BREAKING: SONY (Once Again) Skipping E3 2020

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
121 comments @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section games

1 week ago '06        #51
V For Vendetta 
space
space
Props total: 8624 8 K  Slaps total: 685 685
One video on YouTube gets more views than everyone attending E3

It's unfortunately on the way out, but it was a good run

But paying millions of dollars just to compete with all your rivals for a little bit of attention is pointless.

Nintendo figured it out first and now Sony is following suit; Microsoft will be next.

1 week ago '17        #52
Cant Read Sh1t 
space
space
Props total: 17472 17 K  Slaps total: 1696 1 K
sony doesn't need e3

e3 needs sony

MS needs e3 no sony means less attendees and less viewers for them

1 week ago '04        #53
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
Props total: 4651 4 K  Slaps total: 2055 2 K
 AlBooBoo said
Your definitely not wrong with that point. They def using e3 notoriety for the publicity

Iím just saying at this point I think they have outgrown it to an extent. I ainít saying that E3 isnít important. Itís just a different time

Nintendo does directs all throughout the year. I think other about to follow suit
yeah, inside xbox, state of play, nintendo direct all those have yearly schedules..

sh*t MS has gone as far as making they own conference with XO... but they still stand up for e3
+2   

1 week ago '04        #54
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 V For Vendetta said
One video on YouTube gets more views than everyone attending E3

It's unfortunately on the way out, but it was a good run

But paying millions of dollars just to compete with all your rivals for a little bit of attention is pointless.

Nintendo figured it out first and now Sony is following suit; Microsoft will be next.
one trailer from e3 can do the same thing fam.. stop playing around..

trailers dont have replayability... how many people listen to a song once then never ever again?

plenty of folks watch a trailer once, and never again... not exactly the same thing bro...

but none the less an trailer at e3 can garner just as muhc attention as any youtube vid

1 week ago '04        #55
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Chuck_Remixed said
It wasn't just that Sony wasn't there, that was what Jason was eluding to in his tweet. It's not that hard to figure out. ESA has to figure out their own situation. Theirs many more events outside of E3, it's up the ESA to make it stay relevant. Not Sony nor Nintendo. I'll reiterate for the last time, Sony will make it's move when it does. The eyeballs will follow it, it doesn't have to be at E3 anymore to be as effective as they need to be. May suck for E3 but that's what they have chosen. MS will have to floor to themselves like last year, maybe they'll actually make waves this time around.
ok, fair enuff...

perhaps im going on a bit of nostalgia as well... e3 being a point of interest for the lsat 10 plus years of my early summer routine...

shame if they cant turn things around, its a loss if they happen not to exist one day

1 week ago '18        #56
WeedCanuckman 
space
space
Props total: 9685 9 K  Slaps total: 3826 3 K
 cuzjuan said
so ur canadian acting like a british yute....
cool story bro...

as i said, ur very weird!

they talk like that no where in canada weirdo!

like give TOP BOY a rest my yute... u on some imaginary gangsta BS

infact keep yapping..

i know u must be widely respected for your unique vernacular in your real life social life
Keep being mad ya xbox wastemans innit

1 week ago '14        #57
NewLegends 
space
space
Props total: 14414 14 K  Slaps total: 2202 2 K
 cuzjuan said
no they not.. do u even know what marketing is?

they debuted a logo... and teaser for god fall and both were widely ridiculed..
saving grace is BC

xbox gave you a console trailer launch game trailers (halo, senua) n in game graphics running on xsx engines... all 3 widely heralded..

add the xplay announcements, and console specs xbox is outta here right now...

and if sony doesnt bring the heat soon xbox just has to show games at E3...
they are literally falling behind as of now sony is
That stupid logo garnered more attention than Xboxís actual console reveal. Sony is handling things in a way where itís all eyes on them every time they do things. The actual console reveal, which I think is coming soon is going to be huge. A lot more so than than the Xbox.

1 week ago '16        #58
Novii 
space
space
space
Props total: 2048 2 K  Slaps total: 253 253
 cuzjuan said
yeah it a shame on the whole... i basically plan my week around the first few days of E3... it really sucks that they doing this cause of beef with the ESA, like grow the fu*k up and get some balls SONY...

it's unfortunate that their stance on E3 is reflecting their stance of late... NOT WANTING TO SHARE THEIR PLATFORM WITH ANYONE (unless you conform to their agenda)... but its about the fans..

some may think last E3 didnt hurt tham, but it kinda did because xbox has gained major ground since then and im quite sure they could have staved off some of xbox's momentum if they had actually showed up...

well see what they got planned tho, still sucks about E3 tho, that bums me out!
Iím convinced youíre fried. Sony doesnít have competition. Sony is in a field where they reign king, as proven by last gen and previous gens outside of ps3.

Youíre talking all this sh*t about business and marketing when you havenít realized that this is a form of marketing as well because one simple announcement about missing e3 and now theyíve gone viral again. You know what the most EFFECTIVE and OLDEST form of marketing is? Word of mother fu*king mouth. Sonyís got people talking, and console makers on their toes. Because theyíre king. And people pay attention to the king. Even IF Microsoft makes a million announcements, how does that affect Sony outside of the fact that itís just going to drive up more interest because it automatically becomes a ďomg Xbox is serious this year, I wonder what Sony is going to doĒ scenario. So even when you talk about Xbox youíre thinking and talking about SONY.

Play station has the biggest customer base. They donít need a third party event like e3. When apple does their flagship line up, is Samsung at the same event? Does apple lose money? Does apple lose views? How many people in the world? Would it make sense to have all phone companies under one roof? Bugatti doesnít pay for ads. Neither does rolls Royce or lambo. Sony ALREADY HAS BRAND AWARENESS so why do they NEEED e3? They launched ps4 with e3 because they had something to prove for letting their crown slip the previous gen after being king for ps1 and ps2. Social media is a different beast from 7 years ago. The audience is the world and they know that from numbers from their own show.

Who the fu*k cares, sit back like the rest of us and wait for them to drop what theyíre gonna drop, itís going to be flames regardless. Sony ainít missing no meals fam

1 week ago '17        #59
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22359 22 K  Slaps total: 3958 3 K
 NewLegends said
That stupid logo garnered more attention than Xbox’s actual console reveal. Sony is handling things in a way where it’s all eyes on them every time they do things. The actual console reveal, which I think is coming soon is going to be huge. A lot more so than than the Xbox.
Wait.. this boring a*s sh*t garnered attention?

You hear that crowd?

NOPE.. me neither

+1   

1 week ago '05        #60
TonyCartagena 
space
space
space
Props total: 39911 39 K  Slaps total: 5539 5 K
Sony Didnt Go Last Year And They Still Won E3

1 week ago '06        #61
Skateboard T 
space
space
Props total: 51680 51 K  Slaps total: 7076 7 K
 cuzjuan said
xbox and other developers go hard, i dont know if youve noticed... but
the last 3-5 years now developers are going extra hard on their own holding thier own pressers as well...

it shows how much the industry has grown that DEVS on their own are makign so many games at once they dont need to have a publisher/console maker to promote their wares...

thats what that means..
Yeah thatís why I said console makers. Devs have to go hard at e3 itís their biggest stage.

Microsoft doesnít go as hard at e3 as it did x019.
Sony saves everything for PlayStation experience.
Nintendo debuts everything at the treehouse event.
E3 is for developers, not the big console companies.

1 week ago '14        #62
NewLegends 
space
space
 Lite said
Wait.. this boring a*s sh*t garnered attention?

You hear that crowd?

NOPE.. me neither

That logo is the most liked post on Instagram in gaming history with more than 10 times as many as the Xbox console reveal. Like it or not thatís attention and they did it at an event thatís not traditionally for games.

They let the gaming community know itís coming and left them wanting more. The actual console reveal is going to be huge.
+2   

1 week ago '15        #63
Minkscobar!  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 17740 17 K  Slaps total: 4980 4 K
You think, because Sony doesnt have a booth at E3, this will somehow hinder the sales of the PS5

1 week ago '14        #64
El Caballero 
space
space
Props total: 39254 39 K  Slaps total: 3103 3 K
 Chuck_Remixed said
E3 has increasingly become irrelevant. Theirs so many events now that Sony can choose to do. Only MS is left doing this sh*t of the big 3. Theirs suppose to be more publishers pulling out this year too. The doxx sh*t last year left a lot of people with a bad taste in there mouths too.
When I was little I used to care about these shows like E3. Now I don't care at all.

1 week ago '17        #65
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45120 45 K  Slaps total: 10965 10 K
 NewLegends said
That logo is the most liked post on Instagram in gaming history with more than 10 times as many as the Xbox console reveal. Like it or not thatís attention and they did it at an event thatís not traditionally for games.

They let the gaming community know itís coming and left them wanting more. The actual console reveal is going to be huge.
The talk after that logo reveal was nuts
+1   

1 week ago '17        #66
Lite  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 22359 22 K  Slaps total: 3958 3 K
 NewLegends said

Yea and tacko fall could get voted in as an all star and only played 30 NBA minutes

Mfs could have had a blank logo and ps stans would have ate that sh*t up

sh*t was boring and logo was wack and you know it
+1   

1 week ago '10        #67
acegutta22  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 9818 9 K  Slaps total: 2313 2 K
 Cant Read Sh1t said
sony doesn't need e3

e3 needs sony

MS needs e3 no sony means less attendees and less viewers for them
So nobody likes E3 anymore E3 is like Christmas to me
+2   

1 week ago '14        #68
NewLegends 
space
space
 Lite said
Yea and tacko fall could get voted in as an all star and only played 30 NBA minutes

Mfs could have had a blank logo and ps stans would have ate that sh*t up

sh*t was boring and logo was wack and you know it
I called it stupid and I never said it was interesting. I said it garnered a ridiculous amount of attention and Sonyís marketing was working
+2   

1 week ago '17        #69
SPdaGOAT  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 45120 45 K  Slaps total: 10965 10 K
 acegutta22 said
We practically get it year round now

1 week ago '14        #70
NewLegends 
space
space
 acegutta22 said
I still do. I love watching companies present trailers with no introduction and then getting hype when itís some fire I was waiting for
+1   

1 week ago '16        #71
TrillPeez 
space
space
Props total: 36938 36 K  Slaps total: 7250 7 K
Everyone has their own conferences now...no one cares about E3 like they did a decade ago

1 week ago '04        #72
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 Novii said
Iím convinced youíre fried. Sony doesnít have competition. Sony is in a field where they reign king, as proven by last gen and previous gens outside of ps3.

Youíre talking all this sh*t about business and marketing when you havenít realized that this is a form of marketing as well because one simple announcement about missing e3 and now theyíve gone viral again. You know what the most EFFECTIVE and OLDEST form of marketing is? Word of mother fu*king mouth. Sonyís got people talking, and console makers on their toes. Because theyíre king. And people pay attention to the king. Even IF Microsoft makes a million announcements, how does that affect Sony outside of the fact that itís just going to drive up more interest because it automatically becomes a ďomg Xbox is serious this year, I wonder what Sony is going to doĒ scenario. So even when you talk about Xbox youíre thinking and talking about SONY.

Play station has the biggest customer base. They donít need a third party event like e3. When apple does their flagship line up, is Samsung at the same event? Does apple lose money? Does apple lose views? How many people in the world? Would it make sense to have all phone companies under one roof? Bugatti doesnít pay for ads. Neither does rolls Royce or lambo. Sony ALREADY HAS BRAND AWARENESS so why do they NEEED e3? They launched ps4 with e3 because they had something to prove for letting their crown slip the previous gen after being king for ps1 and ps2. Social media is a different beast from 7 years ago. The audience is the world and they know that from numbers from their own show.

Who the fu*k cares, sit back like the rest of us and wait for them to drop what theyíre gonna drop, itís going to be flames regardless. Sony ainít missing no meals fam
all what youre saying is pretty much true.. but, my main argument was they coulda stopped or stunted some of the gains xbox made since last e3. does potentially losing 10% of the base next gen hurt them, nah not really they may gain another 20M subcribers this gen. but like i said in another post for xbox, gaining 10-15M new subs isnt shabby.. no matter what sony does, if my scenario pans out, and xbox comes out of next gen with 65-75/80M subs. even if sony has more consoles sold, it still looks good for xbox.

like phill said if he can get more into the foreign market theres growth there too.. but all in all ur right, i was trying to make a point beyond that..

it does appear that e3 needs them more than sony needs e3
+1   

1 week ago '04        #73
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 NewLegends said
That stupid logo garnered more attention than Xboxís actual console reveal. Sony is handling things in a way where itís all eyes on them every time they do things. The actual console reveal, which I think is coming soon is going to be huge. A lot more so than than the Xbox.
im not sure it has but if it has, its not in a good way.
despite what some may think not all publicity is good publicity

1 week ago '04        #74
cuzjuan  OP
space
space
 WeedCanuckman said
Keep being mad ya xbox wastemans innit
rich, n clever

1 week ago '16        #75
Novii 
space
space
space
Props total: 2048 2 K  Slaps total: 253 253
 cuzjuan said
all what youre saying is pretty much true.. but, my main argument was they coulda stopped or stunted some of the gains xbox made since last e3. does potentially losing 10% of the base next gen hurt them, nah not really they may gain another 20M subcribers this gen. but like i said in another post for xbox, gaining 10-15M new subs isnt shabby.. no matter what sony does, if my scenario pans out, and xbox comes out of next gen with 65-75/80M subs. even if sony has more consoles sold, it still looks good for xbox.

like phill said if he can get more into the foreign market theres growth there too.. but all in all ur right, i was trying to make a point beyond that..

it does appear that e3 needs them more than sony needs e3

Ok, if your point is you can always make more money ESSENTIALLY then youíre absolutely right. Itís worth it if ps picks up extra subs especially if itís even 1m new subs.

Still remains they donít need e3, but promo is promo and these days sonys been acting very SHY. so many concept and rumour videos about ps5 for yeeaaarrs. Theyíre riding the sh*t out of the ďmysteryĒ reveal. Leading us by a fu*king carrot with little details here and there. Itís annoying but EXCITING.

Honestly I want Xbox to step it up, because when one giant steps it up it forces the others to do the same. Regardless of the console war we always win. I gotta switch and two pro ps4s. Maybe this is the year I get an Xbox since 360 days.
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+28online now  52
Image(s) inside Aspiring rapper arrested for double murder thinks he'll be famous once..
52 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  46
Image(s) inside Jan 21 - Worker's dead body exposed after tarp falls from Hard Rock NO..
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+24online now  31
Irv Gotti SLIPS UP! Admits To Part In The MURDER Of 50 Cent & Prodigy's Homie ..
153 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+62online now  29
Aaron Rodgers ĎI Donít Know How You Can Believe in a Godí
384 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy