Feb 13 - Tyrannosaur Species Dubbed 'Reaper of Death'..........Discovered in Canada

ADVERTISEMENT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

2 months ago '08        #126
bigshock 
space
space
Props total: 856 856  Slaps total: 66 66
 Lite said
Im interested in this gasoline + dino link

Fossil Fuel

A natural fuel such as coal or gas, formed in the geological past from the remains of living organisms.

The four types of fossil fuels are petroleum, coal, natural gas and Orimulsion (capitalized because it is a proprietary, or trade, name).
+2   

2 months ago '13        #127
Mr K 
space
space
Props total: 12188 12 K  Slaps total: 2435 2 K
 PineappleOG said
I don’t have a problem with evolution, to me it doesn’t disprove god so whatever they find is cool with me
I feel you on that sure

2 months ago '16        #128
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 4497 4 K  Slaps total: 1173 1 K
 Kyu said
Go research any ancient language and find out what the word Dragon was, of course the word Dragon isn’t the same in all languages but we know what they all meant. All of them talked about the same creature. This is basic stuff
No, people just said “eh, close enough”.

2 months ago '16        #129
Eastcoast 
space
space
space
Props total: 4497 4 K  Slaps total: 1173 1 K
 PineappleOG said
Why does it matter if dinosaurs had feathers tho?
Because only Birds have feathers, so if extinct creatures had feathers, it mean that’s a feature birds and non avian dinosaurs ancestor had.

2 months ago '16        #130
BxCastro 
space
space
Props total: 16085 16 K  Slaps total: 2411 2 K
People believe the same muthafu*kas that lied to us for centuries to reveal the truth

2 months ago '04        #131
D1nOnlyMrM@ 
space
space
Props total: 7015 7 K  Slaps total: 1335 1 K
 Mr K said
Well I believe we have evidence that dinosaurs existed, but maybe they didn't exist in the manner that today's society depicts them. However I know The "dinosaur bones" that you see on display at Museums aren't really bones at all 90% or more are all replicas
This is true. They build modules on what it may have looked like using the real dinosaur bones

2 months ago '05        #132
OG T Gutta N 
space
space
Props total: 5245 5 K  Slaps total: 1679 1 K
like yall really think a comptuer with less power than a floppy disk can take a ship to the moon , cause yall dont know sh*t

n*ggas talkin bout carbon datin , n*gga when u carbon dated anything , who know a person who carbon dates sh*t ? nobody

white ppl made up dinosaurs and fake bones to one up black ppl from us building the pyramids

2 months ago '19        #133
ym7171yea  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
space
space
Props total: 4540 4 K  Slaps total: 913 913
 SimpinAintEz said
More like birds look like little dinosaurs with feathers.

didn't they discover recently that the dinosaurs almost all had feathers too?
+1   

2 months ago '13        #134
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
Props total: 33015 33 K  Slaps total: 6714 6 K
 ym7171yea said
didn't they discover recently that the dinosaurs almost all had feathers too?
I think I heard that as well. I’ll have to look into that further.

2 months ago '13        #135
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
Science is the same thing.

Evolution has the same holes as creationism. You believe in the big bang. Alien life forms, millions of planets and galaxies. Yet it is all theory. A creator should not be far fetched to you. Science and evolution does not really provide proof to anything as far as the origin of anything. At it's core it is all theory. They cannot replicate any of it.

Even cloning is not creation. It's genetic modification.

Unless they create an artificial egg and artificial semen that produces a sentient being. It's all cap to me.

Evolution is missing the key information that would legitimize it (Conveniently).

Who is this common ancestor that all of these species evolved from? And why have none of those species that evolved from that 1 ancestor not evolved again since then? Why has no other species ever shown that rate of evolution? and why did it just stop?

You believe evolution with no proof or any type of information about it's origin, but you scoff at creationism. It's pretty much the same sh*t.

No different that Muslims who ,mock Christianity when they are both the same damn story.
Holy sh*t, battling ignorance can be exhausting.

Know how I can tell you’re scientifically illiterate? You equate the colloquial usage of the word “theory” with “scientific theory. Basically equating a guess with the highest degree of certainty humanly provable.

Not even the Catholic Church, one of the most doctrinally staunch religions, is dumb enough to reject evolution and the Big Bang anymore. All they did was attribute both processes to their god (without evidence of course).

Do better.

2 months ago '13        #136
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
This is a lie. They have no transitional anything for humans. The theory is we evolved from monkeys right? Well you still have to explain neanderthals, because they are not human,

There are other theories that humans did not evolve from monkeys rather along side them, but I've never seen any information about the common ancestor.

Why is that this nameless common ancestor was able to parent so many different species of whom have yet to evolve again?'

All this does not make sense because different species cannot breed together?

If humans and neanderthals evolved from monkeys, we should still be able to breed with them? Is evolving into another species possible?

Why are Negroids and Caucasoids (Humans -Neanderthals) still in the same species and able to breed after thousands of years of separation?

To be honest creationism is more believable to me. Especially when I consider sentience and the nature of energy.
Another false dumbass statement made by a person who’s obviously scientifically illiterate. How do I know? You think scientist proclaim that evolved from monkeys.

Find me a SINGLE scientist that makes this claim and I will log off of bx and never return. I’ll wait.

Last edited by SimpinAintEz; 02-15-2020 at 05:17 AM..

2 months ago '13        #137
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 kamal1978 said
Looool u still crying, ok kid if u stop whining I'll buy u a toy dinosaur
Know how I can tell when you’re losing an argument?

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

You literally came into this thread to cry about how you didn’t believe it’s content and have been whining for pages ever since. Now you’re so desperate you think reverse psychology is your best course of action.

2 months ago '13        #138
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 Kyu said

what feathers??

You insufferable dumbass. The man is talking about Archaeopteryx and you’re up here taking snap shots of articles from mysteriously unnamed sources (probably creationist sites) talking about an entirely different species altogether.

2 months ago '13        #139
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said

Humans evolved from a primate ape ancestor, That is the theory of evolution.
Oh look at that switch up. What happened to humans “evolving from monkeys”?

Also, why don’t you actually look up what the theory of evolution states instead of hilariously spitballing.

2 months ago '16        #140
kamal1978 
space
space
space
Props total: 1860 1 K  Slaps total: 789 789
 SimpinAintEz said
Know how I can tell when you’re losing an argument?

ad ho·mi·nem
/ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

You literally came into this thread to cry about how you didn’t believe it’s content and have been whining for pages ever since. Now you’re so desperate you think reverse psychology is your best course of action.
It's sad that u think I'm arguing with u

You arguing with yourself which is crazy, you need to go out more buddy, no wonder u believe in dinosaurs

2 months ago '13        #141
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 kamal1978 said
It's sad that u think I'm arguing with u

You arguing with yourself which is crazy, you need to go out more buddy, no wonder u believe in dinosaurs
More ad hominem. Apparently responding to a post YOU sent ME is arguing with myself now.

Hey, anything to deflect from that L of a hoax accusation you tried to push off as facts.

2 months ago '13        #142
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
Are you a fu*king dumb a*s or what?

In no dictionary is the word "theory" defined as a guess.

It cannot be proven therefore it is not a fact. You can put all the other sh*t at the end of "theory" all you want. Still can't be proven or replicated. They don't even have supporting evidence to even legitimize the most important parts of these theories.

Science does not overlap with religion or creationism. Neither cancels the other out. Science deals with the mechanical or systematic workings/structure nature.

Creationism is about how it all came to be.

When science speak about origin, it's always a theory. The Big Bang is not is not a substitute for Creationism and vice versa.

theory[ thee-uh-ree, theer-ee ]
noun, plural the·o·ries.

6) contemplation or speculation

You were saying dumbass?

You’re still equating that definition of theory with scientific theory which is defined as:

Scientific Theory
noun
-a coherent group of propositions formulated to explain a group of facts or phenomena in the natural world and repeatedly confirmed through experiment or observation

Further insight for the scientific illiterate and willfully ignorant:

Theory vs Hypothesis

What "theory" means in ordinary speech:
The term "theory" means a very different thing when used in everyday conversation and in science. In our day to day speech, we often use "theory" to mean a guess or unsubstantiated idea about how something works (as in "I have a theory that gremlins are hiding my car keys").

In science, we would call such a guess a hypothesis, not a theory. A hypothesis is a proposed explanation for an observation. In this case, I am proposing that the explanation for why I can't find my car keys is that gremlins are hiding them.*

The distinction between the words "Theory" and "Hypothesis" is very important because in science "Theory" does not mean "guess". I repeat, "Theory" does not mean "guess".

So, what does the word "theory" mean in science?
According to the National Academies of Sciences, "some scientific explanations are so well established that no new evidence is likely to alter them. The explanation becomes a scientific theory. In everyday language a theory means a hunch or speculation. Not so in science. In science, the word theory refers to a comprehensive explanation of an important feature of nature supported by facts gathered over time. Theories also allow scientists to make predictions about as yet unobserved phenomena".

People who don't understand this distinction sometimes dismiss ideas saying "it's just a theory" (this is very commonly used to suggest that evolution is just speculation, for example). But, when scientists speak of the theory of gravity or the theory of evolution, they don't mean that these are random untested ideas that someone came up with after too many beers.

The AAAS (American a*sociation for the Advancement of Science), the world's largest scientific society, has this explanation of what scientists mean when they use the word "theory":
" A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment. Such fact-supported theories are not "guesses" but reliable accounts of the real world."

Because of this crucial difference in meaning, I will ask students to use the word "hypothesis" whenever they are referring to a speculation or guess about how something works.

DO BETTER.

2 months ago '13        #143
SimpinAintEz 
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
I suggest your fake smart a*s look at what my post said again. I spoke about monkeys, apes and several different theories I've heard.

I already posted what the theory of evolution was in my first post. Humans evolved from a common ape ancestor. Did i not?

Now here is what your dumb a*s cant answer. Who is that ancestor? How do you have a fact that is missing the most important piece of the puzzle (conveniently)?

Explain the rate of evolution of that ancestor and why it birthed so many species, yet none of those species or any species for that matter have evolved since then when exposed to the same isolation?

Why can't humans breed with other primates, but they could with neanderthals?

Why didn't neanderthals evolve with thousands of years of isolation?
Know how I know you’re backpedaling and dishonest?

“This is a lie. They have no transitional anything for humans. The theory is we evolved from monkeys right? Well you still have to explain neanderthals, because they are not human, “

But you didn’t say that though.

Like I said, nice switch up when you know you fu*ked up.

2 months ago '19        #144
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
I already posted what the theory of evolution was in my first post. Humans evolved from a common ape ancestor. Did i not?

Now here is what your dumb a*s cant answer. Who is that ancestor? How do you have a fact that is missing the most important piece of the puzzle (conveniently)?
science isn't like divine revelation where you get all the answers and information at once

2 months ago '19        #145
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
That is the point im making.
then why would you be surprised if there's an incomplete history of human evolution?

2 months ago '19        #146
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
I'm not surprised. That was my point all along.

He's talking about this sh*t like it's a fact and it's not. It's all theory based on incomplete information and a*sumption based on said information. Information that has changed time and time again throughout history.

Only an idiot would use science to argue against creationism.
a theory is the closest any scientific idea can come to being a fact

gravity is a theory

2 months ago '19        #147
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
I know!

Gravity can not be replicated therefore it is still a theory.

"Closet a scientific idea can come t being fact"

Case closed.

What don't you people understand about a fact vs a theory. If you cannot replicate something it is not a fact. Or a scientific fact by either definition.

You keep prefacing it with sh*t that proves my point, but you're acting as if you don't understand what I'm saying.
it's a theory because it synthesizes a lot of facts together, nothing as complicated as the origin of species would be anything other than a theory

2 months ago '19        #148
space
space
 B3ckyChas3r said
Is that not what I have been saying? These theories only piece together scattered semantical information of the mechanical or structural parts of any particular person/place/thing. A theory is formed on that information. These theories are not fact. They're presumptions based on factual information. AKA a scientific fact.
a fact is ONE piece of information

a theory is made from MANY facts put together

2 months ago '13        #149
Mr K 
space
space
Props total: 12188 12 K  Slaps total: 2435 2 K
 B3ckyChas3r said

Humans evolved from a primate ape ancestor, That is the theory of evolution.
 SimpinAintEz said
Oh look at that switch up. What happened to humans “evolving from monkeys”?

Also, why don’t you actually look up what the theory of evolution states instead of hilariously spitballing.

Oooh snap dumbass don't even know what the theory of evolution is!!!!!! Mr.simp you got to make boxden great again, you got to log off forever that was the deal yall made. I've seen gay trolling on BX before never seen nobody as ignorant yo lol. How you dumbass trolling from someone claims to be a person of science....sh*t.

Wait are you suffering from mental illness or some type of mental disability? Honestly are you retarded? Have you been in any hmmmm special classes?

2 months ago '15        #150
PineappleOG 
space
space
Props total: 31580 31 K  Slaps total: 5895 5 K
 Eastcoast said
Because only Birds have feathers, so if extinct creatures had feathers, it mean that’s a feature birds and non avian dinosaurs ancestor had.
I don’t know why that matters, still related. Just like somehow we’re all connected. I’m sure the bristles or a feather is similar atomically to hair.

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
MiAMI'S WORST HOODS AT NIGHT
121 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  15
If you got excellent credit with a stable job, now would be the time to financ..
238 comments
1 day ago
@rides
most viewed right now
-51online now  11
New Drake record “Slide” got the internet going
130 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+36online now  9
Video inside 3 Totally Free & Legal Sites To Stream Shows From That You May Not Know..
68 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy