HOW TO MAXIMIZE YOUR 20s

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 year ago '15        #26
Robespierre 113 heat pts113
space
space
space
$6,297 | Props total: 19273 19273
 Hellmatic said
what do you suggest in taking care of your hair? Keratin shampoo, coconut oil, Jamaican black castor oil and all that?
Cardio (jogging and jump rope), sunlight, clean eating, nofap and regular, proper brushing and combing.

Please don't forget to wash.

On another note, that exercise one is definitely important. Got into the habit of drinking regularly and fell off in school, once I quit and started exercising, eating right I got that discipline back.

Also, start doing push ups while gripping dumbbells - you'll thank me later.

Oh, yeah, no lazing about. You'll waste most of your time laying around.

About to hit that jump rope and weights - had a vigorous lunch.

1 year ago '04        #27
rasheedwallace 57 heat pts57
space
space
$26,223 | Props total: 12346 12346
most of this is A-1.

buy property as early as possible, can't believe this isn't listed. saving ain't got sh*t on appreciable a.ssets, folks.

if you don't like lifting weights, fu*k lifting weights lol. just be healthful and stay thin.

oh, and a rolex/omega with a tailored suit jacket will get you farther than you think. live below your means, sure, but always make sure you look good.

generally avoid bernie sanders voters if at all possible.

1 year ago '05        #28
YoungIke1122 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,813 | Props total: 7439 7439
This one of the realest threads ever

1 year ago '07        #29
DIPSET101 30 heat pts30
space
space
$11,074 | Props total: 14133 14133
 YBG613 said
most importantly, take care of your hair. You never know when that hairline might betray you

Aint nothing worse that looking 40 when you only in your 20'a becaues you're balding.

They tell you balding is genetic, but not taking care of your hair will cause that process to occur sooner than it needs to. You can have have your sh*t together but the thought of losing your hair at a young age can break down and depress any man. Trust me, I know

[pic - click to view]

Soon as my sh*t started thinning I grew my beard out. I don't shave my sh*t but I keep it cut real close and beard look good. fu*ked up cause of my work schedule I can't keep a haircut like I want to so I put on a hat. sh*t can fu*k with your confidence tho

1 year ago '13        #30
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
$58,569 | Props total: 45997 45997
 Mighty said
Are there points that you wish you'd known earlier? I wish I never took out those damned student loans man
me personally

Wished I was focused earlier

Went to college got a sh*t degree I prob won't work in that field

Wished I started working earlier and saved more

Diving into real estate investment; lowkey wished I started like 6 years ago

After HS or early college

But the saying goes

The best time to grow a tree is 1,000 years ago
The next best time is today

1 year ago '07        #31
2 Hollywood 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,274 | Props total: 548 548
Man number 4 IMO opinion is thee most important one on their. When I left the hood and started hanging around educated people who only knew all of the ins and outs of business and the business industry, all of my goals in life changed. I had different dreams and aspirations.

1 year ago '07        #32
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$16,288 | Props total: 5677 5677
 DIPSET101 said
Soon as my sh*t started thinning I grew my beard out. I don't shave my sh*t but I keep it cut real close and beard look good. fu*ked up cause of my work schedule I can't keep a haircut like I want to so I put on a hat. sh*t can fu*k with your confidence tho

How low do you go on your cuts? I'm like a few months away from saying fu*k it and shaving it all off lol

1 year ago '10        #33
robfromlbc 9 heat pts
space
space
space
$4,404 | Props total: 18626 18626
Only thing I could add to the list is keep a positive mindset.
Man I done been through some sh*t in my 26 years but keeping that positive mindset has saved me many times.
Bottom line is no matter if you born rich or born poor life is going to knock you down but you have to pick yourself up because the world not going to pick you up.

1 year ago '05        #34
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,420 | Props total: 4051 4051
1. College-only if necessary

Stopped reading there , if ur not going to school what else will you be doing? Listen there will be very few Bill gates and even less zuckerbergs. if you aint going to school ur relaly setting ur set up for some sh*t

I coulda been making wha ti make now and clearing 6 figures in my mid to early 20's. Youll leave most of ur friends in the dust with no fu*ks either

Last edited by Tonero; 09-11-2017 at 04:44 PM..

1 year ago '15        #35
RollTideCowboy 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,390 | Props total: 1566 1566
 Kliq said
i know friends who started balding (think its prevalent in south asian men) and that sh*t sucked every bit of confidence out of them. sucks cus most of these guys were pretty good looking dudes (no homo) and had no issues pulling girls, but once the hair started thinning they lost all that mojo

my dad is bald, i'll probably go bald too but i got at least 5 years left - goal is to find a shawty that'll hold me down prior to all that fu*kery
Too many women out here to fixate on the ones who'll turn down a well groomed, well spoken, generally well to do man, because of balding. My line is receding, but its not out of hand, YET. So in the past couple of years, i've cut my hair realllly low. Close to bald. Women still choosing. Matter of fact, the spectrum of women I received attention from became broader.

MUCH respect to the OP. Threads like these will actually make boxden more of a community for growth. sh*ts dope.

1 year ago '17        #36
MeziaaeL 2 heat pts
space
space
$667 | Props total: 2275 2275
 Tonero said

Stopped reading there , if ur not going to school what else will you be doing? Listen there will be very few Bill gates and even less zuckerbergs. if you aint going to school ur relaly setting ur set up for some sh*t

I coulda been making wha ti make now and clearing 6 figures in my mid to early 20's. Youll leave most of ur friends in the dust with no fu*ks either
Trade school
Real Estate Industry
Investing
Follow your passion and make money off of it.
Start small in a business, be valuable, and climb up the ladder.

The cost of college already makes it a bad investment depending on what is majored in.

That's really not bad advice at all. I'm working with quite a few people who never attended college and earn 6 figures, but they all earn in the real estate sector.

1 year ago '12        #37
Legit Jones 4 heat pts
space
space
$7,219 | Props total: 5292 5292
I just turned 29 last week man

Is it too late???

1 year ago '05        #38
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,420 | Props total: 4051 4051
 MeziaaeL said
Trade school
Real Estate Industry
Investing
Follow your passion and make money off of it.
Start small in a business, be valuable, and climb up the ladder.

The cost of college already makes it a bad investment depending on what is majored in.

That's really not bad advice at all. I'm working with quite a few people who never attended college and earn 6 figures, but they all earn in the real estate sector.
Your right but most people lack the discipline to even get started with a proper hustle. Trade school is equally as important cause it sets you on a decent path.

Not all degrees are created equal no doubt but education gives one the basic tools in the workforce.

My only regret is not finishing school earlier. I coulda been sitting on my a.ss years ago literally pencil pushing.

And im not complacent , i intend to work for myself once ive got the right amout of experience and savings.

Things will be tougher than ever cause people are working longer than ever , the pie is much smaller than it used to be for entrepreneurs as well

1 year ago '09        #39
LeonPhelps 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,008 | Props total: 1467 1467
All of this is very broad and subjective. I understand the concept but there isn't a one-size fits all method to the sh*t.

Not all loans will be bad. I got some VERY low interest loans now that free up working capital with my business (they get paid off monthly though).

It took me years to pay off the ones with crazy high interest. Paying those were some of the worst times of my life. NEVER borrow if your credit-worthiness won't allow you to secure a low interest loan!!! Don't do it under any circumstances!

I carry very little personal debt other than some cards with low balances that ill pay off before due date. Being debt-free brought down my stress levels A LOT which in turn made other aspects of my life easier to deal with.

Number one rule should be to not acquire any insane amount of debt you can't handle comfortably. Financial stress will spill over into every aspect of life and make everything else seem a lot harder.

The workout sh*t is dope , i lift weekly. helps you to feel more confident and alpha

co-sign the rest. def slow down on the blunts and switch to a vaporizer. something im still working on myself.

I'm writing this with a torn ligament on my other hand so def make sure health is a priority. sucks to think ill have pain for the rest of my life so don't take it for granted bros

1 year ago '10        #40
acegutta22 205 heat pts205
space
space
$9,276 | Props total: 7403 7403
Great list wish somebody told me this when I wash 20

1 year ago '13        #41
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
 blakballa21 said
Very true! The only thing is, how many kids in high school Really know what they want to do? I knew I wanted to do business or at least learn business, so I majored in business management thinking it would be a safe degree I could get a variety of jobs with. Graduated and it wasn't the case so I then got into the IT field which I am currently in now and I could have gone straight into this field without going to college at all.

You find a kid that really knows what they want to do before graduating high school and they are miles ahead of the game, but I'm not seeing that to be the case for the majority, even some that "know" what they want to do, end up changing their mind when they actually start their programs in school.
so true

2 years removed from college

Before I really knew what I wanted to do

1 year ago '04        #42
pocketchange 172 heat pts172
space
space
$14,371 | Props total: 15402 15402
The hard part is friends. You're bound to have a couple fu*k up friends.

If you have trouble saving my partner taught me a little trick. Every paycheck he go to get $50 in quarters and dump it in one of those water barrels you have to cut open to get into. You ain't gonna cut that sh*t open and go to the mall with quarters to buy some new J's.

When that cash in your saving account you can transfer that sh*t over to easy and spend it.

But at the end of the day you have to have a solid plan. What are you saving for and how much you need to make your next move.

1 year ago '15        #43
mr1914 
space
space
$839 | Props total: 1555 1555
 YBG613 said
most importantly, take care of your hair. You never know when that hairline might betray you

Aint nothing worse that looking 40 when you only in your 20'a becaues you're balding.

They tell you balding is genetic, but not taking care of your hair will cause that process to occur sooner than it needs to. You can have have your sh*t together but the thought of losing your hair at a young age can break down and depress any man. Trust me, I know

[pic - click to view]

If you balding/bald in your twenties just hit the gym hard fam. bi*ches be talking all that sh*t about wanting n*ggas with hairlines but when they see your body most of that sh*t goes out the window... especially if you black

1 year ago '15        #44
Kno 
space
space
$4,839 | Props total: 16416 16416
I'm 26 and I've followed most of it to the T but there is a lot left to be desired. I need a new job really, I'm racing to get one before I get fired from my current sales position... my numbers were good last month but ur only as good as ur last month and it's out with the old and in with the new on my team.

Don't really know what to do? Another sales job? Probably that or account management but nothing sounds awesome... I know it's a tall order but I'd love to have a job I actually like.

robfromlbc said
Number 5 is the realest sh*t ever and i will preach that if i ever have a son.
Long distance will never be an option sh*t put a strain on your mental state man.
I've never understood why this is such a big deal to people.

My girl moved in but I've been in two long distance relationships for years at a time and it was great for being in my 20s.

Plenty of space and independence but also great vacations and adventures to see each other. I think it helped me learn to be a good partner in a healthy relationship while being able to focus on myself.

Are people too codependent or not trusting to pull it off? Idk?

1 year ago '13        #45
North!!! 428 heat pts428
space
space
 Legit Jones said
I just turned 29 last week man

Is it too late???

never to late

If you decide that's the case

1 year ago '04        #46
pocketchange 172 heat pts172
space
space
$14,371 | Props total: 15402 15402
In the end you have to spend what you can afford to spend. Cause you can run across hella money within your life time, but spending habits and lifestyles can have you depressed even if you are making over 100k a year.

1 year ago '15        #47
TheTrollPole 2 heat pts
space
space
$906 | Props total: 2538 2538
 Mighty said
Are there points that you wish you'd known earlier? I wish I never took out those damned student loans man
I took them out, never paid them, then they just disappeared and stayed missing

1 year ago '12        #48
Cubs Draco 143 heat pts143
space
space
$16,582 | Props total: 4455 4455
 Menosay said
fu*k your list

Living how I wanna live

1 year ago '04        #49
etchasketch 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$5,400 | Props total: 3221 3221
 Tonero said

Just working a regular job and getting experience/networking without having any loans.

I went to college and I definitely used my degree in my line of work. But I am in the minority. I know SEVERAL people that went to college and studied history, English, psychology, etc and they are working jobs that don't require a degree. So essentially they missed out on 4/5 years of income and accrued $30,000+ in loans.

I also know a kid in my high school that didn't go to college and became an electrician. I graduated high school in 2005 and he has been doing it for 12 years now and clears WELL over six figures and has his own company locally.

1 year ago '10        #50
ElevateOne 75 heat pts75
space
space
$2,020 | Props total: 3218 3218
seems like a lot of effort

just smoke weed e'eryday

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  23
Video inside She wanted to lie but ....
28 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
-57online now  13
Rap legend DJ Quik Broke & forced to do local news to make $$$. Talks Offset C..
35 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+32online now  12
Florence, SC: Routine Traffic Stop Ends With Officers Discovering Bag Of Human..
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+62online now  9
Video inside So Basically Gucci Mane Confirmed Niggas Don't fu-k With Eminem Like Th..
797 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  9
Dec 17 - Donald Trump has fu-ked the stock market
131 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  7
Video inside Famous Dex nodding off on IG Live
85 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+122online now  4
Tory Lanez Disses Royce Da 5’9 & Calls Him An Old Washed Up HATER
174 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+16online now  3
Video inside Tupac’s Quad Studio Robber Dexter Isaac Says Pacs Man Stretch Set Him U..
215 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy