Diddy Tell's J.D. That "You Ain't Got Enough Hits I’ll Smash You With Just Biggie 'N Mary"

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
-29  59
31 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

1 month ago '05        #201
That Dude 
Props total: 6170 6 K  Slaps total: 547 547
This will be closer than a lot of people think. JD can just press play on Usher's confessions and Mariah Carey. Puff got hits but JD for real on them boards making beats. Plus JD got hits in the 2000's Puff got I need a girl... 90's puff maybe but JD got this... NY n*ggas always think they're better than they actually are musically. The south been running the game for at least 23 years

Last edited by That Dude; 09-15-2021 at 11:04 AM..
+4   

1 month ago '16        #202
KindaBlue 
Props total: 16247 16 K  Slaps total: 566 566
 kross krush said
wtf ? why i aint never heard this. what was this realeased on?
It was on the B-Side of the Big Poppa single Record.
+1   

1 month ago '16        #203
KindaBlue 
Props total: 16247 16 K  Slaps total: 566 566
 King856 said
Plays a remix. Cool. You weirdos is goofy. Bet your stupid a*s think jump by kriss kross would beat Mary
I just said he could play it but ok

1 month ago '18        #204
Sick Flair 
Props total: 18407 18 K  Slaps total: 1340 1 K
 Kyu said
Cmon man, you know what context were are speaking of when we say the word “producer”. We are speaking about actually making the beat, no just someone delegating and directing things, we are speaking about making the beat from top to bottom, not just telling an actual guy who makes beats what to put in a beat for them.

If I tell you Timbaland or The Neptune’s, Babyface or Quincy Jones produced a beat you don’t have to jump through all those hoops like you just did with Puffy. You know exactly what I’m talking about if I said one of those guys “produced” is the beat.
I know what you are saying, bro. I'm just pointing out that the term does not go to only dudes that tap on machines or move a mouse. The biggest problem with music today is the lack of a real producer of all these n*ggas glorified beatmakers.

n*ggas fly a beat over the net and say I produced that but they usually have sh*t to do with the actual song. If you say I need a hit record Puff can got into the studio and get you one it'll probably be bigger than a lot of these cats we hold higher because they can tap out a pattern or play keys.

Take, for instance, Scott Storch. He's one of the most talented dudes to touch a keyboard but how many #1 songs does he have? Hit-Boy has never had a US #1 what's the sense of knowing how to flip a beat if you can't make a hit? That's why you have to place Puff and Dre with the greats, them n*gga's know how to make hits hate them or love them.

1 month ago '14        #205
Kyu  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 207856 207 K  Slaps total: 25224 25 K
 Sick Flair said
My man unless you were there, you really can't speak on it. The Hit-Men have spoken on his contributions over the years. His name isn't on a record just to be there. Most producers in other genres of music never touch an instrument they guide the sound and hip-hop is the only one where that's taken as somethings wrong.

Quincy Jones did the same thing as Puff. He wasn't playing the instruments on Off the wall and Thriller he was gathering the musicians and making sure the songs were hot. No one is screaming Rod Temperton is the real Q.

Puff changed the sound of hip-hop from dusty-ass street corner to smoothed-out gangster sh*t. Y'all gotta learn to understand music and not just a*sume things.
Don’t ever compare puffy to Quincy Jones they aren’t even on the same level musically

I get what you are saying as well
+2   

1 month ago '18        #206
Sick Flair 
 ProfessionalDon said
I can speak on it because you can actually read the making of some of these albums

Dre is a producer in every sense of the word and the Quincy Jones of hip hop. 9 times out of 10 when you see Dre, he is in the studio

He talks about mics, vsti's, mixing, plays the piano, drums, his recording process, how he made such and such beat, the sessions. The guy is a producer

Diddy is a talent scout, showman, party promoter, never a producer, if he is a producer then so is Suge Knight.
If you've only seen Dre, you've ignored Puff. That n*gga was always in the studio notoriously working 20 hours days. Dre his damn self will tell you there are not too many n*ggas that he'd trust to bring him a final mix outside of Puff. Check the history fam this is common knowledge. Puff wanted to flip Juicy, he found the sample to the Benjamins... What's the point of the discredit?

Suge is an Executive producer yes. His name has never been on a producer credit. He is funding the entire sh*t that's what the EP does.

Do your googles but let me start you off my brother.

1 month ago '20        #207
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 27191 27 K  Slaps total: 4759 4 K
 Sick Flair said
If you've only seen Dre, you've ignored Puff. That n*gga was always in the studio notoriously working 20 hours days. Dre his damn self will tell you there are not too many n*ggas that he'd trust to bring him a final mix outside of Puff. Check the history fam this is common knowledge. Puff wanted to flip Juicy, he found the sample to the Benjamins... What's the point of the discredit?

Suge is an Executive producer yes. His name has never been on a producer credit. He is funding the entire sh*t that's what the EP does.

Do your googles but let me start you off my brother.

There is no production going on there

You are jumping through all kinds of hoops to try and justify and compare Puff to a REAL producer like Dr Dre

Just give it up

1 month ago '18        #208
Sick Flair 
 Kyu said
Don’t ever compare puffy to Quincy Jones they aren’t even on the same level musically

I get what you are saying as well
Puff is undoubtedly the hip-hop equivalent to Q. You know Q wasn't in that bi*ch playing instruments right? He was guiding the sound. His mind is more valuable than his physical abilities.

Once you understand that then you'll see why them dudes were winning and why these cats now will never come close.

+1   

1 month ago '18        #209
MayneThaTruth2  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 16470 16 K  Slaps total: 12829 12 K
 King856 said
My bad read it wrong. You really said xscape whole catalog. Like 112 wouldn’t sh*t on them
112 is only one group. JD got Janet, TLC, I forgot he got waaaaaay more than Puff.

Puff only got Big and Mary. The other artist were flops, or artist who came and went.

Like Faith Evans.
+1   

1 month ago '19        #210
Souloh  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 15828 15 K  Slaps total: 2949 2 K
 King856 said
My bad read it wrong. You really said xscape whole catalog. Like 112 wouldn’t sh*t on them
Diddy didn’t produce all of their hits so he would only be able to use Only You (Remix) and Peaches and Cream compared to JD who can use Just Kickin It, Who Can I Run To, My Little Secret and a few more of their songs.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #211
hbk83 
Props total: 20158 20 K  Slaps total: 4389 4 K
I like how everyone thinks Jermaine dupri made all his songs himself.
Seal productions , manual seal was behind a lot of the music on so so def. from Mariah Carey. Da brat, to tlc etc.. no person is in the studio night and day alone producing hit after hit by themselves. Everyone has a team or other producers Helping them with albums. JD always has worked with other producers on his label.

1 month ago '07        #212
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 63770 63 K  Slaps total: 6881 6 K
 Marrero said
If they just doing songs they own instead of songs that they produced, he would.
if if if foh

if i woulda fu*ked ya mom in the a*s u wouldn't be here

1 month ago '21        #213
Marrero 
Props total: 2694 2 K  Slaps total: 1219 1 K
 Sincere730 said
if if if foh

if i woulda fu*ked ya mom in the a*s u wouldn't be here
07 troll account

1 month ago '07        #214
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 63770 63 K  Slaps total: 6881 6 K
 Marrero said
07 troll account
u make zero sense

if aint reality was the point genius

1 month ago '21        #215
Marrero 
 Sincere730 said
u make zero sense

if aint reality was the point genius
you been on here too long to be trolling. you should try to sell your account first and make a new one to troll on.

1 month ago '16        #216
metro6  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x11
Props total: 23729 23 K  Slaps total: 11491 11 K
lol

1 month ago '21        #217
Marrero 
 Speedy ClapSon said
Producing is more than making beats

What beats did Birdman make? You taught me something new today. I thought he just owned the label.
+1   

1 month ago '05        #218
That Dude 
Props total: 6170 6 K  Slaps total: 547 547
 ProfessionalDon said

You are jumping through all kinds of hoops to try and justify and compare Puff to a REAL producer like Dr Dre

Just give it up
Finding samples and adding or removing to the beat is part of production, can't take that away from puff. He might not be banging the MPC but he is producing.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #219
Speedy ClapSon 
Props total: 23440 23 K  Slaps total: 7623 7 K
 Marrero said

What beats did Birdman make? You taught me something new today. I thought he just owned the label.
Dr Dre and Quincy Jones didn't make every beat but they still produced

It's called orchestrating

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #220
Speedy ClapSon 
 ProfessionalDon said

Just give it up
Anybody can make a beat but can they turn it into a hit

Biggie was a pure rapper but his albums were artistic because of puff

1 month ago '21        #221
Marrero 
 Speedy ClapSon said
Dr Dre and Quincy Jones didn't make every beat but they still produced

That doesn’t mean that Birdman isn’t a producer. He’s executive producer on every Cash Money album. Executive producers are over the other producers.

Top 10 most propped recently  1 month ago '17        #222
Speedy ClapSon 
 Marrero said

That doesn’t mean that Birdman isn’t a producer. He’s executive producer on every Cash Money album. Executive producers are over the other producers.
Executive producers just greenlight the song

Hence the word executive

1 month ago '21        #223
Marrero 
 Speedy ClapSon said
Executive producers just greenlight the song

Hence the word executive
Executive producers are at the top of the hierarchy of producers. Their job is to fund and be the overseer to the project. That’s what Diddy, Dr Dre, andddddd Birdman do.

I forgot how you worded what you said but Executive producers dont just approve songs.

1 month ago '21        #224
King856 
Props total: 10916 10 K  Slaps total: 4547 4 K
 Oldbrooklyn718 said
You typed this
Sooo confidently like Kandi ain't got credits on No Scrubs,
No Pigeons, Ariana Grande's "Thank You Next"
Ed Sheeran's "Shape of you"..."Songs in A Minor"
For Alicia Keys
Hella work for Pink
Etc
What does kandi have to do with Jermaine Dupree and ex scape catalog. We talking about Xscape catalog. This like you telling me junior mafia catalog is bonkers because biggie has classics and wrote for someone . Dummy

Your goofy a*s playing 6 degrees of desperation.

1 month ago '20        #225
ProfessionalDon  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x13
Props total: 27191 27 K  Slaps total: 4759 4 K
 Speedy ClapSon said
Anybody can make a beat but can they turn it into a hit

Biggie was a pure rapper but his albums were artistic because of puff
Its called sitting in the studio talking sh*t

There is no orchestrating going on

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  19
Difference between microsoft and sony
62 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
+23online now  13
Oct 15 - S.W. Airlines CEO Apologizes for Vaccine Mandate, Blames Biden
172 comments
21 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  13
Video inside HALLOWEEN k*llS (2021) | US Premiere
96 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
online now  7
Image(s) inside Former Atlanta Hawks guard Brandon Goodwin claims COVID-19 vaccine end..
107 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy