Rumored Ps5 feature, it sound good but.....

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
121 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '05        #51
Double M Set  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 5562 5 K  Slaps total: 1124 1 K
Show Me Red Dead On PS5

3 weeks ago '04        #52
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
Props total: 4923 4 K  Slaps total: 573 573
 Doc Logical said

That n*gga STAY with the bullsh*t.
yeah I dont follow him didn't even know who he was till he just popped up across my twitter feed and I watched the video.

its only a few of these Streaming/youtube podcast dudes who I listen to for the "insider" sh*t , Jez Cordan, Brad Sams, Rand Al Thor and Dealer concerning Xbox news.

I dont follow any PlayStation dudes because thats my secondary console and I already know what Sony is going to give me, same with nintendo.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #53
cuzjuan 
space
space
Props total: 4651 4 K  Slaps total: 2055 2 K
 Ra-da-god said

I remember M$ was talking about the legal issues that come with BC an how you have to jump through alot of hopes to get games on the new system, phil spoke at length about the challenge with older gamer especially. he said basically you have to get permission from the dev to make a game BC so if yo want to use a game who's dev no longer exists you cant use the game or if the game is cleared but they no longer have the license for a sound effect you cant use the game its crazy.

dont get me wrong if I can put my ps1/2/3/4 disc into my ps5 and play and I get the up res options like with my one X that might be checkmate if Xbox's BC isnt as robust, I'm excitied to see how this all is going to work.
how do mean if XSX bc isnt as roboust when MS created BC... what u been smoking?

so ure saying some one who has been working on something for almost the last 5-8 yrs is (and already have success and is the leader of it) gonna lose to some one who only been doing it for the last year or 2 at most?

u sick as sh*t dawg!

3 weeks ago '04        #54
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 cuzjuan said
how do mean if XSX bc isnt as roboust when MS created BC... what u been smoking?
they didn't create it, technically Sony created it with the ps2 they just abandoned it with the ps3, but currently, Xbox does offer the best version of it not gonna argue there.

cuzjuan said
so ure saying some one who has been working on something for almost the last 5-8 yrs is (and already have success and is the leader of it) gonna lose to some one who only been doing it for the last year or 2 at most?

u sick as sh*t dawg!
we have to face the facts, outside of Nintendo, Sony has the best legacy Library of games if they can deliver most of their catalog on day one for $499 that's going to trump Xbox because Playstation is just older and more beloved.

thats not to say there's nothing Xbox can do though, if I know sony if they offer BC it'll be locked to Playstation console and not their ecosystem this is where Microsoft can do damage with their BC because of Xcloud, every game you can play on Xbox one you can play on the XSX and Xcloud which makes it made attractive

I'm not knocking Xbox bro Ilove their BC I'm playing Wicther 2 in 4k right now.
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #55
cuzjuan 
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
they didn't create it, technically Sony created it with the ps2 they just abandoned it with the ps3, but currently, Xbox does offer the best version of it not gonna argue there.

we have to face the facts, outside of Nintendo, Sony has the best legacy Library of games if they can deliver most of their catalog on day one for $499 that's going to trump Xbox because Playstation is just older and more beloved.

thats not to say there's nothing Xbox can do though, if I know sony if they offer BC it'll be locked to Playstation console and not their ecosystem this is where Microsoft can do damage with their BC because of Xcloud, every game you can play on Xbox one you can play on the XSX and Xcloud which makes it made attractive

I'm not knocking Xbox bro Ilove their BC I'm playing Wicther 2 in 4k right now.
never said you were knocking xbox, just about giving credit where credit is due... just like xbx didnt technically create BC, same way they didnt create online multi player (for console) i think sega or sony did. but, id still say the xbox brought online multi play to the masses ie. pop culture and gets the credit of popularizing it, so when you think online multiplayer you think xbx since they are synonomous at this point... same way i meant about BC, sony has an impressive library but there were reports on the trouble they are having with BC and that the full psx-p4 library may not be available at launch due to tech issues.
ps4 is a yes but ps3-1 is not fully known at this point.. so if they can make it in time, thats a win....

making their BC as effective and impressive and xbx's... thats a whole other can of worms!

3 weeks ago '04        #56
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 cuzjuan said
never said you were knocking xbox, just about giving credit where credit is due... just like xbx didnt technically create BC, same way they didnt create online multi player (for console) i think sega or sony did. but, id still say the xbox brought online multi play to the masses ie. pop culture and gets the credit of popularizing it, so when you think online multiplayer you think xbx since they are synonomous at this point... same way i meant about BC, sony has an impressive library but there were reports on the trouble they are having with BC and that the full psx-p4 library may not be available at launch due to tech issues.
ps4 is a yes but ps3-1 is not fully known at this point.. so if they can make it in time, thats a win....

making their BC as effective and impressive and xbx's... thats a whole other can of worms!
yeah I know, the BC tteam sade it was hell making it happen with the 360 and OG xbox and those are basically built like Pc's so I dont even want to imgaine what its going to be getting the ps3 up and running natively PLUS where does that leave Psnow?
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #57
cuzjuan 
space
space
 Ra-da-god said
yeah I know, the BC tteam sade it was hell making it happen with the 360 and OG xbox and those are basically built like Pc's so I dont even want to imgaine what its going to be getting the ps3 up and running natively PLUS where does that leave Psnow?
not sure about psnow, but im sure there will be some sort of rebrand or relaunch once the agreement with the MS servers come about.

3 weeks ago '19        #58
PolloFrito 
space
space
Props total: 1310 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
 RazorRaheem said
Was playing Mafia 2 before 3 came out just to go back and revisit memories also, it what about the game didnít age well to you? I felt the game was the same as it always has been it was a solid 7/10 with a great story, decent driving mechanics true to the era they set the game in the 1940ís/50ís and the voice acting was great. Very curious to see what you didnít like elaborate a bit bruh!
The shooting wasn't smooth, imo. The animations were blocky and a little generic. I realize maybe I'm expecting too much from an older game, but aiming was annoyingly delayed at times.
The voice acting was stellar like you said, and the music was fire.

3 weeks ago '04        #59
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 cuzjuan said
not sure about psnow, but im sure there will be some sort of rebrand or relaunch once the agreement with the MS servers come about.
oh yeah its gonna get better it has too Google is in this sh*t now and they ain't going NOWHERE Sony knows what time it is they can't afford to give up the new battle ground that is streaming, there is no more growth room in the console market
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #60
jewelz1132 
space
space
Props total: 5252 5 K  Slaps total: 234 234
I'd sell my pro right now for 5 money if I wasn't waiting on Tsushima

3 weeks ago '04        #61
Kadroan 
space
space
Props total: 16159 16 K  Slaps total: 3323 3 K
NCAA Football '14 👀
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #62
RazorRaheem 
space
space
Props total: 241 241  Slaps total: 21 21
 PolloFrito said
The shooting wasn't smooth, imo. The animations were blocky and a little generic. I realize maybe I'm expecting too much from an older game, but aiming was annoyingly delayed at times.
The voice acting was stellar like you said, and the music was fire.
My fault completely jumped the gun had on those nostalgia glasses. The shooting was atrocious when you switched to free aim totally forgot about that and I played the game two months ago. Thatís one of the main things I hated about it too the shooting mechanics are still weird in Mafia 3. In my opinion if they tightened up the shooting mechanics, fill the world with more useful content, and go all out on customization they can come near something like a GTA like I know they want to be.
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #63
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 18432 18 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
 1Oh said
I don't understand why anyone would be against backwards compatibility. I still got a ton of PS1,PS2 and PS3 games that wouldn't mind having access to without plugging up an old console.

Xbox One BC this gen was great.
If Sony was bc and Xbox wasnt n*ggas wouldn't be against it

Simple as that really
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #64
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 11570 11 K  Slaps total: 7440 7 K
 Cuttysark said
If Sony was bc and Xbox wasnt n*ggas wouldn't be against it

Simple as that really
Backwards compatibility isnt popular they keep track of that sh*t and it's rarely used.

3 weeks ago '14        #65
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 18432 18 K  Slaps total: 1166 1 K
 Swade009 said
Backwards compatibility isnt popular they keep track of that sh*t and it's rarely used.
I use it on my xbox

Want it on my Playstation
+1   

3 weeks ago '09        #66
Zaosyn 
space
space
Props total: 8565 8 K  Slaps total: 1868 1 K
The selling point for backwards compatibility is you get rid of your old console and buy the new one knowing that you get to keep all your old games + play all the new ones. That's it. It makes the buyer feel safe knowing their weird collection of PS2 and PS3 games that they've invested a lot of money in aren't going to be totally useless if they get the new console.

3 weeks ago '17        #67
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 24063 24 K  Slaps total: 969 969
 Swade009 said
Backwards compatibility works two fold.

#1 We get to play the old games we already own on our current console but with better resolution, frame rate, & load times.

#2 These old games can now be featured through streaming libraries like Game Pass, which adds more value to the service. And Game Pass is very popular because of this.

So the effort to make older Playstation games backwards compatible with PS5 is worth the effort if Sony plans to compete in the streaming business with MS and Google.

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #68
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23256 23 K  Slaps total: 8220 8 K
 Ra-da-god said
PS4 and ps5 will be based off the same 86x architecture and data mining already proved that the PS4 was completely capable of full BC with the PSX and the PS2 Sony just didn't wanna do it.

on to your question.

the short answer is because people want to take their games with them. plus, there are a few things to consider with this generation specifically.....

1.most of our Backlogs are huge - I have many many games I haven't even got to play or that I only got to play once and would like to run through again like Witcher 3, God of war or Vampyr, I'm not gonna just drop these games because the new sh*t is out yeah I keep all my old systems but if I can avoid having to make space for my OG xbox/360/One X and Ps2/3/4 to go along with my series X and ps5 I'd like to.

2.Cloud tech will breathe life into alot of these older games - playing an OG xbox game on you huge tv might not look so great but being able to stream that joint to my cell phone or tablet is like breathing new life into it.

3.some of us just like to play all of our sh*t - no explanation need here.

Lies. Lies Lies..pop a ps3/ps2/ps1 game into your ps4...Will it play it??? No sir so it dosent matter wat they wanted it to do . It didnt do it.

3 weeks ago '04        #69
Tha754kid 
space
space
Props total: 3643 3 K  Slaps total: 288 288
Backwards compatibility is a cool convenience to have but it's overrated. If I want to play an old a*s game, I'll pull out my old a*s system.

Seriously, who gonna drop $500 on a new system just to play Ridge Racer. They need to focus that energy on real next gen titles.

3 weeks ago '04        #70
SpyDa 
space
space
Props total: 5577 5 K  Slaps total: 717 717
If ps5 brings full BC, I can only imagine how PC emulation will develop after the break down of the texhnology. I can't wait.
+1   

3 weeks ago '18        #71
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 9685 9 K  Slaps total: 3826 3 K
my ps2 and ps3 hacked
the fu*k i need this for innit
anyways still good if Sony can acchieve bruv

3 weeks ago '04        #72
CrAkKedOuT 
space
space
space
Props total: 20939 20 K  Slaps total: 2923 2 K
 Naga Sadow said
Cell architecture is way to complicated for hardware emulation. Looks like you're gonna have to deal with PS Now.

RPCS3 though.
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #73
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Lies. Lies Lies..pop a ps3/ps2/ps1 game into your ps4...Will it play it??? No sir so it dosent matter wat they wanted it to do . It didnt do it.
lol bro you completely misread what I typed, I'm not saying that YOUR ps4 (like the ones have) played ps1/ps2/ps3 games I'm saying that data mining showed that they were capable of doing it power and build wise and Sony CHOSE not to enable it for whatever reason.

Again, its not a huge deal I have my ps2 and ps3 still and I can cop a PSX classic for 20 bucks (which I will) I'm just saying I would like the option to not have to do like I have with Xbox.

I'll still play my 360 and OG because some games will never go BC (like Max payne 3) but with the Series X ALL Xbox one games will work day 1, thats great cause like I said my backlog is crazy and I'm not gonna just not play those games because the new systems are out, thats silly./

2 weeks ago '18        #74
Most Palone 
space
space
Props total: 3864 3 K  Slaps total: 284 284
I have every console rolled into 1.

Nothing like playing mgs, Tokyo racer, halo ce, and smash brothers 64 in one gaming session and streets of rage 2 is the icing on the cake

Bc has been on pc no problem. Remember playing nes/genesis games back in computer lab in high school

2 weeks ago '18        #75
Most Palone 
space
space
Props total: 3864 3 K  Slaps total: 284 284

This is what bc on pc looks like

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  47
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+28online now  43
Image(s) inside Aspiring rapper arrested for double murder thinks he'll be famous once..
52 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+24online now  39
Irv Gotti SLIPS UP! Admits To Part In The MURDER Of 50 Cent & Prodigy's Homie ..
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  29
Aaron Rodgers ĎI Donít Know How You Can Believe in a Godí
384 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy