Xbox Series X may support Steam and Epic Games Store, according to latest rumours

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-37  37
53 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '04        #1
1319 page views
37 comments

Da Ill One|M 
space
space
Props total: 5524 5 K  Slaps total: 247 247
Xbox Series X may support Steam and Epic Games Store, according to latest rumours

visit this link https://www.gamesradar.co .. atest-rumours/

Microsoft's Xbox Series X next-gen console may support Steam and the Epic Games Store, according to rumours circulating among supposed insiders in the Xbox community.

As with any rumour, this information is to be taken with a large pinch of salt, but the rumours suggest that the Xbox Series X may feature a "Windows mode" that enables players to switch the console's operating system to Windows 10, which would give you access to the Steam and Epic Games Store platforms. If true, you could essentially transform the console into a PC, and gain access to a whole library of games you might not otherwise be able to play on Xbox.

It's especially interesting when you take into account games like Quantic Dream's Detroit: Become Human or Heavy Rain that were originally PS4 exclusives before coming to PC late last year. There are also rumours circulating that Horizon Zero Dawn could be getting a PC port, which would mean Xbox players could potentially play it on the Xbox Series X if this Windows mode turns out to be true.

The idea isn't such an unrealistic one. Microsoft has been pushing to create a cohesive, unified family of platforms since the launch of the Xbox one, with features such as cross-play on PC and console, and of course backwards compatibility. We already know the Xbox Series X backwards compatibility will support every generation of console including the original Xbox, giving you access to a huge library of classic Xbox games.

Just from the outward appearance, the console even looks like a PC tower, and it would make sense if the Xbox Series X supports Microsoft's operating system. While we'll have no way of knowing just how accurate these rumours are for now, it's an exciting prospect.
+10   

best
worst
37 comments

3 weeks ago '05        #2
WCIB 
space
space
Props total: 18151 18 K  Slaps total: 1066 1 K
@ @ @ @ @ @ @
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45178 45 K  Slaps total: 10982 10 K
Y’all bout to buy a watered down PC
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #4
jaedot 
space
space
Props total: 12144 12 K  Slaps total: 766 766
interesting
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #5
MasonPolitikz 
space
space
Props total: 479 479  Slaps total: 200 200
It’s a pc wannabe with no exclusives hmmm. It’s becoming clearer now m$ Don’t care about which hardware u play it on. Lol aslong as u stay in the ecosystem ... lol no Xbox left behind because it’s not about the games but the players staying on the service. Sad

2 weeks ago '17        #6
space
space
 MasonPolitikz said
Itís a pc wannabe with no exclusives hmmm. Itís becoming clearer now m$ Donít care about which hardware u play it on. Lol aslong as u stay in the ecosystem ... lol no Xbox left behind because itís not about the games but the players staying on the service. Sad
Hope they charge 6, 700 for this bullsh*t since n*ggas acting so gung ho about copping

2 weeks ago '09        #7
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 8713 8 K  Slaps total: 1873 1 K
That would be dope but I wonder how it would handle Steam games that are PC only and has recommended hardware requirements that are above the Xbox Series X? Imagine buying a $500-700 console and a year later there's some Steam games you can't even buy cause it won't run on the damn thing.

To me the future of consoles is making them modular like a computer.. meaning you can upgrade it and switch out for bigger hard drives, memory and graphics. This will make the lifespan of those consoles longer and people will be spending more money to keep their console's hardware modern if they want to so they can continue to play the latest games.

What I'm recommending might not ever be possible or realistic though I don't know enough about PC hardware to really think deeper about it.

Last edited by Zaosyn; 01-11-2020 at 03:11 PM..
+6   

2 weeks ago '09        #8
iamsoulja 
space
space
Props total: 7373 7 K  Slaps total: 1323 1 K
 MasonPolitikz said
Itís a pc wannabe with no exclusives hmmm. Itís becoming clearer now m$ Donít care about which hardware u play it on. Lol aslong as u stay in the ecosystem ... lol no Xbox left behind because itís not about the games but the players staying on the service. Sad
How you know they just brought 6 game studios probably more which weíll see at E3
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #9
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 17541 17 K  Slaps total: 1725 1 K
bowing out the console game to become a mid tier pc
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #10
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
space
space
space
Props total: 7122 7 K  Slaps total: 6620 6 K
 Zaosyn said
That would be dope but I wonder how it would handle Steam games that are PC only and has recommended hardware requirements that are above the Xbox Series X? Imagine buying a $500-700 console and a year later there's some Steam games you can't even buy cause it won't run on the damn thing.

To me the future of consoles is making them modular like a computer.. meaning you can upgrade it and switch out for bigger hard drives, memory and graphics. This will make the lifespan of those consoles longer and people will be spending more money to keep their console's hardware modern if they want to so they can continue to play the latest games.

What I'm recommending might not ever be possible or realistic though I don't know enough about PC hardware to really think deeper about it.
But I thought mf's been upgrading their consoles in this way?
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #11
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78722 78 K  Slaps total: 4847 4 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Hope they charge 6, 700 for this bullsh*t since n*ggas acting so gung ho about copping
I bet you have Playstation brand knee pads.
+9   

2 weeks ago '07        #12
moe4484  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 2230 2 K  Slaps total: 193 193
 Naga Sadow said
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #13
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
You not the one that could be making them type jokes dawg. Remember you said Xbox One had a better library than:

Dreamcast
PSP
PS Vita
Wii
Wii U

That was you my n*gga

2 weeks ago '17        #14
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
You not the one that could be making them type jokes dawg. Remember you said Xbox One had a better library than:

Dreamcast
PSP
PS Vita
Wii
Wii U

That was you my n*gga
And I stand by that. The Wii U had like 10 good games and no support. Same with the Wii. The Vita was mostly indie and old PS2 games and the PSP Go and Vita TV sucked. The Dreamcast had some great games but it was k*lled off early. How do I know? Because outside of the Vita, Vita TV, and Go I have all of those systems. I actually have 2 Dreamcasts come to think of it. You're not thinking about all of the games as a whole.

But there's no convincing the rabid fanboy so why am I even trying. I just know this comment is gonna anger you and you're gonna go on a tantrum proving you have no clue what you're talking about.
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #15
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
And I stand by that. The Wii U had like 10 good games and no support. Same with the Wii. The Vita was mostly indie and old PS2 games and the PSP Go and Vita TV sucked. The Dreamcast had some great games but it was k*lled off early. How do I know? Because outside of the Vita, Vita TV, and Go I have all of those systems. I actually have 2 Dreamcasts come to think of it. You're not thinking about all of the games as a whole.

But there's no convincing the rabid fanboy so why am I even trying. I just know this comment is gonna anger you and you're gonna go on a tantrum proving you have no clue what you're talking about.
You didnít stand by that at all homie. You completely no showed after I listed games. Why didnít you provide a list instead of just say vague sh*t like the Wii U only had ten games? Even though that still means it had at least 7 more good games than Xbox One

Dreamcast got k*lled off early and the library still sh*ts on Xbox One. Maybe you need to own 200 dreamcasts to come to that realization but thatís facts.

Idk why you keep bringing up PSP Go and Vita TV. You just listing sh*t for the sake of it now. Whatís next, Super Game Boy has a trash library too?

2 weeks ago '17        #16
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
You didnít stand by that at all homie. You completely no showed after I listed games. Why didnít you provide a list instead of just say vague sh*t like the Wii U only had ten games? Even though that still means it had at least 7 more good games than Xbox One

Dreamcast got k*lled off early and the library still sh*ts on Xbox One. Maybe you need to own 200 dreamcasts to come to that realization but thatís facts.

Idk why you keep bringing up PSP Go and Vita TV. You just listing sh*t for the sake of it now. Whatís next, Super Game Boy has a trash library too?
Yeah because the Xbox One had less that 7 good games on it.

2 weeks ago '17        #17
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Yeah because the Xbox One had less that 7 good games on it.

LIST THE GAMES

2 weeks ago '14        #18
504  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
space
space
Props total: 70699 70 K  Slaps total: 13242 13 K
 MasonPolitikz said
How you know they donít have exclusives? You work for Microsoft?
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #19
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
LIST THE GAMES
Gears 4 and 5
Every Forza
Outer Worlds
Witcher 3
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Titan Fall 1 and 2
Halo Wars 2
Ashen
Brlow
Cuphead
Sate of Decay 2
Killer Instinct
Quantum Break
Halo MCC
Halo 5
All of the a*sassin Creeds minus that trash French on
RDR2
Fallout 4

Shall I continue?

But I'm waiting to hear what excuse you come up with to say the games don't count.

2 weeks ago '17        #20
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22560 22 K  Slaps total: 3972 3 K
 Naga Sadow said
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #21
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22560 22 K  Slaps total: 3972 3 K
Damn it.. i feel like i read these same exact comments in another thread... must be deja vu
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #22
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Gears 4 and 5
Every Forza
Outer Worlds
Witcher 3
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Titan Fall 1 and 2
Halo Wars 2
Ashen
Brlow
Cuphead
Sate of Decay 2
Killer Instinct
Quantum Break
Halo MCC
Halo 5
All of the a*sassin Creeds minus that trash French on
RDR2
Fallout 4

Shall I continue?

But I'm waiting to hear what excuse you come up with to say the games don't count.

A lot of non exclusives numbnuts

2 weeks ago '17        #23
space
space
 Lite said
Damn it.. i feel like i read these same exact comments in another thread... must be deja vu
Seeing Derrick Henry run all over yíall like that mustve felt like deja vu too

2 weeks ago '04        #24
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4731 4 K  Slaps total: 2111 2 K
 Da Ill One said

It's especially interesting when you take into account games like Quantic Dream's Detroit: Become Human or Heavy Rain that were originally PS4 exclusives before coming to PC late last year. There are also rumours circulating that Horizon Zero Dawn could be getting a PC port, which would mean Xbox players could potentially play it on the Xbox Series X if this Windows mode turns out to be true.
if they do this lots of ppl gonna be mad.....
no need for a ps5, just wait for PC port but can play on xbox, damn!

the potential is great for this, that means u dont even have to cop a PC no more... especially if this thing is rivelling a rtx 1080ti....

fu*k, if this is true... NO MATTER HOW MUCH IT SELLS...
-with gamepass(ultimate)
-xplay
-crossplay/cross save/and instant on state saves
-faster loading w/ new ssd/no load times load screens (potentially)
-new controller
-back compat (full library)
-xstream
-more raw compute power @12.4 Tflops (for AI, and physics)
-built in/hardware ray tracing

and they could have no exclusives or poor exclusives (but we know thats not true.. at worst they'll be decent to great)
so.. if this is true, XSX looking so far, if this is TRUE (only if true)...

this is the best next gen console...!

we have to wait and see what sony says about those unrevealed features
+1   

2 weeks ago '04        #25
cuzjuan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 4731 4 K  Slaps total: 2111 2 K
 MasonPolitikz said
you must be dislex-sick...
xbox doubling their studios, tells u in your brain... that they not gonna put out games.. and even though they have said in pressers, there will be exclusives...

ur gonna run with the narrative, because your read that article about MS still supporting the x1 for a couple years after the XSX launches.... like SONY just gonna stop making games for the PS4 when the PS5 drops...

sir u are fuct!

:reach:
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
-33online now  20
Prophet of God predicts a sudden death of major b-ball player back in 2011
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish