You think you are nice at Zelda: BOTW because you beat it?

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
121 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '18        #26
S-Class 
space
space
Props total: 20093 20 K  Slaps total: 2181 2 K
 blackninja said
Zelda: BOTW was and fully deserved to be Game of the Year. Only issue I have with it is that it's graphics are average and far behind the PS4 and XBOX1. But that is diminished by stellar, portable gameplay.
I hear ya ,ima have to cop a switch one of these days
+1   

1 week ago '04        #27
cold_young_thug  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6551 6 K  Slaps total: 1540 1 K
 blackninja said
Yes. It is not an easy game, but I am damn near positive that after you figured them out, you no longer even get hit by the lynels. People do not realize that after you go though all of those expansion pack trials where it is battle after battle your skills are tempered.

One thing i did not like was how they did not let the game go on after you beat Ganon. You always revert back to you last save before your final battle and have to go on from there. I say that because they put the "end point" of Mario right in the middle of the game and after you "beat it" the game opens up. It is like they learned from how they messed up with Zelda.

It would have been great if after you beat Ganon they let you explore the freeded Hyrule and could still complete all of the quests, including the EP, that you did not do. And they could have added an EP for after beating Ganon like they have done on so many other games like GTA.

so what are u saying beat all the sh*t before the final boss battle or go back to the prior save right before the f*ght? i've never beate and probably never will. Too involved for me.

1 week ago '04        #28
|-young-| 
space
space
space
Props total: 907 907  Slaps total: 219 219
 pxssykxlla said
I would love to play this but I can't see myself spending money on Switch just for this. If there was at least 5 solid joints on there, maybe.
Solid?

1. BOTW
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Maker 2
4. Smash Bros
5. Mario Kart 8

6. Cuphead
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. 1-2 Switch

There's also a ton of dope indie games. Don't buy Switch Lite tho, that sh*t is pointless, IMO.
+5   

1 week ago '05        #29
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14637 14 K  Slaps total: 1454 1 K
 cold_young_thug said
so what are u saying beat all the sh*t before the final boss battle or go back to the prior save right before the f*ght? i've never beate and probably never will. Too involved for me.
As far as I know, It does not matter. BOTW does not do an actual save after you beat Ganon. After you do beat it and want to play again, your only option is to play one of your previous saves where you can continue completing quests and even beat it again.

On the other hand, Mario continues with an extended game after you "beat" it.

Cambury said
See and this is why I never went to f*ght Ganon because I felt like I had so much more to do.
Read the above. You are good.

Last edited by blackninja; 01-13-2020 at 05:20 PM..
+2   

1 week ago '05        #30
blackninja 
space
space
 pxssykxlla said
I would love to play this but I can't see myself spending money on Switch just for this. If there was at least 5 solid joints on there, maybe.
 |-young-| said
Solid?

1. BOTW
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Super Mario Maker 2
4. Smash Bros
5. Mario Kart 8

6. Cuphead
7. Luigi's Mansion
8. 1-2 Switch

There's also a ton of dope indie games. Don't buy Switch Lite tho, that sh*t is pointless, IMO.
Don't forget:

ASTRAL CHAIN
Bayonetta
Bayonetta 2
Upcoming Bayonetta 3

1 week ago '07        #31
Cambury 
space
space
space
Props total: 18762 18 K  Slaps total: 8381 8 K
 bangaondatrack said
Thats real talk. Most people who actually finished the game played similar to this. . . this dude prolly plays this sh*t 6 hours a day so he's crazy insane at it.

BOTW was not a easy game by any means and it forced you to learn mechanics

I can shield parry guardians without even thinking about it. . . well prolly not anymore I havent played this sh*t in a long time
I was jus thinking I haven't played in 2 years if I picked up the sticks I'd prolly be trash and I was about to head into the castle when i stopped playing.

1 week ago '07        #32
Cambury 
space
space
space
Props total: 18762 18 K  Slaps total: 8381 8 K
 blackninja said
Yes. It is not an easy game, but I am damn near positive that after you figured them out, you no longer even get hit by the lynels. People do not realize that after you go though all of those expansion pack trials where it is battle after battle your skills are tempered.

One thing i did not like was how they did not let the game go on after you beat Ganon. You always revert back to you last save before your final battle and have to go on from there. I say that because they put the "end point" of Mario right in the middle of the game and after you "beat it" the game opens up. It is like they learned from how they messed up with Zelda.

It would have been great if after you beat Ganon they let you explore the freeded Hyrule and could still complete all of the quests, including the EP, that you did not do. And they could have added an EP for after beating Ganon like they have done on so many other games like GTA.

See and this is why I never went to f*ght Ganon because I felt like I had so much more to do.
+1   

1 week ago '07        #33
joshdogg26 
space
space
Props total: 18680 18 K  Slaps total: 2090 2 K
this is mad extra but i know gold enemies on hero mode are intense. in the regular game it was just dodge flurry dodge flurry, arrow to face, rinse and repeat.

I 100% beat the original game (all korok seeds and map locations), and got all equipment fully upgraded (those stars were a bi*ch). even bought cheap NFC tags to spoof the amiibo sh*t, and I was pretty mad that there aren't enough spots for every piece of equipment. after that, I was totally done with it so was never up for another playthrough.

when I hacked my switch I did edit my stamina wheel to be full because it annoyed the sh*t out of me that you came up just a few upgrades short of maxing out hearts and stamina.

7 days ago '14        #34
Bando Jonez 
space
space
Props total: 6903 6 K  Slaps total: 1799 1 K
Most impressive button combo was Shield Flip into Downward Thrust...

This sh*t is nuts...

5 days ago '11        #35
inthezone  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 10193 10 K  Slaps total: 3833 3 K
 bangaondatrack said
Thats real talk. Most people who actually finished the game played similar to this. . . this dude prolly plays this sh*t 6 hours a day so he's crazy insane at it.

BOTW was not a easy game by any means and it forced you to learn mechanics

I can shield parry guardians without even thinking about it. . . well prolly not anymore I havent played this sh*t in a long time
I didn’t play anywhere near that skill level
My approach was a lot more safely calculated and drawn out
Tbh I only used YouTube when I got to the lost woods

While botw wasn’t easy it also wasn’t hard

Last edited by inthezone; 01-18-2020 at 05:31 PM..

5 days ago '06        #36
Kingme 
space
space
Props total: 14798 14 K  Slaps total: 2797 2 K
 blackninja said

I'm with you. I was hoping they would release post ending story/lworld content that let us play a few new missions as Zelda. I bought all of the dlc and was slightly disappointed. It feels like they could've put out a new $25 story pack every year that took advantage of the world they already created.

Would've been cool to travel around Hyrule in a post Ganon world without the ancient tech and black oil on the castle. All they had to do was keep the blood moons, introduce new villains, a few more maze dungeons out in the water with a few new islands and weapons....
+1   

5 days ago '05        #37
cicero_x 
space
space
Props total: 16 16  Slaps total: 0 0
That was disrespectful. That Lynel is going to press charges.
+1   

4 days ago '05        #38
blackninja 
space
space
 Kingme said
I'm with you. I was hoping they would release post ending story/lworld content that let us play a few new missions as Zelda. I bought all of the dlc and was slightly disappointed. It feels like they could've put out a new $25 story pack every year that took advantage of the world they already created.

Would've been cool to travel around Hyrule in a post Ganon world without the ancient tech and black oil on the castle. All they had to do was keep the blood moons, introduce new villains, a few more maze dungeons out in the water with a few new islands and weapons....
You are absolutely right about what they could have done post Ganon. As I mentioned, I think they learned from that and made Mario the way it is. But they could have done everything you said in a DLC. They still could but will just give us part two, which I'm excited for.

cicero_x said
That was disrespectful. That Lynel is going to press charges.

2 days ago '06        #39
LeMar G 
space
space
Props total: 62075 62 K  Slaps total: 6611 6 K
Game of the Decade

2 days ago '12        #40
GucciBoy347 
space
space
Props total: 2003 2 K  Slaps total: 432 432
 pxssykxlla said
you sleep asf. switch has a lot more than 5 good games b

2 days ago '12        #41
GucciBoy347 
space
space
Props total: 2003 2 K  Slaps total: 432 432
 blackninja said
As far as I know, It does not matter. BOTW does not do an actual save after you beat Ganon. After you do beat it and want to play again, your only option is to play one of your previous saves where you can continue completing quests and even beat it again.

On the other hand, Mario continues with an extended game after you "beat" it.

Read the above. You are good.

not 100% true. you can beat the game, watch the end credits and then continue on your save. it will add a little star icon by the save file. iirc, you only have one save file on there lol or one per game difficulty.

edit: yeah there’s only 1 save, but they also do an auto save.

2 days ago '05        #42
blackninja 
space
space
 GucciBoy347 said
not 100% true. you can beat the game, watch the end credits and then continue on your save. it will add a little star icon by the save file. iirc, you only have one save file on there lol or one per game difficulty.

edit: yeah there’s only 1 save, but they also do an auto save.
Yeah, that goes without saying, but you know what I mean. Some games end after you beat it and that is that.

New replies show every 10 seconds

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  47
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  43
Image(s) inside Aspiring rapper arrested for double murder thinks he'll be famous once..
52 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  39
Irv Gotti SLIPS UP! Admits To Part In The MURDER Of 50 Cent & Prodigy's Homie ..
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  29
Aaron Rodgers ‘I Don’t Know How You Can Believe in a God’
384 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy