy that likes the store experience.mot a fan of online shopping

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  32
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - Media Silent as US Navy Places $22 Billion Order for Nuclear S..
38 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
+19online now  28
Tesla Cybertruck spotted on the streets
78 comments
2 days ago
@rides
most viewed right now
online now  27
Video inside Did Shazaam ever exist?