‘Gaming Disorder’ is Real Mental Condition, And You May Have It

most viewed right now
32 comments @hiphop
most viewed right now
+91  40
91 comments @thotties

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '17        #26
SPdaGOAT 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,134 | Props total: 23935 23935
 luvdahaze said
so does this mean you can get disability if you can prove you have this once it goes live?
oh wooooord

1 week ago '17        #27
SPdaGOAT 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Krazie said
When it starts to interfere and affect your day-to-day life. Whether that be your job/school, relationships, financial status, etc.

You said it perfectly without even probably realizing it. If time permits. So you schedule your gaming around your other commitments, not the other way around.
I dont think you get what hes saying by it not being a real addiction.

My mom used to take away my games all the time. I just found other sh*t to do. On the flip side, I been trying to convince someone for 2 years that alcohol is bad and he should kick it. Hes been wanting to, but its not easy

1 week ago '12        #28
ENAK 
space
space
$569 | Props total: 1552 1552
I had to just pull the power cable and not plug my Xbox , that's how you have to quit. I'm surprised my girl stayed with me through college... She'd come over and watch me play Video games

It did keep me out of trouble though so that's a positive, and if you live in a rainy area playing outside may not always be an option so we'd hop on Live and play with your friends. i dont see anything wrong with that.
+1   

1 week ago '06        #29
illathruz 77 heat pts77
space
space
$7,388 | Props total: 6276 6276
 Confidential said
Some video games are as addictive (if not more) as weed, liquor & gambling... IMO
You haven't lived until you've smoked weed, got drunk, and played video games at the same time

1 week ago '05        #30
Soprano ATL 43 heat pts43
space
space
$9,590 | Props total: 696 696
 luvdahaze said
so does this mean you can get disability if you can prove you have this once it goes live?
Meant to prop

1 week ago '12        #31
AlBooBoo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$43,079 | Props total: 54452 54452
I’m kinda split on this

I mean I don’t play video games anymore like I did when I was younger. (prolly play once a week for like an hour or two)

But for the folks that do play. I mean what harm is it doing to them if they still going to work. Most grown folks I know ain’t dismissing all they responsibilities to play video games. It’s kinda expensive habit gotta work to keep buying games and what not

Just seems like hobby

I mean I understand some folks can get excessive just like anything else..but ehh
+3   

1 week ago '10        #32
Akira Son Bio 228 heat pts228
space
space
$52,723 | Props total: 20322 20322
 Krazie said
Alcohol is a $250B industry in the US alone participated in by a wide range of people.

Some people are alcoholics, most aren't.

There are absolutely people out there addicted to games, but hell, you can get addicted to basically anything if you exhibit that type of behavior/personality.
I do both drugs

Neither one of them got sh*t on weed @

1 week ago '05        #33
Krazie 136 heat pts136
space
space
$47,563 | Props total: 25100 25100
 SPdaGOAT said
I dont think you get what hes saying by it not being a real addiction.

My mom used to take away my games all the time. I just found other sh*t to do. On the flip side, I been trying to convince someone for 2 years that alcohol is bad and he should kick it. Hes been wanting to, but its not easy
It can be an addiction, though. Obviously (for most people) it won't have the same consequences as alcohol or drugs can potentially have.

You never heard those stories of people dying due to long gaming sessions while ignoring the basic necessities? That sh*t happens all the time in those Korean internet cafes. You don't think those people are addicts? It checks all the boxes just like someone with a gambling problem (which fits right in this discussion with loot boxes). It doesn't need to be a physical substance to be addictive.
+2   

1 week ago '17        #34
Confidential 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$966 | Props total: 10383 10383
 illathruz said
You haven't lived until you've smoked weed, got drunk, and played video games at the same time
Nah, you HAVENT lived until you got drunk, smoked weed and smashed a dime (or two fives) at the same time

1 week ago '12        #35
Bravo Golf 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$5,260 | Props total: 5673 5673
 thegreygoose11 said
bruh ur right...i learned that from an older post on here about adjusted difficulty (DDA - Dynamic difficulty adjustment)...

they addicting people to games and using their psychology to spend more money/time on the game

so if they tryina blame games for being addictive...blame the companies that exploit human psychology for profit
If the general public had stronger minds, they would be less susceptible to tactics like this from video game companies and any other corporation.

7 days ago '06        #36
illathruz 77 heat pts77
space
space
$7,388 | Props total: 6276 6276
 Confidential said
Nah, you HAVENT lived until you got drunk, smoked weed and smashed a dime (or two fives) at the same time

First off, that's off topic

And secondly, you haven't lived until you've gotten drunk, smoked weed, and smashed a dime (or two fives) who were playing you in video games at the same time.
+3   

7 days ago '06        #37
thekidd 52 heat pts52
space
space
space
$1,343 | Props total: 1163 1163
aids is legal in cali. live your life. learn whats necessary to thrive and survive. too many psuedo sciences getting real science attention.

7 days ago '04        #38
cold_young_thug 41 heat pts41
space
space
$10,452 | Props total: 3058 3058
I blew my first semester of college due to a gaming and s3x addiction.

Good times.
+2   

7 days ago '07        #39
kuruptjatt 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,138 | Props total: 2625 2625
I been playing video games since the age of 4 when my pops bought me and my big bro a NES for xmas in '89. I played video games daily in life, but not for countless hours everyday. About 2 or 3 years ago I cut it down just because it wasn't as fun of a past time in my life anymore. I used to love rolling up a J, and playing whatever game, but now priorities have me doing other things with my time.

Don't get me wrong, I still want to take a day off here and there and just relax and game out, but other things matter more in life. This has always been in the case with me since I was a kid.

Anyone dealing with an addiction to this stuff, sell all of your consoles, out of site out of mind, and build up that self control.

Top 10 most slapped recently  7 days ago '17        #40
thegreygoose11 16 heat pts16 OP
space
space
$1,077 | Props total: 1943 1943
 Bravo Golf said
If the general public had stronger minds, they would be less susceptible to tactics like this from video game companies and any other corporation.
the general public/mob are dumb sheep and the companies know this...

its the same tactics as selling lottery tickets...

[video - click to view]

+1   

7 days ago '15        #41
WightAroundYo 2 heat pts
space
space
$424 | Props total: 2263 2263
I’d rather play a video gme for 6 hrs instead to watch tv for 6 hrs. What about tv addiction?
+1   

7 days ago '15        #42
Good Guy Ry 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,889 | Props total: 27895 27895
 AlBooBoo said
I’m kinda split on this

I mean I don’t play video games anymore like I did when I was younger. (prolly play once a week for like an hour or two)

But for the folks that do play. I mean what harm is it doing to them if they still going to work. Most grown folks I know ain’t dismissing all they responsibilities to play video games. It’s kinda expensive habit gotta work to keep buying games and what not

Just seems like hobby

I mean I understand some folks can get excessive just like anything else..but ehh
It's an addiction bro.

You are talking about adults, rarely do people start picking up games as an adult. I've had a system for as long as I can remember, was damn near a prodigy on them sh*ts. Use to be 5-6 years old busting my step-dad, uncles, cousins and friends as after picking up a game for just a day. Then you got that addiction and on top of that you being good at em. Spent countless nights up til dawn playing them sh*ts. Then before Xbox live and PSN was poppin got hooked on PC multiplayer games.

Luckily I was smart enough to go to school on a few hours of sleep, finish my work early, put my head down and sleep the rest of that class. n*gga was like a Zombie, I would do that from class to class. Even then sometimes I would skip school cause I was that tired and worn out.

You can be addicted to things and still go to work to live to make money, that's why there's terms like functioning alcoholic. Just cause you can't spend every waking hour playing a game doesn't mean you're not addicted and spend ya whole free time on them. Gaming isn't even an expensive habit, ironically its only expensive if you casually play and wanna keep up. The only thing that really got me off this sh*t was games quality started dropping and just designed to keep trying to empty your pockets even after the initial purchases, after a few 2Ks I woke up and stopped fu*king with them in general.
+2   

7 days ago '15        #43
space
space
 SPdaGOAT said
You can lowkey apply this to dating, so I wonder why they didnt extend their study to that realm.
Please explain how you can apply what he said to dating.

7 days ago '15        #44
space
space
 CALL AGAIN said
I been saying this but anything addiction without moderation as a grown and successful man now I thank my parents for keeping us on a game schedule. You can literally go on youtube and watch an endless stream of children and childlike adults literally have mental breakdowns or disrespect their parents over games. I am a gamer. I have been turned off with it the last few years with microtransactions and toxic communities but I live here in Japan we still got a huuuuge arcade culture which is really cool. That’s how I game mostly now when i get the itch to go buttons on a Japanese cat on some Tekken or Gundam Vs.
You hit it right on the head.

That's the funny thing with games now. All the hardcore gamers I know all stopped and just casually check back into games from time to time cause of microtransactions and toxicity.

In my opinion, games were more addicting back then than now. Gamers now are having more of a gambling addiction than an actual gaming addiction. Gaming companies actually had to make games good enough to last a year or more then. Now they can give you sh*t that use to be beta's and add DLC/transactions and they'll milk these kids until something slightly better comes.
+1   

7 days ago '05        #45
PhrozenMenace 1 heat pts
space
space
$14,918 | Props total: 2918 2918
 AlBooBoo said
I’m kinda split on this

Just seems like hobby

same here...the content ain't the same, had more time to play at a younger age. Now, actual responsibilities, not much time to play ) Too much of the same and too little of fun games for me

I grew out of gaming slowly over the years and thanks to stupid things implemented yearly, it's too much of a chore to even play a game sometimes
+1   

7 days ago '17        #46
SPdaGOAT 14 heat pts14
space
space
 Good Guy Ry said
Please explain how you can apply what he said to dating.
If Im neglecting work and other aspects of life to date more and more and spend 6-8 hours a day on dating, how is that not the same thing?
+1   

7 days ago '17        #47
SPdaGOAT 14 heat pts14
space
space
 WightAroundYo said
I’d rather play a video gme for 6 hrs instead to watch tv for 6 hrs. What about tv addiction?
lmfao you can literally apply this disorder to anything
+2   

7 days ago '07        #48
Adam Is BeTTeR 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,929 | Props total: 4010 4010
 luvdahaze said
Just came in to ask this, if so

6 days ago '08        #49
Aragorn Black 1 heat pts
space
space
$296 | Props total: 131 131
how i get my ssi tho

5 days ago '07        #50
link04 97 heat pts97
space
space
$14,433 | Props total: 5950 5950
 luvdahaze said

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+38online now  33
Video inside Fuego 🔥🔥🔥
21 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+76online now  18
mom comes up with greatest punishment of all time :mjlol:
108 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+23online now  16
Video inside What is "Brain Hacking"? Tech insiders on why you should care
33 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
online now  11
Video inside Thick chick lifting weights in the GYM!!!!!
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  10
Image(s) inside Uh Oh: LA Rising Star BLUEFACE Got BOOED OFF STAGE & MIC CUT OFF AT Uz..
121 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+146online now  9
Image(s) inside Them Ethiopian Girls Are Something Else, Breh
88 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  8
Image(s) inside Dec 9 - Annoyed Baltimore Drivers Want City To Crack Down On 'Squeegee..
93 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+185online now  4
Image(s) inside Woman sh-ts on ALL Men Under 6 feet tall then gets Ethered
180 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy