May 12 - Delta Air Lines looking for employees to volunteer to work for free

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

section news

3 months ago '06        #26
DominicanLou  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 14352 14 K  Slaps total: 635 635
If the business is not sustainable, it's not sustainable. In the wild Delta Airlines woulda got wiped out or switched up the business model and started selling cookies.

They're really just slowing down innovation in the field. Competition can be a great thing.
+2   

3 months ago '15        #27
edub911 
Props total: 6572 6 K  Slaps total: 1178 1 K
 00010111 said
Delta Air Lines is asking its employees to volunteer to work in their understaffed airport lounges without pay.

“Just come to the ATL airport for a few hours to help with cleaning, wiping tables, running food, restocking food buffets, etc,” the company said in an internal message to employees, adding that they should be dressed in business casual with black pants and white shirts. The company would supply the volunteers with aprons.

The company said volunteers would be needed “at all times,” noting that airport lounges are 115 workers short.

“Ideally we’ll be working each week to fill volunteer slots for the following week,” the company said.

The message, which notes that employees won't receive any pay for staffing the lounges, was sent to salaried workers, managers, and headquarters employees.

“We have asked Atlanta-based, salaried employees to volunteer in our Atlanta Delta Sky Clubs to help meet the rapid, recent increases in customer volumes and ensure that our teams continuously deliver the elevated club experiences our customers have come to expect,” the airline said in a statement shortly after the news it was seeking the volunteers was reported.

The story comes as employers across the country struggle to fill vacancies as many potential workers continue to sit out of the labor market amid pandemic fears and generous unemployment benefits. The travel and hospitality industries have been especially hard-hit by the lack of workers, with people becoming more comfortable traveling as the vaccination drive spreads across the country.

President Joe Biden on Monday signaled his support for states to return to a pre-pandemic unemployment system, encouraging people to take work as soon as they find a “suitable job.”

"We're going to make it clear that anyone collecting unemployment who is offered a suitable job must take the job or lose their unemployment benefits," Biden said at the White House.

"I know there's been a lot of discussion since Friday's report that people are being paid to stay home rather than go to work,” the president added. "Well, we don't see much evidence of that. That is a major factor. We don't see that, look, it's easy to say, the line has been, because of the generous unemployment benefits, that it's a major factor in labor shortages."

Foh

3 months ago '08        #28
40ozHenny 
Props total: 2539 2 K  Slaps total: 302 302
Mop a floor, slip and fall, cash them checks....

What they need to do is offer free flights for those that do volunteer. Go back to bartering goods and services like the Stone Age...
+4   

3 months ago '13        #29
jaytxxl 
Props total: 10063 10 K  Slaps total: 387 387
 d.c. supreme said
americans are so cucked by employers

but i dunno, this situation might of set off a light bulb in some workers heads. because they're literately saying in articles now that they might have to raise wages to get people back to work. now... we'll see if that actually happens but i've never seen that mentioned in america before. regardless this moment now is the most leverage any millennial or gen z will ever have with employers. abuse the hell out of it. take them for all you can, this is rare.
We ain’t gon find out until September when they suppose to end pandemic unemployment insurance. Maybe at first mfkas ain’t gon come back but give it two weeks with people ain’t seeing no income, they gon crash the career section on the company website..
+1   

3 months ago '07        #30
J_Duece 
Props total: 5719 5 K  Slaps total: 428 428
So do you have to clock in, do you get a 15 break? Lol
+3   

3 months ago '18        #31
beermoney 
Props total: 6543 6 K  Slaps total: 467 467
 Thisizdray said
The working class is so stupid I’m sure people will show up to work for free too. I know so many working class who have loyalty to a job that can careless about them.

Makes me so mad when people do that.

They are taking advantage of people's kindness.

All the executive pay is in their financials.

Some employee should just email back to everyone the list of their pay.
+1   

3 months ago '05        #32
beast14  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 2867 2 K  Slaps total: 826 826
my job tried this sh*t.. people come and volunteer

3 months ago '18        #33
Proffesor X  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 58339 58 K  Slaps total: 14015 14 K
So they cant even offer free air travel? It's bad enough yall was taxing the fu*k out of people to fly...now yall want those same people to come work for free like they got nothing else better to do then help yall save a few funky a*s thousand dollars a year
+3   

3 months ago '04        #34
abstractq 
Props total: 24351 24 K  Slaps total: 4201 4 K
It sounds crazy but when i was at UPS they did this every year with corporate during the holiday season

They would go so far as to fly corporate members to troubled areas, put them up in hotels and then make them work like two shifts in the hubs... taking them away from family and everything for like 2 weeks

