DMC Thinks People Only Like Jay Z Because of Radio Brainwashing

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
46 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
251 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
154 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
125 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '10        #101
trill jackson 737 heat pts737
space
space
$18,811 | Props total: 13075 13075
hey bx i got an idea, if you you don't like hov think he's overrated wack etc etc etc why not hop off his d!ck and stop making 50 threads about him every fu*king day?
 4 years ago '07        #102
True Sinister 116 heat pts116
space
space
$22,057 | Props total: 4673 4673
 trill jackson said:
hey bx i got an idea, if you you don't like hov think he's overrated wack etc etc etc why not hop off his d!ck and stop making 50 threads about him every fu*king day?
So you're saying people shouldn't express criticism of anything ever?
 4 years ago '07        #103
space
space
 Curtisimo said:
That's an excuse homie run DMC jumped on the hottest Rock and roll band in the 80's and got popular off of that

What you mad Jay-Z followed their model with rappers lmfao?
You don't see me complaining he did a song with Coldplay but it's ridiculous when you gotta be on Diamonds, have a single all by himself on Beans and Bleek albums...like who does sh*t like that? I'm not talking about working with Justin Timberlake, I'm talking about him having to jump on records like the Juvenille ha remix. I'm talking about a guy too selfish to put out a rocafella compilation.
 4 years ago '10        #104
space
space
 True Sinister said:
So you're saying people shouldn't express criticism of anything ever?
does it take all these fu*king threads to do it though? how many have been made the last 2 weeks? 300? i got an idea make threads about n*ggas you like and support? ohhhh i'm a fu*kin genius how'd i think of that? i think n*ggas are trolling. deep down they have to be fans to have the dude on their minds this fu*king much. all the guy has to do is take a picture with another rapper and you f*gs will make a thread about it and talk about it all day.........and then say you hate him
 4 years ago '07        #105
space
space
 trill jackson said:
does it take all these fu*king threads to do it though? how many have been made the last 2 weeks? 300? i got an idea make threads about n*ggas you like and support? ohhhh i'm a fu*kin genius how'd i think of that? i think n*ggas are trolling. deep down they have to be fans to have the dude on their minds this fu*king much. all the guy has to do is take a picture with another rapper and you f*gs will make a thread about it and talk about it all day.........and then say you hate him
I like a lot of Jay's music but I don't think he "plays fair". Jay is a very interesting, influential, cool legendary figure but one who does dirty and underhanded things and gets a pass for it by fans willing to argue to the death for him.
 4 years ago '13        #106
PursuitProgress 
space
space
$1,374 | Props total: 121 121
 True Sinister said:
I like a lot of Jay's music but I don't think he "plays fair". Jay is a very interesting, influential, cool legendary figure but one who does dirty and underhanded things and gets a pass for it by fans willing to argue to the death for him.
Steve Jobs is viewed as a "visionary" for being equally ruthless. I'm not saying you're wrong but in the end Jay Z's tactics can be viewed as grimey or aggressive depending on the lens through which they are examined.
 4 years ago '10        #107
Jruk2345 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,207 | Props total: 238 238
 Mvs2527 said:

Why is it up to Jay to Save Hip-hop? After watching this I don't know what more he can do...
this.
 4 years ago '05        #108
ktown187 
space
space
$879 | Props total: 0 0
I understand what he is saying and to a point its true. Hip Hop isnt the same. Its all pop now. Hip hop when i grew up wasnt as popular as it is today. When you get the commercial success the industry is gonna try and make everything sound the same so they can make money. The artist these days are not better or worst then a few years back but they are different. Its more about making money and getting pus*y and less about the message. There are a few rappers out here with a message but the younger generation doesnt care about change. There is so much curruption in the world they beleive that change isnt even achievable. Most kids want that "fu*k it, not giving a fu*k" rap. Lil Wayne, Chief Keef, etc., are more the younger generation style where the older prefer Nas, Pac, and Scarface.
 4 years ago '11        #109
royman04 18 heat pts18
space
space
$12,301 | Props total: 4569 4569
I know one thing if u liked magna carta then u trully are brain washed cause it was pure trash.
Jay sounded outdated and the beats didnt save his weak lyrics
 4 years ago '04        #110
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,661 | Props total: 11305 11305
who listens to the radio.

this dude is out of touch.

4 years ago '04        #111
nwo504 31 heat pts31
space
space
$13,037 | Props total: 6770 6770
i never hear Jay on the radio
 08-05-2013, 05:45 PM         #112
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PursuitProgress said:
No, his point did not go over my head. But it appears my point has gone over yours.

DMC's position is that Jay Z's popularity primarily stems from the strong radio support he gets.

MY position is that DMC's comments are overreaching and hypocritical WHY...

Because Jay Z, Dame Dash & Rocafella walked the trail blazed by Run DMC, Russell Simmons & Def Jam

STEP 1 CREATE an image, preferably one with edge. (DMC used JMJ, JAYZ used JAZO & BIG L)

STEP 2 PROMOTE WEALTH & MATERIALISM Self explanatory

STEP 3 MAKE RADIO FRIENDLY music with catchy hooks & punch lines to make mass consumption fast & effective.

DMC is not entirely wrong. But I can't just stand & applaud his position when it's disingenuous and incomplete. And IMO, those who do are in fact... misguided!
Run DMC dressed like people from the hood. That wasn't their style, it was the way cats were dressing in Queens. They used JMJ for edge? Trust me my G, Run was no choir boy.....Russell was deep into them streets too, who do you think helped fund and promote Def Jam? Cats like Alpo and and Preme were the ones supplying him with artists....Alpo & Rich actually talked Russell into signing LL Cool J. LL talked about it in some interview

You are completely misguided....Run DMC forever changed Hip Hop with their sound and style. They were the trend setters. There was no formula, they were the first doing it like they did....Radio wasn't playing Hip Hop back then. Miss me with all that other stuff

Last edited by dlettern; 08-05-2013 at 05:51 PM..
 4 years ago '06        #113
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,613 | Props total: 2237 2237
Western Black music since the arrival of Africans in the Americas & Caribbean, has been protest music. It's been about the conditions of the people. The joys & triumphs. The struggles & failures. It's sole purpose was for a voiceless people to have a voice. To give the world our perspective through lyrics & melodies. None of that exists in 90% of hip hop today. But in it's inception, it was the only element of hip hop that we cared about. It's no longer Black rebel music. It no longer mirrors the lives of the average Black American. But what's scarier is the audience has lost it's want for that perspective. Especially Black & Latino youths. Who's voice this medium is supposed to represent. It's really sad if you've experienced the diversity of thought of the "Golden Era" of hip hop, then see this monolithic view of the hip hop community being perpetuated. It's a sad reflection on the hip hop community when the perspective of those who have actually experienced life is looked at as "hating". It's the responsibility of the elders to sheppard the youth. It's just discouraging as hell, the older I get, to see so many people who benefited from the sacrifices of the past, then turn & show a lack of appreciation to those same people. You cats wouldn't be able to have this platform if it wasn't for those old heads.
 4 years ago '10        #114
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,815 | Props total: 7011 7011
Aerosmith was way past their prime when they did that record with Run DMC.
It helped Aerosmith's career more than Run DMC's
 4 years ago '10        #115
space
space
he retracted those comments on all hip hop
 4 years ago '09        #116
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,372 | Props total: 17464 17464

[video - click to view]

08-08-2013, 01:19 AM         #117
CurlyD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

love u pac
 4 years ago '06        #118
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,229 | Props total: 319 319
 whouthinkitis said:
DMC is speaking truth but anytime anybody from the old school era from Hip-Hop speaks about another artist with rationale they are label as bitter old rappers. Nah, that ain't the case he tell the truth exactly as it is.

Look at the sales charts in Hip-Hop now and look how pitiful they look when they drop every Tuesday. It sad that only a handful of artists along with Jay-z goes platinum or they play the same 10-12 songs on the radio everyday. I stopped listening to radio on a regular basis back in '99 when Hot Boyz & Roc-A-Fella started that bling-bling era and every other idiot tried to duplicate it.
This! But alot of the record sells fell off do to the internet age. n*ggas are downloading albums rather than buying albums.
 4 years ago '06        #119
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 Bandito said:
Aerosmith was way past their prime when they did that record with Run DMC.
It helped Aerosmith's career more than Run DMC's
THIS!!!!!!! Bamma got it confused!
 4 years ago '06        #120
mafiaboy 1 heat pts
space
space
 dlettern said:
Run DMC dressed like people from the hood. That wasn't their style, it was the way cats were dressing in Queens. They used JMJ for edge? Trust me my G, Run was no choir boy.....Russell was deep into them streets too, who do you think helped fund and promote Def Jam? Cats like Alpo and and Preme were the ones supplying him with artists....Alpo & Rich actually talked Russell into signing LL Cool J. LL talked about it in some interview

You are completely misguided....Run DMC forever changed Hip Hop with their sound and style. They were the trend setters. There was no formula, they were the first doing it like they did....Radio wasn't playing Hip Hop back then. Miss me with all that other stuff
THIS!!!!!!! THE OTHER BAMMA TRIED TO ACT LIKE HE KNEW WHAT HE WAS TALKIN BOUT TOO. SMH AT THE YOUTH!
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
30 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
73 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
19 hours ago