All Xbox Series X games will be cross gen for at least 2 years

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
-21  220
41 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
159 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

2 weeks ago '17        #26
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78238 78 K  Slaps total: 4810 4 K
 Kingme said
The full quote reads:

As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices, booty explains. We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that were committed to them with content.

Wonder why a PlayStation Stan would leave out "sort of like a PC"

You know how you can play GTAV on a PS3 and on a $2000+ PC and they look vastly different...the same goes for playing a game on the Series X vs playing on an Xbox1 or 1x.

Sony Stans suffering from console war ptsd are nervous as fu*k trying spin sh*t this early

I hope PS5 games are forward compatible with the PS4 because I'm a gamer and I know that games have been scaling graphics back to adapt to older hardware for decades on computers and it's about time consoles do the same

If you got a PS4 pro you better hope Sony does the same thing because the 1st couple of years on new consoles never utilize the full capabilities and by the time they do...you're probably gonna want a PS5 pro
I spent nearly $4k on my gaming PC and I can play most of the same games on my Xbox One and PS4. I prefer playing games at the highest quality so I'm getting a PS5 and Series X on day one. I like that they're not alienating players but I am kinda surprised with this move.

2 weeks ago '17        #27
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
What does that have to do with the quality of games?
You're not one of the smartest fan boys, are you?

2 weeks ago '17        #28
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3 OP
space
space
Props total: 45122 45 K  Slaps total: 10965 10 K
 gagethedesigner said
n*gga that sh*t sounds like a jet engine trying to play recent games on it, base ps4 be struggling lol.
So does the PS4 Pro

2 weeks ago '17        #29
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
You're not one of the smartest fan boys, are you?

Deflection

2 weeks ago '17        #30
space
space
 cuzjuan said
i dont agree fully, financially.. not at all.
this was the era they really took games as a service to the next level with game pass, announcing xplay, adding remote play, and cross plat (xbox/pc only) game play save progression.

and if the goal of selling consoles is solely for game sales and licensing, then xbox has achieved just that by kinda skipping the console all together giving you the choice to play on pc while still getting the % and $ for us playing on their platform.

that's the technical side of things, but this is how it looks....

like you said, their 1st party games were lacking... not because they were bad per say, they just werent stacking up to sonys line up.. cause xbox1 did have great games like sunset overdrive, gears 5, rome son of wht ever, tomb raider. but they werent stacking up to games like death stranding, drake fortune, spider man, god of war and the like...

so i can give you that.. xbx was putting out games that were in the 70%'s while PS was putting out games in the 80%'s-95%'s type games....

adding to the botched launch, even though i re-listen to it now, and they didnt say anything thats pretty much not already come to pass any way
but either way that messed them up.

and because of that, not retaining the 80 million install base (not to say they dont have these customers per say, they just didnt buy into the xbox console but still might be a pc customer) they had exiting the 360 era... they slipped up!!!

it happens, but perception wise.. it made them seem like they fell from grace.. and adding to the fact the games that launched the system werent master peices to make ppl forget about the soft launch, inevitably receiving poor reception, thus bringing us here.

but back to ur statement... if you think selling 50 million of anything at anywhere from 250$-600$ is a failure... and thats the console not the individual services.

but once you add on the services... it's outta here man, cause u got 360 owners to xb1x owners paying for the service... and as i said the consoles are already lucrative doing 50 mil costing us a third to almost double the price we paid for the 360... so even if they didnt have that 1/3 in adoption rate lost in the gen transition, the services made up for it.. and the console paid for it self
no L's were financially taken, public perception took the biggest hit, not the pockets!
Im not trying to pay for services, Im tryna pay for games. Nobody will go back to revisit this console, nobody will make an effort to make an emulator for it, no one will do homebrew on it, none of the exclusives will be remembered in the long run. This system was utter trash

2 weeks ago '17        #31
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Deflection
Got it.

2 weeks ago '17        #32
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Got it.

Stop projecting

2 weeks ago '05        #33
kriskross00 
space
space
Props total: 60010 60 K  Slaps total: 7329 7 K
 Naga Sadow said
Ever? Biggest fall off is not making money. Even though they're not selling at Switch or PS4 rates the division still makes billions for Microsoft. A fall off is the Atari division during the game crash, the Wii U, or the Sega Saturn. Yeah they screwed themselves but you don't fall off and still cash out.
You do know it COST to make these consoles right? Just because a movie made 80 million doesnt mean it made back what was spent making it

2 weeks ago '17        #34
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Stop projecting
Apparently if a company makes money on a product or a sub division the more likely they are going to invest in it. That's why they've been on a major spending spree.

Does that make sense now junior?

2 weeks ago '17        #35
space
space
 kriskross00 said
You do know it COST to make these consoles right? Just because a movie made 80 million doesnt mean it made back what was spent making it

2 weeks ago '05        #36
kriskross00 
space
space
Props total: 60010 60 K  Slaps total: 7329 7 K
 Naga Sadow said

Lmao well clearly you dont seem to know how it works by bringing up how much money they made and ignoring how much they lost

2 weeks ago '17        #37
space
space
 kriskross00 said
Lmao well clearly you dont seem to know how it works by bringing up how much money they made and ignoring how much they lost
So tell me how much they lost on $10B of revenue?

2 weeks ago '17        #38
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Apparently if a company makes money on a product or a sub division the more likely they are going to invest in it. That's why they've been on a major spending spree.

Does that make sense now junior?

When is that money spent gonna lead to production? These fools been spending money since they been in the game and have gone on a drought. When will it stop?

2 weeks ago '17        #39
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
When is that money spent gonna lead to production? These fools been spending money since they been in the game and have gone on a drought. When will it stop?
Are games not coming out this year and the next? Are you dumb or stupid?

+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #40
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 17472 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
 megalomaniacal said
Duh theres a 100 million player fan base that has to move over

u mean 30* million

2 weeks ago '17        #41
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Are games not coming out this year and the next? Are you dumb or stupid?

Are they gonna be any good? Do you understand what I mean by quality of games?

2 weeks ago '04        #42
VictoryThagr8 
space
space
space
Props total: 5329 5 K  Slaps total: 1131 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Most of PS4 exclusive are over hyped and once it came out that it is dud.

The only ps4 exclusive that lived up to the hype was spider Man, horizon, GOW and Persona 5. Everything else was over hyped games. It's always been like that from Sony. I owned a PS4 and mained a PS4 almost all gen while my og Xbox one collected dust. Now my PS4 is collecting dust since I got my Xbox one x because the games i play the most are multiplats.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 01-10-2020 at 07:57 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #43
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said
Most of PS4 exclusive are over hyped and once it came out that it is dud.

The only ps4 exclusive that lived up to the hype was spider Man, horizon, GOW and Persona 5. Everything else was over hyped games. It's always been like that from Sony. I owned a PS4 and mained a PS4 almost all gen while my og Xbox one collected dust. Now my PS4 is collecting dust since I got my Xbox one x because the games i play the most are multiplats.
You guys can sit up here and call sh*t overhyped all you want, but there game of the decade lists are flooded with PS4 exclusives. Xbox didnt drop one game that will be remembered past this gen. PS4 has at least 10.

2 weeks ago '17        #44
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Are they not? You act like every PS4 exclusive was an 11/10. Don't think they didn't release a lot of duds. Don't get me wrong the new God of War is one of the greatest games I've ever played and Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn were both amazing but they also released a lot of been there and done that and trash games. Uncharted 4 is debatable but I couldn't wait for that game to end. Which is funny because it has one of the most satisfying game endings. Infamous Second Son was a major letdown compared to the first two. k*ll Xonr sucked, Drive Club was broken and sucked, Order 1886 was a joke, Days Gone is a dud, LBP3 was forgettable, Knack was...Knack, and so many more. Of course PS4 k*lled the One in terms of first party games but you're making it seem like Sony dropped a classic game every month. And let's not forget that they approved Godzilla and Umbrella Corps, both considered the worst games of this gen and some of the worst games of all time. Plus Sony has a knack for releasing one and done games that last at the most 30 hours, though I probably put 500 hours into Persona 5.

All I'm saying is that you fan boys suck. Y'all are bragging about what device is better while the rest of us enjoy games. Just shut up and play and be happy.
+6   

2 weeks ago '17        #45
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
Are they not? You act like every PS4 exclusive was an 11/10. Don't think they didn't release a lot of duds. Don't get me wrong the new God of War is one of the greatest games I've ever played and Spider-Man and Horizon Zero Dawn were both amazing but they also released a lot of been there and done that and trash games. Uncharted 4 is debatable but I couldn't wait for that game to end. Which is funny because it has one of the most satisfying game endings. Infamous Second Son was a major letdown compared to the first two. k*ll Xonr sucked, Drive Club was broken and sucked, Order 1886 was a joke, Days Gone is a dud, LBP3 was forgettable, Knack was...Knack, and so many more. Of course PS4 k*lled the One in terms of first party games but you're making it seem like Sony dropped a classic game every month. And let's not forget that they approved Godzilla and Umbrella Corps, both considered the worst games of this gen and some of the worst games of all time. Plus Sony has a knack for releasing one and done games that last at the most 30 hours, though I probably put 500 hours into Persona 5.

All I'm saying is that you fan boys suck. Y'all are bragging about what device is better while the rest of us enjoy games. Just shut up and play and be happy.
So your argument is every exclusive on PS4 isnt a 10/10 shut yo bi*ch a*s up bruh, wasting my fu*king time with this nonsense.

I like how yall boys not naming Bloodborne either

Xbox is garbage, get over it you fu*kin pussies

2 weeks ago '17        #46
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
So your argument is every exclusive on PS4 isnt a 10/10 shut yo bi*ch a*s up bruh, wasting my fu*king time with this nonsense.

I like how yall boys not naming Bloodborne either

Xbox is garbage, get over it you fu*kin pussies
I'm not a Souls/Bourne fan. I beat it just because everyone told me to play it and I didn't get the hype around it. The story made it sound like everyone lived off of period blood.

+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #47
space
space
 Naga Sadow said
I'm not a Souls/Bourne fan. I beat it just because everyone told me to play it and I didn't get the hype around it. The story made it sound like everyone lived off of period blood.

It destroys any exclusive ever released on an Xbox system but cool story bro

2 weeks ago '05        #48
Krazie 
space
space
Props total: 27493 27 K  Slaps total: 3219 3 K
Well this thread ended up exactly as expected
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #49
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
It destroys any exclusive ever released on an Xbox system but cool story bro
Sutr thing Skippy.

2 weeks ago '18        #50
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23263 23 K  Slaps total: 8220 8 K
 gagethedesigner said
n*gga that sh*t sounds like a jet engine trying to play recent games on it, base ps4 be struggling lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+18online now  39
Image(s) inside I double dare...
284 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  39
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
138 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  29
Image(s) inside Aspiring rapper arrested for double murder thinks he'll be famous once..
54 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+63online now  16
Aaron Rodgers I Dont Know How You Can Believe in a God
406 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy