BREAKING: SONY (Once Again) Skipping E3 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-20  41
137 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
242 comments @movies

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

6 days ago '18        #26
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 9595 9 K  Slaps total: 3777 3 K
 cuzjuan said
ur very weird bro!
U wasteman innit

6 days ago '04        #27
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
Props total: 4562 4 K  Slaps total: 2035 2 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Microsoft will be doing this soon too. E3 just doesnít make sense anymore when these companies can stream conferences on their own accord or just release trailers at the drop of a hat.
maybe, but theres something to be said about human interaction and face to face experiences...

i think MS will be in it for a bit still... to the end of this gen (atleast)

6 days ago '04        #28
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
not since 2017 I believe.

man THIS IS CRAZY my bro just said that Sony was gonna pull that sh*t again like 3 weeks ago and I laughed in his face like "nah They got new hardware coming out they have to be there"

Sony may feel like They've out grown e3, especially at their last showing and how It was received by media and fans. they may feel like they are big enough to do this sh*t on their own I hope they not back in their ps3 arrogant bag, but we'll see

I'm bummed out tho I looked forward to them being there, I like that aggressive energy they bring always made for dope years watching them and M$ play chess n sh*t, but whatever they choose to do I just wanna see the ps5 and what its about
yeah it a shame on the whole... i basically plan my week around the first few days of E3... it really sucks that they doing this cause of beef with the ESA, like grow the fu*k up and get some balls SONY...

it's unfortunate that their stance on E3 is reflecting their stance of late... NOT WANTING TO SHARE THEIR PLATFORM WITH ANYONE (unless you conform to their agenda)... but its about the fans..

some may think last E3 didnt hurt tham, but it kinda did because xbox has gained major ground since then and im quite sure they could have staved off some of xbox's momentum if they had actually showed up...

well see what they got planned tho, still sucks about E3 tho, that bums me out!
+1   

6 days ago '04        #29
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
Honestly E3 at this point should just stop

The way the world is connected with social media and YouTube. All these giant game corporations can have they own expo: either fully online like Nintendo does with they directs or save they money and put on they own show instead of going through E3

All gaming companies should follow suit

Nintendo been ahead of the game
you guys have no idea about business, you can tell by the things u say....
nothing BEATS face to face promotion and marketing...the impact is measurable.

playing games that u cant play online yet only in person...
gamescom in in europe not every one can do that... if you in USA its easy to state jump even from canada or mexico...

but hell think what u want... everybody just talking about because it dont mean nothing right? its no big deal right? yea aight!

6 days ago '04        #30
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Chuck_Remixed said
E3 has increasingly become irrelevant. Theirs so many events now that Sony can choose to do. Only MS is left doing this sh*t of the big 3. Theirs suppose to be more publishers pulling out this year too. The doxx sh*t last year left a lot of people with a bad taste in there mouths too.
im amazed how yall love to skew numbers....

a concert with 60k attendees is a whole under taking... but doing 60-80k at a convention is irrelavant... yall some jokers man..

60k people watching twitch games from around the world... is so huge but to do it with real live ppl, so irrelavant... smh

sports games fill stadiums with less and is an achievement... but in the game industry its irrelavant...

please none of yall go into business, yall dont seem to grasp whats significant...
and the only reason SONY is backing out, is not cause of relavancy or money..
it;s because they are being shallow not thinking of their customer missing out due to them BEEFING with the ESA
+1   

6 days ago '19        #31
Feti Mac 
space
space
Props total: 1490 1 K  Slaps total: 657 657

+2   

6 days ago '04        #32
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 1Oh said
It makes sense for these big companies to have their own expos during the year, but I do think there should be at least one event where everyone in the gaming space congregates under one roof. It's good for the fans, it's good for industry networking, and it's good competitively for all of the studios.

If Sony wants to do this sh*t just to prep PS5, fine. But I dont think they should make it a habit to skip E3, or any event where they have to share space.
finally some one who understand how significant conventions are to business especially when comes to tech and entertainment....

every other industry fans see this, but nut sucking SONY stans cant see that this no matter their reasoning is not good for gaming on a whole!

just because sony decides to do this, doesnt make it a good thing
+1   

6 days ago '04        #33
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 SFamilyRep said
You may be right about them last having an event in 2017....but I believe theyíll have one this year....2017 we didnít debut any new hardware like what weíre getting with the PS5. To be honest they donít need to do an event every year
no, its official.. they are BEEFING with the ESA...

so...

NO E3 2020 for playstation!

6 days ago '04        #34
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Skateboard T said
Nobody console makers go hard at e3 anymore. Itís all about their own shows.
xbox and other developers go hard, i dont know if youve noticed... but
the last 3-5 years now developers are going extra hard on their own holding thier own pressers as well...

it shows how much the industry has grown that DEVS on their own are makign so many games at once they dont need to have a publisher/console maker to promote their wares...

thats what that means..

6 days ago '04        #35
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 snaxxx said
Sony doesnít need E3 period .... E3 needs Sony
youre delusional....

how can one console maker be bigger than the industry that they are in?

this gen okay they equate to 45-50% of the market

but that hasnt been the case in the past....
and may not be the case in the very near future especially if they dont get their streaming up and ready to compete!

2 billion potential gamers out there buddy... 100M doesnt sneeze at those numbers...

6 days ago '15        #36
RickJamez 
space
space
Props total: 4023 4 K  Slaps total: 747 747
Playstation taking notes from the goat Rockstar.
Rockstar never has bin to E3 and look at the success rockstar has.
+1   

6 days ago '04        #37
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
I agree with that they don't need one every year if they stay consistent with the state of play sh*t, but they really need one for the ps5 its too many questions right now.

what does it look like?
what are the specs?
what's the price gone be?
when's the release date?

sure they could do a state of play and knock this out but I prefer the stage for sh*t like that
exactly

6 days ago '04        #38
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 kickzrme said
Sony not gonna be there...so that mean Xbox can put on a show...they probably won't tho cause Xbox not really making games for gamers...they need to cut out all that kiddie animation sh*t and bring some heat for the series x
they will, but will be a mix... initiative working on a AAAA game.. halo looks amazing so does senuas saga and so will forza series..

the games will look great on both..
im more concerned gameplay and storylines...

im barely worried about graphics at this point

6 days ago '04        #39
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 NewLegends said
From a marketing standpoint, Sony is already winning the next generation.
no they not.. do u even know what marketing is?

they debuted a logo... and teaser for god fall and both were widely ridiculed..
saving grace is BC

xbox gave you a console trailer launch game trailers (halo, senua) n in game graphics running on xsx engines... all 3 widely heralded..

add the xplay announcements, and console specs xbox is outta here right now...

and if sony doesnt bring the heat soon xbox just has to show games at E3...
they are literally falling behind as of now sony is

6 days ago '15        #40
CALL AGAIN 
space
space
Props total: 7819 7 K  Slaps total: 1243 1 K
What the fu*k is a console?

6 days ago '04        #41
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 WeedCanuckman said
U wasteman innit
so ur canadian acting like a british yute....
cool story bro...

as i said, ur very weird!

they talk like that no where in canada weirdo!

like give TOP BOY a rest my yute... u on some imaginary gangsta BS

infact keep yapping..

i know u must be widely respected for your unique vernacular in your real life social life

Last edited by cuzjuan; 01-14-2020 at 11:40 PM..
+1   

6 days ago '04        #42
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 cuzjuan said
so ur canadian acting like a british yute....
cool story bro...

as i said, ur very weird!

they talk like that no where in canada weirdo!

like give TOP BOY a rest my yute... u on some imaginary gangsta BS
infact keep yapping..

i know u must be widely respected for your unique vernacular in your real life social life

6 days ago '04        #43
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 RickJamez said
Playstation taking notes from the goat Rockstar.
Rockstar never has bin to E3 and look at the success rockstar has.
i guess well see..but sony should rely on innovation rather then following suit
+1   

6 days ago '05        #44
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 9707 9 K  Slaps total: 433 433
 cuzjuan said
im amazed how yall love to skew numbers....

a concert with 60k attendees is a whole under taking... but doing 60-80k at a convention is irrelavant... yall some jokers man..

60k people watching twitch games from around the world... is so huge but to do it with real live ppl, so irrelavant... smh

sports games fill stadiums with less and is an achievement... but in the game industry its irrelavant...

please none of yall go into business, yall dont seem to grasp whats significant...
and the only reason SONY is backing out, is not cause of relavancy or money..
it;s because they are being shallow not thinkig of their customer missing out due to them BEEFING with the ESA
You said a whole bunch of nothing. Where ever and whenever Sony host their sh*t or sh*ts;), the views will follow. Nothing is more evident than that that when Sony posted a freaken logo on their instagram that got 5,000,000 on instagram plus likes in a couple days with 140k comments. You can save the beef talk with the ESA. Jason Schierer has already said E3 was half empty last year. Meaning interest in the show has dwindled from a industry/publisher perspective. Information has change, theirs so many ways to be just as effective or even more so if your Sony without E3. You thinking Sony doesn't care is pretty laughable. It's ok, we get it. MS loves it's customers because they are attending E3 unlike Sony.....

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 01-14-2020 at 11:59 PM..

6 days ago '12        #45
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 81176 81 K  Slaps total: 13393 13 K
 cuzjuan said
you guys have no idea about business, you can tell by the things u say....
nothing BEATS face to face promotion and marketing...the impact is measurable.

playing games that u cant play online yet only in person...
gamescom in in europe not every one can do that... if you in USA its easy to state jump even from canada or mexico...

but hell think what u want... everybody just talking about because it dont mean nothing right? its no big deal right? yea aight!
I hear you brah

But the impact sony and other companies can make are prolly about equal if they did it on their own. Look at Nintendo. Sht ain’t nothing for them to book they own event and show off games. Why go with a 3rd party.

I def understand the networking aspect having all different type of journalaslist and other game companies around but the way the world set up and social media. Sht ain’t gone be that hard to do it on they own
+1   

6 days ago '18        #46
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23162 23 K  Slaps total: 8189 8 K
I'm getting ps3 type vibes with this new console.They dont want e3...ok we'll take it.

6 days ago '04        #47
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 AlBooBoo said
I hear you brah

But the impact sony and other companies can make are prolly about equal if they did it on their own. Look at Nintendo. Sht ainít nothing for them to book they own event and show off games. Why go with a 3rd party.

I def understand the networking aspect having all different type of journalaslist and other game companies around but the way the world set up and social media. Sht ainít gone be that hard to do it on they own
okay putting it that way i more see what you saying...

but nintendo still doing they direct around e3 which means the time that is significant to do it is... around e3.. so why not just say youll be at e3..

same with sony, im sure they wont go completely dark at e3.. it would literally be bad business if they didnt show off when literally the world is watching...

im pretty sure they will hold a state of play around same time as e3.. then why not just say he will be at e3... they using the notoriety and focused eyeballs to promote their own state of play... so give they credit where its due or stay silent the whole e3, but they wont....

in hip hop it's called wave jumping... when an artist does that... but they still using e3 buzz to promote they sh*t... just do e3 you fu*king a**holes and play nice.. god damnit

6 days ago '04        #48
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Chuck_Remixed said
You said a whole bunch of nothing. Where ever and whenever Sony host their sh*t or sh*ts;), the views will follow. Nothing is more evident than that that when Sony posted a freaken logo on their instagram that got 5,000,000 on instagram plus likes in a couple days with 140k comments. You can save the beef talk with the ESA. Jason Schierer has already said E3 was half empty last year. Meaning interest in the show has dwindled from a industry/publisher perspective. Information has change, theirs so many ways to be just as effective or even more so if your Sony without E3. You thinking Sony doesn't care is pretty laughable. It's ok, we get it. MS loves it's customers because they are attending E3 unlike Sony.....
if my reply was filled with nothing, yours was filled with less there of..

if sony equals 45-50 of console gaming market... it makes sense that half the ppl were there from the last time no? thats pure simple math...

if they attended, would e3 be more relavant... of coarse it would... it would scale to interest.. but if xbox was there and only 50% ppl showed up, that would prove that xbox keeps approx. 50% interest in the convention (console wise)...

but is this good for the gaming industry, seeing something thats supposed to unify and magnify interest.. being broken up by one of the bigger entries... no it does not... and as a industry event its not good at all if it goes away...

let yall tell it... e3 wouldnt exist with out sony... smh when e3 prolly owes more to nintendo and sega than any other console makers.

6 days ago '05        #49
Chuck_Remixed 
space
space
Props total: 9707 9 K  Slaps total: 433 433
 cuzjuan said
if my reply was filled with nothing, yours was filled with less there of..

if sony equals 45-50 of console gaming market... it makes sense that half the ppl were there from the last time no? thats pure simple math...

if they attended, would e3 be more relavant... of coarse it would... it would scale to interest.. but if xbox was there and only 50% ppl showed up, that would prove that xbox keeps approx. 50% interest in the convention (console wise)...

but is this good for the gaming industry, seeing something thats supposed to unify and magnify interest.. being broken up by one of the bigger entries... no it does not... and as a industry event its not good at all if it goes away...

let yall tell it... e3 wouldnt exist with out sony... smh when e3 prolly owes more to nintendo and sega than any other console makers.
It wasn't just that Sony wasn't there, that was what Jason was eluding to in his tweet. It's not that hard to figure out. ESA has to figure out their own situation. Theirs many more events outside of E3, it's up the ESA to make it stay relevant. Not Sony nor Nintendo. I'll reiterate for the last time, Sony will make it's move when it does. The eyeballs will follow it, it doesn't have to be at E3 anymore to be as effective as they need to be. May suck for E3 but that's what they have chosen. MS will have to floor to themselves like last year, maybe they'll actually make waves this time around.
+1   

6 days ago '12        #50
AlBooBoo 
space
space
Props total: 81176 81 K  Slaps total: 13393 13 K
 cuzjuan said
okay putting it that way i more see what you saying...

but nintendo still doing they direct around e3 which means the time that is significant to do it is... around e3.. so why not just say youll be at e3..

same with sony, im sure they wont go completely dark at e3.. it would literally be bad business if they didnt show off when literally the world is watching...

im pretty sure they will hold a state of play around same time as e3.. then why not just say he will be at e3... they using the notoriety and focused eyeballs to promote their own state of play... so give they credit where its due or stay silent the whole e3, but they wont....

in hip hop it's called wave jumping... when an artist does that... but they still using e3 buzz to promote they sh*t... just do e3 you fu*king a**holes and play nice.. god damnit
Your definitely not wrong with that point. They def using e3 notoriety for the publicity

Iím just saying at this point I think they have outgrown it to an extent. I ainít saying that E3 isnít important. Itís just a different time

Nintendo does directs all throughout the year. I think other about to follow suit
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-47online now  24
REAL OR FAKE NEWS? Woman in OTF Dede's cam video killed!
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  23
Image(s) inside Big Gipp of Goodie Mob said he saw Shaq, Bone Thugs got robbed in L.A.
20 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+66online now  9
Image(s) inside Somebody Need To Pump The Brakes On These Griselda Niggas
169 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+58online now  7
Video inside God, they donít make reality TV shows like they used to. If Twitter was..
108 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy