Dec 5 - FDA issues a warning on Dog foods (glad I have a snake😄)

most viewed right now
+340  32
149 comments @wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '14        #1
411 page views
12 comments

black cobra 765 heat pts765
space
space
$16,422 | Props total: 71261 71261
Dec 5 - FDA issues a warning on Dog foods (glad I have a snake😄)

The Food and Drug Administration is warning pet owners that several brands of dry dog food contain too much vitamin D, which can be toxic in high amounts, increasing their risk of kidney failure.

The FDA said that dog food sourced from a single manufacturer, but sold by multiple brands, contained "excessive, potentially toxic levels of vitamin D." Recalls have been initiated for impacted food from Nutrisca, Natural Life Pet Products, Sunshine Mills, Inc., Kroger brand, and ELM dog foods.

ELM Pet Foods and Sunshine Mills have issued voluntary recalls of some of their products due to, "potentially elevated levels of Vitamin D."
"After receiving complaints from pet owners about dogs with vitamin D toxicity, one of the firms reported to the FDA that it was recalling dry pet food due to potentially toxic levels of vitamin D. Many other brands with a common contract manufacturer have also been recalled. The FDA is working with the contract manufacturer to provide a comprehensive list of affected brands," the FDA said in a press release.

An FDA spokeswoman said they can't disclose the name of the manufacturer because it is protected information.

One of the companies, Nutrisca, said on its website that it received complaints from three pet owners who said their dogs showed vitamin D toxicity and that the excess levels were due to a "formulation error."

Another brand, Sunshine Mills, said its impacted products were distributed in the U.S. as well as exported to Japan, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Israel, Canada and South Korea.

Dogs that consume too much vitamin D can show symptoms like vomiting, loss of appetite, increased thirst or weight loss, according to the FDA. Toxic levels can cause kidney failure or death.

The FDA recommends people contact their dog's veterinarian if their dogs have been eating food from the recalled brands or if they show any symptoms a.ssociated with vitamin D toxicity.

For specific information about the types of food impacted by recalls check the FDA's website at fda.gov.

12 comments for "Dec 5 - FDA issues a warning on Dog foods (glad I have a snake😄)"

1 week ago '10        #2
NaSty2446 
space
space
space
$199 | Props total: 39 39
That’s why I feed my dog raw food. Their not meant to eat all that processed sh*t.
+5   

1 week ago '14        #3
Ivorypillars 16 heat pts16
space
space
$9,436 | Props total: 19401 19401
Voluantary recalls happen everyday b

Eat the cost and feed your dog a higher quality food and you dont arent gonna have to worry about recalls as much

1 week ago '05        #4
Woodwin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,796 | Props total: 4548 4548
damn them 30 dollar 50lb bags be love

He hates dry food tho use to get em the expensive kind it didn’t matter, I gotta mix in wet food now and he’ll tear it up
+1   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '14        #5
black cobra 765 heat pts765 OP
space
space
 nasty2446 said
That’s why I feed my dog raw food. Their not meant to eat all that processed sh*t.
What you mean by raw

1 week ago '18        #6
ordoabchao 21 heat pts21
space
space
space
$2,644 | Props total: 3678 3678
Props for posting real news
+1   

1 week ago '04        #7
TheJaJr 1 heat pts
space
space
$365 | Props total: 173 173
F* your snake
+2   

1 week ago '16        #8
potorico1 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 7340 7340
 black cobra said
What you mean by raw

@nasty2446
40 lbs of chicken leg quarters for 19$

Turkey necks

Gizzards

Livers

Pork neck bones

5lbs cans of greens, spinach, peas

All can be bought for cheap, in bulk from butcher markets.

Your dog will get lean with muscle, have super high energy level, clean smelling coat.....and their stool will come out as tiny little round balls of ash/bone that dissolves into the ground because their body absorbs all the nutrients and has no waste product.

May seem odd giving a dog this, but UNCOOKED BONES are easily digested by your dog. COOKED bones are whats dangerous.

Look up raw feed groups on FB
+3   

Top 10 most propped recently  1 week ago '14        #9
black cobra 765 heat pts765 OP
space
space
 potorico1 said
@nasty2446
40 lbs of chicken leg quarters for 19$

Turkey necks

Gizzards

Livers

Pork neck bones

5lbs cans of greens, spinach, peas

All can be bought for cheap, in bulk from butcher markets.

Your dog will get lean with muscle, have super high energy level, clean smelling coat.....and their stool will come out as tiny little round balls of ash/bone that dissolves into the ground because their body absorbs all the nutrients and has no waste product.

May seem odd giving a dog this, but UNCOOKED BONES are easily digested by your dog. COOKED bones are whats dangerous.

Look up raw feed groups on FB

Oh thts cool, I didn’t know you could feed them like that, guess it makes sense they’re still predatory animals.

Does feeding them like this, make them aggressive?

With snakes, if you feed them live prey, it makes them more prone to being aggressive.

1 week ago '04        #10
chctynig2804 2 heat pts
space
space
$19,799 | Props total: 4625 4625
 Woodwin said
damn them 30 dollar 50lb bags be love

He hates dry food tho use to get em the expensive kind it didn’t matter, I gotta mix in wet food now and he’ll tear it up
Mine is the same way. Always been a picky eater since he was a puppy. We feed him canned food mixed with dry food and most nights he eats it all or just leaves a little bit. We also cut down on the amt of treats we gave him bc we figured that also factored into why he wouldn’t eat every day
+1   

1 week ago '07        #11
iswerve 170 heat pts170
space
space
$6,188 | Props total: 11602 11602
slapped for having a snake

1 week ago '05        #12
Woodwin 3 heat pts
space
space
$6,796 | Props total: 4548 4548
 chctynig2804 said
Mine is the same way. Always been a picky eater since he was a puppy. We feed him canned food mixed with dry food and most nights he eats it all or just leaves a little bit. We also cut down on the amt of treats we gave him bc we figured that also factored into why he wouldn’t eat every day
Yup he’ll eat around the dry food if you don’t mix it well, I think he waits to see what we are eating cause we always giving him what we cook lmao, he had 2 whole chicken brea$t the other night
+2   

1 week ago '16        #13
potorico1 27 heat pts27
space
space
$2,994 | Props total: 7340 7340
 black cobra said
Oh thts cool, I didn’t know you could feed them like that, guess it makes sense they’re still predatory animals.

Does feeding them like this, make them aggressive?

With snakes, if you feed them live prey, it makes them more prone to being aggressive.
100% no. That's an Old wives tale, like feeding them gunpowder or hot sauce will make them "vicious".

In fact most vets will tel you ' off the record' that's what they feed or is the best for dogs health.

It's just vet schools are funded by dog food companies who require them to endorse/ recommend their products.

Didnt know that about snakes, but as a lifelong nature lover and Biology major, I don't think it makes them more mentally 'aggresive'.......they just get used to having to catch/kill MOVING prey to eat.....so a human hand or anything moving sets off their instincts to 'catch it' quickly, or starve

Its a reptile, so discernment isn't in their DNA.........dogs have it in abundance though

Last edited by potorico1; 12-07-2018 at 07:59 PM..
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+20online now  21
Video inside Remember when Murder Inc. tried to create there own 50 Cent....
70 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+29online now  17
Article inside Chiko Juan death: Meek Mill affiliate reportedly dead after Atlanta s..
159 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+26online now  16
Video inside If You Decide To Get Married, This Will Be Your Life
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+18online now  7
Dec 13 - Atlanta goons shoot and kill a Police officer and K-9 off Candler Road
189 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  6
Philthy Rich Finally Speaks On mozzy signing messy marv aka cashlord
85 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+21online now  6
Image(s) inside First Poster for Jordan Peele’s upcoming film “US”; trailer drops on C..
42 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
+67online now  5
Image(s) inside May 31, 2019, Legendary Pictures will be DROPPING. BODIES.
49 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  4
JID Forced To Change "DiCaprio 2" Artwork, Resulting In Sales Loss
38 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy