David Stern wants change to age rule

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
160 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
126 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #101
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
For the most part the only players that use college to Polish their game are those who were going to end up staying all four Years anyway. The superstars will be superstars regardless. For example, jimmer freddette and Marshon Brooks. Both of them were noylt studs in high school. They used college to attain a starting position and show what they were made of and led the NCAA in scoring. Those types would end up at college all four years anyways.
 6 years ago '07        #102
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,829 | Props total: 4803 4803
 P. Dedos said:
people go to college get degress and 90% of them will never get a chance to make over a million a year prosper? in college newsflash alot of these schools put their athletes on a pedistal. they dont learn sh*t from college. morris claiborn just scored a 4 on his wonderlic test. THE NBA has a bunch of seminars that players are forced to do about money if they dont learn from that sh*t than they wont learn from anything. @ the notion that college will do better thanks for the laughs

if they dont learn by the seminars about money by the NBA and dont hire the right people manage the money the wont learn anywhere. fu*k outta here. get that contract while you can its not guaranteed period. u want to go to school than no problem pay the 3% of yearly salary to pay for all ur school. tell them to kiss ur a.ss with that free tution bullsh*t. got family to feed not NCAA/school presidents mouths to feed
it seems majority of people who think like u hav neva been to college.its alot more to college than just puttin yourself into position to get a decent job

i speak from tha perspectiv of a college athlete and college coach.u need to be able to do somethin useful besides shoot a basketball.college is 1 of tha main places to learn how to do that

top 3 reason pro's go broke is poor investments.and investin all your time for somethin that can be takin away wit an injury is a poor investment
 6 years ago '08        #103
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
$3,943 | Props total: 0 0
 Nu Tymez said:
This.... I've always wondered why they don't do it this way.. Kids can get drafted straight from HS but they would have to go to the NBDL... If they do well in the D League then they can move up to the NBA.... Otherwise, they can do to college...
or they'll just go abroad and make cake for a year or two these foreign leagues got money & dont give a fu*k bout age
 6 years ago '08        #104
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
it seems majority of people who think like u hav neva been to college.its alot more to college than just puttin yourself into position to get a decent job

i speak from tha perspectiv of a college athlete and college coach.u need to be able to do somethin useful besides shoot a basketball.college is 1 of tha main places to learn how to do that

top 3 reason pro's go broke is poor investments.and investin all your time for somethin that can be takin away wit an injury is a poor investment
that sounds good & all but most these college athletes dont give a fu*k... which is why most still go broke in the pros even with 4 years of college
 6 years ago '07        #105
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 GhostNinja said:
that sounds good & all but most these college athletes dont give a fu*k... which is why most still go broke in the pros even with 4 years of college
name 1 otha than scottie pippen or vin baker
 6 years ago '08        #106
GhostNinja 47 heat pts47
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
name 1 otha than scottie pippen or vin baker
cant think of any nba cats off the top but college still doesnt mean financial literacy/success
 6 years ago '07        #107
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 GhostNinja said:
cant think of any nba cats off the top but college still doesnt mean financial literacy/success
i didnt think u could.im sure their are some but either way college is tha best mid ground between a teen and bein an adult.even if u dont get an education in tha class,u get an education in life

college doesnt = anything other than a learning experience
 6 years ago '07        #108
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Gattsau said:
more than half of nba players go broke after 5 years of retirement. Are you claiming that half the people in the league only had 1 year or less of college?

Have u followed the occupy movement at all? Go ask these people how great college has been for them and their finances. College in noway guarantees you will know how to manage your money. It is asinine to think so. You have no facts to back that up. AI had two years at Gtown, Walker had two years at Kentucky. Yeah those two years really helped them.
im claimin that well over 1/2 tha league is underclassmen

im guessin u havent followed that movement much if your makin that statement.

where did i say college guaranteed anything???

gtown,which is a prestigious university musta helped a.i,as he had tha sense to stash away millions that he cant touch till he hits certain ages
 6 years ago '04        #109
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,945 | Props total: 11688 11688
make it liek baseball
 6 years ago '07        #110
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Gattsau said:
oh so 1 or 2 extra years makes all the difference.

I was done there before it became a national story, and did interviews with countless individuals, im sure I followed it a lot closer than u. One of their main compliments is how bad the college system has become.

well you want it to be required that they goto school so they can "learn to manage their money" which is a complete joke btw. If it doesnt gurantee anything why do you think it should be required?
success favors tha prepared

ive been out there plenty.hav plenty video to prove it.i found it 1 of tha stupidest movements ive eva seen.they didnt hav any specific mantra,and all tha times ive been,ive neva heard anything about college

i didnt say anything about them goin to school just so they can manage money.1 thing it does guarantee is experience and an oppurtunity to pursue an interest otha than bball
 04-04-2012, 10:25 PM         #111
BADmeetsEVIL 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tempus # 1 said:
Let them come straight out of high school but if they go to college they must stay at least 3 years.
This is the most logical choice, so it will never happen.
 6 years ago '05        #112
neworleansavior 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,531 | Props total: 129 129
 Cambury said:
you buggin if you think college makes a difference between good and great...
 6 years ago '09        #113
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
The dumbest sh*t I ever hear when this topic comes up is and always has been the idiot who brings up eighteen year olds and going to war like there is some sort of comparison to make then they they say it with such conviction as if it's a really good point.
 6 years ago '07        #114
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 Gattsau said:
You defintely werent their in the beginning than. Before it became huge and co opted there was a clear message.

when it started it you had dudes like this

not the fools they show on fox news.

Back to the point, college can help some people who need it. Im not saying noone should goto college. However you are here saying everyone should goto college and that it helps everyone, thats bs. College in noway wouldve helped bron and others. College does not mean people will not go broke. You're reasoning is pretty terrible. noone should be forced to goto college, its a choice.
and what perspective are u speakin from when u say this?i hav at least 10 kids playin major college bball,and i can tell u 1st hand how much betta they hav got since college.college can help people in plenty ways,and is not just about bball.

where did i say college means u wont go broke?

had lebron went to college,maybe he doesnt do somethin so utterly retarded like "tha decision",or talk about himself in 3rd person

nobody is forcin anybody to do anything.tha nba is a private corporation and they can set whateva rules they want.kids dont like it,then they hav rights to play elsewhere
 6 years ago '11        #115
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,518 | Props total: 38 38
 skillahmang said:
your missin the point, college is not just a tool to further your knowledge in the sport by good coaching and better competition. Maybe these kids could actually get a degree or something. You know how many NBA players don't end up having great careers and get washed away. We have 64 players being drafted every year. About 2 make a difference immediately and about 10 ever become relevant in the NBA. These kids needs to get a god damn degree, this will help them in the long run. Its sad that in the sports community your taught to just get the money and run. Then they do just that, and run around spending money and end up broke in the next 5-10 years. This is a bigger issue then just sports, these kids need a damn education and at the same time your getting it for free. You have people racking thousands of dollars in debt to have those opportunities and not only that, you have a chance to be coached by calipari or coach K or roy williams. Some of the greatest coaches to do it. Look at how ignorant all of the high school players are. KG thinks hes hard because hes been rich since he was 17 bangin his chest like hes a soldier, Lebron thinks hes the king(and im a fan), Kobe never respected anybody and Dwight thinks hes superman but talks like a child. The world is much bigger then getting what you want. Too bad these players have to deal with the consequences, not you.
You named 2 sure fire HOFers and 2 more players that will most likely be HOFers when its all said & done. What you said about Kobe & KG is what makes them who they are. Who wants a league full of emotionless drones with no edge to them? If they dont want a degree them let them be instead of trying to force your values on them. People say these athletes end up broke but their broke is different than a normal person being broke. They'll be "broke" and still have more money than all of us.
 6 years ago '04        #116
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,945 | Props total: 11688 11688
and they're so convinced that it has any sort of correlation to the topic, that's the best part
 Fly 2ndComing said:
The dumbest sh*t I ever hear when this topic comes up is and always has been the idiot who brings up eighteen year olds and going to war like there is some sort of comparison to make then they they say it with such conviction as if it's a really good point.
 6 years ago '07        #117
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 HipHop Since 93 said:
You named 2 sure fire HOFers and 2 more players that will most likely be HOFers when its all said & done. What you said about Kobe & KG is what makes them who they are. Who wants a league full of emotionless drones with no edge to htem? If they dont want a degree them let them be instead of trying to force your values on them. People say these athletes end up broke but their broke is different than a normal person being broke. They'll be "broke" and still have more money than all of us.
david stern

this is tha argument of somebody who has nothin vested in these kids futures.u dont care about what happens to them,all u want is to be entertained.people in here actin like education is a bad thing

dude,majority of tha time,broke is just broke.many former nba guys and millionaires livin in shelters
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
252 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
32 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
74 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
26 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
235 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
109 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden member addressing PORC & trolling accusations
43 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside My Local Newscaster Has The Biggest Damn Head That I've Ever Seen *Pause
92 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy