How to invest in US Real estate??

section   (0 bx goons and 8 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

1 month ago '18        #1
8246 page views
11 comments

Armstrong 102 
space
space
space
$825 | Props total: 1527 1527
How to invest in US Real estate??

Hi Iím a realtor in Toronto Ontario Canada. I have about 80Gs sitting in an account doing nothing and property prices are over inflated here, so Iím asking what are some good US markets to get into where renting out a house will be profitable. I see houses in upstate NY like buffalo or Albany and such for like real cheap or some cheap land for like $1000 for a lot thatís 50x100 how how is it to build price per square in the US. Anyone know about this trailer park lands too? Iím willing to partner up with serious people

11 comments for "How to invest in US Real estate??"

1 month ago '10        #2
eightytyson06 39 heat pts39
space
space
$18,082 | Props total: 13383 13383
Following

1 month ago '04        #3
term0il 
space
space
space
$369 | Props total: 78 78
Just some general questions I would think about if I were in your shoes. While you research markets.

What are your goals? Quick flip(str/airbnb) or long term? Geared more towards cash flow or appreciation?

There maybe reits you could look at or the crowdsourcing platforms like fundrise.

Do you understand how to calculate cashflow?

Do you want a more stable market with average appreciation less cash flow semi-passive management? Or more of the less stable high cash flow markets with less expensive property possibly more hands on mgmt.

Since you're in Canada who would you depend on to manage your properties?

If you know most of this you could likely narrow down some markets using zillow or etc. Then touching base with a investment group or investor/realtor in the areas for better insight.

1 month ago '16        #4
The Truth 
space
space
space
$464 | Props total: 1502 1502
Yes this is what I know , looking to invest in real estate myself

1 month ago '16        #5
The Truth 
space
space
space
$464 | Props total: 1502 1502
 Armstrong 102 said
Hi Iím a realtor in Toronto Ontario Canada. I have about 80Gs sitting in an account doing nothing and property prices are over inflated here, so Iím asking what are some good US markets to get into where renting out a house will be profitable. I see houses in upstate NY like buffalo or Albany and such for like real cheap or some cheap land for like $1000 for a lot thatís 50x100 how how is it to build price per square in the US. Anyone know about this trailer park lands too? Iím willing to partner up with serious people
Do you have any prior experience in real estate? You should come down south , lotta cheap deals down here
+1   

1 month ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,869 | Props total: 693 693
The problem is getting financed for a property isn’t what it used to be. You don’t buy a crib for $50,000 and get a loan for $150,000 and use that to fix it up and sell it. Now the bank finances for what the property is. Or you buy a house for $30,000 cash and you have to get an investment loan for the remodel.
+2   

4 weeks ago '18        #7
Armstrong 102  OP
space
space
space
$825 | Props total: 1527 1527
I’m looking for something cash flow positive with appreciation down the line. A multi family house is ideal. Would hope the ROI is about 7-10%. Anyone here a realtor in the states ?? Again I’m from Toronto
+1   

3 weeks ago '06        #8
Sammyboi22 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,869 | Props total: 693 693
 Armstrong 102 said
Iím looking for something cash flow positive with appreciation down the line. A multi family house is ideal. Would hope the ROI is about 7-10%. Anyone here a realtor in the states ?? Again Iím from Toronto
7-10% over what period?

3 weeks ago '07        #9
etherem 
space
space
$441 | Props total: 129 129
Become a transaction funding lender.

2 weeks ago '08        #10
ShakeyDog 
space
space
space
$612 | Props total: 429 429
 Sammyboi22 said
The problem is getting financed for a property isnít what it used to be. You donít buy a crib for $50,000 and get a loan for $150,000 and use that to fix it up and sell it. Now the bank finances for what the property is. Or you buy a house for $30,000 cash and you have to get an investment loan for the remodel.

Hard money lender... repair house flip or refi after and pull more money out for the next flip

2 weeks ago '08        #11
ShakeyDog 
space
space
space
$612 | Props total: 429 429
 Armstrong 102 said

Atlanta.... Jacksonville Florida, Savannah ga (as close to scad as you can afford), Memphis (sit and hold) Baltimore (sit and hold) Detroit (sit and hold) the list is endless bro... I'm actually looking into properties in Santo domingo for business reasons but all the real estate agents there are from your city (Toronto)... but the return on air bnb makes it double interesting...

1 week ago '04        #12
ATLDOPEBOI30 78 heat pts78
space
space
$35,216 | Props total: 10393 10393
Anybody flipping houses? Gonna get into that next year with my wife just doing whatever needs to be done ourselves and selling asap. Seems lile that's a good way to make money and learn at the same time.

Home      

most viewed right now
online now  66
Image(s) inside HOLY sh-t: NIPSEY MOM Is EXPOSING LAPD & MEDIA At BET AWARD DURING SPE..
239 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+115online now  52
2019 Best Natural Booty Award Winner
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+19online now  35
Video inside Any of u familiar with the Brian Wells story(Pizza delivery guy who rob..
74 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  8
Article inside Diddy Gets Engaged To Lori Harvey The Ex Girlfriend Of His Son Justin..
352 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy