Dec 2 - The "Diploma Disease", Over-educated Job Seekers Flood The Worlds Job Markets

most viewed right now
49 comments @hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 2 weeks ago '12        #51
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$12,464 | Props total: 15320 15320
Korean chick was telling me about this exam and how they did the most to help students stay focused on the day of the exam

2 weeks ago '05        #52
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$7,414 | Props total: 4044 4044
Lol another thread on how it's worth being an illiterate?
+3   

2 weeks ago '10        #53
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,465 | Props total: 1944 1944
 StillSFamilyRep said
I'm teaching myself coding and I'm nowhere near being a Trump supporter. Cmon G
Same I've been teaching myself web dev for a year now... still hate trump

2 weeks ago '09        #54
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,793 | Props total: 936 936
 40 acres said
I have come to the conclusion humanity is becoming less fit for survival. People act of want and naive ideologies. Which is why they end up with bullsh*t degrees and crippling debt. Money and success still exist but the most common place it exists right now is in job sectors people don't want.
Like being a doctor or engineer?

2 weeks ago '16        #55
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
$5,777 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Aztlan said
Of course, but how can hiring managers differentiate between a bunch of 18 year olds with no experience or credentials?

A college degree is just as much a weeding out process as it is about the education you receive.
so pay to play is what your saying, has nothing to do with your skills just that you are driven enough and invested enough to put up with alot more sh*t. not saying this isnt how it works but youve been brainwashed if you cosign that type of garbage. Same way they came in with university degrees for jobs that previously didnt need it, so if you were a 30 year vet you made less money then the dude who has a job for 20 seconds cuz he got a university education, but has no idea how to implement that education in a real jobm you still need training after all that education.

2 weeks ago '15        #56
40 acres 32 heat pts32
space
space
$3,138 | Props total: 6169 6169
 faceoffizhere said
Like being a doctor or engineer?
That requires an education path a lot of peop canít even keep up with. Nope I am talking about simple sh*t like getting a trade of any kind.

2 weeks ago '16        #57
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
$10,806 | Props total: 27148 27148
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said
so pay to play is what your saying, has nothing to do with your skills just that you are driven enough and invested enough to put up with alot more sh*t. not saying this isnt how it works but youve been brainwashed if you cosign that type of garbage. Same way they came in with university degrees for jobs that previously didnt need it, so if you were a 30 year vet you made less money then the dude who has a job for 20 seconds cuz he got a university education, but has no idea how to implement that education in a real jobm you still need training after all that education.
I got both of my degrees paid for by third parties.

An education is not career training. Having the wrong expectations for what a degree means is the issue here.

But you're crazy if you don't think the skills needed to be a successful college student don't matter. And you're crazy if you're suggesting that nothing substantial separates a new worker with a high school diploma and a new worker with a college degree if the experience is the same.

When engineering firms are hiring fresh outta college, GPA is something they look at. Why would GPA matter if they all may not neccesarily have "job experience"? Because it's a statement on the ability and capability of the candidate.
+2   

2 weeks ago '06        #58
Junglist 24 heat pts24
space
space
$5,523 | Props total: 13010 13010
 buzzkill said
when was this

if i heard a n*gga was studying toy design now i'd cringe

Cringe at Toy Design?

n*gga who you think designs Legos, RC Cars, Stuffed animals, that Hulk Smash arm or the Black Panther mask that was impossible to get last christmas

This n*gga said cringe

2 weeks ago '10        #59
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junglist said

Cringe at Toy Design?

n*gga who you think designs Legos, RC Cars, Stuffed animals, that Hulk Smash arm or the Black Panther mask that was impossible to get last christmas

This n*gga said cringe
n*ggas make movies, design cartoon characters, sound design all types of sh*t

Doesnt mean it's in demand and you go major in it fu*k are u talking about

I definitely cringe at anybody taking out loans and not majoring or at least double majoring in a stem degree because I been there and dont want people making that same mistake

2 weeks ago '06        #60
Junglist 24 heat pts24
space
space
 buzzkill said
n*ggas make movies, design cartoon characters, sound design all types of sh*t

Doesnt mean it's in demand and you go major in it fu*k are u talking about

I definitely cringe at anybody taking out loans and not majoring or at least double majoring in a stem degree because I been there and dont want people making that same mistake
Literally EVERYTHING you just named there is ALWAYS in demand and is definitely worth majoring in

Sound engineers make $800 a day in the movie industry, Cartoon designers beginning salaries are at least $90,000 you telling me thats not worth majoring in

stem degrees are def worth it but lets not act like its the only thing worth studying and you should "cringe" at degrees you never heard of

2 weeks ago '16        #61
Boogie1790 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,678 | Props total: 13478 13478
 Aztlan said
Okay. So just let everyone try it without degrees and an education and see how much better the world will be.
I think they may need evaluate a degree and what you have do to get it. Experience should play a larger part in your degree cuz u cant get hired with out it no matter how good ur GPA

2 weeks ago '10        #62
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junglist said
Literally EVERYTHING you just named there is ALWAYS in demand and is definitely worth majoring in

Sound engineers make $800 a day in the movie industry, Cartoon designers beginning salaries are at least $90,000 you telling me thats not worth majoring in

stem degrees are def worth it but lets not act like its the only thing worth studying and you should "cringe" at degrees you never heard of
I majored in sound engineering sir
And know a cartoon designer from my childhood

Dont major in that sh*t.... unless you are already rich or connected you need to major in stem

2 weeks ago '07        #63
DoctorNBA 46 heat pts46
space
space
$6,401 | Props total: 4927 4927
 Aztlan said
Of course, but how can hiring managers differentiate between a bunch of 18 year olds with no experience or credentials?

A college degree is just as much a weeding out process as it is about the education you receive.
This is true. It shows you have an ability to learn which is more than you can say about someone with a GED. I know ppl with learning disabilities that have GEDs.
+1   

2 weeks ago '06        #64
Junglist 24 heat pts24
space
space
 buzzkill said
I majored in sound engineering sir
And know a cartoon designer from my childhood

Dont major in that sh*t.... unless you are already rich or connected you need to major in stem
Animation/Motion Graphics major here

And not sure if your childhood friend sucks at his craft or not but this field is definitely worth learning

You seem to be under the impression that Stem is the only degree worth getting.

Wake up call...it isn't

People just gotta do research

2 weeks ago '16        #65
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Boogie1790 said
I think they may need evaluate a degree and what you have do to get it. Experience should play a larger part in your degree cuz u cant get hired with out it no matter how good ur GPA
College Isn't job training. Thats not what an education is for.

You're thinking of trade school.

2 weeks ago '10        #66
buzzkill 7 heat pts
space
space
 Junglist said
Animation/Motion Graphics major here

And not sure if your childhood friend sucks at his craft or not but this field is definitely worth learning

You seem to be under the impression that Stem is the only degree worth getting.

Wake up call...it isn't

People just gotta do research
It worked for you great some people are able to get jobs with arts degrees...

It depends on your location and networking

You dont need a 4 year degree to make movies

I'm never going to tell kids take out that much debt to maybe get a job...

College is a step above a scam if your arent in stem

2 weeks ago '06        #67
imthatinfamous 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,527 | Props total: 6435 6435
so good looks for the summary notes...when in an over saturated market you need to find opportunity for yourself....so can't get employment? maybe its time to consider exporting the skills you have acquired to another country

2 weeks ago '16        #68
OgieOgilthorpe6 
space
space
space
$5,777 | Props total: 3456 3456
 Aztlan said
I got both of my degrees paid for by third parties.

An education is not career training. Having the wrong expectations for what a degree means is the issue here.

But you're crazy if you don't think the skills needed to be a successful college student don't matter. And you're crazy if you're suggesting that nothing substantial separates a new worker with a high school diploma and a new worker with a college degree if the experience is the same.

When engineering firms are hiring fresh outta college, GPA is something they look at. Why would GPA matter if they all may not neccesarily have "job experience"? Because it's a statement on the ability and capability of the candidate.
im from trades man so you will never win this argument with me, obviously it depends on the field, but as far as trades are that school sh*t dont matter, its juts red tape that allows you to ask for more money which in alot of cases keeps you from getting a job

2 weeks ago '05        #69
barber 
space
space
space
$286 | Props total: 321 321
Them degrees are becoming nothing more than just a piece of paper!

2 weeks ago '18        #70
Proffesor X 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,618 | Props total: 6177 6177
Make general college free and charge a special pro rate per major on a tier level.

People are told go to college to be successful and they do just end up working some low wage job with a n*gga that didn't even graduate high school......or got a GED..........complete honesty, to be able to survive in America you don't need a degree. You can get by with determination and good work ethic, but in most work places when it comes to the higher paid positions in the company that degree can come in handy, but its not a requirement.

But if you want to be a Doctor, Lawyer or something that requires technical

2 weeks ago '16        #71
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
 OgieOgilthorpe6 said
im from trades man so you will never win this argument with me, obviously it depends on the field, but as far as trades are that school sh*t dont matter, its juts red tape that allows you to ask for more money which in alot of cases keeps you from getting a job
What trades require bachelor degrees that you're talking about?

You don't graduate from Trade School or Job Corp with a bachelor's degree which is why I ask if you're speaking on trades.

2 weeks ago '16        #72
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
 barber said
Them degrees are becoming nothing more than just a piece of paper!
If a degree is the minimum requirement to be considered for many positions, then it still has value.

As long as it separates candidates, it still has value.
+1   

2 weeks ago '16        #73
Boogie1790 8 heat pts
space
space
$5,678 | Props total: 13478 13478
 Aztlan said
College Isn't job training. Thats not what an education is for.

You're thinking of trade school.
Smh didnt i just say that we need to re-evaluatte education. Whats the point of getting a degree if you cant gt a job because you dont have experience. Im saying college needs to be more trade school so students fresh out of college have a better chance at getting a job and do better when they get the job. But i guess the education system is perfect.

2 weeks ago '16        #74
Aztlan 67 heat pts67
space
space
 Boogie1790 said
Smh didnt i just say that we need to re-evaluatte education. Whats the point of getting a degree if you cant gt a job because you dont have experience. Im saying college needs to be more trade school so students fresh out of college have a better chance at getting a job and do better when they get the job. But i guess the education system is perfect.
That's what internships and research opportunities are for. If you graduate college with no experience in the career of your choice, you're responsible for that, not the University you attended. You know what major you signed up for and if you know what you want to do as a career after school, then take advantage of the related opportunities available to you as there are plenty.

The purpose of getting an education is to become more of an expert in a particular field, in addition to becoming a more qualified job candidate. If it was structured solely as a job training program, academia would fall apart. If you don't have people who are dedicated to just learning about and researching a given subject, universities cease to exist. If people stop learning for the sake of learning, knowledge never expands.

And why would college need to be more like trade school if trade school already exists? They're not intended to be the same thing. Don't blame academia, blame the people who can't tell the difference.
+1   

1 week ago '09        #75
faceoffizhere 
space
space
$4,793 | Props total: 936 936
 40 acres said
That requires an education path a lot of peop canít even keep up with. Nope I am talking about simple sh*t like getting a trade of any kind.

Which is why people don't want them. What kjnda trades you talking bout tho?

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+46online now  29
Image(s) inside Bx detectives need help. Who is she???
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+89online now  20
Image(s) inside This thot too tough!
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
online now  19
BOX Canelo Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding | Weigh in & Face 2 Face
382 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+46online now  7
OT Female High School Basketball Player Brings Down The H..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
online now  6
Article inside Nintendoís NES Classic and SNES Classic are going out of production
45 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
-62online now  6
I was googling rapper's net worth, then I got to DMX.. smh
81 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+454online now  5
Image(s) inside Bruh getting roasted
193 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+35online now  4
Goat movies that never got sequels, prequels or remakes?
117 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy