Dec 2 - The "Diploma Disease", Over-educated Job Seekers Flood The Worlds Job Markets

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

2 weeks ago '10        #26
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,465 | Props total: 1944 1944
 The Insomniac said
Someone w/ an actual degree would never say this trash you just said
I have a degree and I agree with buddy...

How old are you and when did you get your degree?
+1   

2 weeks ago '05        #27
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$10,919 | Props total: 3283 3283
I'd rather have my 2 degrees than not and the college experience showed me how the world really works making me a better person but you can still do a ton without a degree nowadays. Working in IT I've learned exponentially more on my own and through on the job experience than through over 10 years of formal education.. most of which was outdated nonsense and people lecturing you about sh*t that is no longer relevant

It's never been easier to start a business or build a brand and if you have even an intermediate level of computer science knowledge the future is bright if you apply yourself and put in the hard work

Last edited by BurninLz; 12-02-2018 at 04:42 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '10        #28
umeda 11 heat pts11
space
space
space
$748 | Props total: 431 431
i got my a.ssociates last year lol i might get da bachelors but that sh*t was stressful
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #29
TheLastNonEarth 94 heat pts94
space
space
$8,036 | Props total: 41256 41256
 Flatbush85 said
For anyone that sat in the back of every class and/or majored in the liberal arts I'm done hearing about how you can't find a job.

I think people should do what they love, otherwise life is miserable. With that said, they should do research to find out how tough the job market is for their field/region, and know what they should expect to make. For some careers it's not enough money to live comfortably in some areas.

I just know for a fact that you can make connections during and after school which may be more advantageous than the degree itself. It's WHO you know. Most importantly, learning HOW To Make money for self and build wealth is something that's not really taught in school. You can't get rich working for other people. Remember, you can always do what you WANT to do if you've mastered how to make passive RESIDUAL income, and you plan your life around doing what you want with your time as opposed to merely paying bills.

Last edited by TheLastNonEarth; 12-02-2018 at 04:54 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #30
mr_underground|m 2112 heat pts2112 OP
space
space
$24,213 | Props total: 34436 34436
 Ivorypillars said

You know damn well dudes didnt click on this thread to read about Korea
thats why i summerized. to save you time as the article uses korea as the main example because thats where the is at its extreme. and is an example of what can happen if this isnt curved.

TheLastNonEarth said
Exactly

College is more about showing that you have the dedication to complete the arduous task of graduating. Especially in this day and age, new information or technology makes traditional methods obselete by the minute

Online marketing students can't believe that woahvicky and other IG famous idiots will be who they'll be negotiating with to do promos for their company or they need to learn from them how to go viral... Something those people achieved without college
i know a 17 year old who dropped out of high school and is making more than most people in the U.S and she is doing social media marketing. because brand managers don't understand it and need a young person to teach them or do it for them. imagine being $80k in debt with a degree in marketing and high school kids are running circles around you because while you're studying their doing, and gaining experience.

Last edited by mr_underground; 12-02-2018 at 05:34 PM..
+4   

2 weeks ago '18        #31
The3 
space
space
$547 | Props total: 1082 1082

[video - click to view]

+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #32
rooseveltdunn 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$235 | Props total: 1083 1083
Asians are always on some other shyt...

2 weeks ago '17        #33
space
space
 mr_underground said
thats why i summerized. to save you time as the article uses korea as the main example because thats where the is at its extreme. and is an example of what can happen if this isnt curved.

i know a 17 year old who dropped out of high school and is making more than most people in the U.S and she is doing social media marketing. because brand managers don't understand it and need a young person to teach them or do it for them. imagine being $80k in debt with a degree in marketing and high school kids are running circles around you because while you're studying their doing, and gaining experience.

Exactly. We shyt on millennials but they're the generation to literally laugh at the notion of being somebody's 9to5 dummy. So many of them have the dream of spending their time how they please. With all of these work for self apps coming out, you can be as inconsistent as you can afford to be....Uber for a long time, take a break, do a timeshare with a group of friends on Airbnb to vacation on the low, sell your music or cake off of a web series you created. Older folks are telling their kids that they'll be homeless sitting around playing video games and podcasting about it when that's no longer the case... You might get rich off of playing video games in 2018
+2   

2 weeks ago '04        #34
mr_underground|m 2112 heat pts2112 OP
space
space
$24,213 | Props total: 34436 34436
 TheLastNonEarth said

Exactly. We shyt on millennials but they're the generation to literally laugh at the notion of being somebody's 9to5 dummy. So many of them have the dream of spending their time how they please. With all of these work for self apps coming out, you can be as inconsistent as you can afford to be....Uber for a long time, take a break, do a timeshare with a group of friends on Airbnb to vacation on the low, sell your music or cake off of a web series you created. Older folks are telling their kids that they'll be homeless sitting around playing video games and podcasting about it when that's no longer the case... You might get rich off of playing video games in 2018
im in the influencer world and even I go to the to the 16-25 year olds but since im older i do the same thing but charge way more because i have more business experience and clout. but they're running my sh*t. the kids tell me what to do lol. because im not checking for the latest filters and camera app, they let me know. i just learned about the unfold app for stories. use it all the time now. and secret a lot of the older people are jealous. they wish they could travel the world and live on $3k a month from online ad and business revenue. i've seen these teens spend $2k on ads and bring back $18k from a shopify store selling t-shirts

Last edited by mr_underground; 12-02-2018 at 05:52 PM..
+5   

2 weeks ago '13        #35
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
$58,507 | Props total: 45823 45823
 The3 said
The king jay Morrison

Wouldnít be in rel estate

If not for some dude posting a vlad interview wit him in the hhs
+1   

2 weeks ago '13        #36
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
$58,507 | Props total: 45823 45823
 TheLastNonEarth said

Millenials and generation z

Really on some boss sh*t

Like I be saying on here a lot

I really like real estate; been doing it part time with a full time job

In a few months finna make the jump full time

I see people at my Job thatís been there longer than Iíve been alive

Crazy they never been exposed to the idea they can do something they actually enjoy for a living
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #37
space
space
 mr_underground said
im in the influencer world and even I go to the to the 16-25 year olds but since im older i do the same thing but charge way more because i have more business experience and clout. but they're running my sh*t. the kids tell me what to do lol. because im not checking for the latest filters and camera app, they let me know. i just learned about the unfold app for stories. use it all the time now. and secret a lot of the older people are jealous. they wish they could travel the world and live on $3k a month from online ad and business revenue. i've these teens spend $2k on ads and bring back $18k from a shopify store selling t-shirts

Imma have to go ahead and friend you so we can chop it up on that bidness later patna. I'm on that directory wave with BD building apps but I'm open to learn new things You're right about the jealousy because they're adults who HAD to drive a forklift for 25 years at PepsiCo because they lounged around at 20 ...so they warned their kids against it...but now LOUNGING and having fun has more outlets for people to get paid.

It's crazy how some baddies in 1985 would've been huge celebs or had the club shut up by some dumb NBA player if IG was around back then
+3   

2 weeks ago '05        #38
FalconBuddha 21 heat pts21
space
space
$8,391 | Props total: 3358 3358
 yousabi*ch said
lets get real...for most careers you can learn the sh*t on the job and save 100,000 in tuition....there are certain ones that you obviously need to be educated...most college grads dont know sh*t about their career they learn it on the job as well
Working in IT, i really think a degree is pointless, cause of how fast tech moves and how for many IT minded people, its better to learn by doing, but sadly, the company i work for values the degree so much that there are literally leads at my work with 15 years of experience and who are basically the Mr. Fix-It for all problems, and yet get turned down for promotions because they dont have degrees. My manager had to fill out paperwork and explain why he was hiring me (only have an a.ssociates) vs hiring someone with a bachelors (and beyond) and that delayed my onboarding by almost a month
+5   

2 weeks ago '17        #39
space
space
 North!!! said
Millenials and generation z

Really on some boss sh*t

Like I be saying on here a lot

I really like real estate; been doing it part time with a full time job

In a few months finna make the jump full time

I see people at my Job that’s been there longer than I’ve been alive

Crazy they never been exposed to the idea they can do something they actually enjoy for a living
First off
Congratulations my guy, I dream for everybody to get that freedom

Second, yea most older people were taught a slave mentality at an early age. It comes from the fear of failure and having only yourself to blame should things go wrong

I'm working on a project which simplified is a call for humility in learning. People need to be comfortable with confusion. 1st you admit it, then you analyze your own confusion so you understand it well enough to ask the right question and get the right answer.

A lack of knowledge on gaining wealth is literally all that keeps a person from gaining wealth. You have to figure out what you don't understand then learn what you need to know. I live to get rid of my own pride so I can learn what i once considered complex

Best of luck bro
+2   

2 weeks ago '16        #40
MrCiiNeMa 17 heat pts17
space
space
$743 | Props total: 2692 2692
 etchasketch said
I 100% feel you and understand where you are coming from. I have a 9-5 and am slowly trying to build my real estate portfolio so I can reach my passive income goal and retire in the next 7 years. With that being said, I have a goal to run a small real estate firm where I acquire proprties under market value and either flip them or rent them out, and I would like to employ people. If I had to candidates looking for a job and they equally qualified, I will 100% choose the person that went through the rigor of a four year university.

Entrepreneurship is super dope and I think that everyone should aspire to be their own boss, but bosses need workers.
I feel u man. Best of luck in your endeavors
+1   

2 weeks ago '10        #41
The Insomniac 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,310 | Props total: 1577 1577
 buzzkill said
I have a degree and I agree with buddy...

How old are you and when did you get your degree?
I was 25 and immediately got a job in my field of study (Toy Design)

Recruiters wouldn't even look at a portfolio from someone without a degree when I was interning

Idiots gotta stop making gross generalizations based off a few instances where people either got jobs without degrees or with degrees

But any idiot should know that having a degree gives you that slight advantage from the millions that don't

The rest is hustling. A degree is not some magical paper that automatically gives jobs

Last edited by The Insomniac; 12-02-2018 at 06:37 PM..
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #42
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
 The Insomniac said
I was 25 and immediately got a job in my field of study (Toy Design)

Recruiters wouldn't even look at a portfolio from someone without a degree when I was interning
when was this

if i heard a n*gga was studying toy design now i'd cringe

2 weeks ago '10        #43
The Insomniac 7 heat pts
space
space
 buzzkill said
when was this

if i heard a n*gga was studying toy design now i'd cringe
3 yrs ago

There will always be a market for toys

Parents aren't exactly giving their 1-3 year olds iPads

plus Legos, Racecars, Robots all this sell out yearly

Last edited by The Insomniac; 12-02-2018 at 06:46 PM..
+1   

2 weeks ago '17        #44
Naga Sadow 14 heat pts14
space
space
$8,982 | Props total: 36271 36271
 PineappleOG said
If people self educate which is a big if, but if they did they would be better off. We live in a world especially in the modern USA with the liberal education you end up with a fu*k ton of sociologists with no sociology to do. I would guess more than half the degrees out there are working in something completely unrelated to their degree, i see it so much in the market its stupid
I remember my old job where the shipping guy had a degree in psychology but couldn't get a job. I'm letting my son decide what he wants to do but I'm trying to steer him away from college and work on getting a bunch of trade certifications.
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #45
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
 The Insomniac said
3 yrs ago

There will always be a market for toys

Parents aren't exactly giving their 1-3 year olds iPads

plus Legos, Racecars, Robots all this sell out yearly
idk ive never heard of that degree if it worked out for you great

i tell all the young folks i know major in stem or dont even bother it aint about what you want to do for the rest of your life its what can make you the most money with the least amount of debt so you can fund your real passion whether thats entrepreneurship, fashion, music whatever
+2   

2 weeks ago '10        #46
killinemsoftly 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,493 | Props total: 1818 1818
 Naga Sadow said
I remember my old job where the shipping guy had a degree in psychology but couldn't get a job. I'm letting my son decide what he wants to do but I'm trying to steer him away from college and work on getting a bunch of trade certifications.
People sleep on the trades. If you want to go 9-5, donít like school, and arenít the entrepreneur type, trades are the way to go. Thereís good money in starting your own company too.

Another decent job people sleep on is firef!ghter/Emt. Youíve got to have heart and a stomach but itís a good career. Iíve never heard of layoffs for emergency response services. There was a big thing a few years back here in Chicago about firef!ghters not hiring black people. The city got sued and ended up doing an all black class in the settlement.
+3   

2 weeks ago '18        #47
Binary 71 heat pts71
space
space
$2,200 | Props total: 3611 3611
The trick is to get a job at a good company then go to college while attending. Do a great job at your position and network with the right people. Then after graduation you have major advantages: experience, degree and a.ssociations, and a job.
+1   

2 weeks ago '18        #48
StillSFamilyRep 1 heat pts
space
space
$913 | Props total: 4228 4228
 Aztlan said
People who self educate end up being Trump voters
I'm teaching myself coding and I'm nowhere near being a Trump supporter. Cmon G
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #49
MacFrugal 
space
space
$331 | Props total: 1321 1321
long a.ss read where the first word i skimmed was "unpreppared"

didn't continue

2 weeks ago '10        #50
The Insomniac 7 heat pts
space
space
 buzzkill said
idk ive never heard of that degree if it worked out for you great

i tell all the young folks i know major in stem or dont even bother it aint about what you want to do for the rest of your life its what can make you the most money with the least amount of debt so you can fund your real passion whether thats entrepreneurship, fashion, music whatever
100% agree its not always about what you wanna do but whats gonna be relevant

And a Toy Design degree is only available at Design/Art schools like Pratt/FIT/The New School/ Parsons/ Miami Design School etc. I was the only black guy in my classes full of asians

These schools had degrees I never heard of either until I joined like Advertising Design/UI/UX/Screen Design/Car Design/Architecture/Advanced Coding Design/Package Design

Degrees in the design field will always be relevant because you need humans to design, robots cant do it

Last edited by The Insomniac; 12-02-2018 at 11:30 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+47online now  26
Image(s) inside Bx detectives need help. Who is she???
35 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  18
BOX Canelo Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding | Weigh in & Face 2 Face
389 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+90online now  17
Image(s) inside This thot too tough!
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+46online now  7
OT Female High School Basketball Player Brings Down The H..
70 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+35online now  6
Goat movies that never got sequels, prequels or remakes?
120 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  5
Article inside Nintendoís NES Classic and SNES Classic are going out of production
45 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+21online now  3
NBA 2019 Free Agency is crazy. The list.
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+88online now  3
Image(s) inside Ye trying to get niggas deported now
143 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy