No, The Matrix/Terminator was NOT written by a black woman and stolen by Hollywood

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
82 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
78 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
258 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #41
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
I'm not saying I believe this woman, because she sounds like a fu*kin lunatic. But, the courts ruling against her doesn't necessarily mean she's wrong. You haven't shown any more evidence than she has as to why she's wrong. You haven't talked about WHY the courts ruled against her. You're not being a very responsible writer here. If you were going to post this to your blog, you need to do more work on it first. Again, not saying you're wrong, just saying you need to do better reporting.

Edit: You did say you read her material, and that there are no concrete connections, so this is good actually, but you didn't even include that in your main article. That was a post later in the thread.
 10-11-2012, 05:22 PM         #42
THNKS  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
No. the judge dismissed her case and found in favor of the wachowskis and the studios. There was a college paper that mistakenly referred to her winning a motion as her winning the whole thing, and that article (without the subsequent retraction and correction) has been forwarded all over the internet.

She does not own the copyrights and got no money.
you are really a "conscious thug!"

over-compensating, due to your own paranoid conscious/ego...never getting to, so-called, expose some lady on your blog but randomly bringing your (almost) only claim to fame, by resurfacing a vague, nearly forgotten movie controversy that played out similar to the plot of the story.....

you lost! she wins!

& she wrote the original treatment!!!
 5 years ago '04        #43
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
*if the amount of effort that was put into trying to discredit this black woman over a franchise that ended years ago was actually put into some sh*t that might actually help the world.......*
 10-11-2012, 05:55 PM         #44
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:
I'm not saying I believe this woman, because she sounds like a fu*kin lunatic. But, the courts ruling against her doesn't necessarily mean she's wrong. You haven't shown any more evidence than she has as to why she's wrong. You haven't talked about WHY the courts ruled against her. You're not being a very responsible writer here. If you were going to post this to your blog, you need to do more work on it first. Again, not saying you're wrong, just saying you need to do better reporting.

Edit: You did say you read her material, and that there are no concrete connections, so this is good actually, but you didn't even include that in your main article. That was a post later in the thread.
Actually my article/piece on this is on my blog and is in my signature. I wrote it last September, and I included in the parts about me reading it.

Here's a snippet from my longer piece which you can read by clicking the link in my sig.

During this time she also suggested that I read her story "The Third Eye", and that she felt that "all your questions" are answered in there. At this point I had my first thought that she was not going to do this interview after all. I wrote back saying that I had not been able to purchase her e-book from her site (at a price of $24.95) and that even if I had, many many people reading this interview also would not have read it, so you want to do an interview to give information to those who perhaps haven't read the book.

In my mind you don't not do an interview simply because "oh just read my Book, the answers are all there". But I responded, explaining this, and I have to say she was very kind and she gave me a copy of her ebook which was over 200 pages of not only her story, but also a ton of legal documents, filings, and correspondence between her and some of the people at Warner Brothers in regards to her allegations that they stole her intellectual property.

This was very interesting, because the response from one of the execs was pretty much my thoughts upon my reading The Third Eye, and that is there are so many differences between The Third Eye and The Matrix that it's just incredible.

There are small similarities to it, mainly in themes and ideas, but as the exec pointed out correctly, you can't patent or copyright an idea or a theme. And he sent a three page letter outlining what he felt were the stark differences between the two properties. And this was before the lawsuit, obviously, so those letters clearly did not phase Ms Stewart.

And I agree with this. There are certain themes that are similar, but overall those themes have been used in countless movie products throughout history. I mean, in the beginning of her story she talks about a flying pyramid. There was a similar flying pyramid in the French sci-fi flick 'Immortel" by Enki Bilal. Did he steal that from her too?

And she claims that the FBI essentially sides with her, and that they have agreed with her that the Matrix and the Terminator franchises IN FACT DO violate her copyrights, however there is no proof of this. In her e-book she has a bunch of "Did you know?" questions that are mostly innuendo, speculation and twisted facts presented in order to cause you to think something that is not true. Some of those "Did you know" entries are outrageous to say the least.

So last night I emailed her again and asked if she was still interested in doing the interview. I thanked her again for giving her time, as I was sure she was someone who was busy, and told her I appreciated her doing this. And she responded by sending me a RICO document, that had her statement that she said to just give her answers from that, because she stated her case in that document.

[pic - click to view]

10-11-2012, 05:59 PM         #45
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THNKS said:
you are really a "conscious thug!"

over-compensating, due to your own paranoid conscious/ego...never getting to, so-called, expose some lady on your blog but randomly bringing your (almost) only claim to fame, by resurfacing a vague, nearly forgotten movie controversy that played out similar to the plot of the story.....

you lost! she wins!

& she wrote the original treatment!!!
 10-11-2012, 06:26 PM         #46
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Vancouver said:

Also here is a snippet from correspondence between Stewart and a person at the studios at Warner Brothers. now tell me after reading this it sounds like these two works are similar enough that The Matrix was ripped off from The Third Eye. I READ the Third eye, and this sh*t is dead fu*king on.

SIMILARITY

As a writer, you must be aware that no one can own themes and ideas. The law protects only particular expressions of themes and ideas. We firmly believe that the similarities between "The Matrix" and "The Third Eye" involve only a few themes and ideas, most if not all of which are found in a variety of other works. "The Matrix" and "The Third Eye" treat those similar themes and ideas in thoroughly different ways. In short, each work contains its own expression.

What are the similarities? In essence, both works contain futuristic science fiction stories based on the following basic themes and ideas: The earth is controlled by an oppressive regime, the central character, viewed as a "Chosen one" by other characters, joins a group of rebels who are attempting to overthrow the regime; that central character must go through episodes of training and trials in order to improve his powers and achieve his goals. Clearly those thematic elements are unprotectible ideas residing in the public domain. And they are common to numerous works ranging widely from Biblical chapters to such sci-fi motion pictures as "Star Wars" and "The Terminator".

In any event, even these basic similarities are expressed very differently in "The Matrix" and "The Third Eye". The differences are fundamental and thus they make the stories fundamentally different. To take just a few important examples:

A. In "The Third Eye", the evil regime is created and ruled by an alien being, while in "The Matrix", the evil regime is maintained by computers originally created by humans.

B. In "The Third Eye", the population is fully aware of the existence of the oppressing ruler and regime, while in "The Matrix" the oppressed population is living in a "Virtual reality" that has rendered it unaware of the existence of it's own oppression. Only the rebel band knows the truth.

C. "The Third Eye" is an epic story that takes place on Earth, space, and distant planets and spans a period from the beginning o time to the distant future. "The Matrix" on the other hand, takes place only on Earth and is essentially confined to two settings and periods. "the Matrix" takes place in a relatively short period of time.

D. At the end of "The Third Eye", the hero defeats and destroys the evil regime, and the world begins anew. At the end of "The Matrix", the computer dominated virtual world still exists and it is uncertain if, when and how the hero will ultimately defeat the oppressor machines.

Aside from the general themes and ideas just described, there is another area of similarity between "The Matrix" and "the Third Eye" that may have caught your attention and caused you to think that your work was infringed. In particular, computers and computer networks are incorporated into both narratives, and the stories include a planet ruled by them.

But computer networks and even a computer ruled planet are certainly unprotectible story ideas. Once again, the expression of the ideas is very different in the two stories. In your story, the planet in question is not the oppressed earth, but rather a planet more incidental to the overall story, and the machine ruled regime is a beneficial one. On the other hand, "The Matrix" uses the idea of a computer ruled planet as it's central theme. the planet is the earth, the computer regime is the central enemy in the story, and the virtual reality world created by those machines forms the heart of the conflict.

We could state and analyze numerous other differences, large and small between "The Matrix and "The Third Eye". The foregoing discussion is merely designed to illustrate what we see as the limited and unprotectible nature of the similarities between the stories and the very different manner in which the two works express the similar elements. We hope you will consider our points carefully and perhaps review your reaction to the film in light of them.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '11        #47
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
Meh,white people lie why can't we yell™
 10-13-2012, 08:05 AM         #48
youknowmystelo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #49
Propel Water 20 heat pts20
space
space
$19,396 | Props total: 4286 4286
The second and third matrix wassuch garbage
 5 years ago '04        #50
.Mase Da Rula.|M 1 heat pts
space
space
$25,670 | Props total: 177 177
my understanding of this whole thing was that her book was the idea behind all those movies... not that she wrote the scripts themselves

they infringed on her ideas... and the courts agreed but she didn't get any money

anyway.. even if the courts didnt side with her... they still borrowed enough of her original idea to make these franchises.. thats something you can not refute

they said "one idea is thought of a thousand times, but the first one to say it can lay claim to it"

well her story predates both franchises right? I'll leave my thoughts there
 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM         #51
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 .Mase Da Rula. said:
my understanding of this whole thing was that her book was the idea behind all those movies... not that she wrote the scripts themselves

they infringed on her ideas... and the courts agreed but she didn't get any money

anyway.. even if the courts didnt side with her... they still borrowed enough of her original idea to make these franchises.. thats something you can not refute

they said "one idea is thought of a thousand times, but the first one to say it can lay claim to it"

No, the courts did not agree with her. The Court Judge said that she had shown NO evidence that they had infringed on her work. And you cannot copyright a theme or an idea. Also they did not "borrow enough of her original idea to make these franchises", and it is absolutely something that can be refuted.

Have you even READ her book? I HAVE. And aside from being GARBAGE and pseudo intellectual nonsense, the basic themes are ones that have been used throughout history in stories and movies.

Go back up a bit and read the correspondence from a studio exec to her outlining the differences between the two works, and how the only similarities are at the basest levels that can cover movies that were before she ever thought of writing.
 5 years ago '05        #52
Grown Man Ish 97 heat pts97
space
space
space
$14,105 | Props total: 234 234
 .Mase Da Rula. said:

exactly^
 10-13-2012, 06:19 PM         #53
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Grown Man Ish said:
exactly^
Not exactly.
 10-13-2012, 06:43 PM         #54
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Im not familiar with this gay a.ss story but whats with the emphasis on BLACK woman who wrote yada yada yada?!
Is this one of those black quarterbacks can never be as good as white quarterbacks typa deals? Lol
Sh*ts mad extra for no reason.

"That BLACK woman couldnt have wrote that because...
because... because... I wanna say it but I don't wanna say it!"
 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM         #55
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 regulate said:
If his post is antisemitic and homophobic, how in the cracker fu*k is your post and "article" not racist?? All this mention of the BLACK woman and the "black community" as if race is in anyway relevant to this subject.

It's pretty clear where your motivations lie with that kind of blatant double standard.

FOH
Oh here we go.

BINGO!
 10-13-2012, 06:50 PM         #56
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Im not familiar with this gay a.ss story but whats with the emphasis on BLACK woman who wrote yada yada yada?!
Is this one of those black quarterbacks can never be as good as white quarterbacks typa deals? Lol
Sh*ts mad extra for no reason.

"That BLACK woman couldnt have wrote that because...
because... because... I wanna say it but I don't wanna say it!"
Not at all. Since you're unaware of the story, I'll treat your comment as sincere and not a troll or as*hole post.

Sophia Stewart claims that her book "The Third Eye" was sent to the Wachowskis and the never responded to. then they allegedly used that to create The Matrix, and another separate studio somehow also got hold of it and used it for The Terminator.

In virtually EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE that has been online over the years (or damn near all of them) have played up that angle of "A Black Woman wrote the Matrix and it was Stolen from those White/Jews in Hollywood".

It plays into the overall incredible story (if it was true) of this single Black woman took on the heavyweights in Hollywood and beat them garnering a multi-billion dollar recovery.

It was covered on the Tom Joyner show, along with countless newspapers, magazines, etc in the Black community.

Yet it wasn't true. An article by a college newspaper was reporting on her winning a single motion (the other side wanted to just dismiss outright and the judge gave her a chance to try to prove her case, which she couldn't) and they wrote that she had won the entire case, rather than just that motion.

They retracted it and issued a correction and an apology, but that part was never forwarded around. it was the "Mother of the Matrix Victorious" part that was sent around, and to this day people believe that sh*t, even though it's EASILY disproven.

It doesn't help that she still goes around to just about anyone who will talk to her and let her say whatever she wants, and insists that she owns the official copyrights to The Matrix and is going to put out Matrix 4: Cracking the Genetic Code.

So the "Black Woman" part of the title and whatnot, is a part of the story because that's the narrative that SHE HERSELF is putting out there.
 10-13-2012, 06:53 PM         #57
ManWithoutFear!  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 conscious thug said:
Not at all. Since you're unaware of the story, I'll treat your comment as sincere and not a troll or as*hole post.

Sophia Stewart claims that her book "The Third Eye" was sent to the Wachowskis and the never responded to. then they allegedly used that to create The Matrix, and another separate studio somehow also got hold of it and used it for The Terminator.

In virtually EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE that has been online over the years (or damn near all of them) have played up that angle of "A Black Woman wrote the Matrix and it was Stolen from those White/Jews in Hollywood".

It plays into the overall incredible story (if it was true) of this single Black woman took on the heavyweights in Hollywood and beat them garnering a multi-billion dollar recovery.

It was covered on the Tom Joyner show, along with countless newspapers, magazines, etc in the Black community.

Yet it wasn't true. An article by a college newspaper was reporting on her winning a single motion (the other side wanted to just dismiss outright and the judge gave her a chance to try to prove her case, which she couldn't) and they wrote that she had won the entire case, rather than just that motion.

They retracted it and issued a correction and an apology, but that part was never forwarded around. it was the "Mother of the Matrix Victorious" part that was sent around, and to this day people believe that sh*t, even though it's EASILY disproven.

It doesn't help that she still goes around to just about anyone who will talk to her and let her say whatever she wants, and insists that she owns the official copyrights to The Matrix and is going to put out Matrix 4: Cracking the Genetic Code.

So the "Black Woman" part of the title and whatnot, is a part of the story because that's the narrative that SHE HERSELF is putting out there.
Oh ok. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I wasnt tryna be a d!ck title just came off kinda ill. Lol
But I see now.

Props given
 10-13-2012, 07:17 PM         #58
conscious thug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Oh ok. Thanks for taking the time to explain. I wasnt tryna be a d!ck title just came off kinda ill. Lol
But I see now.

Props given
No problem. It is an inflammatory headline, as I look at it now, but that IS part of the thing. Even the people who post about it on BX in the past it's always "A black woman wrote the Matrix and had her sh*t took!" lol
 5 years ago '06        #59
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,218 | Props total: 5029 5029
 Michael 1987 said:
I know she wrote this sh*t for both movies. Ain't sh*t going to change my mind.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
81 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
297 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
127 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
26 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
63 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
76 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy