cord cutting speeds up as the pay tv mafia scrambles to boost profits

most viewed right now
36 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

New replies show every 10 seconds
 4 weeks ago '19        #76
unit321  75 heat pts75
space
space
$2,500 | Props total: 5966 5966
I cut cable two and half years ago. I just pay for internet. Even though I only had basic cable, it was still expensive.
Now, I use digital antenna to get digital broadcast stations. Minuses: rain storms can affect the signal, which can ruin the watching experience, like the World Series, Super Bowl or other live event.

4 weeks ago '15        #77
414mvp 
space
space
$2,462 | Props total: 3445 3445
 fully_amazing said
I got the GB from Verizon. And I have the firestick hard wired into the router.
Iím just wondering if the service is better on GearTV
Gears TV is awesome in my opinion canít go wrong especially coupled with Mayfair Guide
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #78
Nightwing 
space
space
space
$78 | Props total: 142 142
 RdGZkP said
My IPTV has every single regional sports network as well. There are options out there if you just do the research. Comcast gets $50 from me a month for basic cable and Internet. Pay between$10-20 for IPTV and get every single channel available..

For someone to willingly pay over $200 because of a delay shows they care way more about social media than they should. If you can see the same game everyone else sees 20x cheaper than most n refuse because of a short delay that's wild. Now if the quality of the stream was bad than it's understandable but you get a great HD stream for the cost of just an HD box rental from the cable company.
I've never seen a iptv in my area that has a dvr and LIVE regional sports. I NEVER WATCH SPORTS LIVE ALWAYS ON MY DVR. Internet is just to complicated to set that up if you dont have a updated pc

4 weeks ago '16        #79
deezydee2323 
space
space
$1,509 | Props total: 1361 1361
I was paying At&t $200+

Now I pay $150 for: internet only-Hulu-Netflix-YoutubeTV

Only saved $50 bucks ! Free drinks & extra smokes

4 weeks ago '17        #80
Harasnart  5 heat pts5
space
space
space
$4,079 | Props total: 10474 10474
I only have cable for live sports .

Pretty soon, cable will be called live sports. Only reason why people have it
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #81
bw5011  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 1333 1333
 Javon23 said
I still pay $220 a month for cable (FIOS)
But currently subscribe to 3 different iptv services.
Only reason why I hang on to cable is because of the delay when watching iptv which is up to an average of 45 secs. All streaming services have delays Yes the legit ones too. The day they eliminate that = im all in on iptv.
you pay $220 a month to avoid a 45 sec delay... wow... you must be tight on time, but if that's the case, because time is money, you wouldn't waste $220 to save 45 seconds unless you make more than $220 minute, which is possible. I'll a*sume that.. Salute...

3 weeks ago '04        #82
Javon23  348 heat pts348
space
space
$53,253 | Props total: 26861 26861
 bw5011 said
you pay $220 a month to avoid a 45 sec delay... wow... you must be tight on time, but if that's the case, because time is money, you wouldn't waste $220 to save 45 seconds unless you make more than $220 minute, which is possible. I'll a*sume that.. Salute...
Overall I am paying for the convenience.
And why pay $2,600 for a tv to only run $10 service through it.
I will eventually cut back but overall I have always been a tech nut.
I like to have everything.

This past Tuesday I was in a all hands meeting at work and we went around the table introducing ourselves and also sharing what we are currently watching on tv. Damn near everyone in the room but me name dropped some show on Netflix. I name dropped a show on the History Channel (Food That Built America).
Surrounded by cord cutters im starting to see the light

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '15        #83
Mystic  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
$15,128 | Props total: 34263 34263
 MM3 said
Someone help me out. Trying to cut the cord for my mom who doesn’t want to use Netflix/prime etc. She just wants to turn on the tv and cut to her channel. She ain’t finding sh*t online to stream or using jailbroken fire sticks to find her shows.

What do I do for that? Slingtv? Something else?
The Players Klub is all you need $7 a month

300+ US channels and alot more in other channels around the world(Africa, UK Portuguese etc). Same exact quality you'd get from actual cable from Direct TV, AT&T, Comcast, Charter etc

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '15        #84
space
space
space
 bw5011 said
I don't even get a delay at all with my $7 service so paying $220 for an alleged 45 second delay and really even if that was true, does that even matter?

3 weeks ago '04        #85
Javon23  348 heat pts348
space
space
$53,253 | Props total: 26861 26861
 Mystic said
I don't even get a delay at all with my $7 service
Thats a lie
There is latency on all streaming platforms both legit and black market
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #86
Sick Flair  1 heat pts1
space
space
$707 | Props total: 2396 2396
If one of these companies put out low-cost internet it's for the cable companies. I remember when Comcast jumped into the phone business and AT&T fell off immediately. If I wasn't for cell service they would have drowned but started doing their own cable thing as well. It's always great when sh*t is competitive, the internet has to be the next market to open up.

3 weeks ago '04        #87
bw5011  5 heat pts5
space
space
$3,441 | Props total: 1333 1333
 Javon23 said
Overall I am paying for the convenience.
And why pay $2,600 for a tv to only run $10 service through it.
I will eventually cut back but overall I have always been a tech nut.
I like to have everything.

This past Tuesday I was in a all hands meeting at work and we went around the table introducing ourselves and also sharing what we are currently watching on tv. Damn near everyone in the room but me name dropped some show on Netflix. I name dropped a show on the History Channel (Food That Built America).
Surrounded by cord cutters im starting to see the light
I cut the cord and I what I watch the most is Nat Geo and Discovery. You can cut the cord and still watch what you want.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #88
DoctorNBA  65 heat pts65
space
space
$8,038 | Props total: 7146 7146
 Mystic said
The Players Klub is all you need $7 a month

300+ US channels and alot more in other channels around the world(Africa, UK Portuguese etc). Same exact quality you'd get from actual cable from Direct TV, AT&T, Comcast, Charter etc
Do they have a DVR option?

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '15        #89
space
space
space
 DoctorNBA said
Do they have a DVR option?
I have not seen one but I have not been looking for one also.

3 weeks ago '12        #90
bkkid92  21 heat pts21
space
space
$10,548 | Props total: 7705 7705
I only pay $60 for wifi & watch everything online for free

New replies show every 10 seconds

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+24online now  43
Video inside What Happened To Braxton From 'The Jamie Foxx Show'?
48 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+92online now  38
Carter 5 original leaked...
187 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+37online now  26
Image(s) inside BREAKING: Robert Downey Jr. to reprise his role as Iron Man in Black W..
68 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
The Game owes his entire career to Kanye West
43 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy