How to Treat IT Technicians, According to IT Technicians

most viewed right now
-17  117
45 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tech

2 months ago '07        #26
DIPSET101  31 heat pts31
space
space
$12,091 | Props total: 18885 18885
 DJ Maximum said
this!!! like when I worked at a trucking company the owner would want me to work on his and his wife laptop and other devices

I did it once and then told him if its not a computer in the office and work related, I cannot work on it without an invoice. He called himself getting mad because I didnt do it. Then when bonuses came around he went and handed everyone an envelope except me. Then said something like you wasnt around here long enough to recieve one . From there on I knew exactly I wasnt gonna stay around. Took a 3 Month absence to train for IT certs. They got pissed then I just left. 6 Months later I logged back into their severs using the Owners credentials erased the maintenence files from the server cpu and the backups.

Got damn savage
+9   

2 months ago '09        #27
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$5,031 | Props total: 1087 1087
 DIPSET101 said
After the 901 and 902 expire they bring in the new one which is the core series I believe. Still A+ just a different set of tests. Not sure how different it will be but I'm sure if you're studying the 901 and 902 then it's pretty much useless for the core series.
That's so trash of them to do that maybe I should just skip A+ all together
+1   

2 months ago '07        #28
DIPSET101  31 heat pts31
space
space
 faceoffizhere said
That's so trash of them to do that maybe I should just skip A+ all together
I mean if you feel like you can study hard and pass both tests by the end of the month
[spoiler - click to view]

[spoiler - click to view]

+3   

2 months ago '18        #29
Mr Tibbs 
space
space
$254 | Props total: 598 598
Them some smug a*s IT people in that video.
+1   

2 months ago '08        #30
flav  2 heat pts2
space
space
$5,855 | Props total: 9218 9218
 DJ Maximum said
this!!! like when I worked at a trucking company the owner would want me to work on his and his wife laptop and other devices

I did it once and then told him if its not a computer in the office and work related, I cannot work on it without an invoice. He called himself getting mad because I didnt do it. Then when bonuses came around he went and handed everyone an envelope except me. Then said something like you wasnt around here long enough to recieve one . From there on I knew exactly I wasnt gonna stay around. Took a 3 Month absence to train for IT certs. They got pissed then I just left. 6 Months later I logged back into their severs using the Owners credentials erased the maintenence files from the server cpu and the backups.

bro you're RUTHLESS

but hey... don't mess with the IT guy tho!
+6   

2 months ago '16        #31
Adrian99OVR  6 heat pts6
space
space
space
$1,187 | Props total: 2541 2541
 Hurricane said
As someone that works in the IT field for a while the most annoying thing people do is put urgency on their problems. You may have 20 other issues but they make it a point to let you know that itís a work stoppage. Then if you donít get it done within the time THEY set they will send an email to the entire group to bash you. FYI bi*ches out there that do that if you think that will make someone put emphasis on your issue because of it good luck. sh*t is funny to all of us how people throw tantrums because they arenít getting there way.
That, and then you call them but they're "too busy" to let you remote in and fix it.

faceoffizhere said
So how do I break into IT without a cert.(currently working on it)
Network. Volunteer. Apply at some local (tech-centered) temp agencies like Robert Half.

Or just put that you're studying for whatever cert, with an expected date of completion. They will grill you with the same questions whether you have the cert or not.
+7   

2 months ago '07        #32
DIPSET101  31 heat pts31
space
space
 Adrian99OVR said
That, and then you call them but they're "too busy" to let you remote in and fix it.

Network. Volunteer. Apply at some local (tech-centered) temp agencies like Robert Half.

Or just put that you're studying for whatever cert, with an expected date of completion. They will grill you with the same questions whether you have the cert or not.
Bruh. Job I used to work at. We had a client that would call with a complex problem. Then 2 minutes later say I'm extremely busy can you fix this in a few weeks. Then put on the ticket they next day saying they waiting for the issue to he fixed cause I didnt fix it

Had one person submit a ticket about a problem. Called her right after. She left for the day. Called back the next day and she was on vacation.

I can go on and on and on lol
+10   

2 months ago '09        #33
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$5,031 | Props total: 1087 1087
 Adrian99OVR said

Appreciate you

2 months ago '04        #34
DJ Maximum|M  68 heat pts68
space
space
$47,439 | Props total: 28901 28901
 flav said
bro you're RUTHLESS

but hey... don't mess with the IT guy tho!
i bet they know I did but fu*k it they treated employees like trash I was underpaid and after my 6 months evaluation they didnt want to pay me salary or offer full benefits like everyone else in the office. Only black person there. I was told I was hired to change the culture. Well nothing changed but I had converted their accounting from Mas 90 (Old Program) to Quickbooks. Setup all these maintenance software as well sync with the trucks.

So about 8 months work Ive done Ive reversed for them in 25 min . They got paper copies no digital but that wont help them
+5   

2 months ago '08        #35
J_Clarity13  112 heat pts112
space
space
$7,239 | Props total: 6440 6440
 faceoffizhere said
A+ still trying to figure what route I want to go. I know I wanna get networking not sure about security tho. I actually tried to do geek squad for more experience but they told me I didn't have enough. I just need my foot in the door to get more experience. I do fix computers on the side but I need varieties of tasks.
I got the A+ awhile back got a job in the medical field. Just got N+ cert and looking to get the fu*k out.
+3   

2 months ago '06        #36
Saint Thomas 
space
space
$548 | Props total: 126 126
I already have Sec+ and looking to go grab A+ and Network+ next even though the Sec+ is higher than both. Either way moving into the IT world has been annoying at times with clients i don't regret it. There are so many opportunities out there.
+3   

2 months ago '11        #37
Radio Raheem  14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,543 | Props total: 2195 2195
 faceoffizhere said
So how do I break into IT without a cert.(currently working on it)
Get A+, start looking at help desk type jobs to get experience, lie on your resume if you need to.
+5   

2 months ago '13        #38
fredfiness  5 heat pts5
space
space
$4,432 | Props total: 5525 5525
Video triggered me and made me realize Iíve been sitting on my a*s too long. Studying up for my Network+ and Security+ when I get home.
+6   

2 months ago '07        #39
DIPSET101  31 heat pts31
space
space
 Radio Raheem said
Get A+, start looking at help desk type jobs to get experience, lie on your resume if you need to.
fu*k around and that man get interview based on that lie and his is toast

2 months ago '04        #40
JJH35  19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,298 | Props total: 1641 1641
Have had multiple diff roles in "IT"...low level - "desktop support" - management and high level roles (before I left the corp world). This discussion is mostly about the IT Techs in the sense of desktop support as I see it.

The "create a ticket" is there for a reason, whether the users on the floor want to deal with the help desk or not for many reasons.

1. It's not my job as the person that might have to fix/diagnose/replace/repair the equipment to triage if this is even an issue for our dept. The help desk needs to determine this issue is desktop support or not.

2. I might be too busy to ever get to you that day, even if it's simple...or another tech might be avail. to come fix it. I might be off-site, etc. Make the ticket so it can be either pulled from the queue or a*signed.

No matter how many times they asked I never gave them desk or blackberry number at that time. I was confident when I fixed it, it would't come back. But if it did I would typically pull the ticket as soon as I saw it come in. But you are not getting direct access to me from a call or throwing my name in the help desk call.

This also required help desk training because they would make tickets saying X called in and say I came up there before and are requesting me again. We had to train the help desk not to a*sign sh*t like this to us if it was completely unrelated to previous issues.
----
Most "end users" or in my case, users on the floor don't have a clue what the SLA times are or what constitutes a "high" call. 1 mobile cart down is not a high call, nor did it take priority over "VIPs" (CEO, CIO, VPs, etc). So even if they put the bullsh*t "needs fixed STAT" in the ticket, I'd just go in an edit the ticket if it was just some bi*ch too lazy.
----

Just a skim reply from me clearly, too many stories or things to talk about in IT within the corp world. reddit.com/r/sysadmin is always has some retro reads for me, having been in many areas of the field.

I never really took offense from agitation, anger, pissy end users (always worked in medical/hospital type environments) other than 1 Doctor that I'd never met, when I arrived for his "high call" for the same BS issue he constantly caused himself. He was cursing at me the second I walked in his office, I said..."nope you don't speak to me that way, I got here in 5 minutes...I'll have my boss send someone else down to look at it".
+10   

2 months ago '17        #41
DavidTheMan 
space
space
space
$451 | Props total: 736 736
If you are starting, I encourage you to do the client facing roles.
It sucks, but you get the best view of the organization and what the systems do and who is using the systems, than if you were in a backend role, where people tend to get tunnel vision, if thats all they know or they have done it for a long time.
+3   

2 months ago '08        #42
606robin  29 heat pts29
space
space
$7,326 | Props total: 7933 7933
I have a CompTIA A+ voucher for sale. It expires in August, but selling for cheap now. HMU (OG active Accounts only, sorry new bloods)

2 months ago '08        #43
606robin  29 heat pts29
space
space
90% of issues, could be solved with a simple google search before submitting a ticket. I put blame on a lot of baby boomers, who somehow believe Google is the devil, yet can't figure out to connect accessories when it has wording, and pictures. "No Jane, AP3's aren't the apple version of MP3s". Smh...
+7   

2 months ago '09        #44
markee  30 heat pts30
space
space
$3,563 | Props total: 148 148
Or how about the users who create a ticket an hour before they are scheduled to take a vacation so that the ticket can age and be closed for no user reply, then reopens the ticket as unresolved once they return.... smh
+1   

2 months ago '08        #45
606robin  29 heat pts29
space
space
Remedy chronicle pains v1...
+1   

2 months ago '07        #46
carltouss619  8 heat pts8
space
space
$9,929 | Props total: 1437 1437
 Hurricane said
As someone that works in the IT field for a while the most annoying thing people do is put urgency on their problems. You may have 20 other issues but they make it a point to let you know that itís a work stoppage. Then if you donít get it done within the time THEY set they will send an email to the entire group to bash you. FYI bi*ches out there that do that if you think that will make someone put emphasis on your issue because of it good luck. sh*t is funny to all of us how people throw tantrums because they arenít getting there way.
This!
+2   

2 months ago '07        #47
carltouss619  8 heat pts8
space
space
$9,929 | Props total: 1437 1437
 fredfiness said
Video triggered me and made me realize Iíve been sitting on my a*s too long. Studying up for my Network+ and Security+ when I get home.
Let's go. Get it!
+1   

2 months ago '08        #48
Kewop Decam  100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$19,334 | Props total: 18963 18963
the IT dude at my job needs his own TV show. He is the damn worst, knows nothing about computers, and be making some hilarious excuses to not even to attempt to fix sh*t.

Then he be breaking sh*t all by himself, acting like he didn't do it, then pretend like it never happened so he doesn't have to fix it.

Worse part, I know computer VERY well and end up having to fix half the bullsh*t while still doing my regular job.

Dude is fu*king frustrating but hilarious at the same time. He's like fu*king 70 years old too and won't go away.

2 months ago '11        #49
Radio Raheem  14 heat pts14
space
space
$5,543 | Props total: 2195 2195
 DIPSET101 said
fu*k around and that man get interview based on that lie and his is toast
That's what Google and YouTube for. Gotta prep before hand
+3   

2 months ago '04        #50
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$6,413 | Props total: 4896 4896
that old adage "if u want respect u gotta earn" it applies here as well

if they really doing something critical, ppl will appreciate

the fact that ordinary ppl dont respect what they do cuz they dont understand the intricacies/expertise thats required to get that job done is BS. do ppl exactly understand what brain surgeons and rocket scientists do, too?

if youre stuck in a windowless cell surrounded by miles of cables that will make sure you wont procreate, the system you very much adore have decided that situation is exactly what you deserve for the kind/amount of tasks you're handling. not a single ounce more
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+25online now  53
Video inside What Happened To Braxton From 'The Jamie Foxx Show'?
50 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+39online now  38
Image(s) inside BREAKING: Robert Downey Jr. to reprise his role as Iron Man in Black W..
68 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+92online now  30
Carter 5 original leaked...
187 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
-84online now  6
Image(s) inside Larry Johnson outchea exposing Meg the Stallion