Relative Of Jeffrey Dahmer Victim Says Netflix's Monster Is 'Retraumatizing' Their Family

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

most viewed right now
+25  51
163 replies  @hiphop

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section tv / movies

4 months ago '04        #51
jholla31 
Props total: 6205 6 K  Slaps total: 820 820
 Ghost Terp said
The victim's family members/friends don't have to watch it to be retraumatized by it. The guy here was responding to a tweet glorifying the performance of something that was the lowest point of his cousin's life. Every year there's a new Dahmer movie, show, or documentary.

You think they don't find out about it through social media, a heads up through a call or a text, or just by scrolling through whatever streaming app they have (especially Netflix)?

I have no clue how people can be entertained watching murder pr0n. What do you get out of watching this or shows and docs like it that glorify serial k*llers or show it for what it is. Either way, I just don't get how that's entertaining.
I was just saying this..... people are so conditioned to it... they crave it..... just to be appalled by it in real life.....

For example:

I know a Blond who is heavy right wing... was punched in the face during BLM protest and had her nose broke...

she never had anyone ever come at her like that and I'm sure traumatized her to a degree.... thing is she is constantly on social media talking about audiobooks that deal with murder cases or stories/documentaries focused on crime....

so she secretly craves the very thing that terrifies her....

makes you wonder if people ever consider "collateral damage" anymore as a reality...
+1   

4 months ago '17        #52
WHATEVERMAN 
Props total: 23527 23 K  Slaps total: 2423 2 K
So, if you're the family and you were traumatized by the real event, why in the world would you watch a Netflix series about the same event?

4 months ago '16        #53
HoodrichMike 
Props total: 8820 8 K  Slaps total: 1715 1 K
They really do be flooding sh*t with all these serial k*ller docs. Like there’s dozens of them all about Dahmer, Ted bundy, John Wayne gacy. Like damn how many different ways can you tell the story of someone who brutalized a bunch of innocent ppl
+8   

4 months ago '14        #54
Christian238 
Props total: 11951 11 K  Slaps total: 1077 1 K
Personally I don't watch Serial k*ller sh*t that's not a horror movie...don't watch...

Wife used to p*ss me off with that sh*t...Fresh out the shower from a side bish house talking bout I had a long day at work only to turn 2k off climb into bed and go to sleep then wake up in the middle of the night to some discovery ID sh*t in that low a*s voice...

"It would be years before investigators caught a break in the case of the missing husband. 45 miles away on a summer Sunday afternoon the Johnson family while vacationing in VA Beach discovered what detectives believed to be human ashes and a class of 2007 High School ring with the initials
[spoiler - click to view]

in a trashcan behind a foreclosed Winn Dixie...

I say all of that to say....ANY and every form of entertainment media hell including THE LOCAL NEWS IS and CAN BE traumatizing to SOMEONE so as I always preach it's on YOU to protect your energy cuzzo...

I get traumatized every time i wake up on Sunday in football season and check my parlays, shiddd look at the world around you...COVID NEWS COVERAGE TRAUMATIZED A BUNCHA MUTHAfu*kAS....

I was leaving the grocery story parking lot headed into the city YESTERDAY behind a car with a bish that walked out, got into her car solo and went all the way into the city with her mask on...
+2   

4 months ago '05        #55
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 45544 45 K  Slaps total: 5293 5 K
 EZ Green said
Man fu*k this show. Jeffrey Dahmer needs to be forgotten. Not romanticized with a damn back story
This is the furthest thing from being romanticized.
+3   

4 months ago '16        #56
smokeytheblunt2 
Props total: 72024 72 K  Slaps total: 4575 4 K
 jholla31 said
why not just make another documentary about that then?

add it to the other pile of docs about this guy of the injustice of the entire milly and Chicago areas...

like it or not... this glorifies the k*ller and tries to humanity to an inhumane individual.

thats what Hollywood does, it glorifies violence and serial k*llers in your media (dexter/john wick)... it tries to make murder as easy to chew like gum and as hard to digest.

making pop culture icons out of mass murderers and serial k*llers only intrinsically creates the same individuals who will go and commit atrocities....

We then seek to replace every area of authority in our life with hyper violence... from the way we handle things...... to the way we rule over ourselves.... (domestic disputes/police shootings/leaders who incite violence)

The days of Rome indeed.....
this isn’t anything new……..

it’s all been happening for decades on top of decades……
+1   

4 months ago '11        #57
Tony Franks  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 50235 50 K  Slaps total: 7066 7 K
Why in the hell would a person watch a serial k*ller show if they lost someone to a serial k*ller, let alone the exact serial k*ller the show is about?

Thats like coming on boxden and expecting only respectful things to be said about your loss. Aint gonna happen.
+2   

4 months ago '17        #58
BXSPAGHETT 
Props total: 7528 7 K  Slaps total: 5946 5 K
Murphy stays with the gay sh*t. That's why I stopped watching American horror story
+1   

4 months ago '17        #59
JayStillPaid 
Props total: 6204 6 K  Slaps total: 527 527
They kept it 10000000000 in the series. They didn't shy away from anything and didn't sanitize anything to avoid offending people. They made a brutal and unnerving piece of art and they allow you to deal with it how you want.
+5   

4 months ago '16        #60
wesleypipes 
Props total: 28246 28 K  Slaps total: 3705 3 K
 Christian238 said
Personally I don't watch Serial k*ller sh*t that's not a horror movie...don't watch...

Wife used to p*ss me off with that sh*t...Fresh out the shower from a side bish house talking bout I had a long day at work only to turn 2k off climb into bed and go to sleep then wake up in the middle of the night to some discovery ID sh*t in that low a*s voice...

"It would be years before investigators caught a break in the case of the missing husband. 45 miles away on a summer Sunday afternoon the Johnson family while vacationing in VA Beach discovered what detectives believed to be human ashes and a class of 2007 High School ring with the initials
[spoiler - click to view]

in a trashcan behind a foreclosed Winn Dixie...

I say all of that to say....ANY and every form of entertainment media hell including THE LOCAL NEWS IS and CAN BE traumatizing to SOMEONE so as I always preach it's on YOU to protect your energy cuzzo...

I get traumatized every time i wake up on Sunday in football season and check my parlays, shiddd look at the world around you...COVID NEWS COVERAGE TRAUMATIZED A BUNCHA MUTHAfu*kAS....

I was leaving the grocery story parking lot headed into the city YESTERDAY behind a car with a bish that walked out, got into her car solo and went all the way into the city with her mask on...
She gonna k*ll yo a*s she smells yo d*ck
+2   

4 months ago '20        #61
Novacane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 10901 10 K  Slaps total: 3783 3 K
 Dehone said

The top streaming services have black stories all up and down those platforms. Every February, it gets front page promotion for the entire month.

We have options. Nikkas choose not to exercise them and complain about liberal agendas

But hey, we can buy Boosie's movies to stick it to the radical leftist, right?

These are left black folks. Apart of the agenda. Actors just trynna get a check. All stories is black man bad. Woman is strong like a man. Emasculate the black man type content
+1   

4 months ago '19        #62
blackthorn 
Props total: 4559 4 K  Slaps total: 811 811
 EZ Green said
That sh*t is torture pr0n to me. There are way better black stories they couldve told to get a similiar point across
Nothing is stopping those stories from being told.

Softer stories have softer impact

4 months ago '05        #63
Tha Boss  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x21
Props total: 162507 162 K  Slaps total: 46816 46 K

4 months ago '07        #64
tre0624  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 26212 26 K  Slaps total: 12079 12 K
so why did they click and watch it?

4 months ago '19        #65
zzxxccvvbb 
Props total: 45233 45 K  Slaps total: 5308 5 K
Will they be so traumatized they do the daytime.talkshow circuit and write a book?

4 months ago '06        #66
BigRed912 
Props total: 8969 8 K  Slaps total: 1353 1 K
There is no positive way to spin it, cant expect them to roll out the red carpet for a premier about a guy who dismembered and ate people smh

That short clip of John Wayne Gacey caught my attention. Wouldn’t be surprised if they do him next or at least keep the serial k*ller craze going

4 months ago '07        #67
FeedTheBeast 
Props total: 20827 20 K  Slaps total: 2183 2 K
 Prometheus said
This may be a stretch.. but why don’t they just not watch it.
Just the existence of it can be triggering....Im pretty sure they didnt even watch it.
+1   

4 months ago '04        #68
Javon23  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x25
Props total: 76465 76 K  Slaps total: 14814 14 K
Haven't see this yet but here is a faq for y'all.
Where Dahmer lived in Bath Township Ohio, Lebron's current home is located about a-little over 2 miles from there in Bath. Akron area

Last edited by Javon23; 09-26-2022 at 09:40 AM..
+1   

4 months ago '19        #69
lordinfamouz 
Props total: 2078 2 K  Slaps total: 442 442
I watched it and the show was great. Even though the show was about Dahmer they did focus a lot on the families and what they through. It should their perspective and what they went through. A lot of the episodes and after he was k*lled in jail focused on only families and the people affected by Dahmer.

Also from the article up top "The show's ratings*are, so far, mixed, with audiences apparently being more receptive to the show than critics"
fu*k those critics. The opinions of a few hundred snobby white bi*ches and bastards do no outweigh the opinions of millions. fu*k the critics and fu*k Dahmer.. or Satan or whatever his name is.
+3   

4 months ago '13        #70
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86949 86 K  Slaps total: 12546 12 K
 Fauby said
This is the furthest thing from being romanticized.
Going back to his childhood to try to explain the way he is the way he is is romantacizing. It opens the door for sympathy which he doesn't deserve
+4   

4 months ago '04        #71
jsmooth-117 
Props total: 44808 44 K  Slaps total: 4536 4 K
 Delbert Mengel said
weirdos pushing this weirdo sh*t. we don't need another dahmer film.
We don't need another article/podcast/film/book anything about serial k*llers anymore. There is literally nothing left to analyze about their behavior. Let the sh*t go.
+2   

4 months ago '13        #72
EZ Green  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 86949 86 K  Slaps total: 12546 12 K
 blackthorn said
Nothing is stopping those stories from being told.

Softer stories have softer impact
That's not true. You remember what happened when nate Parker tried to make the nat turner movie? They railroaded him. That was the definition of trying to stop a story from being told. And if that happened in public just imagine the stories that are being suppressed behind the scenes
+2   

4 months ago '05        #73
projectd06 
Props total: 44510 44 K  Slaps total: 9890 9 K
Why you watching it if it's traumatizing? The fu*k?

4 months ago '22        #74
Dick2Gutta  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 12756 12 K  Slaps total: 911 911
If i'm the family, i wouldn't want to relieve that so why watch it then? These corporations only care about a dollar...they have no remorse or empathy if lives were destroyed, long as they can make a k*lling. Long as it's not their family or another rich white family in power, they don't care

4 months ago '17        #75
LazyLeg 
Props total: 14760 14 K  Slaps total: 551 551
 HoodrichMike said
They really do be flooding sh*t with all these serial k*ller docs. Like there’s dozens of them all about Dahmer, Ted bundy, John Wayne gacy. Like damn how many different ways can you tell the story of someone who brutalized a bunch of innocent ppl
Like dude said in his tweet true crime is huge and if it's one thing about Hollywood when something is popping off they're going to bleed that sh*t dry. Especially the well-known people from it
+2   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
online now  18
Feb 3 - 2nd Chinese surveillance balloon spotted over South America, Pentagon ..
162 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
online now  17
Image(s) inside This Chicago mans mugshot is currently going viral.😳😳
133 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+41online now  7
Image(s) inside AI shows what Ancient Egypt would look like if it never fell