online users
thotties       tv/movies       gaming       gear       tech       guap       rides       eats       health       bxwf       misc

Royce sends out a warning to all non-Shady Records emcees: "Be afraid"

icon

more
ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  1   0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section hiphop

13 years ago '04        #1
7090 page views
0 comments

Budala 
Props total: 3133 3 K  Slaps total: 734 734
icon Royce sends out a warning to all non-Shady Records emcees: "Be afraid"

Crediting a few late lyrical emcees like Notorious B.I.G. and Big Pun, Ortiz feels Shady Records will only grow stronger as a brand with the addition of Slaughterhouse and newly signed rapper Yelawolf.

"It just feels good to put lyricism in the forefront again, in my eyes," Ortiz explains within the feature. "Some of my heroes, when I came up rhymin', were Biggie Smalls, Big L--rest in peace to all these--Big Pun. Dudes who were passionate about the way they put words together, the message they sent when they rhymed, and just bein' ill with the pen. And I feel like this group, and Yelawolf and [Eminem], are dudes who stand for that. And it's good to see the pure form gettin' shine again." (XXL Mag)

Royce also sent out a warning to all non-Shady Records emcees.

"'Be afraid,'" Royce warns other rap crews, "cause as soon as we make the announcement that Slaughterhouse and Yelawolf is signed to Shady, not even 30 days after that, it's on the cover of the biggest hip-hop magazine."
(XXL Mag)

www.xxlmag.com
+2   

icon
best
icon
worst
0 comments

say something...

ADVERTISEMENT
Sign me up

yesterday...