No extra pay
+1   

3 months ago '13        #35
PaperBoy  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 31822 31 K  Slaps total: 5884 5 K
suck my d*ck
fu*k i look like working for free, i got bills
+7   

3 months ago '11        #36
Anti  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 46637 46 K  Slaps total: 3658 3 K
Imagine bustin your a*s, breaking a sweat and catching sass from Karen doing this free work
+4   

3 months ago '17        #37
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 95473 95 K  Slaps total: 3988 3 K
These muthafu*kas getting billions upon billions in bailouts and then got the nerve to ask a n*gga to work for free They done lost their muthacukin mind

Last edited by DaQCKing; 05-13-2021 at 07:20 AM..
+9   

3 months ago '08        #38
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 2011 2 K  Slaps total: 1655 1 K
who ever volunteers for some sh*t like this is an idiot.
+4   

3 months ago '16        #39
postemupndunkit 
Props total: 67436 67 K  Slaps total: 8072 8 K

Son they said work for FREEEEE bro I'm crying
+5   

3 months ago '05        #40
projectd06 
Props total: 29097 29 K  Slaps total: 7166 7 K
 MrNobody said
They really requesting slavery
Slapped for trying to normalize what slavery actually was.

3 months ago '17        #41
yousabitch 
Props total: 18166 18 K  Slaps total: 4940 4 K
 40ozHenny said
Mop a floor, slip and fall, cash them checks....

What they need to do is offer free flights for those that do volunteer. Go back to bartering goods and services like the Stone Age...
they already travel free

3 months ago '08        #42
RustyLorcin 
Props total: 2011 2 K  Slaps total: 1655 1 K
 projectd06 said
Slapped for trying to normalize what slavery actually was.
Slapped for ignoring that there are slaves out there today. They likely have it harder too. Just don't look like you.

3 months ago '18        #43
Oswaldgatesjr  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x8
Props total: 56387 56 K  Slaps total: 19025 19 K
 Thisizdray said
The working class is so stupid I’m sure people will show up to work for free too. I know so many working class who have loyalty to a job that can careless about them.
Facts...n*ggas be proud to go to wrk almost as if the job is an extension of them Thembfolks dnt care if u living or dying.
+5   

3 months ago '20        #44
Xiox  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 36441 36 K  Slaps total: 7009 7 K
I have a silly suggestion , why not lower their higher up salaries to free up some money

Last edited by Xiox; 05-13-2021 at 11:18 AM..
+2   

3 months ago '18        #45
MC Gusto 
Props total: 10677 10 K  Slaps total: 1092 1 K
Give me 1 year worth of free international and domestic flights and I’ll do it
+1   

3 months ago '18        #46
BlackjesuS  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 7513 7 K  Slaps total: 1687 1 K
 lucifershammer said
I would volunteer as CFO for stock options
Lowered expectations....in that bi*ch for a buddy pass
+1   

3 months ago '17        #47
Props total: 21556 21 K  Slaps total: 6307 6 K
Hahahahahaha

3 months ago '14        #48
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 20103 20 K  Slaps total: 6240 6 K
incompetent company that only exists because of American tax dollars.

Craziest thing is that Delta is framing it as a choice, but realistically your job might be on the line if you don't volunteer. We know how it goes

Last edited by Bigboi781; 05-13-2021 at 08:45 AM..
+6   

3 months ago '17        #49
DaQCKing  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 95473 95 K  Slaps total: 3988 3 K
 Oswaldgatesjr said
Facts...n*ggas be proud to go to wrk almost as if the job is an extension of them Thembfolks dnt care if u living or dying.
Muthafu*kas be like "I don't like to call in sick". I tell anyone I work with that if you die today, they will be interviewing for your job within a week. n*gga I call in if I sneeze too hard. That's what I got all the sick days accumulated for.
+10   

3 months ago '04        #50
jsmooth-117 
Props total: 38851 38 K  Slaps total: 3946 3 K
To be real, I'm not even mad at Delta. This wouldn't be a thing if they didn't think employees would sign up and work for free.

If people are dumb enough and willing to succumb to the pressure of facing consequences for not volunteering or rejecting an offer, then so be it.

We all have a choice, we can work for ourselves, or we can work for someone else. Working for someone else, has and will always come with conditions.

Nature of the beast.

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+17online now  16
Image(s) inside Federal Agents Arrest Bay Area Rapper Philthy Rich
172 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
+338online now  10
Jadakiss Took This Personal
442 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
online now  9
Aug 2 - Another coronavirus variant has reached Florida. Here’s what you need ..
111 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+53online now  6
Cam'ron chokes on stage and gets booed at Madison Square Garden
172 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy