Received this for Christmas Cadillac Xt6 fully loaded

ADVERTISEMENT

most viewed right now
+38  125
77 comments @sports

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section rides

3 months ago '09        #26
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1761 1 K  Slaps total: 378 378
 Onetrubeing816 said
In response .....learned that the parts are expensive.....alot of mechanics dont like working on them and if they do they charge an arm and a leg.......tons of electronics so alot more room for electronic failure and damage....more money to fix.....but I love the way they look...they way they smell ...and like I said earlier u dont drive a caddy u float in one.....just not worth the headache to be honest ......also side note ....my cousin is a certified master mechanic and when I took my caddy to him he was like o hell no I'll fix it one time and one time only after that u on your own.
I say this to everyone, I will never but a luxury car. You have to use premium gas, Insurance is more expensive and maintenance is more expensive. I will buy the top trim of an "affordable car" but never a luxury car. Car makers even have premium trims now that give you most luxury features. Luxury cars do give you better performance though
+4   

3 months ago '10        #27
M2CEO 
space
space
space
Props total: 6846 6 K  Slaps total: 1123 1 K
your mom really has a nice cadillac!
+6   

3 months ago '05        #28
projectd06 
space
space
Props total: 18600 18 K  Slaps total: 5126 5 K
fu*k yourself

I mean that in every way, but it all stems from jealousy.
+2   

3 months ago '04        #29
tdm2000 
space
space
Props total: 964 964  Slaps total: 138 138
Beautiful!
+1   

3 months ago '06        #30
king kum  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1 OP
space
space
Props total: 2363 2 K  Slaps total: 952 952
[quote=M2CEO;51553038]your mom really has a nice

Last edited by king kum; 12-27-2019 at 10:46 PM..

3 months ago '14        #31
Cuttysark 
space
space
Props total: 19503 19 K  Slaps total: 1241 1 K
Fly sh*t

3 months ago '19        #32
PRo 
space
space
space
Props total: 4436 4 K  Slaps total: 422 422
How that bi*ch ride?
Is she quick for her size?
What the factory speakers hitting on?

3 months ago '11        #33
Mr X 
space
space
Props total: 789 789  Slaps total: 331 331
Sorry to hear that. Should have got a Tesla.

Driving a Tesla changes your life. Driving a gas burning toxic polluting cadillac does not.

3 months ago '17        #34
YoungOG 
space
space
Props total: 7660 7 K  Slaps total: 2075 2 K
that roof is ridiculous..nice whip
+1   

3 months ago '05        #35
bx old head  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
space
space
Props total: 34798 34 K  Slaps total: 2576 2 K
 Mr X said

Driving a Tesla changes your life. Driving a gas burning toxic polluting cadillac does not.

3 months ago '07        #36
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 2089 2 K
 alejandrososa said
What did u learn?
Older lacs with the north star engine will give u problems, water pump, oil leak, Head gasket most run hot at some point, but they’re expensive to get fix & like someone said a lot of mechanics don’t wanna work on it. If u got a caddy from 70’s early 90’s u might be ok but on down u looking for problems.

I’m in a caddy club on fb & these are just a few complaints about the engine. Newer models like OP has might be okay but older ones yeah watch out.
+1   

3 months ago '06        #37
space
space
 old head said
I have a 4 banger as my daily whip.

3 months ago '06        #38
njacura32tl 
space
space
space
Props total: 460 460  Slaps total: 109 109
Cadillacs are great cars when they are new but turn to sh*t after 3 years. Brought my wife a range rover which are crap too but it's a 30 month lease.

3 months ago '19        #39
back 
space
space
space
Props total: 769 769  Slaps total: 106 106
 Onetrubeing816 said
In response .....learned that the parts are expensive.....alot of mechanics dont like working on them and if they do they charge an arm and a leg.......tons of electronics so alot more room for electronic failure and damage....more money to fix.....but I love the way they look...they way they smell ...and like I said earlier u dont drive a caddy u float in one.....just not worth the headache to be honest ......also side note ....my cousin is a certified master mechanic and when I took my caddy to him he was like o hell no I'll fix it one time and one time only after that u on your own.

it is what it is.. the more luxury you go the more you pay for repairs.

3 months ago '19        #40
back 
space
space
space
Props total: 769 769  Slaps total: 106 106
 njacura32tl said
Cadillacs are great cars when they are new but turn to sh*t after 3 years. Brought my wife a range rover which are crap too but it's a 30 month lease.
now you know these cars are built to be replaced in 3-4 years.. i worked for a top 5 auto retailer in the us .. lord knows it was clock work how the moms come in and upgrade to a new rr .. the old ones all look like trash after the few years driving all clunky.

3 months ago '17        #41
alejandrososa 
space
space
Props total: 1280 1 K  Slaps total: 261 261
 BLE said
Older lacs with the north star engine will give u problems, water pump, oil leak, Head gasket most run hot at some point, but theyíre expensive to get fix & like someone said a lot of mechanics donít wanna work on it. If u got a caddy from 70ís early 90ís u might be ok but on down u looking for problems.

Iím in a caddy club on fb & these are just a few complaints about the engine. Newer models like OP has might be okay but older ones yeah watch out.
What do you think about foreign cars?

3 months ago '07        #42
BLE  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
space
space
Props total: 7806 7 K  Slaps total: 2089 2 K
 alejandrososa said
What do you think about foreign cars?
Depends on what youíre looking for america cars offer more auto transmission than foreign But foreign are Pretty dependable, they hold better value.

3 months ago '06        #43
space
space
 PRo said
How that bi*ch ride?
Is she quick for her size?
What the factory speakers hitting on?
Bose system and it parks itself and it has adaptive cruise control.You can also start up you vehicle from your phone. Also it has a camera as the rear view mirror

+1   

3 months ago '10        #44
catch22 
space
space
Props total: 2486 2 K  Slaps total: 521 521
 jasperfect said
I say this to everyone, I will never but a luxury car. You have to use premium gas, Insurance is more expensive and maintenance is more expensive. I will buy the top trim of an "affordable car" but never a luxury car. Car makers even have premium trims now that give you most luxury features. Luxury cars do give you better performance though
My last 2 cars have been luxury and there wasn't that significant of a difference for my expenses then with my older cars. When I first made the switch, my insurance only went up $30. Maintenance was pretty much the same. Fluid flushes were like $10 more since I need volume to replace. Tires were more expensive because they were bigger, but the cost to rotate and replace them weren't. Pads and rotors were the same cost. Premium gas is only $0.50 more a gallon. You're talking about an extra $7-$8 to fill your tank (if the new car is the same tank size).

It really just depends on the person's lifestyle and how much more of their income they want/can afford to spend. Maintenance (outside of oil) isn't frequent and not that much when you realize you have, for example, 2-3 years to come up with an extra $60-$80 for the difference in whatever you're changing. If you drive extensively or have a long distant commute, then gas may seem unreasonable. If you're only filling your tank up 2-3 times a month, an extra $20-$25 is all you need.
+4   

3 months ago '19        #45
PRo 
space
space
space
Props total: 4436 4 K  Slaps total: 422 422
 king kum said
Bose system and it parks itself and it has adaptive cruise control.You can also start up you vehicle from your phone. Also it has a camera as the rear view mirror

Nice features bro
That auto start come through in the clutch this time of year
+1   

3 months ago '06        #46
space
space
You can shut your car down from your phone.Cameras all around it, it has heated cup holders.
+1   

3 months ago '17        #47
TeamBrinkz 
space
space
space
Props total: 1206 1 K  Slaps total: 562 562
all that nonsense about cadillacs is complete bullsh*t.... what car don't have maintenance? Im 42 and have been driving cadillacs all my life, I've put over 100k miles on every single one I've ever had and not a single one has ever died on me. I have a deville, a cts, and an escalade right now.

the reason the ones with the NorthStar engine have issues is because people dog em and don't put oil in em like they supposed to etc. the motors run a little hot and need about a quart of oil every few thousand miles, you keep the oil in it properly and you won't have an issue, if the water pump goes out you pull it over and get it fixed and you won't have an issue, never drive it while it's running hot or of course it will blow a head gasket as would any other car you would have. as long as your not a complete jackass they are great cars.

3 months ago '09        #48
jasperfect 
space
space
Props total: 1761 1 K  Slaps total: 378 378
 catch22 said
My last 2 cars have been luxury and there wasn't that significant of a difference for my expenses then with my older cars. When I first made the switch, my insurance only went up $30. Maintenance was pretty much the same. Fluid flushes were like $10 more since I need volume to replace. Tires were more expensive because they were bigger, but the cost to rotate and replace them weren't. Pads and rotors were the same cost. Premium gas is only $0.50 more a gallon. You're talking about an extra $7-$8 to fill your tank (if the new car is the same tank size).

It really just depends on the person's lifestyle and how much more of their income they want/can afford to spend. Maintenance (outside of oil) isn't frequent and not that much when you realize you have, for example, 2-3 years to come up with an extra $60-$80 for the difference in whatever you're changing. If you drive extensively or have a long distant commute, then gas may seem unreasonable. If you're only filling your tank up 2-3 times a month, an extra $20-$25 is all you need.
Just off the numbers you stated insurance is 30+ more 30*12=360. Gas is 20*12
=240 that's $600 more a year. Now I can afford $600 more a year but why. Also count the extra 8k-15k just to purchase. If you count the extra $100 or more your paying a month for the car you're paying at minimum $1,800 a year for a car and that's with all numbers rounded down. I bet in reality you're paying $2,000-$2,500 per year more to drive a luxury car. Imagine investing $2,000 more a year. You can take a vacation, start a business, remodel your home. Everyone spends disposable income on things they enjoy. I guess I just don't see the value in luxury cars But millions of people do so there must be something that makes it worth it

Last edited by jasperfect; 12-29-2019 at 08:06 AM..
+3   

3 months ago '10        #49
catch22 
space
space
Props total: 2486 2 K  Slaps total: 521 521
 jasperfect said
Just off the numbers you stated insurance is 30+ more 30*12=360. Gas is 20*12
=240 that's $600 more a year. Now I can afford $600 more a year but why. Also count the extra 8k-15k just to purchase. If you count the extra $100 or more your paying a month for the car you're paying at minimum $1,800 a year for a car and that's with all numbers rounded down. I bet in reality you're paying $2,000-$2,500 per year more to drive a luxury car. Imagine investing $2,000 more a year. You can take a vacation, start a business, remodel your home. Everyone spends disposable income on things they enjoy. I guess I just don't see the value in luxury cars But millions of people do so there must be something that makes it worth it
Why would you spend an extra $10 for a pasta bowl instead of the soup at a restaurant? Because you want to. You're spending the extra $600 a year because you want the car.

Your initial argument was about specific expenses related to a luxury car which is what I responded to. Purchasing is different; it's not a matter of luxury, but affordance. A top trim Toyota Avalon is only $2k-3k less than a top trim Lexus ES. If you can't afford the ES, you can't afford the Avalon either.

This is what I meant by lifestyle and income in my original post. If you enjoy what the luxury car gives you and it doesn't affect your income much, then go ahead and get it. If any car purchase, luxury or not, is going to have you penny pinching each check, you shouldn't be buying the car period. A decent down payment and good rate can make the difference in finance payments marginal. If you're already good with budgeting and investing, then you should know if the car purchase makes sense for you.

Also, the average consumer doesn't care about savings/investing outside of their 401k and savings account regardless if it sounds like good advice. They aren't going to invest the difference just because a difference exist. That extra $7 at the pump isn't going into an ETF, its going to a Red Bull and Hot Cheetos at the register.
+3   

3 months ago '19        #50
Megaman 
space
space
Props total: 708 708  Slaps total: 372 372
 Mr X said

found the brainwashed millennial.
+1   

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+73online now  39
Video inside 50 Cent reacts to SlowBucks beating up Ashantiís sister
124 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+137online now  37
Video inside This video produces the most consistent laugh of my life.
89 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  20
So basically this guy is getting robbed by the hall of fame because of lying
118 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+46online now  11
Video inside Example #267 that Robert Downey Jrís Tropic Thunder performance was god..
61 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacy