Feb 14 - Student Loan borrowers are now refusing to repay it back...

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section news

2 months ago '10        #201
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13788 13 K  Slaps total: 14973 14 K
 Pythagoras said
These aren't numbers.

And per hour? Really? Are electricians charging $100/hour and working 40 hours a week? Do they receive health insurance and other related benefits? A 401-k match? These are relevant questions.

You are correct, those are all very relevant questions. I think during your apprenticeship you'd be working 40+ hours per week and take up $20/30/hr plus benefits.

Once you go through your 4-5 years of apprenticeship you have lots of options, once of which would be starting your own business.

Some people like having their own business as they can make more money, work fewer hours.

Some people like the structure of working under someone else, and having them take care of all of the stressful things like paperwork and health insurance, taxes, etc.

Its really up to you man. Keep asking questions though. You're asking the right ones and I like it. Not sure how old you are but like I said before, I wish I had taken a different career path.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #202
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
Props total: 4785 4 K  Slaps total: 1762 1 K
 DannyDoubleBags said
This is the same mentality I have. Like I’m slightly salty if they achieve their goals cause I wouldn’t have benefited from this for my debt. But I got three kids and am not looking forward to that college bill when it comes.
the problem is that you all a*sume college university is the only way, if you dont have enough to pay for it then it aint for you. no matter how good the jobs these kids get is, it wont outweigh the benfits of just getting a job from the jump with no debt. they will be in debt for life while some guy at mcdonalds is living cool.

now if youre not retarded you can get into trades or a factory job, plenty of jobs pay well without college university. The real scam is convincing everybody they need that extra education.
+2   

2 months ago '08        #203
Kewop Decam 
space
space
space
Props total: 21203 21 K  Slaps total: 1909 1 K
 AlmightySae said
Exactly. If I don’t use my cc my score will go down. Makes no sense. I only use my cc for big purchases though
If possible, use your CC for all purchases and your bills and pay it all off at the end of the money.

Your credit score will soar. CS is a stupid whacky thing, but it is what it is.
+2   

2 months ago '16        #204
stop resisting 
space
space
Props total: 11978 11 K  Slaps total: 11758 11 K
 DadeCounty said
You can’t tell these McDonald’s employees like @ sh*t. Let them enjoy their life of lower income housing living bro.
Get out your feelings my guy

Those are female traits
+1   

2 months ago '16        #205
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
 ClapBackJack said
I still don't understand how nikkaz making less than 200k can afford children. I really don't
living frugal instead of excessively. ive never been abroad, and couldnt care less to honest. no matter where you go theres some guy who cant wait to leave and go somewhere else. traveling is overrated, and a big waste of money. if you have debt and are going on vacation youre a fu*king idiot.

2 months ago '06        #206
LeMar G 
space
space
Props total: 63558 63 K  Slaps total: 6763 6 K
Taxes gone

Garnishment incoming

Dont take sh*t you dont know you can pay back

you gambled and lost
+1   

2 months ago '06        #207
xastey 
space
space
Props total: 4846 4 K  Slaps total: 450 450
I payed back all my loans except 1.. sh*t is like 40k.. haven't paid it in about 4-5 years.. now they send me crap to pay like $28k..
Everytime it comes up I just dispute it and it's knocked off..

On my second house pay like 30k in taxes each year (self employed) and living life.

sh*t ain't doing crap, I'm not paying these bi*ches they want like 800+1k a month.. no way I'm paying that sh*t I don't give a dam . Call it borrowed time or what every but there is a time limit when they can't even sue your a*s for money. Credit is fine..
I get high credit offers all the time.

Maybe I'm lucky dunno but these bi*ches didn't want to work with me on a payment plan so fu*k them

Last edited by xastey; 02-14-2020 at 02:24 PM..
+2   

2 months ago '16        #208
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
I think you two are missing my point

I don't care about what they're protesting about, I don't care what anyone is protesting about. The fact is they have a right to protest if they're American

Its just hilarious to me how people who protest get different looks from society.

Like a bunch of 50 year olds with rifles and riot gear on storming a government/administration building where old women are filing papers is considered a perfect protest and yall huff and puff your chests out in excitement over that sh*t

But a bunch of fat nerds who can't afford Sallie Mae are a threat that you all have to type all strong about

Peaceful protesting is the most American thing a person can do. To deny someones right to protest, to alter it, to obstruct it, or to hinder it in anyway is un-American
nobody mad that they are exercising their right to protest, were mad at the audacity they have to be protesting about this. is they said we want free education, then fine, but saying we want it and we wont pay off the debt we agreed to pay off is not the same. fu*k these entitled idiots.

2 months ago '17        #209
Pythagoras 
space
space
space
Props total: 12822 12 K  Slaps total: 3204 3 K
 Frasier said
You are correct, those are all very relevant questions. I think during your apprenticeship you'd be working 40+ hours per week and take up $20/30/hr plus benefits.

Once you go through your 4-5 years of apprenticeship you have lots of options, once of which would be starting your own business.

Some people like having their own business as they can make more money, work fewer hours.

Some people like the structure of working under someone else, and having them take care of all of the stressful things like paperwork and health insurance, taxes, etc.

Its really up to you man. Keep asking questions though. You're asking the right ones and I like it. Not sure how old you are but like I said before, I wish I had taken a different career path.
I'm 30 and work in finance. I make quite a bit more than the average electrician.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #210
Brucebaner2 
space
space
space
Props total: 6414 6 K  Slaps total: 2388 2 K
 pnoi89 said
The job is one of many tools to financial freedom.
Good, both types. Getting your hands dirty is the key to success. I dont like when people talk down on blue collar jobs.
+1   

2 months ago '16        #211
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
 OldBusiness said
Exactly.

Plus we as a people have to stop having the mentality of "If I went through it, then everyone after me has to go through it!"

Thats the kicking the can down the road mentality.

Rather than fix some fu*ked up sh*t most people advocate for ensuring the generations that come after them have it just as hard or harder.

Shouldn't we want better for our younger siblings, kids, grandkids, and so on?
for one ppl want more social services but dont want to pay higher taxes, the same idiot that protests paying for school will protest paying higher taxes.

secondly this isn't being scolded cuz they want free education, its being scolded cuz they dont want to pay off the debt that they volunteered for.

2 months ago '16        #212
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
 pnoi89 said
fu*k a trade. I like being in a comfy office and instead of getting my hands dirty. I'll leave that to the laborers.
you sound soft as butter, i hope you're a women

2 months ago '10        #213
Frasier  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13788 13 K  Slaps total: 14973 14 K
 Pythagoras said
I'm 30 and work in finance. I make quite a bit more than the average electrician.
Oh ok, you're good then. Yes I'm sure you do make more then.

I thought you were a young 20 something looking for a career path or something.
+1   

2 months ago '04        #214
infam0uskills 
space
space
Props total: 9186 9 K  Slaps total: 599 599
 Pythagoras said
finance gang

2 months ago '05        #215
FalconBuddha 
space
space
Props total: 5280 5 K  Slaps total: 807 807
 SouthsideNori said
Mines was only like 4k and some change but it was from ITT Tech, that bih cancelled out when they closed, blessings my n*gga.
Damn, mine was like 15-20k from there and i had to apy all that sh*t back

2 months ago '06        #216
DonYBE 
space
space
Props total: 11352 11 K  Slaps total: 1055 1 K
 Simp Hand Weak said
Why give back borrowed money when you're living on borrowed time ?
Underrated post
+1   

2 months ago '16        #217
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
 Sandyy said
I aint never pay sh*t back cuh.

Got my house thru a family member on my girls side. My car i use is my dads 3rd car.

My credit bad but who cares i dont need anything that i dont already have. They gonna have to eat that as paid money for all my ancestors hard work. We square now america
none of that is reliable or sustainable, you found a way though so i respect that, just dont get too comfortable.
+2   

2 months ago '17        #218
myPOWER 
space
space
space
Props total: 4746 4 K  Slaps total: 2919 2 K
 OldBusiness said
Quoted the wrong post I didnt make an argument against credit lol
You said people have been protesting the idea of credit. I’m wondering what the logic is behind that? Or if there is even a sound argument against it.

2 months ago '16        #219
OWPE 
space
space
Props total: 20392 20 K  Slaps total: 27959 27 K
 messy marv stan said
if the irs cartel forced amazon apple etc to retroactively pay the irs mafia extortion fees with 75% intrest the student loan debt would easily shrink by 95%
There's no such thing as what you're saying.

And all those people refusing to pay just messing up their credit.

Top 10 most slapped recently  2 months ago '05        #220
pnoi89  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
space
space
Props total: 13883 13 K  Slaps total: 1594 1 K
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said
you sound soft as butter, i hope you're a women
I prefer to wear down my body on my own time at the gym, instead of at a job.
+1   

2 months ago '15        #221
dracohimself 
space
space
Props total: 3869 3 K  Slaps total: 684 684
If they ain't Reimbursing mine from 2004-07 what makes This bi*ch and current generation of bi*ches Special ????

Besides the sense of entitlement they all born with....

2 months ago '10        #222
hbonnie23 
space
space
Props total: 2245 2 K  Slaps total: 434 434
this is a danergous game they will start garnishing wages, and maybe locking people up like they do with child support I'm so glad i don't have student debt. its crazy how expensive college is.

2 months ago '09        #223
Kgdesign 
space
space
Props total: 1612 1 K  Slaps total: 233 233
 Luka Doncic said
All the people that are stupid enough to blow that money and not make enough to pay it back should live the rest of their lives in debt smh
Blow the money? Do you understand how student loans work??

Different professions pay differently and are all needed. The more the job pays, the longer you have to go to school...which means the more money you’ll have to pay. My wife is a teacher and owes about $80k. Do you know how much teachers make? No way 90% of them will be able to pay that back before they die. Before you say, “should have chosen a profession that pays more.” See above and also, if you have kids then you want them to have good teachers with a higher education than a high school diploma.
+1   

2 months ago '17        #224
fallinginpie 
space
space
space
Props total: 4602 4 K  Slaps total: 892 892
 infam0uskills said
or

work for the state/nonprofit for 10 years and get the entire balance forgiven through PSLF. At the same time youll be vested into a pension system, have a 401k along with it, etc etc. Throw in IBR payment plans and you wont pay much compared to the people who just do standard repayment.

but nah people want you to tell them all the routes and how to make it easier for em without looking into themself.

MANY OPTIONS OUT THERE
I went from one non profit to another non profit. Does that count?

2 months ago '07        #225
Tony_Stylezzz 
space
space
Props total: 1149 1 K  Slaps total: 44 44
 fallinginpie said
I went from one non profit to another non profit. Does that count?
It does count if you switch from one non profit to another non profit. Just know that 99% of the applicants get rejected when they finish the 10 years. I could not believe this when i looked into this.

Last edited by Tony_Stylezzz; 02-14-2020 at 03:01 PM..
+2   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+30online now  39
Image(s) inside Young chop posted a suspect pic of waka and southside
149 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+284online now  36
Image(s) inside Apr 4 - I’ve lost 3 family members to Coronavirus this week...
155 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Floyd Mayweather’s daughter has been arrested after stabbing NBA YOUNGB..
68 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Apr 4 - Bx, How to get a free $10,000 business grant
83 comments
1 day ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy