Teen Beaten and Robbed for Sneakers [in Seattle]

most viewed right now
 NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
15 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
16 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
63 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #101
DIPSET101 29 heat pts29
space
space
$9,875 | Props total: 8873 8873
Reselling is a dirty game. And as long as there is money to be made it will never stop. Don't matter if Nike produce more pairs, that just means more pairs for resellers to buy.

A true reseller works all angles and has multiple contacts in multiple places. If Nike say they making 2 million pairs of lebrons, resellers gonna get on they job and call in all types of favors trying to secure as many pairs as possible. Same thing goes if they only make 30 pair. A good reseller is always ahead of the average sneakerhead.
 6 years ago '05        #102
casta 
space
space
$293 | Props total: 6 6
..mann im sure this will be in the news a lot sometime next week after dem Yeezys 2 drop ...
 6 years ago '09        #103
Two Five Design 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 16 16
 LeMar G said:
I laughed.

That's the risk you run being a reseller and dealing on craigslist.

This is the norm where I'm from.

Most sneakerheads don't respect resellers.

Get it how you live
So if he got the shoes out of town somewhere you never would have copped and you wanted them from him, you don't see why he would make some money off it?

You don't buy a zone and sell it for the purchase price....

On another note, the IRS is going to be watching him, doubt he payed taxes on his profit
 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM         #104
LebronOnYoBtch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yup That Gangsta Gibbs rob me a n*gga played in my head while readin this sh*t
 06-08-2012, 10:02 AM         #105
LebronOnYoBtch 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let Me Not Get My Columbia 11,s n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #106
Cashville2400 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,873 | Props total: 157 157
 eCity 420 said:
Re sellers are robbers.. they robbing people of kicks they genuinely want to wear to r*pe some one else with their high fees. thinking they put in hard work because they have no life and cop pairs of shoes before anyone else can..

I hate re sellers and i really hope people learn from this.. Stop being so fu*kin greedy and just let people enjoy sh*t.
these bi*ch a.ss people can get it. f*gs that have
no knowledge and know nothing about the shoes want to make it hard for me to get shoes I want. Then they brag about it the money they are going to make and how they don't really like the shoes. If you want to be in the streets making street money you better respect the streets and the rules of the streets. I'm not the type of person to jump people over shoes but when you do people dirty sometimes you get done that way too.
 6 years ago '04        #107
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,798 | Props total: 23552 23552
that's why i stay strapped when i sell anything on craiglist and meet up with people
 06-08-2012, 12:48 PM         #108
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
resellers > theives

all fu*king day, everyday

your local weed man is a reseller, most of the time, and i don't see people urging for them to get beat down. half of america is a damn reseller, cause they damn sure don't make the product.
 6 years ago '09        #109
blacknacirema4 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,096 | Props total: 383 383
Wait so why the dislike for resellers???
 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM         #110
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
why don't people who stand in line for other electronics just to sell them get this kind of hate?

apple products, black friday, etc...

NOBODY IS MAKING your dumb a.ss buy shoes for more than they retail for. That's a choice, a victimless business transaction.

A person is not asking to be robbed. Period.

I know when I sold some subwoofers over craigslist, I met in a wide open parking lot, middle of the day, gun on my hip (visibily), with my uncle in the car with his gun. Does that mean I can't get wrobbed or k!lled, nope, but I'm covering my bases. And when I sell shoes, well when I used to, I only did it at shoe stores.
 06-08-2012, 03:27 PM         #111
Young Token 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
homie shoulda brought the switchblade. sh*t is uber real outchea
 6 years ago '10        #112
Based Nobleman 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,092 | Props total: 244 244
 freakbucket said:
resellers > theives

all fu*king day, everyday

your local weed man is a reseller, most of the time, and i don't see people urging for them to get beat down. half of america is a damn reseller, cause they damn sure don't make the product.
u speak the truth yung god respect
 6 years ago '04        #113
efromthev 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,589 | Props total: 440 440
You guys are a bunch of idiots defending this.

So you are mad at someone spending their time waiting in line to make some money? It's an extra side hustle.

You don't get mad at Jordan for selling you $200 shoes that cost a dollar to make including slave labor but you are mad at resellers?
 6 years ago '06        #114
RAZAH CUTS 5841 heat pts5841
space
space
$54,091 | Props total: 18910 18910
 KeithHernandez said:
How do you know they're not supplying enough? Look at the Post Your Pickups thread and check my man fdot with a trunk full of Miami Vice Elite 9s. Look at his other posts with KDIV N7s and Sprite Penny 2s. Out of all of those, the Miami Vice 9s probably had the highest demand -- especially if you use blogs and boards to gauge the markets. But you could not walk into most stores the afternoon that they dropped and find your size, because the most efficient resellers got a network of dudes cleaning out the town.

And I ain't even trying to call homeboy out, but he knows what he's doing. Your 11th Grade "Supply & Demand" lesson in basic economics doesn't factor how the demand is influenced by an exhausted supply, effectively reshaping the market. This is more akin to antitrust laws, in place to prevent business (in this case, people) from controlling the market and charging whatever they want for goods. It doesn't matter if it's an essential item (like running water), or something material (like running shoes).

As for the claims throughout the thread that sneakers cost $15 to make -- that argument is old and it sounds like something my mom used to say when we were extra poor and she couldn't afford to get me a new pair of kicks.

No one knows how much sneakers cost to make once the factory gets a hold of them. Synthetic leathers might be of less value than cow hide, but the R&D into making it isn't cheap. Either way, none of the a.ssumptions factor what the brands do to develop their shoes.

This means samples that get made two years before the kicks release. This means wear tests with different athletes. This means things like flying media in from all around the country, with the hopes that A+ accommodations means an A++ review on the blogs and Twitter feeds of popular tastemakers. This means the oil that goes into making the rubber soles, that also goes into the ships and planes and trucks and vans that deliver the sneakers from that Chinese factory to your Foot Locker shelves. This means the skyrocketing cost of cotton. Yes, cotton. This means the salaries of the staff that essentially keep Oregon relevant. This means the marketing dollars into cool one-minute commercials on YouTube.

This means a whole lot of sh*t people don't really get when they wanna stammer on about how cheap sneakers really are, when they don't have a clue.
this n*gga broke the sneaker game down to a fu*kin science...

however, not to belabor your point, but I think that when ppl state that kicks cost $15 dollars they're just speaking explicitly and may I add, truthfully, about the actual worth of the materials that the shoes are made out of. And, yes, the actual materials themselves are not worth much..

you're talking about the import/export and marketing side of the cost of doing business, not actual face value, so your argument is a lil' off..

sh*t, let's not even start talking about cost of labor.. why do you think these huge American athletic apparel corp's go into places like China and Mexico to have their products manufactured? It damn sure ain't b/c the workforces have good solid unions that negotiate a fair wage...

They do it b/c they can pay those ppl 5 times less than an American worker and get 5 times more work outta the deal.. they recoup all marketing and import costs by the simple fact that production is so dirt cheap..

Last edited by RAZAH CUTS; 06-08-2012 at 10:08 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #115
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
U got resellers that actually resell to help those out who missed the shoes, maybe lookin for a $50 profit. But then u got marks who don't even have interest n the shoes tryna make a $250 profit, come on mane. It's dat greedyness dat gets me. slangin work ain't good either tho, but u gotta do what u gotta do
 6 years ago '04        #116
Aesop730 14 heat pts14
space
space
$19,668 | Props total: 5360 5360
 efromthev said:
You guys are a bunch of idiots defending this.

So you are mad at someone spending their time waiting in line to make some money? It's an extra side hustle.

You don't get mad at Jordan for selling you $200 shoes that cost a dollar to make including slave labor but you are mad at resellers?

[pic - click to view]

06-09-2012, 04:44 PM         #117
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For those that are talking sh*t about the reseller and hating on him I got news for you: STEP YOUR MONEY UP OR GET ON THE LINE AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE TO GET YOUR sh*t!

First... ONLY BROKE a.ss HATING MUTHAfu*kAS HATE ON DUDES THAT MAKE MONEY! Last time I check, everything that you buy at the fu*king store goes through a fu*king reseller. Secondly, don't hate the man because he's charging those prices... hate yourself for paying for it and allowing that sh*t to happen. If you really want to hurt someone like that it's obvious you do it through his pockets and not paying for it. If the sneaker community really wanted to deal with this issued, just unite and say, fu*k a a reseller, I won't pay for it and trust me, guys like him won't be charging the prices they do. Last time I check, didn't the people or the consumer hold the power in controlling the prices?

In the end talk all the sh*t that you want... but dude knows how to survive and make a profit, unlike the fu*king cowards and haters that got sh*t for brains and resort to violence because they're too stupid to used their heads.

As I always say... don't hate success hate yourself for being a bum!

Last edited by bigbarcelona; 06-09-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
32 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
119 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
84 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
14 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
170 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy