Africa Before Europeans

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '18        #76
milkdudz 
space
space
space
$886 | Props total: 853 853
 2Cold said
@ and @

are black americans and native indians two separate prople or are you saying they are the same??

i dont need a long answer..
They're close relatives. Same nation, different tribes.
+1   

2 weeks ago '15        #77
Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38
space
space
$13,376 | Props total: 41542 41542
 4REAL said
This makes zero sense. Even if you call yourself Haitian, you're still of African descent, so you're still an African-American. African American is a term that covers all blacks in America. What sense does it make separating black people in America into tribes? Calling yourself an American of Jamaican, Guianese, Haitian, or Trinidadian descent is almost like separating yourself from blacks in America. a.ssuming, you're not moving back to Haiti to settle their permanently, you'll likely have children and descendants in the U.S., who will eventually end up in the African American gene pool if they don't marry white and continue to whiten their genetics. You're simply African American.
If a white person is born in an African nation, then moves to the USA and becomes a citizen, then are they not African American? That is what my problem is.

Now, let’s say the above issue did not exist, simply calling myself African American would still be incorrect. Maybe you would like to put me into a certain category, but I respectfully decline. If I were to simply call myself African American, I have now disowned my culture and ethnicity. However it happened, my ancestors arrived on the island of Haiti and we have our own unique language, food, music, and culture, developed over hundreds of years. I have been to Africa and while I share certain similarities to blacks there, we are no longer the same. Why would I call myself African and deny that heritage? Why would a Jamaican, or a Trini?

Are you also suggesting that Latinos stop calling themselves Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans and just call themselves Latino Americans? Are you suggesting that Irish, French, and Spanish people simply call themselves European Americans?

I don’t think you understand the issue.
+12   

2 weeks ago '05        #78
chi town hustla 234 heat pts234
space
space
$21,948 | Props total: 31025 31025
the ignorance in this thread is amazing and pitiful
+4   

2 weeks ago '16        #79
Normy 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,056 | Props total: 8053 8053
 Teddy KGB said
No we are not on the same page. My reasoning is completely different from yours.

I don’t refer to myself as African American because it is incorrect to a.ssign race to a nationality. I will only refer to my race as black. If you ask me my nationality, I would say I am Haitian-American, or that I am an American of Haitian descent.
Are your parents Haitians of African descent?
+2   

2 weeks ago '07        #80
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,118 | Props total: 2636 2636
 Onetrubeing816 said
Man on the real the American black male spends entirley too much time trying to prove his history or existence. What is important is your future on this rock. Who gives a fu*k if your ancestor's were slaves, every race on this Earth has been inslaved at one point in time, that shouldn't keep you from being successful in modern time. I work with alot of Kat's from Louisiana, Alabama and east Texas that are country black men that aren't the most educated but they work hard and don't have this chip on there shoulder like the world owes them something. They start off making 60-80grand a year simply on hard work and respectful values. The sooner you realize that the cards are stacked against you and crying and bi*ching is not gonna get u something but hard work and values are, the better off you will be as a MAN.

Youíre underestimating the importance of identity for a group of people. Having knowledge of your heritage and a sense of identity is extremely important for building a healthy psyche and self esteem because it sort of acts as an anchor. Black people had their entire culture/religion/language/names erased when they came to America, and once slavery ended, we sort of had to create a new culture from scratch. Since we didnít know anything about our past, we sort of just latched on you anything for identity (a lot of it was bad) and thatís partly why black America has such a crappy culture today (thatís why we give our children made up names like Bonquisha and think soul food and slang is black culture.....post slavery black culture was essentially formed from scraps). Thereís a reason why African immigrants tend to do better than black Americans and tend not to fall for some of the nonesense that we do. In fact, I truly believe that other immigrant groups thrived in America because they came here with their culture intact. Imagine Jews, Nigerians, and Asians coming over here with their culture of valuing education being stripped from them? Or Hispanics without knowledge of their culture that places a high value on a strong work ethic?

Itís in your best interest to support the type of conversation happening in this thread because I am positive the complaints you have against black people would no longer apply if blacks had a positive sense of identity. And yes, all people have been slaves before but American chattel slavery is the most unique, unresolved, and recent in the context of American history. So itís only logical that youíll hear more people talking about American slavery that happened 150 years ago versus the Jews from 3000 years ago.
+8   

2 weeks ago '06        #81
DominicanLou 17 heat pts17
space
space
$8,364 | Props total: 6514 6514
I wonder if blacks in other countries go through this same crisis of finding identity as much as American black descendants of slaves do...

If blacks were already here before slavery what does "here" mean? Are we talking about all the Americas? from Canada all the way down? Are Black Americans the only group of blacks in the Western Hemisphere that aren't descendants of African slaves (like the blacks in Latin America and the Caribbean?).

I do know that a small percentage of slaves arrived to Canada/US...I've read between 4-7%.

Are there any testimonies from slaves talking about not being from Africa?
+9   

2 weeks ago '15        #82
Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38
space
space
 Normy said
Are your parents Haitians of African descent?
See above.

While we were originally from Africa, we now have a unique identity developed over centuries that is not the same. Itís no different from Latinos in the Americas not calling themselves Spaniards anymore. Over time, we have developed our own culture and ethnicity. Iím not finna deny my heritage.
+6   

2 weeks ago '18        #83
paulpajepatt 
space
space
space
$238 | Props total: 338 338
 4REAL said
This makes zero sense. Even if you call yourself Haitian, you're still of African descent, so you're still an African-American. African American is a term that covers all blacks in America. What sense does it make separating black people in America into tribes? Calling yourself an American of Jamaican, Guianese, Haitian, or Trinidadian descent is almost like separating yourself from blacks in America. a.ssuming, you're not moving back to Haiti to settle their permanently, you'll likely have children and descendants in the U.S., who will eventually end up in the African American gene pool if they don't marry white and continue to whiten their genetics. You're simply African American.

no this is not true and definetly i dont agree with u ... jamaican , haitian , guianesee are not all the same ..thats almost like saying all europeans are the same or asians
+4   

2 weeks ago '17        #84
screwplus 1 heat pts
space
space
$363 | Props total: 497 497
 Teddy KGB said
If a white person is born in an African nation, then moves to the USA and becomes a citizen, then are they not African American? That is what my problem is.

Now, letís say the above issue did not exist, simply calling myself African American would still be incorrect. Maybe you would like to put me into a certain category, but I respectfully decline. If I were to simply call myself African American, I have now disowned my culture and ethnicity. However it happened, my ancestors arrived on the island of Haiti and we have our own unique language, food, music, and culture, developed over hundreds of years. I have been to Africa and while I share certain similarities to blacks there, we are no longer the same. Why would I call myself African and deny that heritage? Why would a Jamaican, or a Trini?

Are you also suggesting that Latinos stop calling themselves Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans and just call themselves Latino Americans? Are you suggesting that Irish, French, and Spanish people simply call themselves European Americans?

I donít think you understand the issue.
Wow ..hold up ...who will call a white person -'African American'. ..either say his white...or if he got an accent white African. ...your logic man....wow

2 weeks ago '07        #85
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 Master said
Iím not blackjust my opinion you canít change history. What happened happened. Moving forward best thing yíall can do is work on your culture because this urban/ hip hop rap culture is k!lling black people. Itís the worst culture in the world... self destructive. When you people accept dealing drugs to each other as just oh well gotta survive that right there alone shows how far behind yíall are. Lol smh
But you have to ask yourself, why do black people have hip hop and urban culture in the first place? In your opinion, why did blacks wake up one morning and magically decide to live in urban areas and get spoon fed hip hop by media corporations (keep in mind, black people do not own any of the major media outlets).
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #86
Toast2the 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,753 | Props total: 18890 18890
 2Cold said
@ and @

are black americans and native indians two separate prople or are you saying they are the same??

i dont need a long answer..
Sorry but it's going to be kinda long lol:

"The hidden truth is that the first Americans are the so-called Black people who occupy the ghettoes, slums or poverty-stricken areas in all parts of America whether it be North, South or Central America. Keep in mind that the land mass of Earth was once all connected as Greeks called it Pangea a time before the great Earthquakes that split the land into 7 continents. For this particular literature, I will only bring forth the facts that one can research for themselves. Primarily let me dissolve the myth that Christopher Columbus or Cristabal Colon the Spaniard discovered America, he did not. In fact, in his diaries he stated that the first people he saw upon his arrival were dark as the so-called Negroes in Africa he even had a picture painting depicting the Aboriginals he captured in America

You can go to his site or just google on your own if your interested to do your own research

+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #87
Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38
space
space
 screwplus said
Wow ..hold up ...who will call a white person -'African American'. ..either say his white...or if he got an accent white African. ...your logic man....wow
Thatís the problem. It doesnít make sense to call someone an African American to describe their race. Is a black person born and raised in Germany an African American? No. So how can African American = black?

Maybe you should check your logic.
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #88
DHGFK2 
space
space
$307 | Props total: 621 621
we wuz kangz

2 weeks ago '15        #89
Good Guy Ry 24 heat pts24
space
space
$12,000 | Props total: 28389 28389
 Master said
Are you American black ? If so have you been to Africa ? You speak any African languages ? You have any comprehensive knowledge of ANY African culture ? I wonder...
None of this has anything to do with being from Africa.

There's plenty of Hispanics who have a limited perspective of their culture, only speak English and never been to their ancestry land. None of that means they aren't Mexican, Puerto Rican, Ecuadorian, etc.
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #90
Onetrubeing816 
space
space
space
$195 | Props total: 399 399
 A-L-P said
Youíre underestimating the importance of identity for a group of people. Having knowledge of your heritage and a sense of identity is extremely important for building a healthy psyche and self esteem because it sort of acts as an anchor. Black people had their entire culture/religion/language/names erased when they came to America, and once slavery ended, we sort of had to create a new culture from scratch. Since we didnít know anything about our past, we sort of just latched on you anything for identity (a lot of it was bad) and thatís partly why black America has such a crappy culture today (thatís why we give our children made up names like Bonquisha and think soul food and slang is black culture.....post slavery black culture was essentially formed from scraps). Thereís a reason why African immigrants tend to do better than black Americans and tend not to fall for some of the nonesense that we do. In fact, I truly believe that other immigrant groups thrived in America because they came here with their culture intact. Imagine Jews, Nigerians, and Asians coming over here with their culture of valuing education being stripped from them? Or Hispanics without knowledge of their culture that places a high value on a strong work ethic?

Itís in your best interest to support the type of conversation happening in this thread because I am positive the complaints you have against black people would no longer apply if blacks had a positive sense of identity. And yes, all people have been slaves before but American chattel slavery is the most unique, unresolved, and recent in the context of American history. So itís only logical that youíll hear more people talking about American slavery that happened 150 years ago versus the Jews from 3000 years ago.
Now that is a well written response.

Yet my issue is regardless where u come from and your history this notion that you can't be successful in America because of something that did happen 150years ago sounds childish and a cope out. There is no reason an American black man or any man for that matter can get an education or acquire a skill and become successful in America . It just seems too many people are busy bi*ching and crying about the reasons they can't be successful instead of taking control of their own lives and changing their stars.

2 weeks ago '16        #91
Boogie1790 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,698 | Props total: 13520 13520
 milkdudz said
Y'all n*ggas know that blacks in America are not Africans right?...
Brah its way to many links to Africa. Before you go on a Dane Calloway fit look up the Gullah Geechie culture. Then come back and try to tell me we dont have ties to Africa.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #92
space
space
 Toast2the said

"The hidden truth is that the first Americans are the so-called Black people who occupy the ghettoes, slums or poverty-stricken areas in all parts of America whether it be North, South or Central America. Keep in mind that the land mass of Earth was once all connected as Greeks called it Pangea a time before the great Earthquakes that split the land into 7 continents. For this particular literature, I will only bring forth the facts that one can research for themselves. Primarily let me dissolve the myth that Christopher Columbus or Cristabal Colon the Spaniard discovered America, he did not. In fact, in his diaries he stated that the first people he saw upon his arrival were dark as the so-called Negroes in Africa he even had a picture painting depicting the Aboriginals he captured in America

You can go to his site or just google on your own if your interested to do your own research

I agree with you for the most part but you're using such a broad stroke that people are gonna have to disagree on it.

I'm sure some black people are really natives, that doesn't mean every black person is Native or didn't descend directly from Africa.
+3   

2 weeks ago '15        #93
space
space
 Master said
Actually thatís exactly what it means. If you donít know anything about your culture, donít speak the language and never been there you can not claim them. But most definitely TRUST they wonít claim you.
That's absolutely not what it means but you're a troll so the conversation is not worth it.
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #94
screwplus 1 heat pts
space
space
$363 | Props total: 497 497
 Teddy KGB said
Thatís the problem. It doesnít make sense to call someone an African American to describe their race. Is a black person born and raised in Germany an African American? No. So how can African American = black?

Maybe you should check your logic.
This how it is..African American. .has closer ties to Africa than your regular dude whose black...This can bring cultural beliefs...social practises ..whatever it is but long story short African American ain 'n*ggas' but can be 'n*ggas' or regular black dude cuz also some do forego the past beliefs and all ...but those here already have to trace their routes before they understand or fully embrace their cultural roots..and that's a burden ..

2 weeks ago '18        #95
Dyslexicredaer0 11 heat pts11 OP
space
space
$193 | Props total: 997 997
One of the biggest takeaways from this video for me was how all of those African tribes displayed throughout the video had a strong sense of family and community. They divided us and conquered. History repeats itself even today.
+4   

2 weeks ago '07        #96
A-L-P 8 heat pts
space
space
space
 DHGFK2 said
we wuz kangz
I always here alt rightíers using this term to mock black people.
+8   

2 weeks ago '15        #97
2Cold 564 heat pts564
space
space
$37,563 | Props total: 162565 162565
 Toast2the said

bruh the misinformation is so strong in that little excerpt and did not answer my question whatsoever

are native americans or black americans two separate groups or the same?

if you want to give me a long answer ill take it.. just answer the question this time lol
+4   

2 weeks ago '15        #98
LL Dunkin 
space
space
space
$427 | Props total: 1004 1004
 Master said
Are you American black ? If so have you been to Africa ? You speak any African languages ? You have any comprehensive knowledge of ANY African culture ? I wonder...
I speak Lingala my parents spoke both Lingala and Kikongo, couple of my uncles and aunts belong to Baluba tribe. Your asking me about knowledge but if I dropped t you wouldn't have a clue what I'm talking about

Last edited by LL Dunkin; 12-03-2018 at 02:40 PM..

2 weeks ago '17        #99
Lazy 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,835 | Props total: 5948 5948
 Toast2the said
What proof do you have that you or any of your past relatives are from Africa? And I'm asking that a.ssuming you're an American "black" person
What proof do you have that you or any of your past relatives are from Europe? And I'm asking that a.ssuming you're an American "white" person
+3   

2 weeks ago '17        #100
KingLogic 3 heat pts
space
space
$570 | Props total: 3123 3123
 milkdudz said
Y'all n*ggas know that blacks in America are not Africans right?...
I am certain that not all black Americans are of African descent, but I'm also sure that many are. My grandmother was born on a plantation and has heard firsthand accounts of black folks that were kidnapped on the coast of Africa. On the other hand, my other side of my family has been living in a rural area on the gulf coast between two rivers for at least 200 years and have no slave stories in the family. One branch if this fam mixed with others and were creole looking for a couple generations but the rest of my people are 100% black (I think) . I just don't know where we came from because they apparently had to hide from the racist nuts from the time they arrived.

Interestingly, my hometown was also part of a neutral territory that no nation owned which was home to outlaws, runaway slaves, etc. until at least the mid 1800s. My point is that a blanket statement about black folks descent might not be accurate. There is truth to what you're saying though.
+9   

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  21
Video inside She wanted to lie but ....
28 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  13
Florence, SC: Routine Traffic Stop Ends With Officers Discovering Bag Of Human..
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-58online now  12
Rap legend DJ Quik Broke & forced to do local news to make $$$. Talks Offset C..
36 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+102online now  9
Image(s) inside Slim with a cake
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  7
Dec 17 - Donald Trump has fu-ked the stock market
131 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Video inside Famous Dex nodding off on IG Live
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+47online now  4
Fortnite makers being sued again, this time by Carlton
91 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
+62online now  3
Video inside So Basically Gucci Mane Confirmed Niggas Don't fu-k With Eminem Like Th..
797 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy