Finally did it.. Exit Note 8 Enter Huawei Mate20 Pro

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

New replies show every 10 seconds
 1 week ago '09        #26
Zaosyn 263 heat pts263
space
space
$14,771 | Props total: 2369 2369
You paid flagship phone prices for a non-flagship phone?

I'm not hating. Phone looks nice but I just looked it up and I'm seeing the price for this phone is over $1,000?

1 week ago '06        #27
canal_boys 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,397 | Props total: 528 528
 arms said
Yeah, because Apple and Samsung don't actively spy on you. Dudes in here are delusional with their fanboy tribalism.
That's the shyt I will never understand. Google, Apple, Facebook collect data and spy on U.S citizens and people scared of international companies spying on them. What can a company across the sea do to you with that info? They have no jurisdiction. But U.S Companies can use that spy I fo on you though cause in are under US juristiction.

This is just as stupid as people getting mad cause an item they bough for 2 dollars at Walmart is crappy and blame it on the country that made it talking about American made would be better when that same item made in American is 10-15 dollar. No duhh stupid motherufcker. You expect something that's $2 to be as good as something that's $15. People out of control with the tribalism.
+3   

1 week ago '15        #28
abcxyz 5 heat pts
space
space
$451 | Props total: 310 310
 Zaosyn said

I'm not hating. Phone looks nice but I just looked it up and I'm seeing the price for this phone is over $1,000?
i agree about the price being outrageous.... but if this isnt a flagship phone, then there literally isnt a flagship phone on this planet.

1 week ago '14        #29
Falcons88 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,299 | Props total: 3202 3202
 Zaosyn said

Huawei Mate 20 pro is the most flagship phone you can get
+1   

1 week ago '04        #30
NahLij 25 heat pts25
space
space
$11,883 | Props total: 13735 13735
Definitely would like a follow up after about a month of use. I'll be on this Note 9 for at least 3-5yrs as far as I can see. Just upgraded off a 6S Plus.

6 days ago '05        #31
white-chocolate 128 heat pts128 OP
space
space
$15,897 | Props total: 1825 1825
sorry guys for not coming back with an update or anything.. been busy and didn't realize anyone commented on the thread.
i'm not worried about the s10 dropping..
i've never liked those S models, always waited for the Note line ups..
I like phone models with the top hardware spec's hence why i've always bought the Note phones so when Huawei dropped this phone with spec's on the same level or better than Note 9 i thought i'd try it out.
As for warranty i had the option to buy warranty through the carrier but it was expensive and i've never used warranty, don't really drop my phone or anything. I'm in canada also because i know it wasn't being released to the US.
As for the price, i've owned Note phones and my wife has bought the last two iPhone X whatever releases now so i'm not worried about the price.
In regards to spying, i could care less, i work a regular a.ss job, i'm not into weird pr0n or terrorist sh*t so i've got nothing to hide. Besides now a days what isn't spying on you.
As for the camera, it's amazing, i'm not really a camera guy, i post some sh*t here and there on IG, take family pics really.
The phone itself is pretty beastly performance wise, the battery is great.
I tested out wirelessly charging other phones, works good but it's kind of annoying if you use your phone often, still it works as intended and comes in handy.
Oddly enough it's hard to get use to and figure out coming over from Samsung..
There's little things i couldn't figure out like the lockscreen, if you don't set your on lockscreen the lockscreen image changes at random, if you add always on display with the date/clock that just sits there and sometimes stops you from accesing your lockscreen wallpaper. On the other hand if you don't set the always on display then you just have a black screen and have to click the side button to bring you to the lockscreen. Haven't figure out how to wake the phone by waving your hand over it like on Samsungs.
I Can't get my Google a.ssistant to recognize my voice, just sits at the Please wait screen with the colored google circles going around.
The Live wallpapers are insane on it, great feature, however i can't get the downloadable ones to work , tells me i need to update something but it fails to update.
I used Phone Clone to do the transfer, great app worked well and was pretty fast.
You can use 2 sim cards on this phone or 1 sim card and 1 nanosd card, i'm still trying to find the nanoSD card although with 128gb i dont know if i even need it at this point.
Finger print scanner works awesome, haven't tried the face recoginition yet because I hate the one on my Note had, never worked in the dark so i didn't bother with this one yet.

Not sure what else at the moment as i wasn't actually going to make this post any type of review so if yall have questions i'll do my best to let you know how it goes.

Verdict so far i love the phone.. i do feel the Note has more gesture options and little things but at the same time i don't really know how to use this phone yet.
Also i'll be keeping it until the Pixel sorts it's life out or Samsung drops the actual folding phone
+2   

6 days ago '04        #32
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 1793 1793
 white-chocolate said
sorry guys for not coming back with an update or anything.. been busy and didn't realize anyone commented on the thread.
i'm not worried about the s10 dropping..
i've never liked those S models, always waited for the Note line ups..
I like phone models with the top hardware spec's hence why i've always bought the Note phones so when Huawei dropped this phone with spec's on the same level or better than Note 9 i thought i'd try it out.
As for warranty i had the option to buy warranty through the carrier but it was expensive and i've never used warranty, don't really drop my phone or anything. I'm in canada also because i know it wasn't being released to the US.
As for the price, i've owned Note phones and my wife has bought the last two iPhone X whatever releases now so i'm not worried about the price.
In regards to spying, i could care less, i work a regular a.ss job, i'm not into weird pr0n or terrorist sh*t so i've got nothing to hide. Besides now a days what isn't spying on you.
As for the camera, it's amazing, i'm not really a camera guy, i post some sh*t here and there on IG, take family pics really.
The phone itself is pretty beastly performance wise, the battery is great.
I tested out wirelessly charging other phones, works good but it's kind of annoying if you use your phone often, still it works as intended and comes in handy.
Oddly enough it's hard to get use to and figure out coming over from Samsung..
There's little things i couldn't figure out like the lockscreen, if you don't set your on lockscreen the lockscreen image changes at random, if you add always on display with the date/clock that just sits there and sometimes stops you from accesing your lockscreen wallpaper. On the other hand if you don't set the always on display then you just have a black screen and have to click the side button to bring you to the lockscreen. Haven't figure out how to wake the phone by waving your hand over it like on Samsungs.
I Can't get my Google a.ssistant to recognize my voice, just sits at the Please wait screen with the colored google circles going around.
The Live wallpapers are insane on it, great feature, however i can't get the downloadable ones to work , tells me i need to update something but it fails to update.
I used Phone Clone to do the transfer, great app worked well and was pretty fast.
You can use 2 sim cards on this phone or 1 sim card and 1 nanosd card, i'm still trying to find the nanoSD card although with 128gb i dont know if i even need it at this point.
Finger print scanner works awesome, haven't tried the face recoginition yet because I hate the one on my Note had, never worked in the dark so i didn't bother with this one yet.

Not sure what else at the moment as i wasn't actually going to make this post any type of review so if yall have questions i'll do my best to let you know how it goes.

Verdict so far i love the phone.. i do feel the Note has more gesture options and little things but at the same time i don't really know how to use this phone yet.
Also i'll be keeping it until the Pixel sorts it's life out or Samsung drops the actual folding phone
EMUI is kinda a.ss, but its different. If done right could be a great skin
+2   

5 days ago '05        #33
space
space
 RatedQue said
EMUI is kinda a.ss, but its different. If done right could be a great skin
agree with this so far..

any tips or cool sh*t about EMUI let me know.

5 days ago '04        #34
RatedQue 51 heat pts51
space
space
$3,956 | Props total: 1793 1793
 white-chocolate said
agree with this so far..

any tips or cool sh*t about EMUI let me know.
Honestly not really the themes are ok, I just got tired of samsung phones and wanted a different type of flagship and went with the last mate pro that came out. I have an iphone 8 and this phone as my 2nd phone. Ive noticed a lot of general things I do not like about the UI though. I miss private mode on my galaxy for hiding all the videos and pictures on my phone in case someone goes thru my gallery lol

3 days ago '05        #35
space
space
 RatedQue said
Honestly not really the themes are ok, I just got tired of samsung phones and wanted a different type of flagship and went with the last mate pro that came out. I have an iphone 8 and this phone as my 2nd phone. Ive noticed a lot of general things I do not like about the UI though. I miss private mode on my galaxy for hiding all the videos and pictures on my phone in case someone goes thru my gallery lol
pretty sure you can still do that on this.. seen the option somewhere.. i don't really need that so i couldn't tell you of the top of my head where it is..
that is a problem tho.. not a lot of customization or it's all hidden away..
i'm getting use to the phone now and starting to like it more.. been checking some YT vids on tips, good phone, just improved my battery life a bit too

3 days ago '06        #36
O-FICIAL 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,315 | Props total: 762 762
copped the Huawei Mate 20 Lite. not a bad phone by any stretch and way cheaper than that other bullsh*t.

3 days ago '06        #37
O-FICIAL 1 heat pts
space
space
 RatedQue said
Its in the settings under private space aka Thot Protection. I have mine set with a certain fingerprint so folks only see the blank sh*t when they ask to see my phone.
+2   

3 days ago '06        #38
O-FICIAL 1 heat pts
space
space

[video - click to view]

+2   

3 days ago '07        #39
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
space
$9,474 | Props total: 2591 2591
LOL @ folks worrying about a phone spying on you as if that's not already happening with their latest iPhone and other Android phones. If you're so paranoid, just know that Facebook and Google are also spying on you btw...

+4   

1 day ago '04        #40
nicoled985 22 heat pts22
space
space
$14,906 | Props total: 5398 5398
 Zaosyn said

Is it not a Huawei flagship? Im pretty sure it is
+1   

1 day ago '15        #41
Teddy KGB 38 heat pts38
space
space
$13,341 | Props total: 41488 41488
 GODGOAT said
Bro throw that sh*t away they say huawei is spying on its users
You know how much manpower and effort it takes to spy on just one person? You think they got time and money to spy on average joes?
+1   

1 day ago '05        #42
HARBINGER 458 heat pts458
space
space
$51,921 | Props total: 11110 11110
Traitor

1 day ago '05        #43
HARBINGER 458 heat pts458
space
space
$51,921 | Props total: 11110 11110
 O-FICIAL said
Trap phone alert < apex predator

1 day ago '05        #44
space
space
 HARBINGER said
Traitor
haha was waiting for this but technically it's still android just not Samsung..
Only way i'll go back to samsung is if they come correct with the folding phone.

Mate20 Pro's going well, haven't had time to try any apps or customize anything else..
I did put SwfitKey on as the OG keyboard buttons are way to small.
Would like to get some better themes, some more live wallpapers and google a.ssistant going, last time it was glitched at setting up my voice, would just say Please Wait, haven't tried since.

Oh and not sure if i mentioned it before but i didn't have to pay 1k for this phone either, got it for $250 or something on promo/help from my friend who's a manager at our Telus store here.. I switched to them as Carrier from Rogers/AT&T. Get 10GB to myself now instead of sharing 12GB with wifey

Last edited by white-chocolate; Yesterday at 01:00 AM..

15 hrs ago '09        #45
jasperfect 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,178 | Props total: 1138 1138
 old head said
You did this when the s10 droppin in a few
months?

Samsung ain't for everybody.

11 hrs ago '05        #46
space
space
*edited*

Last edited by white-chocolate; Yesterday at 04:40 PM..

11 hrs ago '05        #47
space
space
just seen this on YT for those curious about the phone

[video - click to view]

added to OP
+1   

10 hrs ago '07        #48
21 1586 heat pts1586
space
space
$63,062 | Props total: 68935 68935
How you liking it op?

3 hrs ago '05        #49
space
space
 21 said
How you liking it op?
so far so good.. still have a bug with setting up google a.ssistant.. if your in google voice works and if you hold the home button the voice a.ssistant pops up and works but if you goto the settings to actually set up the google voice a.ssistant so you can say OK Google hands free it just sits at a Please Wait screen with the google colors circling, my buddy has the Mate2o Pro also with the same issue so i don't know if it's an Android Pie thing or what as i've seen complaints searching google about this. So far the quick search i did has not gave any working solutions.

Anyone have any questions about this phone they want me to try..
I'm thinking of putting Nova Launcher on it like Marqueez did but i don't really know how i'd like the settings to be yet.

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
+90online now  18
Image(s) inside This thot too tough!
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+48online now  10
Image(s) inside Bx detectives need help. Who is she???
37 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+35online now  9
Goat movies that never got sequels, prequels or remakes?
120 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  8
BOX Canelo Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding | Weigh in & Face 2 Face
390 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
+38online now  5
Image(s) inside Just when I thought it was safe to retire from buying Foamposites.......
45 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
online now  4
Article inside Nintendo’s NES Classic and SNES Classic are going out of production
45 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
online now  3
Image(s) inside Dec 14 - EXODUS: 156 Residents Leave Chicago Daily
58 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
+42online now  3
Image(s) inside Top 10 cities with the highest African American percentage