Rumored Ps5 feature, it sound good but.....

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

4 weeks ago '04        #1
5207 page views
82 comments

Ra-da-god 
space
space
Props total: 4962 4 K  Slaps total: 573 573
Rumored Ps5 feature, it sound good but.....

I remember M$ was talking about the legal issues that come with BC an how you have to jump through alot of hopes to get games on the new system, phil spoke at length about the challenge with older gamer especially. he said basically you have to get permission from the dev to make a game BC so if yo want to use a game who's dev no longer exists you cant use the game or if the game is cleared but they no longer have the license for a sound effect you cant use the game its crazy.

dont get me wrong if I can put my ps1/2/3/4 disc into my ps5 and play and I get the up res options like with my one X that might be checkmate if Xbox's BC isnt as robust, I'm excitied to see how this all is going to work.
+14   

best
worst
82 comments

4 weeks ago '15        #2
Minkscobar!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17875 17 K  Slaps total: 5006 5 K
n*ggas be capping... Who wouldnt want to have their old game, on the newer system. Means there is still interest in there game, which could possibly lead to a new game. n*ggas always say a bunch of nothing to simply say they really dont want to do something.. You think a game creator/developer is going to turn down a opportunity to gain income on something they already created.. GTFOH!!!!
+21   

4 weeks ago '17        #3
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45178 45 K  Slaps total: 10982 10 K
 Minkscobar! said
n*ggas be capping... Who wouldnt want to have their old game, on the newer system. Means there is still interest in there game, which could possibly lead to a new game. n*ggas always say a bunch of nothing to simply say they really dont want to do something.. You think a game creator/developer is going to turn down a opportunity to gain income on something they already created.. GTFOH!!!!
Backwards compatibility is dope, but I buy new systems for new games. I get why everyone wants it tho, Iím one of those geeks that likes keeping systems
+7   

4 weeks ago '15        #4
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
Backwards compatibility is dope, but I buy new systems for new games. I get why everyone wants it tho, Iím one of those geeks that likes keeping systems
Dont get me wrong Im not going to play old games.. But sometimes when me and my homies catch up, we do get nostalgic and I have the "Street f*ghter 20 year collection" and we play those old games and we talk about how much money we spent on those games and how terrible those games ARE now... It is fun to have the ability to play those old games.. But dont tell me that the fu*king creator of the game is not going to sign off on it..
+7   

4 weeks ago '14        #5
mumbosauce 
space
space
space
Props total: 18899 18 K  Slaps total: 2610 2 K
PS4 is confirmed already but if I could get PS3 as well that'd be awesome

Last edited by mumbosauce; 01-02-2020 at 07:32 PM..
+9   

4 weeks ago '19        #6
1mcchicken2go 
space
space
Props total: 269 269  Slaps total: 21 21
I wonder how backward compatibility will affect online play for ps2 games
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #7
PolloFrito 
space
space
Props total: 1313 1 K  Slaps total: 98 98
I played Mafia II cause I wanted the story before starting Mafia 3.
Cool story and game overall but it definitely didn't age all that well.
I want to play Red Dead but I feel like I'll run into those same issues.
Anything pre 2014 just doesn't look/feel right.
BC, beyond PS4, is a cool feature but no deal breaker for me.
+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #8
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78726 78 K  Slaps total: 4847 4 K
 mumbosauce said
PS4 I'd confirmed already but if I could get PS3 as well that'd be awesome
Cell architecture is way to complicated for hardware emulation. Looks like you're gonna have to deal with PS Now.

+2   

4 weeks ago '17        #9
Naga Sadow  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 78726 78 K  Slaps total: 4847 4 K
 1mcchicken2go said
Playstation is extremely quick to drop online support for games. Forget the PS2, they've dropped online support for some PS4 games.
+4   

4 weeks ago '17        #10
Lazy 
space
space
space
Props total: 12071 12 K  Slaps total: 1441 1 K
 Minkscobar! said
Tell Konami that

It happens all the time
+1   

4 weeks ago '19        #11
1mcchicken2go 
space
space
Props total: 269 269  Slaps total: 21 21
 Naga Sadow said
Playstation is extremely quick to drop online support for games. Forget the PS2, they've dropped online support for some PS4 games.
Yeah I figured servers for old games were gonna stay down. My hopes weren't high, but it would have dope to clap some people on Socom 2 and Battlefront 2 one more time.
+6   

4 weeks ago '15        #12
space
space
 Lazy said
Tell Konami that

It happens all the time
Beside Metal Gear, what is Konami offering the world of gamers ?

4 weeks ago '14        #13
mumbosauce 
space
space
space
Props total: 18899 18 K  Slaps total: 2610 2 K
 Naga Sadow said
Cell architecture is way to complicated for hardware emulation. Looks like you're gonna have to deal with PS Now.

Still got my PS3... maybe PS6

4 weeks ago '18        #14
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 3927 3 K  Slaps total: 240 240
 1mcchicken2go said
Yeah I figured servers for old games were gonna stay down. My hopes weren't high, but it would have dope to clap some people on Socom 2 and Battlefront 2 one more time.
Man I miss socom 2....
+5   

4 weeks ago '14        #15
Swade009  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
space
Props total: 11648 11 K  Slaps total: 7461 7 K
 BlaqThum said
Man I miss socom 2....
Rumors seem to be confirming Socom is a launch title

The only games that haven't released on that list are Socom and Bloodbourne 2 and the rumor is both will be PS5 launch titles Bloodbourne may be a Demon souls remake.

Bu the way it has R6 siege guy running it with 2 other guys from the socom confrontation and Socom 2 and it's being made by guerilla games so yo uh know the graphics will be on point.
+3   

4 weeks ago '04        #16
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 1mcchicken2go said
those servers are long gone bro
+2   

4 weeks ago '04        #17
Ra-da-god  OP
space
space
 PolloFrito said
some game hold up better than others, I beat Red dead last year sh*t held up well and it looked great in 4k, I beat MAss effect 2 & 3 last month and them sh*t were still mad fun and looked good I'm playing witcher 2 now and it's cool, not as smooth as witcher 3 but very much playable.
+1   

4 weeks ago '18        #18
RazorRaheem 
space
space
Props total: 249 249  Slaps total: 21 21
 PolloFrito said
Was playing Mafia 2 before 3 came out just to go back and revisit memories also, it what about the game didnít age well to you? I felt the game was the same as it always has been it was a solid 7/10 with a great story, decent driving mechanics true to the era they set the game in the 1940ís/50ís and the voice acting was great. Very curious to see what you didnít like elaborate a bit bruh!
+3   

4 weeks ago '18        #19
BlaqThum 
space
space
Props total: 3927 3 K  Slaps total: 240 240
 Swade009 said
Rumors seem to be confirming Socom is a launch title

The only games that haven't released on that list are Socom and Bloodbourne 2 and the rumor is both will be PS5 launch titles Bloodbourne may be a Demon souls remake.

Bu the way it has R6 siege guy running it with 2 other guys from the socom confrontation and Socom 2 and it's being made by guerilla games so yo uh know the graphics will be on point.
Shyt if that and gta are launch titles imma have to first day it fa sure

Top 10 most propped recently  4 weeks ago '16        #20
NYNY 
space
space
Props total: 12994 12 K  Slaps total: 2688 2 K
sh*t imagine bein able to play pretty much every game released on a PlayStation ever on one console
+6   

4 weeks ago '13        #21
Mr K 
space
space
Props total: 8491 8 K  Slaps total: 1390 1 K
Every new console we wished backwards compatibility and we get disappointed every new generation. I still got GOAT PS2 and PS3 games. I just wont get my hope's up, besides the game industry hasn't been going in the right direction for years now. It's about the money and show and no longer entertainment for alot titles. sh*t kinda hurt B

Last edited by Mr K; 01-02-2020 at 11:31 PM..

4 weeks ago '05        #22
stanis3k  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 811 811  Slaps total: 65 65
i got a ton of ps3 games that i havent even touched, if i could play them on the ps5 and get rid of my ps3, that will be dope, clear my entertainment center
+2   

4 weeks ago '19        #23
GDubs 
space
space
Props total: 2298 2 K  Slaps total: 584 584
It’s all about bc
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #24
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
space
Props total: 23502 23 K  Slaps total: 8254 8 K
 Ra-da-god said

I remember M$ was talking about the legal issues that come with BC an how you have to jump through alot of hopes to get games on the new system, phil spoke at length about the challenge with older gamer especially. he said basically you have to get permission from the dev to make a game BC so if yo want to use a game who's dev no longer exists you cant use the game or if the game is cleared but they no longer have the license for a sound effect you cant use the game its crazy.

dont get me wrong if I can put my ps1/2/3/4 disc into my ps5 and play and I get the up res options like with my one X that might be checkmate if Xbox's BC isnt as robust, I'm excitied to see how this all is going to work.
Bc cost too much for Sony ur definitely not gonna be able to put ps1-5 games in there and play . Each system has different architecture and that would cost hell of money that Sony dnt have. Also why everytime a new system come out u dudes hollering about Backwards Compatibility. Who buys a new system to play old games. Sony will have old ps1-ps4 titles downloadable online and technically that's not backwards compatibility.

4 weeks ago '18        #25
HoggUp 
space
space
space
Props total: 345 345  Slaps total: 41 41
I'd play the Dark Cloud series again.
+3   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+212online now  15
Chick on twitter tweets why game hasnít commented on Kobe lmaoo
87 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+197online now  12
Been watching new, tributes, memorials of Kob all day, figured a bit out
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
-34online now  9
Prophet of God predicts a sudden death of major b-ball player back in 2011
42 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+84online now  2
Kobe and Wife Vanessa Had a Deal That They Would Never Fly on a Helicopter..
182 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy