We were really printing out four pages of directions to travel liked pirates

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section wild 'ish

4 months ago '17        #51
DavidTheMan  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33893 33 K  Slaps total: 19355 19 K
My dad always had mcneelys maps where ever he went.

I remeber when i showed him that you could get maps online.

He was like , game time.
+1   

4 months ago '07        #52
michelleski495 
Props total: 5976 5 K  Slaps total: 1049 1 K
Printing? We were too poor for a printer we used to have to write them down lol
+3   

4 months ago '05        #53
projectd06 
Props total: 44559 44 K  Slaps total: 9895 9 K
 lltreyll said
I'm still trying to memorize how to navigate by the sun in different seasons. It doesn't consistently rise and set exactly east to west all year long in the northern hemisphere, and there are different methods of going about it. So there is a considerable amount of sh*t to factor in that I haven't completely remembered yet.

And trying to spot constellations like Polaris to find north is easier said than done, especially with why I want to get the hang of this sh*t to begin with. Trees and other stuff will probably be in the way if I'm ever in some fu*ked up situation in the wild without a smartphone, compass and sh*t to find my way.

Being able to figure out north, east, south and west by just the sun or stars definitely seems like something that would be great to memorize. Besides I wouldn't be surprised if maybe 2 out of 100 people today can do that, but probably should learn how to because sh*t happens.
Man if you dont buy a compass.
+4   

4 months ago '05        #54
projectd06 
Props total: 44559 44 K  Slaps total: 9895 9 K
 SHAMPOOO said
Used to grab a Map at a Gas station and go State to State...Reality is, that as a Whole, Humans were much more Smarter, Alert and greater brain capacity with Less technology!
Reading a Map was damn near Second Nature back than and wasnt even a Brain-Fart...H#ll, We even had Phone numbers Memorized!
Damn near everything that's popular makes you lazier or dumber, nothing wrong with using these tools but at least learn while using them.

4 months ago '05        #55
donnie_d3 
Props total: 679 679  Slaps total: 24 24
 KingLogic said
I was in the military in the years just before smart phones dropped. Ive driven many 10+ hour trips with printed mapquest directions. When it's all you have, it just is what it is. Was better than having to unfold a big a*s map.

I grew up in Louisiana and we drove to Orlando for a Disney trip when I was a young kid. Disney was a go-to because my dad had a brother in Orlando who knew a Dinsey retiree with a pass to get people in for very little. On the way back home, my dad was tired so he let mom take over as we approached the Florida State line. He gets in the passenger seat and immediately crashes out pretty hard.

Pops wakes up a few hours later and he was bout ready to go super saiyan in that mf.

When mom took over, she apparently jumped on I-10 and went in the direction we just came from for damn near 3 hours. Not sure how it happened because she had driven long distances without my dad on a few occasions. But once pops woke up and realized where we were, me and my brother were in the backseat like

We didn't have a lot of money, and pops was planning on spending the night at home. So he was even more pissed that he had to fork over money for a hotel for a night. GPS would've deaded this entire situation before it took place

HA!! Now there's no excuse for that. Once you're on I-10 its a straight shot back to Louisiana, and the highway tells you if you're traveling East or West.
+3   

4 months ago '05        #56
donnie_d3 
Props total: 679 679  Slaps total: 24 24
 panamaican said
You had the map, wrote down the exits and turns, and drove real slow so you could read all the signs. We were probably smarter because of it.
Agreed, we were smarter because of it. Technology is incredibly convenient, but its making us lazy to a degree. We're too dependent on it.
+3   

4 months ago '21        #57
Marrero 
Props total: 6619 6 K  Slaps total: 4175 4 K
 Iceyloc said
I used to smoke weed and ride around everyday if I got lost I got lost till I figured my way around. It helped out cause now I almost know how to get everywhere. The first rendition of GPS almost had me go 50 mph of a cliff in Atlantic city.
damn so i was close to never having to read this bull sh*t.

4 months ago '21        #58
Marrero 
 KingLogic said
I was in the military in the years just before smart phones dropped. Ive driven many 10+ hour trips with printed mapquest directions. When it's all you have, it just is what it is. Was better than having to unfold a big a*s map.

I grew up in Louisiana and we drove to Orlando for a Disney trip when I was a young kid. Disney was a go-to because my dad had a brother in Orlando who knew a Dinsey retiree with a pass to get people in for very little. On the way back home, my dad was tired so he let mom take over as we approached the Florida State line. He gets in the passenger seat and immediately crashes out pretty hard.

Pops wakes up a few hours later and he was bout ready to go super saiyan in that mf.

When mom took over, she apparently jumped on I-10 and went in the direction we just came from for damn near 3 hours. Not sure how it happened because she had driven long distances without my dad on a few occasions. But once pops woke up and realized where we were, me and my brother were in the backseat like

We didn't have a lot of money, and pops was planning on spending the night at home. So he was even more pissed that he had to fork over money for a hotel for a night. GPS would've deaded this entire situation before it took place
man that's one dumb a*s bi*ch. i don't know how you made it this far in life brother.

4 months ago '04        #59
infam0uskills 
Props total: 18408 18 K  Slaps total: 1108 1 K
I remember my pops would get lost and whip out a giant fu*king road atlas

+1   

4 months ago '17        #60
KingLogic 
Props total: 12149 12 K  Slaps total: 796 796
 Marrero said
man that's one dumb a*s bi*ch. i don't know how you made it this far in life brother.
You can look at the way I communicate and compare it to yours and see that we're not the same. I am who I am and you are who you are because that few hours of my life is not indicative of the rest of my life while whoever raised you apparently fu*ked up the entire time.
+2   

4 months ago '21        #61
Marrero 
 KingLogic said
You can look at the way I communicate and compare it to yours and see that we're not the same. I am who I am and you are who you are because that few hours of my life is not indicative of the rest of my life while whoever raised you apparently fu*ked up the entire time.
your mother can't read or follow instructions. don't simplify that to "a few hours". you were raised by a dumb a*s bi*ch and your father got her pregnant. poor decision makers.

4 months ago '07        #62
michelleski495 
 Marrero said
your mother can't read or follow instructions. don't simplify that to "a few hours". you were raised by a dumb a*s bi*ch and your father got her pregnant. poor decision makers.
+1   

4 months ago '17        #63
KingLogic 
 Marrero said
Classy. Have a good one

4 months ago '19        #64
unit321  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x31
Props total: 68912 68 K  Slaps total: 13369 13 K
 jun tao said

I used to have a map in my car. 1 for New York state and 2. US road map for road trips.

Usually, I would go to another city or town in New York and then once you know how to get there, it was a matter of calling to get directions to specific places. You used your memory to recall how to get to places again. Also, having a map helped you figure out plan B detours.
GPS is great but if you ever lose your GPS signal, or cell phone connectivity or other, you are lost. For the most part, GPS is pretty reliable. Cell phone connections can go down if you are in a very rural location or there are weak cell phone signals in certain parts of a town/city.
+1   

4 months ago '21        #65
Marrero 
 KingLogic said
Classy. Have a good one
tell your dad to have a good one when the dumb bi*ch goes the wrong way. nope. your punk a*s sat in the backseat like

thats how you be when brothers drop their nuts on you. wolves gotta eat bi*ch and you taste like backseat pu**y.

4 months ago '07        #66
michelleski495 
 Marrero said
tell your dad to have a good one when the dumb bi*ch goes the wrong way. nope. your punk a*s sat in the backseat like

thats how you be when brothers drop their nuts on you. wolves gotta eat bi*ch and you taste like backseat pu**y.
Sheesh why so much anger

4 months ago '21        #67
Marrero 
 michelleski495 said
Sheesh why so much anger
i had a cheeseburger today. i usually don't act like this but it had cheese on it brother. i can't eat cheese.
+1   

4 months ago '17        #68
KingLogic 
 Marrero said

So many people failed you for you to present yourself to the world this way, brother. Serious questions...
How old are you?

What is your highest level of education completed?

Did you grow up with a father?

Who hurt you?

4 months ago '10        #69
lltreyll 
Props total: 10836 10 K  Slaps total: 3326 3 K
 projectd06 said
Man if you dont buy a compass.
I know. I like doing sh*t sh*t outdoors and its not uncommon for me to be deep of in the wild. If I'm ever in a fu*ked up situation where I don't have any other way to navigate, then it would be something extremely useful to memorize. It could even save your life. So making sure I get the hang of how to do it regardless of the season or time of day is a worthwhile goal I have in mind.

4 months ago '04        #70
smurfdoran 
Props total: 1613 1 K  Slaps total: 123 123
 Strong Side Iso said
My parents will still ask for a mapquest even tho there's built in GPS in the car. I just give it to them.

Half the time its not even them driving on long trips, its my azz lol. I can't listen to my father on the road. He swear he knows every shortcut.
Every time I take my dad to Kentucky and use the gps to save us 15 mins he always like naw why you going this way. I ainít never been this way. Now I just go his way just so he can shut the hell up.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #71
mack387 
Props total: 3191 3 K  Slaps total: 207 207
Gas stations were the cheat code back then.

4 months ago '21        #72
Marrero 
 KingLogic said
So many people failed you for you to present yourself to the world this way, brother. Serious questions...
How old are you?

What is your highest level of education completed?

Did you grow up with a father?

Who hurt you?

who hurt you? you are the one sitting in the backseat scared to breathe! daddy gonna beat the magical world of disney out your a*s.

had you in the backseat wishing upon a star

4 months ago '16        #73
kuul  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x12
Props total: 170365 170 K  Slaps total: 18547 18 K
people saying reading a map is too much work is embarrassing.

4 months ago '11        #74
VicDutch 
Props total: 6654 6 K  Slaps total: 842 842
 d*ck2Gutta said
I have no idea how ppl got to their destination with a map & a compass...if you missed your exit or turn, i know that has to cause anxiety
life was different then.. we were smarter human beings then..

it's funny how, like you say, ppl have no idea, or they can't imagine how we used to live like that, when that was just the norm for us and we had no problems doing so..

i'd just print the page in a way that made it reader friendly, and let my passenger tell me.. if i was by myself i would rewrite the directions myself and just put the route names with the cardinal direction
+1   

4 months ago '19        #75
DLo Brown 
Props total: 241 241  Slaps total: 8 8
My dad taught me how to read maps and understand directions when I learned how to drive. The only thing I love about GPS is being able to see traffic patterns/accidents and taking a different route. That is a lifesaver

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  27
Article inside Woman Blames PWI Universities For NOT Hooking Them Up With Weird MEN ..
101 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+32online now  25
Image(s) inside Astro Boy Boots 🚀
59 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
+21online now  24
Article inside ChatGPT Jailbroken !