Are The 2001 Miami Hurricanes The Best Team...EVER?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
69 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ralo (Fam Goon) Posting Throwback MoneyBaggYo Ether
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 8 years ago '04        #81
Kaliz ChamP 4 heat pts
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 530 530
When you say talent.. Are you talking about the most first round draft picks in a single class are over a 3-4 year period? As I said before, that 01 and 02 class was stacked.. But I thought it was the 03 class that had the most first round picks? But I dont recall them even making it to the title game that year.. Could be mistaken though

Just cause your first round talent don't mean your put the best football team on the field
 8 years ago '04        #82
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 CadillacVyse said:
Wait wait waitttttt

First off we are talking about college. Not pros.
Ask anyone not from Dade county which was the better backfield. You are straight tripping with yourself if you didnt think Bush and White were the best backfield since the pony express or sanders and thurman thomas. No one will but the U fans would rank any of the U's rbs as better than Reggie Bush.

And you cant be serious trying to put Dorsey in teh same category as Leinhart. C'mon son. Dorsey was good but Leinhart directed one of the prolific offenses in college football. No matter what you think Dorsey is an afterthought in the college football world while Leinhart has the accolades. See Dorsey in that 02 championship game.

Saying that Miami would blow them out 3 tdsDo you even believe that?

And yeah the 2000 team was good as the 2001 but so was the 2002 team and we know what happened to them right...*krenzel*...You Miami fans are delusional to the point of obscenity. The team was greatness. But in my opinion its 95 braska and then 01miami 04usc 05texas can be placed in any order because of the tremendous talent of all the squads.

@ u putting Dorsey in the same category as Leinhart.
Time to address this dude right here:

1) n*gga first of all, you get a big a.ss fail with this
You are straight tripping with yourself if you didnt think Bush and White were the best backfield since the pony express or sanders and thurman thomas
Honestly? I'll give you Reggie Bush was a monster at USC, one of the top 10 running backs to play in college football but putting him and Lendale White, a pretty good RB in the same sentence with the Pony express is straight stupid.

Top to bottom, the 2001 Miami team had a better complete backfield than 2004 USC with Clinton Portis as the starter who ran for 1333 yds and ended the season with 1455 total yds. Willis McGahee ran for 300 yds as a frosh and Frank Gore went for 500+ as a true freshman. And tack on Najeh Davenport to the mix. for In 2004, Reggie Bush only ran for 900 yds even though he did catch 500 yds. Lendale does run for 1000 yds if i remember well. Yeah I have to put NFL success because it translates to that. Our guys have gone on to become perennial pro-bowlers while Reggie Bush struggles to run for over 500 yds in 4 season and LenDale is an overweight afterthought in Tennessee.

2)
And you cant be serious trying to put Dorsey in teh same category as Leinhart. C'mon son. Dorsey was good but Leinhart directed one of the prolific offenses in college football. No matter what you think Dorsey is an afterthought in the college football world while Leinhart has the accolades. See Dorsey in that 02 championship game.
First off, at least have the decency to pronounce the name of the player you're trying to defend. It's Leinart, not Leinhart. Anyways, I may have gone overboard by saying that Ken Dorsey was much much better than Leinart but that doesn't mean my opinion has changed.

Accept it or not, both quarterbacks are product of a great system and players around them. Leinart didn't have a great WR corp but Steve Smith was good and Dwayne Jarrett though a freshman, was a nice player. Dominique Byrd was one of the best TEs in college football in the last decade or so. Reggie Bush was the best receiver in that team though. Also, when you can hand it off to Reggie and he goes for stupid gains and to a 1000 yd rusher in LenDale, then your job is fairly easier.

In the same way, Dorsey had a roster of future NFL pro-bowlers. Andre Johnson, Kevin Beard on the outside with Jeremy Shockey at TE, Clinton Portis and our stable of RBs. Rob Chudzinski was our OC and he was a very damn good one. However Dorsey didn't have the body that Leinart had, I think the most KD ever weighted was 190 or so; not a strong arm either but he was Einstein on the football field, a reason why he was able to stay in the league for so long but that's another conversation.

So both had similar records, Leinart went 36-2 while Ken Dorsey went 38-2. Yeah, Leinart has the hardware (Even though everyone knows that ADRIAN PETERSON got robbed of the Heisman that year) that Ken was denied for because of the talent around him but he was a Heisman finalist two years in a row. Stats are slightly similar, Leinart had 10,000 passing yds and 99 TDs while KD had 9800 yds and 86 TDs.

3)
See Dorsey in that 02 championship game.
See that's funny how you mention Dorsey in the 02 championship game without knowing your facts right. Ohio State had one of the best defenses in college football in the past decade or so and yeah he did struggle especially in the first half but still ended up with almost 300 yds and 2 tds, so it ain't like he choked. Same with Leinart who had a very good game against Texas but just wasn't enough.

I won't go into the other positions but i'll point them out:

WR = Miami (Andre Johnson, Kevin Beard, Jason Gaethers, Roscoe Parrish)
TE = Miami (Jeremy Shockey, Kevin Everett)
OL = Miami (Mt. McKinnie, Sherko, Rhomberg)
RB = Miami (Clinton, McGahee, Gore, Jarett Payton, Najeh Davenport)
QB = Tie
DL = USC even though Wilfork was a young beast.
LB = Miami (Vilma, Roger McIntosh, DJ Williams)
CB = Miami (Mike Rumph, Phillip Buchannon)
Safeties = Miami (Ed Reed, James Lewis, Sean Taylor)
Special Teams = USC
Coaching = USC

And yeah, Miami would win by 3 TDs.

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 03-05-2010 at 12:40 AM..
 8 years ago '07        #83
jordanfreak7 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,654 | Props total: 40 40
Canes Fan here... best team: NFL talent wise YES, best team ever : debatable
 8 years ago '04        #84
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 Kaliz ChamP said:
if you didnt watch college football in the 90's please don't speak ill on the 95 Cornhuskers.. it makes you look very ignorant...

First and foremost, Canes from the 00-03 circa had a lot of NFL talent... Can't take that away from them... Yes, they dominated the Huskers in the title game. With that being said, can anyone name who was in the backfield with Eric Crouch(spelling)?

I didnt think so.

hahahaha man, that 95 Husker team had two smash mouth running backs in Laurence Philips and Ahmed Greene. Add Tommy Frazier and that O-Line.. Miami would not stop that...

And the Black Shirt defense would have knocked Dorsey out the game.. Just calling it right now. You seen that Florida team(which was stacked on O and D) get smashed as well as all the other teams that played against them..

Miami beat big east opponents.. haahah Who was in the big east wrecking shop then?
I'm 21 right now and i grew up watching football 24/7 but still, the mid 90s was a long time ago and i can remember so much. However, I have watched every game from start to finish of the 95 Huskers and yeah, they were filthy. That's the only team I would believe that would be able to beat the Hurricanes but it would be a close battle. Miami k!lled that offense twice in the 80s even pitching a shut out on a husker team that was supposed to be the best of all time. And the '86 Husker team wasn't no slouch either with Turner Gill as the QB.

The thing about the 95 husker team is the fact that they ran the ball on EVERY down and they were great at it. When they threw, it was just bombs that went for 50-60 yd TDs, completely ridiculous. But in the same way 2001 Miami never faced such team as that '95 Nebraska, the Huskers never faced a team that had the slightest similarity in speed and talent that the 2001 Miami Hurricanes team had. I'm confident '01 Miami would've blown that Florida team by at least 40 points as well.

It's par to par, '95 Huskers were just filthy. I respect that team way more than the junk they spitting out there with 2004 USC or 2005 Texas. I feel like during the Miami-Nebraska battles of the '80s, Nebraska struggled with Miami because of their speed, pure football talent and intimidation. Miami was always the smaller team in those games especially in '86 when the Husker OL weighted 20-30 lbs more than the Miami D-Line.

With that said, I can't wait til 2012 when the U goes to Lincoln best believe im going to be there
 8 years ago '04        #85
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
Miami beat big east opponents.. haahah Who was in the big east wrecking shop then?
Pitt

But Miami made it up by playing any top 25 ranked team anytime and anywhere. The 2001 Miami team beat Penn State at Beaver Stadium 33-7, #14 Florida State snapping the nolies 54 straight wins at Doak Campbell, then they proceeded to exterminate #14 Syracuse (59-0) and #12 Washington (65-7) in consecutive weeks, following with a win in Blacksburg against #14 Virginia Tech (26-24) and that game was never close. So really you can't use the big east in Miami's schedule. If we went that way, then I could say this about the 1995 Huskers:

Nebraska played 5 straight home games, something completely unheard of, against powerhouses such as Arizona State, Pacific (wtf?), Washington State (kinda decent), Missouri. 2 weeks after they got Iowa State at home (again), and 2 weeks after they have one of Oklahoma's worst teams ever at home (again). Up until the national championship, the huskers only played 3 ranked teams, KSU (home) #7, Colorado (away) and #10 Kansas (away).
 8 years ago '04        #86
madness 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$13,022 | Props total: 2933 2933
the homie cap shut this thread down:applause:
 8 years ago '07        #87
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,668 | Props total: 16924 16924
 Cap Peeler said:
Yeah I have to put NFL success because it translates to that.

Matt Cassel was on that USC team. Can you tell me his record as a starter compared vs Matt Leinhart or Ken Dorsey?

Now can you tell me Cassels record in the pros as a starter compared to Dorsey or Leinhart?
College success translates well to the pros huh

If i wasnt about to get ready for work i'd refute ur statement about leinhart and dorsey being a tie and the canes backfield better than white and bush but imma come back for that!
 8 years ago '07        #88
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,779 | Props total: 14589 14589
 Cap Peeler said:
in Blacksburg against #14 Virginia Tech (26-24) and that game was never close.
Wasn't ever close? n*gga VT lost off a 2 point conversion dropped by a receiver, they even got the ball back and what sealed it was an interception by Ed Reed. Same thing against Boston College, pick by Ed Reed(which he ran back for a TD) to seal the game. That Penn State win looked real good when they ended up being 5-6 that year. Its like some U fans are blinded by bulls**t. If you're a straight up college football fan its 95 Nebraska they were the most DOMINANT team in CFB. If you're a U fan its obviously going to be 01 Miami, which wasn't even Miami's best team. They had the most talent I'll agree but they weren't the most dominant. Also, 5 straight home games isn't unheard of when there wasn't a BCS system and they only played 1 more home game than you .
 8 years ago '07        #89
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 P. Dedos said:
they werent the most dominated

we lost two games in 3 years?

if we got into that BCS game we would of slapped your beloved sooners around and if there wasnt a 5 second delay on penalty flag being thrown while the fireworks going off we would of won 3 in a row

we slapped you around back in the 80's too so your right maybe they are the best teams overall followed by 01
Well I don't give a s**t this aint about OU. Yall weren't the most dominant. I mean if you want to say over a span maybe. You can think you were the best team though, I don't have a problem w/ it. I'm just saying real CFB fans know whats up. Of course you would take Miami players over any other players . I'm done. Well, I have to say I know this will get bumped 100 times again so post 98 is true facts. Now, im done for real.

Last edited by TH35; 03-05-2010 at 07:45 AM..
 8 years ago '04        #90
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 thehogue... said:
Wasn't ever close? n*gga VT lost off a 2 point conversion dropped by a receiver, they even got the ball back and what sealed it was an interception by Ed Reed. Same thing against Boston College, pick by Ed Reed(which he ran back for a TD) to seal the game. That Penn State win looked real good when they ended up being 5-6 that year. Its like some U fans are blinded by bulls**t. If you're a straight up college football fan its 95 Nebraska they were the most DOMINANT team in CFB. If you're a U fan its obviously going to be 01 Miami, which wasn't even Miami's best team. They had the most talent I'll agree but they weren't the most dominant. Also, 5 straight home games isn't unheard of when there wasn't a BCS system and they only played 1 more home game than you .
You obviously didn't read my post when i was praising the 1995 Nebraska team.

And yeah, I said the VT game wasn't close because we were up by 20 coming in the half. We went to sleep and VT refused to went down easily. Besides, Blacksburg is one of the hardest places to play at.

You keep saying that the 2001 Miami team wasn't even the best Miami team... n*gga quit being hilarious. You're comparing different decades with different playing styles and s**t. That's like saying the four horseman backfield of 1920 Notre Dame was better than the pony express. The 1989 team was probably our best team of the '80s but physically and skillwise, those players were inferior to those of 2001, dude, our average OL weight was probably 275lbs at most. Jerome Brown played at 270 or so. You just can't compare teams like that.

Keep saying that Nebraska was so dominant... yeah they were but they also had their games when they didn't bring their A game. Washington State led them at some point so what's your point? Let me bring stats to show u how equally both teams dominated:

Nebraska averaged somwhere around 50 points/game.. they was k!lling teams by halftime. while Miami averaged 42/game. Miami played a way tougher schedule than Nebraska and I dare anyone to argue against that Miami set a record for beating consecutive top ranked teams (124-7). Nebraska's defense was great they allowed 14.5 points/game but Miami only allowed 9.7 points/game against better competition. We also pitched 3 shutouts, one against #14 rank syracuse to Nebraska's 2 shutouts against Non-top 25 teams ( if that means anything but just wanted to throw it out).

I'ma say it again, 1995 Nebraska was stout. I couldn't tell you if they could beat Miami or not. It was definitely a great team and if they went into a head to head with 01 Miami they could beat them or not, its hard to tell. I'm a Miami fan but I'm not bias, I recognize real and give props to those that deserve them.
 8 years ago '04        #91
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
 CadillacVyse said:

Matt Cassel was on that USC team. Can you tell me his record as a starter compared vs Matt Leinhart or Ken Dorsey?

Now can you tell me Cassels record in the pros as a starter compared to Dorsey or Leinhart?
College success translates well to the pros huh

If i wasnt about to get ready for work i'd refute ur statement about leinhart and dorsey being a tie and the canes backfield better than white and bush but imma come back for that!
uh... what has Matt Cassel really done in the NFL besides having a good year as a starter for the patriots a couple of seasons ago, why are you trying to even put this n*gga in the conversation

And no college success doesn't always translate to the pros, duh, we've seen that time and time again, Ken Dorsey went 38-2 at Miami and now he's a free agent but everyone knew that he wasn't going to do much in the league with his limited skillset, Matt Leinart on the other hand was a first round pick who hasn't done squat except get into bathtubs with high school girls point is, 2001 Miami had 16 first rounders in one season, and the majority of them became AllPro caliber players. I would like to know how many 1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers were drafted in the first round or did something meaningful in the league

by the way, it's Leinart not Leinhart

Last edited by Cap Peeler; 03-05-2010 at 10:18 AM..
 8 years ago '05        #92
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,122 | Props total: 343 343
I still say it's Nebraska 95 I've never seen a team good enough to sit down a starting qb three times in the first half of the same season and he still wins the heisman. or play the third string qb in 4 games and no injury preceding it. I like how people try to use Nebraska UM from 01 as evidence that 01 is better uhh no (but forget how a banged up tommie frazier and a d missing their best player beat Miami in the Orange Bowl in 94 but that's irrelevant). Crouch was equal to Frazier but minus maybe 3 starters on the defense the 95 team was leaps and bounds better. Now I will give Miami the talent win but the Huskers never did it with talent as much as scheme most of their players were walk-ons and from Nebraska and we know how great the talent is in that state. When have u ever heard of a fullback avg. 6 yds a carry. I would take Nebraska's rbs in that scheme were ridiculous Greenand Phillips were equally good and there wasn't much drop off to third and fourth string. Scored 60+ points 4 times, 38 pt win margin and the only back to back consensus Natl champs in relevant cfb history(College football before 1980 wasn't really even a competition before 1980 so I don't respect anything that happened before then)! With all that said though I'd be stupid to say Tommie Frazier's team would dominate that Miami team or vice versa I think it's obv that these are at the top of the mountain and the rest is just your opinion. I tend to give Nebraska the edge bcuz of TO and Charlie Mac. I always thought Coker was overrated as a head coach. That d just had everyboody scared that year.
 8 years ago '04        #93
dre03 
space
space
$10,168 | Props total: 2448 2448
 CadillacVyse said:
95 Nebraska >>>

Other teams i think would be a toss up though with the 01 miami team..

04 USC
05 Texas

Please dont act like both of those two teams were stacked. The media even voted the 04 USC team, team of the decade.
How good are those players in the NFL for both of those teams you just named??? Exactly... that 2001 Miami team has the most successful NFL players...
 8 years ago '07        #94
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:

And yeah, I said the VT game wasn't close because we were up by 20 coming in the half. We went to sleep and VT refused to went down easily. Besides, Blacksburg is one of the hardest places to play at.

You keep saying that the 2001 Miami team wasn't even the best Miami team... n*gga quit being hilarious. You're comparing different decades with different playing styles and s**t. That's like saying the four horseman backfield of 1920 Notre Dame was better than the pony express. The 1989 team was probably our best team of the '80s but physically and skillwise, those players were inferior to those of 2001, dude, our average OL weight was probably 275lbs at most. Jerome Brown played at 270 or so. You just can't compare teams like that.

Keep saying that Nebraska was so dominant... yeah they were but they also had their games when they didn't bring their A game. Washington State led them at some point so what's your point? Let me bring stats to show u how equally both teams dominated:

Nebraska averaged somwhere around 50 points/game.. they was k!lling teams by halftime. while Miami averaged 42/game. Miami played a way tougher schedule than Nebraska and I dare anyone to argue against that Miami set a record for beating consecutive top ranked teams (124-7). Nebraska's defense was great they allowed 14.5 points/game but Miami only allowed 9.7 points/game against better competition. We also pitched 3 shutouts, one against #14 rank syracuse to Nebraska's 2 shutouts against Non-top 25 teams ( if that means anything but just wanted to throw it out).

I'ma say it again, 1995 Nebraska was stout. I couldn't tell you if they could beat Miami or not. It was definitely a great team and if they went into a head to head with 01 Miami they could beat them or not, its hard to tell. I'm a Miami fan but I'm not bias, I recognize real and give props to those that deserve them.
Yea I might be funny but going back to the 1920s when I'm comparing a team only 6 years apart from each other is even funnier (or the 80s U teams which isn't that far apart either compared to the 20s). You also can't say you played better competition. I just stuck w/ actual facts. Football isn't played on the stat sheets. The VT and BC games were close. Yea going in the 4th they still only held you to field goals which allowed them to come back into the game. After the first TD, you woke up. Then they still ended up scoring again. Ed Reed who is my fav. safety bailed you out of two games. You're right about who would beat who, nobody knows, but as far as dominance goes 95 Nebraska was the most dominating team. 01 Miami could've had a better defense although barely beating a 7-4 BC team isn't a good look. Also, Syracuse got k!lled by Tennessee that year too. It's ok though 01 Miami had one of the best rosters ever.

dre03 said:
How good are those players in the NFL for both of those teams you just named??? Exactly... that 2001 Miami team has the most successful NFL players...
Which is why I stated they had the best roster.

Last edited by TH35; 03-05-2010 at 02:23 PM..
 8 years ago '05        #95
Deeangoe 2 heat pts
space
space
$13,052 | Props total: 646 646
 thehogue... said:
The VT and BC games were close. Yea going in the 4th they still only held you to field goals which allowed them to come back into the game. After the first TD, you woke up. Then they still ended up scoring again. Ed Reed who is my fav. safety bailed you out of two games.
i forgot the halftime score for the vt game...but miami was winning 20-3 or 23-3....the reason the game was close becuz cokers f**got a.ss didnt wanna run up the score and started playing conservative as f**k ...same thing happend against penn state, nebraska, cept the defense didnt fall asleep in the second half like against vt...

not making excuses for bc...but the winds in that game were pretty strong reason dorsey had 4 ints and no passing tds (only game in his career)...so basically miami had to go to a more conservative run orientated offense....and its pretty easy to play for the run (BC) when your expecting it. and no ed reed didnt save our a.ss...it was actually mike rumph who deflected the ball of his pads to matt walters...and then ed reed took the ball and ran it back...matt walters could fell right there and we still woulda had won. all we had to do was eat the clock...but yea ed reed made the score a lil better at 18-7 instead of 12-7

Last edited by Deeangoe; 03-05-2010 at 04:33 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #96
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:
And no college success doesn't always translate to the pros, duh, we've seen that time and time again,
Well why the hell do you keep bringing up the the players in teh pros then?

Top 3 COLLEGE qb of the decade: Tebow, Young, Leinhart in any order you choose.

It doesnt go: Tebow, Young, Leinhart, Dorsey!

I can throw out 5 qbs off the top of my head that were not only great college qbs but also impact qbs that were better than Dorsey.

Leinhart >>>>> Dorsey

But then again you did say...

Cap Peeler said:
Oh stop right there. Ken Dorsey is probably one of the smartest football players you will ever see...but Ken Dorsey was on a Payton Manning level when it came to reading defenses, knowing his offense, calling the right plays, etc.
dont know which one i am doing more or

Last edited by CadillacVyse; 03-05-2010 at 06:23 PM..
 8 years ago '07        #97
space
space
 Cap Peeler said:

I appreciate a post like this. Dude is being real about it. He feels that his team is better and not being outrageous saying shyt like the U would destroy teams that were equally talented and dominating.
 05-18-2010, 08:52 AM         #98
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 malikmoore9 said:
Isnt this the same team that Maurice Clarett thrashed in his freshman year to take the national championship just a guess.....
first of all, that's a year later...and thrashed?..he had under 50 yards that game, g.

Last edited by YoungGQ; 05-18-2010 at 08:57 AM..
 8 years ago '06        #99
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,617 | Props total: 2249 2249
If you didn't see them play, you can't understand how good the '95 Huskers were. Frazier & Phillips were on XBOX mode every week. Them nigg@s couldn't be stopped. Miami's teams had more future NFL players, but strictly based upon on field performance, nobody is fukkin with the '95 Huskers.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
75 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
42 comments
24 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
250 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
155 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
111 comments
19 hours ago