Joe Budden Podcast is over as we know it

ADVERTISEMENT

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT

section  x1   |  0 bx goons and 1 bystanders Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot 3X PLAT section hiphop

3 months ago '06        #251
Big Bear 
Props total: 42965 42 K  Slaps total: 9170 9 K
 301216baller said
What minute mark did he fire rory
Yeah

On air

Said if he start another podcast he’ll sue him

3 months ago '10        #252
fi3nom 
Props total: 782 782  Slaps total: 798 798
 TrillbertArenas said
Spotify offered them 30. Joe Budden saw Rogan Bag and wanted at the very least 100 Ms if not more. Dude is a lunatic. Basedgod was right. He a nasty Old Man
Facts. The original Spotify deal was essentially a prove it deal. They delivered and then Joe walked away from 30 M’s for no good reason. Took a Patreon deal that probably was less (speculation on my part), but gave Joe some made up title so he feels like he made a good business decision.

3 months ago '13        #253
King2aGod 
Props total: 21508 21 K  Slaps total: 3746 3 K
 stogz said
First of all, he said he gave them an accounting in the spotify era.... which he did not have to provide.

Second, what you and everyone else like you keep failing to realize.... it's JOE'S business. Rory and Mal have their representation... and they negotiated their pay. Joe does not owe employees a monthly, quarterly, or yearly accounting of his PRIVATE business' finances.

You fu*kers think that someone else starts a business. They hire you.... you do ok, now you deserve ownership. That's NOT HOW sh*t WORKS!!! On top of that, fu*king rory and mal suck. Joe always pushing these idiots up a hill. Say whatever you want about Joe, he has no issue running his mouth. Rory's voice is irritating and he usually isn't interesting at all. It's real easy to just chime in with a joke here and there and then think you are equal. Joe has to fu*king pull teeth with mal and he can't even express a coherent thought. At best, rory and mal are adequate for the level of listen that pod has.
If you share revenue/profits, you have a right to see books. Wtf are y'all even talking about right now? From what theyve both said, they get paid after expenses are paid which makes them profit sharing partners. You literally need to see accounting and see how/what expenses are being paid in order to execute that. Otherwise, you will be in a situation where Joe tags everything a business expense and can technically pay you the .02 cents left in profit.

Y'all just talking to talk.

3 months ago '07        #254
Sincere730  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x2
Props total: 60963 60 K  Slaps total: 6657 6 K
 fi3nom said
Facts. The original Spotify deal was essentially a prove it deal. They delivered and then Joe walked away from 30 M’s to keep 100% ownership

Took a Patreon deal that probably was less (speculation on my part), but gave Joe some made up title so he feels like he made a good business decision.
Fixed
+1   

3 months ago '11        #255
UrDoinGood 
Props total: 6652 6 K  Slaps total: 1554 1 K
BX is obsessed with Joe Budden and I can’t figure out why
+8   

3 months ago '09        #256
59fifty  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 42921 42 K  Slaps total: 8023 8 K
Just cut it on

3 months ago '15        #257
Sleezymcman 
Props total: 5202 5 K  Slaps total: 1161 1 K
 JarlesBronson said

sh*t not work for me
+1   

3 months ago '14        #258
Bigboi781  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x9
Props total: 19979 19 K  Slaps total: 6216 6 K
This is a lesson to all of you. All of that ownership talk yall harp on means 0 if you don’t know what you’re doing aka budden
+4   

3 months ago '13        #259
PyrexVisionary  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x28
Props total: 33898 33 K  Slaps total: 4104 4 K

+5   

3 months ago '15        #260
Sleezymcman 
Never mind it’s on the podcast app
+1   

3 months ago '07        #261
Deniro732 
Props total: 14068 14 K  Slaps total: 2507 2 K
jb is a fu*king woman. Stays in some drama and on some lame back and forth bs.
+4   

3 months ago '14        #262
worldwide202  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 20109 20 K  Slaps total: 3370 3 K
 Sleezymcman said
sh*t not work for me

+3   

3 months ago '04        #263
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34080 34 K  Slaps total: 7938 7 K
I love Joe's music, and really enjoyed the podcast early on -- but this is on Joe. Everything falls apart because Joe doesn't get his way.

He wants to be "for the creators" and be Puff at the same time. He's not that guy. He doesn't know how to run a business. He's full of drama all the time, and I think people are starting to tire of him.

It was a good run Joe but... and if it's starting to dry up, you only have yourself to blame.
+5   

3 months ago '12        #264
LicensedLegend 
Props total: 10022 10 K  Slaps total: 1366 1 K
One thing I’ve learned about business. Never pay more than you have to. You “overpaid” because you knew this would become a problem. Now that you don’t want to continue “overpaying” it is a problem.
+5   

3 months ago '18        #265
Kodack sixnine  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x52
Props total: 60490 60 K  Slaps total: 13614 13 K
Lol dude thought he was Joe Rogan and a bunch of idiots pumped up his ego till he believed it. Now he is gone lol
+2   

3 months ago '15        #266
kami  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x5
Props total: 46590 46 K  Slaps total: 22019 22 K
 PyrexVisionary said

Didn’t expect this therapy session.

3 months ago '15        #267
Sleezymcman 
Ppl say joe is fu*ked up but why doesn’t park ever leave.
+5   

3 months ago '17        #268
INGOBERNABLES  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x4
Props total: 7580 7 K  Slaps total: 1083 1 K
 UrDoinGood said
BX is obsessed with Joe Budden and I can’t figure out why
n*gga BX is the reason anyone knows who Joe Budden was after Pump It Up

Top 10 most propped recently  3 months ago '18        #269
S-Class 
Props total: 81766 81 K  Slaps total: 7774 7 K
 PyrexVisionary said

Bruh...

+1   

3 months ago '04        #270
regularjoe  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 34080 34 K  Slaps total: 7938 7 K
 Sleezymcman said
Ppl say joe is fu*ked up but why doesn’t park ever leave.
Bc Joe knows how important Parks is. He's almost irreplaceable.
+7   

3 months ago '05        #271
Fauby  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 33483 33 K  Slaps total: 3644 3 K
 301216baller said
What minute mark did he fire rory
With like 25 mins left of the podcast

"Rory, you are in breach of contract and from this point on, you are fired"
+4   

3 months ago '18        #272
shooter  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x7
Props total: 35931 35 K  Slaps total: 3470 3 K
 Mental Illness said
it was uploaded and then taken down after about an hour

this was the display picture for this episode

In this episode:

Joe gets a happiness check on the team (7:10) and speaks to situations concerning the JBP (8:35). Parks & Joe recap their vacations (11:15), and Joe addresses his relationship with DJ Akademiks (19:45) as well as the elephant in the room (26:35). He recalls JBP beginnings including Marisa’s role (31:20), and how Rory came on board. Joe discusses opportunities outside of the podcast (1:01:55), smear campaigns against him (1:04:45), if things will ever be the same after accusations and a lack of chemistry (1:27:10), and what makes a bad podcast (1:31:15). J. Cole drops ‘i n t e r l u d e’ (2:05:35), a new DMX & Puff album (2:17:30), a 15yo involved in Pop Smoke’s murder (2:19:00), Drake breaking up happy homes (2:21:30), Logan & Jake Paul vs. Floyd Mayweather (2:30:00), and more. For more exclusive content: become a Patron of the The Joe Budden Podcast.

Sleeper Picks: Joe | Dee Gatti – “Caught Up” Parks | Stove God – “Dope” (Ft. French Montana)

him bringing up Akademiks in the synopsis proves that Joe and Ak's relationship had Rory and Mal in their feelings

I also believe turning down that Spotify deal was also a major factor in the fall out

happy Wednesday guys

link to todays episode:
.. 7bb2a01451815e shoutout to @

It’s really simple.

Joe has made enough money to retire. Not billions but he’s made the type money where he doesn’t have to decide on his next moves based on finances. It gives him freedom.

Mal and Rory are NOT anywhere near that level so they’ve been forced to deal with Joe/ the podcast.

When presented a deal that would allow Mal and Rory to have the type of (7 figure) financial stability that gives them the same freedom, Joe blew it up. He’s a calculating, power hungry narcissist behind all that “I’m just a average every day fu*kup” vibe he gives off. He knew letting Mal and Rory touch M’s means they would be out ASAP, so he sabotaged the move.

Whatever else happened internally after that is irrelevant tbh. It all stemmed from that.

Lesson learned: NEVER do biz with a narcissist if you have no leverage or plan b. I don’t care if it’s a friend, auntie or you’re opening a nail salon with your 80 ur old grandmother. If the person has been identified with that personality trait/ mental illness, you are going to lose in the end. So, don’t even start unless you know how you’ll keep things in check.
+5   

3 months ago '15        #273
Preacher Mane  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x3
Props total: 60677 60 K  Slaps total: 3839 3 K
 regularjoe said
I love Joe's music, and really enjoyed the podcast early on -- but this is on Joe. Everything falls apart because Joe doesn't get his way.

He wants to be "for the creators" and be Puff at the same time. He's not that guy. He doesn't know how to run a business. He's full of drama all the time, and I think people are starting to tire of him.

It was a good run Joe but... and if it's starting to dry up, you only have yourself to blame.
The fact he was yelling and yelling for “the creators” and ownership all this time but turns around and says he’ll sue them if they start their own pod is the wildest part about all of this to me.
+10   

3 months ago '14        #274
Gotti Pippen  topics gone triple plat - Number 1 spot x1
Props total: 52534 52 K  Slaps total: 2095 2 K
 regularjoe said
Bc Joe knows how important Parks is. He's almost irreplaceable.
Facts.

Isn’t parks the connection between Joe and Ian too?
+1   

3 months ago '13        #275
unowhoo 
Props total: 819 819  Slaps total: 93 93
The part where Joe threatened to sue Mal & Rory if they start their own podcast, that was it for me. I cannot continue to support this dude and his network. (I love Bridget Kelly tho lol).
+5   

Sign me up

yesterday...

most viewed right now
+36online now  34
Antarctica
112 comments
19 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
+117online now  30
Proof that size does matter to women.
105 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+29online now  19
Video inside Married Boxden Fam Is This True?!
186 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
online now  18
Image(s) inside Aug 1 - ICU Doctor Cannot Believe The Things Unvaccinated Patients Are..
216 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register register Follow BX @ Twitter search BX privacyprivacy