HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR 20s

most viewed right now
49 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '05        #51
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,418 | Props total: 4049 4049
 etchasketch said
Just working a regular job and getting experience/networking without having any loans.

I went to college and I definitely used my degree in my line of work. But I am in the minority. I know SEVERAL people that went to college and studied history, English, psychology, etc and they are working jobs that don't require a degree. So essentially they missed out on 4/5 years of income and accrued $30,000+ in loans.

I also know a kid in my high school that didn't go to college and became an electrician. I graduated high school in 2005 and he has been doing it for 12 years now and clears WELL over six figures and has his own company locally.
Some degrees are wayy better than others. The courses you mentioned are useless degrees.

Study a real course like engineering and the sciences. That way they cant just pick some one off the streets to do your job.

1 year ago '16        #52
Blackaveli 
space
space
$868 | Props total: 1169 1169
What kind of jobs do your friends with those degrees have?

Are they bad?

etchasketch said
Just working a regular job and getting experience/networking without having any loans.

I went to college and I definitely used my degree in my line of work. But I am in the minority. I know SEVERAL people that went to college and studied history, English, psychology, etc and they are working jobs that don't require a degree. So essentially they missed out on 4/5 years of income and accrued $30,000+ in loans.

I also know a kid in my high school that didn't go to college and became an electrician. I graduated high school in 2005 and he has been doing it for 12 years now and clears WELL over six figures and has his own company locally.

1 year ago '05        #53
YoungIke1122 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 7439 7439
 Legit Jones said
I just turned 29 last week man

Is it too late???

Happy belated my fellow 88 baby it's def not too late as long as ur heart beating and mind intact

1 year ago '05        #54
YoungIke1122 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 7439 7439
 acegutta22 said
Great list wish somebody told me this when I wash 20
Your 20 year old self may not have taken this information as seriously.. experience will always be the best teacher

1 year ago '15        #55
SeaSalt 12 heat pts12
space
space
$3,034 | Props total: 7587 7587
Travelling should be number one on everybody's list.

All the things on the list won't make much sense until you travel. It's hard to have a broader and long term perspective on life within your city limits.

1 year ago '14        #56
MomsDigMe 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,103 | Props total: 2236 2236
 Mighty said
Are there points that you wish you'd known earlier? I wish I never took out those damned student loans man
Smh, only thing I regret. Dropped out after 3 semesters and realizing that I don't want to punch a clock for some old, fat rich n*gga for the rest of my life.

1 year ago '15        #57
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,756 | Props total: 24367 24367
 Robespierre said
Cardio (jogging and jump rope), sunlight, clean eating, nofap and regular, proper brushing and combing.

Please don't forget to wash.

On another note, that exercise one is definitely important. Got into the habit of drinking regularly and fell off in school, once I quit and started exercising, eating right I got that discipline back.

Also, start doing push ups while gripping dumbbells - you'll thank me later.

Oh, yeah, no lazing about. You'll waste most of your time laying around.

About to hit that jump rope and weights - had a vigorous lunch.
jump rope is my main form of cardio. You feel the fatigue more and you feel that you got more of a workout than most of the people jogging or on bikes. I jog sometimes tho but when i do its more like HIIT with sprints, I been meaning to workout and even if its just pushups or some resistance bands workouts but i fu*k up and cant make it a routine. I'll make it work one of these days tho, What do the pushups with dumbbells do as opposed to doin them the normal way?

Listen to this joint

[video - click to view]

1 year ago '04        #58
etchasketch 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$5,399 | Props total: 3220 3220
 Blackaveli said
What kind of jobs do your friends with those degrees have?

Are they bad?
Not BAD per se. Like bank tellers, personal banker, leasing agents at apartments, officer manager. They aren't STRUGGLING but those are jobs that they could have started at 18 without a degree and been in the exact same boat.

1 year ago '12        #59
Legit Jones 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,219 | Props total: 5292 5292
 YoungIke1122 said
Happy belated my fellow 88 baby it's def not too late as long as ur heart beating and mind intact
Appreciate it playa

Yeah im taking small steps to get everything in order. Dont wanna die young or not be healthy enough to enjoy a long life.

1 year ago '15        #60
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
 SeaSalt said
Travelling should be number one on everybody's list.

All the things on the list won't make much sense until you travel. It's hard to have a broader and long term perspective on life within your city limits.
i wanna do this one day but im a bit apprehensive about traveling to some country i dont know sh*t about, even the language, the prices on things, their customs and rules, How much things cost and where do i stay at or go after. I think it becomes easier if i do it a few times with someone else or a group, but ill probably have to go alone. First place i wanna try is germany or russia, people say the girls in germany love the brothas. I wanna try brazil too but i wouldnt go there alone, at least not for the first time

1 year ago '16        #61
Blackaveli 
space
space
$868 | Props total: 1169 1169
You can get most of those jobs at 18 with no experience?

I feel some people don't know what they want to do in college, and some can't do stem. It's good they ain't struggling tho.

etchasketch said
Not BAD per se. Like bank tellers, personal banker, leasing agents at apartments, officer manager. They aren't STRUGGLING but those are jobs that they could have started at 18 without a degree and been in the exact same boat.

1 year ago '16        #62
WoodPipe 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,949 | Props total: 26781 26781
Have u and ur girl keep ur credit straight. Buy ur own crib and have her buy her own. By the time yall get married u can sell or rent one of em and be caking

1 year ago '12        #63
cal classick 
space
space
$6,478 | Props total: 10672 10672
 SPdaGOAT said
Spend your 20s making sure your 30s 40s 50s and beyond arent full of struggle
One of da realist sh*ts I've ever read...period.

+1   

1 year ago '05        #64
Tha Boss 45 heat pts45
space
space
space
$23,935 | Props total: 45151 45151
 Nappy Dyed Dreads said
me personally

Wished I was focused earlier

Went to college got a sh*t degree I prob won't work in that field

Wished I started working earlier and saved more

Diving into real estate investment; lowkey wished I started like 6 years ago

After HS or early college

But the saying goes
Bro can you go into detail about your real estate investment and drop some tips on how to get started

1 year ago '13        #65
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
$58,551 | Props total: 45977 45977
 Tha Boss said
Bro can you go into detail about your real estate investment and drop some tips on how to get started
sh*t I'm in the infant stage myself

Want to learn and then do real estate wholesaling

You can learn a lot from this site

[spoiler - click to view]

1 year ago '15        #66
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19273 19273
 Hellmatic said
jump rope is my main form of cardio. You feel the fatigue more and you feel that you got more of a workout than most of the people jogging or on bikes. I jog sometimes tho but when i do its more like HIIT with sprints, I been meaning to workout and even if its just pushups or some resistance bands workouts but i fu*k up and cant make it a routine. I'll make it work one of these days tho, What do the pushups with dumbbells do as opposed to doin them the normal way?

Listen to this joint
I work up whenever I fall off; I was at 1200 a day and stopped for a week and a half so I put myself at 600, at this rate I should be back to 1200 at the end of the week if I'm consistent. I find it easier to count and keep track. Doing 60 sets of 10 (count to 10 sixty times) twice a day is what I'm getting at. I jog around my block in the evening on top of jump rope. I've been meaning to get out in the morning and do a eight mile jog on Friday mornings before work and weekends. I also need to hit the squats, bleachers and leg lifts as I did before.

I usually do the weight lifting at home with 10-20lb dumbbells usually before the jump rope, sometimes push ups after. When I make some good progress I'll move to the gym. With barbells I do five to seven reps with a considerable amount of weight, but most of that energy goes towards push ups.

The dumbbells are for your wrists and better range of motion. I did my wrist something nasty doing standard push ups. I used to do 100 but had to adjust to 75. I wasn't used to the range of motion - somehow it feels heavier. I use 20lb dumbbells because it puts distance between my knuckles and the carpet.

1 year ago '15        #67
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
 Robespierre said
I work up whenever I fall off; I was at 1200 a day and stopped for a week and a half so I put myself at 600, at this rate I should be back to 1200 at the end of the week if I'm consistent. I find it easier to count and keep track. Doing 60 sets of 10 (count to 10 sixty times) twice a day is what I'm getting at. I jog around my block in the evening on top of jump rope. I've been meaning to get out in the morning and do a eight mile jog on Friday mornings before work and weekends. I also need to hit the squats, bleachers and leg lifts as I did before.

I usually do the weight lifting at home with 10-20lb dumbbells usually before the jump rope, sometimes push ups after. When I make some good progress I'll move to the gym. With barbells I do five to seven reps with a considerable amount of weight, but most of that energy goes towards push ups.

The dumbbells are for your wrists and better range of motion. I did my wrist something nasty doing standard push ups. I used to do 100 but had to adjust to 75. I wasn't used to the range of motion - somehow it feels heavier. I use 20lb dumbbells because it puts distance between my knuckles and the carpet.
i kinda do something similar sometimes with my pull up bar. I use it for pushup, If you have any bands and you want to make it more intense you can put it over your back and do it with the dumbells or bars it adds more resistance. But you're going to do a lot less overall cause its basically like doing it with weights if you use the right amount of resistance

Ex: 1:18 in this video

[video - click to view]

Another thing i do for forearms is i basically made a handmade wrist roller

Thanks for the info tho fam, i appreciate it

ima start doing 60 for 2 days then go up from there, You ever feel like your muscles are tired and need rest after doing 50 or more? How often you do em?

1 year ago '16        #68
Titan615 
space
space
space
$1,116 | Props total: 2442 2442
Life is about what you value and desire...the list is cool if you value and want to have a certain lifestyle

Not everybody wants the same thing out of life. No hate I'm just saying

1 year ago '04        #69
Dash 163 heat pts163
space
space
space
$12,210 | Props total: 32246 32246
 YBG613 said
most importantly, take care of your hair. You never know when that hairline might betray you

Aint nothing worse that looking 40 when you only in your 20'a becaues you're balding.

They tell you balding is genetic, but not taking care of your hair will cause that process to occur sooner than it needs to. You can have have your sh*t together but the thought of losing your hair at a young age can break down and depress any man. Trust me, I know

[pic - click to view]

Real spill. Take care of ur hair.

Castor Oil (grows ur hair like crazy) Olive Oil, Almond Oil, Argan Oil, Coconut oil

Get unrefined, organic, cold pressed oils

Get u sum nourish hair, sum multis, take em at night together.

Wash and condition ur hair with sum natural az shyt like Shea moisture products

Az be lookin like the prince of soul glo real quick

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Dash; 09-11-2017 at 07:06 PM..

1 year ago '08        #70
precice3 
space
space
$451 | Props total: 41 41
This is a blueprint I wish I had when I was 21. Nonetheless, this is good game.

1 year ago '13        #71
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
$58,551 | Props total: 45977 45977
 SPdaGOAT said
Spend your 20s making sure your 30s 40s 50s and beyond arent full of struggle
pops said:

20s you learn
30s and so forth you earn

1 year ago '15        #72
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19273 19273
 Hellmatic said
i kinda do something similar sometimes with my pull up bar. I use it for pushup, If you have any bands and you want to make it more intense you can put it over your back and do it with the dumbells or bars it adds more resistance. But you're going to do a lot less overall cause its basically like doing it with weights if you use the right amount of resistance

Ex: 1:18 in this video

Another thing i do for forearms is i basically made a handmade wrist roller

Thanks for the info tho fam, i appreciate it

ima start doing 60 for 2 days then go up from there, You ever feel like your muscles are tired and need rest after doing 50 or more? How often you do em?
I've been looking for something good for forearms, sometimes I take a normal towel after my showers, soak it and wring it out. Thanks.

Initially, I noticed it has to do with how you press off with the area around the ball of your feet. Can't give the exact method for getting around it but you gotta feel it out. Naturally, you can build a tolerance but if you're trying to go long distance (I'm trying to reach 5k a day by the beginning of next year) you gotta keep that consistent. Jump rope boosts metabolism. Sometimes I load up on one meal for the whole day and exercise to work it off by tomorrow - something I'm doing today. I noticed my metabolism slowing down when I started drinking and smoking when I got to college.

1 year ago '04        #73
ROD 649 heat pts649
space
space
$12,349 | Props total: 30611 30611
Most importantly wrap it up ; don't let these pretty dead end hoes trap you during that cuffing season and fu*k up the rest of your 20's

1 year ago '15        #74
160z 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,908 | Props total: 17091 17091
 BrooklynStiles said
I don't agree w/ the Friends part. If all your friend wants to do is party then that's what HE/SHE does. Another person's lifestyle shouldn't affect yours.
And it won't, but eventually you grow apart after doing 100 favors for a irresponsible friend. Get tired of the same story or having to provide help when you have watched them spiral further and further away from who they were.

1 year ago '15        #75
Hellmatic 2 heat pts
space
space
 Robespierre said
I've been looking for something good for forearms, sometimes I take a normal towel after my showers, soak it and wring it out. Thanks.

Initially, I noticed it has to do with how you press off with the area around the ball of your feet. Can't give the exact method for getting around it but you gotta feel it out. Naturally, you can build a tolerance but if you're trying to go long distance (I'm trying to reach 5k a day by the beginning of next year) you gotta keep that consistent. Jump rope boosts metabolism. Sometimes I load up on one meal for the whole day and exercise to work it off by tomorrow - something I'm doing today. I noticed my metabolism slowing down when I started drinking and smoking when I got to college.
Your routine reminds me of Herschel Walker's routine. He would have one meal a day according to him and he would do the 2k- 3k+ pushup/situp thing, mike tyson used to do all calisthenics and isometrics too. With the wrist roller you can either make it yourself or buy a cheap one on ebay (wrist roller) and add weights on the bottom. The way you make the wrist roller is you get a pvc pipe on lowe's or home depot, I got the 2 inch one since its more round so it makes you works more. Drill a hole through the middle, you might have to cut the whole pipe so that its 17 inches in length. Tie a string one end through the whole and have the other end tied to a dumbbell then you roll it and unroll it, you gon feel it trust me (it looks and sounds crazy as hell but its effective). You can use a broomstick too, shorten it a bit and just tie a rope around the middle with a knot and do it that way with the weight attached. I also know another workout for the forearms with the bands too

Last edited by Hellmatic; 09-11-2017 at 07:41 PM..

Home      

most viewed right now
+149online now  36
Nice Pawg
56 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+21online now  29
Dec 17 - Donald Trump has fu-ked the stock market
118 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  22
Video inside Tupac’s Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
200 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  18
Video inside Keith Sweat To Jacquees "Marvin, Teddy never called themselves Kings; I..
65 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  17
Red Dead Online's Biggest Problem Is Not That It Costs $600 To Buy Everything
66 comments
19 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  16
Image(s) inside Nike has no fu-ks to give. Releasing an Air Jordan 6 made with cow fur
60 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  15
Video inside An Upset DJ Akademiks Responds To Star's Receipts Video
39 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+30online now  11
NBA With rumors of Brandon Ingram getting traded... he posts cryptic message o..
89 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy