African Presence In America Before Columbus

most viewed right now
46 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '07        #51
Avon_Barksdale 4647 heat pts4647
space
space
$48,723 | Props total: 85192 85192
 Dyslexicredaer0 said

18:40

He had braids!!!!
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #52
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
$10,823 | Props total: 27247 27247
 AmillionMo said
Huh? 1st off, keyword is FOUND! 2nd, where did Siberians come from if the craddle of human civilization is East Africa?
Yes, found is very important because it means the only existing evidence does not support African people being the first people in America. The evidence to the contrary does not exist.

So you're argument is that we're all African because that's where human life began?
+2   

2 weeks ago '08        #53
Solitary Genius 54 heat pts54
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 4675 4675
 Too Nooice said
well how else would humans be in North America ?
thats before russia and alaska split... this article is about crossing oceans i believe...

2 weeks ago '15        #54
MightyHealthy2 55 heat pts55
space
space
$18,143 | Props total: 40853 40853
Props for everyone being intellectual & not arguing. It's good to see an educated side of boxden for once.

2 weeks ago '18        #55
MYDICKSOCOLD 1 heat pts
space
space
$551 | Props total: 1584 1584
This sort of crap is so damn embarrassing to me.

Ivan van Sertima has a certain draw because of the general charisma of an argument that challenges the "official story." He also published during a period (the 1970s) when challenging the orthodox all-white, all the time narrative of history was badly needed. Those are the only explanations I can think of for the endurance of his claims, since they are easily and consistently debunked. Quite literally nothing about van Sertima's theory of Afro-Mesoamerican contact is true, and the evidence we actually do have about Mesoamerican cultures militates against the idea and re-affirms independent development.
The most authoritative refutation of van Sertima was in the journal Current Anthropology by Haslip-Viera et al. (1997) "Robbing Native American Cultures: van Sertima's Afrocentricity and the Olmecs." Aside from going through several of van Sertima's points and showing how they are blatantly wrong, the authors specifically note that rejecting the "Western" narrative to insert Africans into Mesoamerican history, van Sertima is engaging in the same form of racism he purports to be combating. Only now it is Americans having their history erased by Africans, instead of Africans having their history erased by Europeans.
Van Sertima makes a couple of points, all of which are have no actual evidence and are often self-contradictory.

The Nubian dominated 25th Dynasty of Egypt visited the Americas to jump start Mesoamerican civilization

The Olmecs in fact predate the 25th dynasty, and have clear precursors within Mesoamerica, with no evidence of outside influence. Mesoamerican pyramids start to appear before that Dynasty, and in form and function are distinct from Egyptian pyramids.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Olmec colossal heads depict Africans
The heads most resemble the indigenous people of Gulf Coast. They certainly do not resemble East Africans and the heads depict features (such as epicanthic folds) not found in the African populations van Sertima claims visited the Americas.

Afro-Eurasian plants in the Americas are evidence of contact
The presence of these plants is better explained by natural diffusion; show up thousands of years before van Sertima's purported contact; and some even show evidence of being cultivated in the Americas before cultivation in the "Old World."

Mexican mummies or some nonsense
Mummification was not practiced in Mesoamerica. Cremation and burial were the predominant mortuary practices. There was mummification practiced in South America, but van Sertima is not claiming African's visited the Pacific Coast of South America. Regardless, those mummies are completely different in technique and form, and the oldest group (Chinchorro) pre-date Egyptian mummies but a considerable time period.

As for how van Sertima, in specific, and the Afrocentric theory, generally, are viewed by historians and anthropologists? Well, Current Anthropology is a little different from most journals in that each article comes with commentary from other academics in the field. These comments can refute points, expand on a particular subject, clarify something referenced in the text, etc. One of the comments on Haslip-Viera et al. is, in its entirety:
A stone's throw from the 21st century, it is a sad reflection on our societies that we need to conduct this kind of discussion.

That pretty much sums it up. Van Sertima was at best misguided and at worst a charlatan; the Ancient Aliens Guy of his time.

There are a bunch of Nation of Islam/Scientology (Farrakhan is a Scientologist and gets a commission on the dudes he indoctrinates with that nonsense - look it up) dudes on this forum who will do nothing but waste your time on this subject. THEY NEVER HAVE ANY CREDIBLE RESEARCH, NO VERIFIABLE SOURCES, NOTHING. JUST YOUTUBE CLIPS FROM DEBUNKED DWEEBS.

Their whole agenda is to rob you of your time and keep you from being productive: In other words, they want you to be a loser like them.

It's the same kind of propaganda tactic that Hitler used on the Germans. Brainwash them with fantasies of being some mythical superhuman race while they're poor in order to recruit them for your scam.

I developed this term that I call the "position of weakness". Imagine for a second a 16 year old black/latin dude is called to read the national anthem/pledge of allegiance/whatever on live T.V. and he gets up there and it turns out he's illiterate.

Just like with Robert Sandifer's story, the (white) world is shocked that such a tragedy could take place and everybody is wondering what the hell happened and how someone could be like this.

Every single colored dude has had to be in that position where they at school or work and they the ONLY black or latin dude in the room, right.

And then something will be on the news about Mollie Tibbets being r*ped & k!lled by an illegal immigrant and everybody at the (predominately white) school or workplace is giving you stress/nasty looks/whatever the next day and we gotta sit there and be made to answer for this insanity.

That's what you're doing whenever you try to brainwash one of us with fairy tales. You're making us look bad when you go out there believing in and/or pushing this bad, false, invented, make-believe history. Because there might come a day when you get some kind of public platform to talk about this and you *WILL* get brutally embarrassed.

And so will we. Because now we have to sit there looking like illiterate lowlifes that can't function in society.

Racist dudes are gonna use that failure as ammo to shame and humiliate us. They're going to point and laugh at us for being stupid enough to believe such a blatant, ridiculous lie.

Most of us in areas where there's little to no diversity get our balls busted CONSTANTLY by racist scum and we have to sit there, make excuses, and be made to answer for something ridiculous.

Please don't put us in a position of weakness, fam.

Last edited by MYDICKSOCOLD; 12-05-2018 at 05:43 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '15        #56
JimmyDa3rd 36 heat pts36
space
space
$7,594 | Props total: 24075 24075
n*gga everyone had boats and they was exploring lol just like the scandinavians that came here before, i don't doubt that africans, arabs, asians or whoever the fucc else who had the technology came across this land, now to suggest that africans came here in the 1000's or millions to settle is hilarious, that sh*t didn't happen unless it was on colonialism sh*t and only the europeans was really about that, ain't no arabs, asians or africans gone travel a million miles to peacefully live among strangers looool those were savage times fucc outta here

Last edited by JimmyDa3rd; 12-05-2018 at 05:54 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #57
StandNext2Me 14 heat pts14
space
space
space
$167 | Props total: 512 512
This old news to me.

They fed us a lot of fake stories and fairy tales.

We only know what they told us.

2 weeks ago '15        #58
Ace dealer 46 heat pts46
space
space
$10,820 | Props total: 26443 26443
fu*k it simplest and most reasonable explanation.....

Yea n*ggas had been over there before..on multiple occasions

But it was a bi*ch getting back home and they aint really have 2 much sh*t was worth the effort.... so n*ggas was like whatever
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #59
Teknicks 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,300 | Props total: 16992 16992
 2Cold said
glad youíre doing your googles bro

but them dudes in the other thread were od annoying.. talking about black americans were different from african american because black americans immigrated to america before slavery.. it doesnt matter if you forget your ancestors history.. your ancestors are still from africa

ancient people used to travel the seas and oceans alot and used to have trading routes everywhere so the history we are taught is not really accurate.. its been re-written many times

wikipedia aint always the best resource but here is some history of

Facts. We are still African descendant. We aren't Aboriginal. Africans, Asians, and even Europeans made to the Americans long before Columbus. They just feel that whatever isn't in their history book isn't really history. I even heard one guy discredit the Vikings by saying their discovery doesn't count because they didn't stay...

Niccas will literally invent new definitions to words to discredit someone else. They like fucc it since evidence and science proves something else we'll change the meaning of discovery.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #60
My Back Hand 68 heat pts68
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 15975 15975
True A
[spoiler - click to view]

n History > w

i

people lies/theories.

Last edited by My Back Hand; 12-05-2018 at 06:12 PM..

2 weeks ago '07        #61
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,187 | Props total: 1611 1611
This sort of pseudo-science is believed by the same idiots who tend to say things like.. i dOnT nEeD A dEgReE tO kNoWlEdGe bRo

2 weeks ago '17        #62
My Back Hand 68 heat pts68
space
space
$3,155 | Props total: 15975 15975
 key2007 said
This sort of pseudo-science is believed by the same idiots who tend to say things like.. i dOnT nEeD A dEgReE tO kNoWlEdGe bRo
Our language isnt English, plus it was illegal for n*ggas to learn how to read or OWN anything til mid to late 19th century. So eat a d!ck, you putrid cave dweller.

And try not to let the sun k!ll you, f*ggot.

2 weeks ago '05        #63
projectd06 2 heat pts
space
space
$6,911 | Props total: 9744 9744
 DamianDragunov said
Little off topic but Iíve been to a town in Wisconsin that was called Aztalan and it was near a Rock Lake. The bottom of the lake supposedly has pyramids. Just curious if your familiar with the place or have heard of those pyramids there. The Native built mounds are still there as are some remnants of building sites of the people there at the time. Itís a awesome sight to visit. Great fishing there also. Itís located right next to the Crawfish River. You could imagine how great the natives had it who lived there.
Damn i will be checking that out for sure, not sure how i live here and have never heard of this.
+1   

2 weeks ago '07        #64
key2007 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,187 | Props total: 1611 1611
 My Back Hand said
Our language isnt English, plus it was illegal for n*ggas to learn how to read or OWN anything til mid to late 19th century. So eat a d!ck, you putrid cave dweller.

And try not to let the sun k!ll you, f*ggot.

Oh ok, so your excuse is that your ancestors were forced to be stupid, so you carry on the tradition? Very well.
I have no risk factors. Thanks for the concern.
You don't have enough nitric oxide being produced in your blood though, so watch that salt intake!

2 weeks ago '10        #65
TaylormadeBaby 
space
space
space
$144 | Props total: 65 65
 2Cold said
glad youíre doing your googles bro

but them dudes in the other thread were od annoying.. talking about black americans were different from african american because black americans immigrated to america before slavery.. it doesnt matter if you forget your ancestors history.. your ancestors are still from africa

ancient people used to travel the seas and oceans alot and used to have trading routes everywhere so the history we are taught is not really accurate.. its been re-written many times

wikipedia aint always the best resource but here is some history of
Actually blacks are indigenous to America. They/I am different from my African ancestors. Look up Pangea and all the archaeological sites the Indians/copper skin/indigenous people built then Google what artifacts that was found in Ohio, New York, Utah, Iowa. Pyramids in Colorado, the North Pole, and Florida. Check out Albert Perry as well ..

2 weeks ago '15        #66
2Cold 563 heat pts563
space
space
$37,520 | Props total: 162403 162403
 TaylormadeBaby said
Actually blacks are indigenous to America. They/I am different from my African ancestors. Look up Pangea and all the archaeological sites the Indians/copper skin/indigenous people built then Google what artifacts that was found in Ohio, New York, Utah, Iowa. Pyramids in Colorado, the North Pole, and Florida. Check out Albert Perry as well ..
bruh can i ask you two questions?

1. how long ago do you think pangea was?
2. were homo sapiens around at that time?
+1   

2 weeks ago '11        #67
Urbanchill 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,832 | Props total: 4162 4162
Hot take: Native americans were black

2 weeks ago '18        #68
MYDICKSOCOLD 1 heat pts
space
space
$551 | Props total: 1584 1584
 TaylormadeBaby said
Bullshyt.

Why are there no surviving indigenous Black tribes today?
+2   

2 weeks ago '17        #69
CamburyBXGreat 4 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,864 | Props total: 15013 15013
Yíall buggin having a convo about the last couple hundred years of people that were sailing for 20,000 years.

Africans could have easily been making the trip 8,000-10,000 years ago and it wouldnít be a big deal. The only proof people will accept is them violating these people in a way and leaving their mark.

2 weeks ago '16        #70
Solo214 
space
space
space
$1,181 | Props total: 1662 1662
 Dyslexicredaer0 said
A lot of cats from my last thread "Africa Before Europeans," were saying that there were Africans in the Americas that lived amongst the Native Americans before the European invaders/ settlers arrived. A few references of the Olmec were mentioned in a few posts, about these huge stone statues of heads with African facial features located in Mexico. Now I have heard of blacks mixing with the natives, as I have native bloodlines on both sides of my family, but never of Africans sailing over to the Americas, on their own, before the Europeans. After doing a little research I am a bit shocked. There has been a ton of research on the subject but it is kept in the dark. It makes you wonder why this type of history is not told. One reason could be because it is utterly false or on the other hand it is completely true. Use your own mind to form conclusions for yourself. Think critically that's all.

Bonus Video:
Dr. Ivan Van Sertima | Afrikan Presence in Early America

18:40
I bet when the Bible tells of the time the ancient Egyptians enslaved the Israelites I bet those Egyptians at that time period had contact with the natives in north south and Central America... and Moses was adopted by pharaoh and made his son... so Moses in the Bible knew about the Americas and the natives living there...a Spanish conquistador named bernal DŪaz del Castillo wrote in his memoirs that people in Spain thought some of the native Americans were descendants of the Jews that fled Jerusalem after they were driven out by Titus and Vespasian by ship wrecking off coast...

2 weeks ago '05        #71
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,946 | Props total: 3017 3017
good stuff

2 weeks ago '09        #72
59fifty 1 heat pts
space
space
$28,361 | Props total: 17902 17902

[video - click to view]

2 weeks ago '04        #73
astrotrain 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,829 | Props total: 683 683
you guys see the irony in claiming that black people created the pyramids in South America and then at the same time saying white people are white washing black history? Maybe just maybe South American natives developed their own culture independent of outside influence?
+5   

2 weeks ago '05        #74
BadIntentionz 4 heat pts
space
space
$3,793 | Props total: 1426 1426
i have no knowledge on any of this so i tend to not comment on posts like this.....but i will say, it kinda feels like when you think of all the religions, and they all have different gods, and its like......well you know most of them are full of sh*t made up gods if not all, who do we believe?!

and with so many animals/species around the world, did they all come from 1 place? probably not, but we trying to believe the first man came from africa? how do you even prove that? what if man spawned in multiple locations in the same time period in some worldly event of life and evolution

i think im too smart to believe the "facts" that people cant prove
but im def open minded
i wont dismiss the info
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #75
DamianDragunov 
space
space
$9,862 | Props total: 26204 26204
 projectd06 said
Damn i will be checking that out for sure, not sure how i live here and have never heard of this.

Itís a town outside of Madison. Lake Mills is the neighboring town to Aztalan and where Rock Lake is officially in.

Home      

most viewed right now
+149online now  39
Nice Pawg
56 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  22
Dec 17 - Donald Trump has fu-ked the stock market
118 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside Keith Sweat To Jacquees "Marvin, Teddy never called themselves Kings; I..
65 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  20
Video inside Tupacís Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
199 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Red Dead Online's Biggest Problem Is Not That It Costs $600 To Buy Everything
64 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  14
Image(s) inside Nike has no fu-ks to give. Releasing an Air Jordan 6 made with cow fur
60 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+30online now  13
NBA With rumors of Brandon Ingram getting traded... he posts cryptic message o..
89 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  12
Video inside An Upset DJ Akademiks Responds To Star's Receipts Video
38 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy