Rumored Ps5 feature, it sound good but.....

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
128 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

3 weeks ago '07        #26
killacar 
space
space
Props total: 11312 11 K  Slaps total: 754 754
Man I was just beat Def Jam f*ght for NY in 4k, sh*t was clean, can easily see PS5, sh*t 4 being able to at least get the internal resolution to 2k-4k. sh*t was beautiful
+4   

3 weeks ago '04        #27
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
Props total: 4923 4 K  Slaps total: 573 573
 Minkscobar! said
n*ggas always say a bunch of nothing to simply say they really dont want to do something.. You think a game creator/developer is going to turn down a opportunity to gain income on something they already created.. GTFOH!!!!
for the older games (ps2 era)its not that simple.

plus you gotta consider what the publishers wants to do its just not up to the developer, the publisher might be like "nah we wanted to do a remaster of this game and if you make it BC it'll cut into our potential sales"

its other sh*t you gotta consider, obviously M$ wanted to do BC because they put it out and stuck with it and its carrying over to the series X.

with Sony sh*t may be just as tricky
+3   

3 weeks ago '19        #28
sensational 
space
space
space
Props total: 576 576  Slaps total: 43 43
I just need ncaa 14 bro.
+1   

3 weeks ago '12        #29
OhBoy1356 
space
space
Props total: 7833 7 K  Slaps total: 1465 1 K
ďMomma said n*gga know who youíre dealing withĒ-Kendrick Lamar on Pusha Tís Nosetalgia

This dude is a fraud

+4   

3 weeks ago '19        #30
H814 
space
space
space
Props total: 317 317  Slaps total: 37 37
 1mcchicken2go said
Yeah I figured servers for old games were gonna stay down. My hopes weren't high, but it would have dope to clap some people on Socom 2 and Battlefront 2 one more time.
Socom 2 was that issh for real

Top 10 most slapped recently  3 weeks ago '17        #31
Rule 336  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 81678 81 K  Slaps total: 36043 36 K
I'm buying every wrestling game from 1999-2005, Madden 07, Burnout 3, Tony Hawk Underground, Tony Hawk American Wasteland, the Dead Space Series, San Andreas, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas.
+3   

3 weeks ago '17        #32
Dennis Reynolds 
space
space
Props total: 1254 1 K  Slaps total: 71 71
If this somehow ended up to be true, you would think the retro gaming market prices would increase by a lot. You'll be seeing used copies of old games going for higher.

This would be a ridiculously great feature though. I could rid of my old consoles and save some space.

3 weeks ago '08        #33
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6218 6 K  Slaps total: 1241 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Backwards compatibility is dope, but I buy new systems for new games. I get why everyone wants it tho, I’m one of those geeks that likes keeping systems
This, I bought a Fat PS3 off of Ebay just for full backwards ps1 and ps2 compatibility. Although Shield TV PS1 Emulation is really good.
+3   

3 weeks ago '13        #34
ma chis mo 
space
space
Props total: 3512 3 K  Slaps total: 324 324
If my ps4 games are digital will I still be able to play them on the PS5

3 weeks ago '08        #35
stead21  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 6218 6 K  Slaps total: 1241 1 K
 ma chis mo said
That would make the most sense.
+1   

3 weeks ago '05        #36
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 16867 16 K  Slaps total: 4725 4 K
I dont play campaigns generally so this ain't a selling point for me, but it's not a bad thing.

3 weeks ago '05        #37
SquirrelXss 
space
space
Props total: 3788 3 K  Slaps total: 769 769
 NYNY said
sh*t imagine bein able to play pretty much every game released on a PlayStation ever on one console
PC master race/hacked ps3

I can buy a ps5 if it will be ps4 compatible

3 weeks ago '08        #38
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 20553 20 K  Slaps total: 1860 1 K
 ma chis mo said
I hope so cause all my sh*t is digital, lol

I think because of this digital download age, being backwards compat now is a fu*king must.

3 weeks ago '14        #39
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
space
space
Props total: 92840 92 K  Slaps total: 27071 27 K
 OhBoy1356 said
“Momma said n*gga know who you’re dealing with”-Kendrick Lamar on Pusha T’s Nosetalgia

This dude is a fraud

@ I’m disappointed in you.

That n*gga has lied and lied and bullsh*t for at least a decade plus. You should know better than to post his

Last edited by Doc Logical; 01-03-2020 at 09:34 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #40
WardieMcFly 
space
space
Props total: 3684 3 K  Slaps total: 503 503
I want APE ESCAPE.
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #41
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14637 14 K  Slaps total: 1454 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
Backwards compatibility is dope, but I buy new systems for new games. I get why everyone wants it tho, I’m one of those geeks that likes keeping systems
 Minkscobar! said
Dont get me wrong Im not going to play old games.. But sometimes when me and my homies catch up, we do get nostalgic and I have the "Street f*ghter 20 year collection" and we play those old games and we talk about how much money we spent on those games and how terrible those games ARE now... It is fun to have the ability to play those old games.. But dont tell me that the fu*king creator of the game is not going to sign off on it..
This is a rant.

Guys, I have all systems but I play my Switch the most. I find it odd that people love backward compatible or retro games so much that they push new 8 and 16 bit games on Switch users like they are grade A titles. I think the quality of a game is independent on graphics and dependent on game play (look at Fortnite), but come on! Celeste is one of the Switch's most celebrated games and deserves to be because of gameplay and narrative. However, I am not going for the okie doke and accepting that a newer system, even the least powerful, should have developers dropping 8 bit games on us as an acceptable standard.

My point is that Sony and MS have backwards compatible and retro games as a bonus, while Nintendo has them as a feature. Regardless, developers should be happy that they can get paid again for old work. Nintendo encourages developers to make "new" games from the 90s to flood their online store with. Sure, there are pros to that, but we need more real Class A titles. Maybe I should give Stadia a try so I can have more portable flagship games until PS goes back to its original vision of PSNow and Xcloud comes to iOS.

Ok. My rant is over.
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #42
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45120 45 K  Slaps total: 10965 10 K
 blackninja said
This is a rant.

Guys, I have all systems but I play my Switch the most. I find it odd that people love backward compatible or retro games so much that they push new 8 and 16 bit games on Switch users like they are grade A titles. I think the quality of a game is independent on graphics and dependent on game play (look at Fortnite), but come on! Celeste is one of the Switch's most celebrated games and deserves to be because of gameplay and narrative. However, I am not going for the okie doke and accepting that a newer system, even the least powerful, should have developers dropping 8 bit games on us as an acceptable standard.

My point is that Sony and MS have backwards compatible and retro games as a bonus, while Nintendo has them as a feature. Regardless, developers should be happy that they can get paid again for old work. Nintendo encourages developers to make "new" games from the 90s to flood their online store with. Sure, there are pros to that, but we need more real Class A titles. Maybe I should give Stadia a try so I can have more portable flagship games until PS goes back to its original vision of PSNow and Xcloud comes to iOS.

Ok. My rant is over.
Iím personally a fan of those 8 and 16 bit games but I also get exactly what you saying and agree. Iím damn sure not getting a PS5 to play games like Celeste 2 as hype as I would be for that. yíall can make that sh*t for the PS2 for crying out loud
+2   

3 weeks ago '05        #43
blackninja 
space
space
Props total: 14637 14 K  Slaps total: 1454 1 K
 SPdaGOAT said
I’m personally a fan of those 8 and 16 bit games but I also get exactly what you saying and agree. I’m damn sure not getting a PS5 to play games like Celeste 2 as hype as I would be for that. y’all can make that sh*t for the PS2 for crying out loud
Yeah. I think we may have gone back and forth on this before. If you go into the Switch online store, it is 8 and 16 bit game overload. That just seems ridiculous for a flagship console like the Switch. And i think ALL systems should have some form of backwards compatibility because there is no technological reason for them not to and they do not have to physically make games. That is why I love PSNow you have instant access to countless old games that you may have missed. But the PS4 has been around so long that some of them are just old PS4 games.

Last edited by blackninja; 01-03-2020 at 10:55 AM..
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #44
mumbosauce 
space
space
space
Props total: 18886 18 K  Slaps total: 2610 2 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
. Who buys a new system to play old games. Sony will have old ps1-ps4 titles downloadable online and technically that's not backwards compatibility.
New systems have sh*t games when they first come out... Why not play good games from previous generation

Me personally I want to play Street f*ghter x Tekken. It's the only SF not on PS4 and it blows me to have to boot up PS3 to run it.
+1   

3 weeks ago '14        #45
breezeus313 
space
space
space
Props total: 1842 1 K  Slaps total: 111 111
Honesty Being backward compatible would keep a lot of them small mom and pop store open and give devs opportunity to make money off their old games

3 weeks ago '17        #46
1Oh 
space
space
Props total: 24063 24 K  Slaps total: 969 969
I don't understand why anyone would be against backwards compatibility. I still got a ton of PS1,PS2 and PS3 games that wouldn't mind having access to without plugging up an old console.

Xbox One BC this gen was great.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #47
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 Doc Logical said

@ Iím disappointed in you.

That n*gga has lied and lied and bullsh*t for at least a decade plus. You should know better than to post his
That's why I said it sound good but

I just wanted to see how yall would feel about the feature, first red flag is when he said it will have ps3 BC off the disc everything Iv'e read about that suggest its damn near impossible

Top 10 most propped recently  3 weeks ago '18        #48
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23256 23 K  Slaps total: 8220 8 K
 mumbosauce said
New systems have sh*t games when they first come out... Why not play good games from previous generation

Me personally I want to play Street f*ghter x Tekken. It's the only SF not on PS4 and it blows me to have to boot up PS3 to run it.

Just keep ur ps3.. That's the developers fault tho. Systems use to launch with A-list titles. Or simply dnt buy until a game comes out that u want.

3 weeks ago '04        #49
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Bc cost too much for Sony ur definitely not gonna be able to put ps1-5 games in there and play . Each system has different architecture and that would cost hell of money that Sony dnt have. Also why everytime a new system come out u dudes hollering about Backwards Compatibility. Who buys a new system to play old games. Sony will have old ps1-ps4 titles downloadable online and technically that's not backwards compatibility.

PS4 and ps5 will be based off the same 86x architecture and data mining already proved that the PS4 was completely capable of full BC with the PSX and the PS2 Sony just didn't wanna do it.

on to your question.

the short answer is because people want to take their games with them. plus, there are a few things to consider with this generation specifically.....

1.most of our Backlogs are huge - I have many many games I haven't even got to play or that I only got to play once and would like to run through again like Witcher 3, God of war or Vampyr, I'm not gonna just drop these games because the new sh*t is out yeah I keep all my old systems but if I can avoid having to make space for my OG xbox/360/One X and Ps2/3/4 to go along with my series X and ps5 I'd like to.

2.Cloud tech will breathe life into alot of these older games - playing an OG xbox game on you huge tv might not look so great but being able to stream that joint to my cell phone or tablet is like breathing new life into it.

3.some of us just like to play all of our sh*t - no explanation need here.
+2   

3 weeks ago '14        #50
Doc Logical  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x14
space
space
Props total: 92840 92 K  Slaps total: 27071 27 K
 Ra-da-god said
That's why I said it sound good but

I just wanted to see how yall would feel about the feature, first red flag is when he said it will have ps3 BC off the disc everything Iv'e read about that suggest its damn near impossible

That n*gga STAY with the bullsh*t.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  54
Image(s) inside Aspiring rapper arrested for double murder thinks he'll be famous once..
52 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  52
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+17online now  44
Image(s) inside I double dare...
274 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+24online now  30
Irv Gotti SLIPS UP! Admits To Part In The MURDER Of 50 Cent & Prodigy's Homie ..
154 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy