Tesla will close most of its stores and only sell cars online

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter       Share this on Facebook

3 weeks ago '16        #1
2062 page views
46 comments

00010111 107 heat pts107
space
space
$4,121 | Props total: 15663 15663
Tesla will close most of its stores and only sell cars online

In a major shift, Tesla announced that it will only sell its vehicles online. The electric carmaker will close most of its stores over the “next few months” and lay off some retail employees. Tesla announced the move at the same time it said it will finally begin to sell its long-promised $35,000 Model 3.

Customers who purchase their Teslas online will have up to a week to return the car if they aren’t satisfied. In a call with reporters Thursday, Tesla CEO Elon Musk said he was confident that few customers would exercise this option. The move to e-commerce will help Tesla cut some operating expenses, as well as avoid dealing with local politics that have prevented it from operating its own stores in certain states including Connecticut, New Mexico and others.

Tesla will keep some of its retail locations open, which the company described as “a small number of stores in high-traffic locations remaining as galleries, showcases and Tesla information centers.” And there will be “some headcount reduction” as a result of the shift, Musk said Thursday.

Musk wouldn’t say how many employees can expect to lose their jobs, nor whether these layoffs were factored into the “company-wide restructuring” that was announced in June 2018. “It is a hard decision but I think it’s the right decision for the future,” he said.

Tesla will “significantly” increase the number of service centers to meet the demand of its growing customer base, Musk added. The company offers mobile service, in which Tesla-branded repair vans can be summoned through the Tesla mobile app. Musk said the company’s service team would now report directly to him, with the goal of providing same-day service to all Tesla owners.

The decision to shift away from brick-and-mortar retail is necessary for the company to remain financially sustainable, Tesla said. The company’s finances have stabilized somewhat in recent months, but Tesla still operates on very tight margins. After two back-to-back profitable quarters, Musk said on the call he doesn’t anticipate earning a profit in the first quarter of 2019.

In a blog post, the company described the process for purchasing its vehicles online.

You can now buy a Tesla in North America via your phone in about 1 minute, and that capability will soon be extended worldwide. We are also making it much easier to try out and return a Tesla, so that a test drive prior to purchase isn’t needed. You can now return a car within 7 days or 1,000 miles for a full refund. Quite literally, you could buy a Tesla, drive several hundred miles for a weekend road trip with friends and then return it for free.
visit this link https://www.theverge.com/ .. only-car-sales
+6   

46 comments for "Tesla will close most of its stores and only sell cars online"

3 weeks ago '04        #2
georgebenson 10 heat pts10
space
space
$832 | Props total: 1504 1504

3 weeks ago '16        #3
BlueGold 13 heat pts13
space
space
$901 | Props total: 5605 5605
LA Atlanta NY Miami

Most likely the only stores that will be left open are in these cities
+4   

3 weeks ago '17        #4
LarryFresh 1 heat pts
space
space
$700 | Props total: 1599 1599
The all glass roof is dope but I’m wondering how that would hold up in a crash. I’d hate to wreck survive only to get cut up by the glass
+5   

3 weeks ago '11        #5
Unattached 46 heat pts46
space
space
$2,242 | Props total: 2663 2663
 BlueGold said
LA Atlanta NY Miami

They probably will keep one somewhere in the Chicago area too. I see these bi*ches everywhere
+5   

3 weeks ago '16        #6
Illogic 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,163 | Props total: 2934 2934
I own a chevy bolt and performance model 3 electric cars are dope as hell
+1   

3 weeks ago '04        #7
deliverance 
space
space
space
$288 | Props total: 84 84
 LarryFresh said
The all glass roof is dope but I’m wondering how that would hold up in a crash. I’d hate to wreck survive only to get cut up by the glass
Tested Highest rated safety cars
+6   

3 weeks ago '16        #8
BlueGold 13 heat pts13
space
space
$901 | Props total: 5605 5605
 Unattached said
They probably will keep one somewhere in the Chicago area too. I see these bi*ches everywhere
Yeah I knew I was forgetting a City
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #9
Boogie1790 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,573 | Props total: 16190 16190
Did a project for school for Tesla. I think we called this
+1   

3 weeks ago '16        #10
Toast2the 21 heat pts21
space
space
$5,367 | Props total: 21636 21636
@ you good?

3 weeks ago '05        #11
Killamike504 
space
space
$931 | Props total: 564 564
I want to get one of these but the hassle of no repair shops being able to repair them along with the sparsity of shops is keeping me away. This doesn't exactly make me more interested.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #12
willi150 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,614 | Props total: 509 509
Doesn't shock me! I am actually shocked at how many cars they have on the resale market at this time. I want one but I want the P100D but even a good used one is running you $80k. Told my wife I am going to stick with my 5 series until I see what the electric game looks like in 2022.
+5   

3 weeks ago '04        #13
willi150 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,614 | Props total: 509 509
 Killamike504 said
I want to get one of these but the hassle of no repair shops being able to repair them along with the sparsity of shops is keeping me away. This doesn't exactly make me more interested.
If they make good on that service in a day model it should make people more comfortable with it

3 weeks ago '17        #14
Iduzdis 
space
space
space
$1,453 | Props total: 3260 3260
Seems like a lowkey unstable company.

I think the bigger manucfaturers will start making similar cars and send this n*gga out of business.

Last edited by Iduzdis; 03-01-2019 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: Double post
+3   

3 weeks ago '13        #15
Nel 33 heat pts33
space
space
space
$3,580 | Props total: 326 326
 BlueGold said
LA Atlanta NY Miami

I'd say chicago over atl
+2   

3 weeks ago '04        #16
DJ Maximum|M 62 heat pts62
space
space
$46,222 | Props total: 23193 23193
Tesla is done

great tech but they have no money to be sustainable

might have to have people buy into but they cant be cutting jobs to make cars.

Makes zero sense
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #17
DJ Maximum|M 62 heat pts62
space
space
$46,222 | Props total: 23193 23193
Also lack of charing areas

I passed one near me it was full and 4 cars waiting to be charged
+1   

3 weeks ago '17        #18
2007 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,200 | Props total: 3217 3217
Smart move on their behalf. The transportation industry was not playing fair with these guys since day 1.
+1   

3 weeks ago '07        #19
andros06 
space
space
space
$1,165 | Props total: 786 786
I'm sure it's a wise move for them Elon is no dummy. They got their brand awareness out there these last years, Tesla is legit, no need for all the overhead now.
+3   

3 weeks ago '08        #20
flav 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,825 | Props total: 7409 7409
Looks like they are cutting the costs of renting physical space
+2   

3 weeks ago '17        #21
RayDonovan 
space
space
space
$80 | Props total: 160 160
Dude at the job had one a cple years ago, door handles wouldnt pop out had to climb in thru the sunroof lmao

3 weeks ago '05        #22
BurninLz 35 heat pts35
space
space
$11,135 | Props total: 4185 4185
so will everyone in a couple years.

You really think the "used car salesman" trope will be around much longer?

3 weeks ago '13        #23
PCDubya 
space
space
space
$860 | Props total: 1991 1991
 Iduzdis said
Seems like a lowkey unstable company.

I think the bigger manucfaturers will start making similar cars and send this n*gga out of business.
I thought the same, until you look into their batteries used to power their cars. They currently use a European company I believe, who has them by the balls on the price of these batteries.

When tesla was going public with the IPO, it was to raise funds to build their own factory in Nevada to manufacture their own batteries. Once tesla opens that massive factory, they will own the electric car market for a long time.

Performance wise, others companies will be able to compete. But when you have to buy your batteries from your competitor(tesla) you will never be able to touch their price.
+3   

3 weeks ago '04        #24
kontrast 
space
space
space
$1,977 | Props total: 200 200
Smart move by the company. 76% of their sales are online sales. Elon is using a super lean sales model where he is relying solely on the product to keep selling itself. Given the high volumes they've finally achieved and the hundreds of thousands of cars they have on the road, this is a great move going forward.

3 weeks ago '09        #25
Baynut 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,581 | Props total: 4130 4130
I'd only lease one and only if that MF and residual are on point. Oh yea and MSD's.

If not, I'm good. Once the warranty ends you are fu*ked.
+1   

Home      

most viewed right now
+72online now  17
How's a nigga supposed to stay p0rn free with these hoes
127 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
+30online now  16
Image(s) inside Mar 21 - Cliff Dixon robbed n killed at his own bday party..smh
137 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
+21online now  15
Image(s) inside Pool Farts
22 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
+43online now  13
Image(s) inside WOW: J. PRINCE Really THE GODFATHER Of HOUSTON, Look How He WAVE OFF H..
157 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy