Lupe Fiasco Says "97% Of Hip Hop Is Terrible," Praises Drake & Slaughterhouse

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
177 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
26 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #141
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,209 | Props total: 24679 24679
 Isiah61 said:
I was talking about this with my (non Black, doesn't really listen rap) friend and said the same thing and I had no reply. Outside of Hip Hop I can't think of any hate, beef, or disses.
^^^^nirvana hated pearl jam. Metallica and nirvana hated guns and roses. godsmack hates motely crue. i could keep goin but you get the point. Rock bands hate on each other but alot quieter
 5 years ago '11        #142
The Rhyming Ape 57 heat pts57
space
space
$13,209 | Props total: 24679 24679
 Young Professa said:
shocked that a lyrical n*gga like lupe fails to mention nas as one of his early influences

he mentioned it was written in hurt me soul and slr.
 07-27-2012, 09:39 AM         #143
3rdcoasta 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
salty a.ss n*gga still complaining? Lupe lost.
 5 years ago '06        #144
JamesAdamsIz808 2 heat pts
space
space
$10,173 | Props total: 190 190
Truth.com
 5 years ago '04        #145
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
$391 | Props total: 0 0
This forum needs a section for rock & metal discussions. Anyway, Eddie & Kurt squashed all that "hate." Everybody should hate Motely Crue & Godsmack, they are horrible and show the worst forms of what "rock music" is really about . But the difference is, most of the "hate" in rock music was aimed towards the music, not the individuals. If people were putting out half-ass music and getting away with it, some of the more "real" artists were annoyed by it and called them out on it. It was rarely ever a "beef." More so just competition and challenging each other. All of those "grunge era" bands that came out of Seattle got along great. They all worked together and helped each other for the most part.
 07-27-2012, 09:46 AM         #146
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Real said:
This forum needs a section for rock & metal discussions. Anyway, Eddie & Kurt squashed all that "hate." Everybody should hate Motely Crue & Godsmack, they are horrible and show the worst forms of what "rock music" is really about . But the difference is, most of the "hate" in rock music was aimed towards the music, not the individuals. If people were putting out half-ass music and getting away with it, some of the more "real" artists were annoyed by it and called them out on it. It was rarely ever a "beef." More so just competition and challenging each other. All of those "grunge era" bands that came out of Seattle got along great. They all worked together and helped each other for the most part.
totally agree.

and we really do need a rock/metal section.
 07-27-2012, 09:47 AM         #147
keysersoze0 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Rhyming Ape said:
he mentioned it was written in hurt me soul and slr.
Lupe said in an old interview that he considered It Was Written to be the "perfect"/Goat album. He also has called Nas the GOAT on several different occasions.
 07-27-2012, 10:18 AM         #148
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Real said:
Just curious, who all was beefing during the grunge era?
Nirvana beefing with Pearl Jam
Plus remember back in the day when Pearl Jam and Nirvana and them kids were hot and all the older more "traditional" rock bands were all actin' fish? Same as Hip Hop. You just dont hear about it like that from rock like that. But heres some more
 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM         #149
blackdynamite1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Word!
 5 years ago '04        #150
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Nirvana beefing with Pearl Jam
Plus remember back in the day when Pearl Jam and Nirvana and them kids were hot and all the older more "traditional" rock bands were all actin' fish? Same as Hip Hop. You just dont hear about it like that from rock like that. But heres some more
Yeah, the reason you don't hear about them as much is because most of these weren't real "beefs." It all always pertained to the music somehow. Where as in rap/hip-hop, cats just call each other out and cuss each other out for any random petty sh*t that's going to get them some attention. Nobody really gives a sh*t about the music. There's still a few rock artists that do this too, but not nearly to the degree of what it is with rap. You can tell the cats who really care about their art. If the artists of these genres start going back to focusing on the music and caring about their craft like they use too, there would be way less of these petty BS "beefs" going on, and more quality music could come about.
 5 years ago '06        #151
Drumatic50 16 heat pts16
space
space
$5,685 | Props total: 927 927
New rap is trash, everything sounds the same and all it is are hot beats with garbage lyrics.
 07-27-2012, 12:13 PM         #152
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Real said:
Yeah, the reason you don't hear about them as much is because most of these weren't real "beefs." It all always pertained to the music somehow. Where as in rap/hip-hop, cats just call each other out and cuss each other out for any random petty sh*t that's going to get them some attention. Nobody really gives a sh*t about the music. There's still a few rock artists that do this too, but not nearly to the degree of what it is with rap. You can tell the cats who really care about their art. If the artists of these genres start going back to focusing on the music and caring about their craft like they use too, there would be way less of these petty BS "beefs" going on, and more quality music could come about.
Yeah I agree with you but back in the day before Pac and Big dying that was pretty much Hip Hop in a nutshell. Battle and sh*t. Rep where you from. Call a dude out for coming off as whack. The thing about Hip Hop is and what will always be the problem for years and years to come, is its strictly about money. Too easy to get a little shine in Hip Hop now therefore muthfuhkas arent even giving a sh*t about quality.

swayze said:
It's about 20 peeps in this thread that have no business even commenting on Hip -hop . The Eminem stans (white boys ) need to calm down. Everybody understands he's the only one you have at this point,and yes he can put a bunch of crazy a.ss words together .Yeah he has the best delivery any white rapper has ever had,but lets be honest Em sh*t is corny AF in 2012. I actually bought the SS Lp and MM about 2 times a piece so i know wtf im talking about... I can't see listening to a EM CD in full now a days...Lupe keep it 100 for the most part but it's clear this is his way of promoting .
To this day I cannot se how anyone can sit and listen to an entire Eminem album without skipping through half the songs. Dide is nice but I gotta take his sh*t in small doses. Very small doses.
 07-27-2012, 12:57 PM         #153
KnockinOnHD2001 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So what is the 3% that's keeping it alive
 5 years ago '04        #154
Real 2 heat pts
space
space
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Yeah I agree with you but back in the day before Pac and Big dying that was pretty much Hip Hop in a nutshell. Battle and sh*t. Rep where you from. Call a dude out for coming off as whack. The thing about Hip Hop is and what will always be the problem for years and years to come, is its strictly about money. Too easy to get a little shine in Hip Hop now therefore muthfuhkas arent even giving a sh*t about quality.

To this day I cannot se how anyone can sit and listen to an entire Eminem album without skipping through half the songs. Dide is nice but I gotta take his sh*t in small doses. Very small doses.
Exactly. I agree with everything here.
 5 years ago '06        #155
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
 Young Professa said:
shocked that a lyrical n*gga like lupe fails to mention nas as one of his early influences

He just had an interview with sway saying that his rap name comes from the the Firm's song titled Firm Fiasco, not to mention he had a mixtape called it was written. He gives nas props in a lot of his music so Nas was definitely an influence.
 5 years ago '12        #156
Rumpleforeskin 
space
space
space
$189 | Props total: 1 1
If you like Drake, you're a sissy. End of story.
 5 years ago '06        #157
Fiya Starter 4 heat pts
space
space
$850 | Props total: 32 32
99% of the game only fu*kking with Chainz b/c he hot right now similar to gucci mane was a couple years ago. They asked Lu about chainz after premiering birthday song on the radio while he was in studio. What did they expect a artist of Lupe's caliber to say. He kept it 100% and said that shyt was trash, I listened to it afterwards and I agree, yeezy verse was cool but to chainz was awful.

Also he didnt say 97% of the rappers are garbage, but 97% of the content is garbage. No matter if you like lupe or not one thing you can't take away is the content of his music. No other rapper out right now has as much substance to their material as dude. That being said Lasers was a very mediocre, but lets not act like rappers don't slip up and drop weak albums sometimes. Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem, Common, etc all have a couple albums that we could do without. So for right now I'm gone give him a pass on Lasers and see what he has to offer of FL2.

So far I'm feeling Around My Way, Bytch bad is cool but nothing special. Although I'm glad it is getting a lot of airplay. I think I heard Go To Sleep was gonna be on the album also.
 5 years ago '11        #158
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,856 | Props total: 1454 1454
Lupe never lied. To be honest never bought a Lupe Fiasco album in my life but I have heard some of his music I might just buy F&L2.
 5 years ago '05        #159
DanBootleg 210 heat pts210
space
space
$18,772 | Props total: 8933 8933
 tupacnasfan said:
Rap and hip-hop has been dreadful for the past 15 to 16 years, ever since the deaths of pac and biggie and I Will say it again.
Your parents didn't love you enough did they?
 07-28-2012, 12:06 PM         #160
Kakarot 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all black everything >>>> the albums of those 97% of hip hop. so even if lasers was a dud compared 2 f&l or the cool its still MUCH better than the sht bx raves about everyday
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
86 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
90 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
94 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy